Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 21 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Spartak Moscow v Fenerbahçe SK (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.97[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Mönchengladbach v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Basel v CFR Cluj (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC København v Lille OSC (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Helsingborgs IF v Celtic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.78[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.79[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 22 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AEL Limassol v Anderlecht (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.07[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dinamo Zagreb v NK Maribor (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC BATE Borisov v Hapoel Ironi Kiryat-Shmona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Málaga v Panathinaikos (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sporting de Braga v Udinese (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 For those that don't know Udinese have lost another 3 key players this summer, with midfielders Asamoah and Isla moving to Juventus and the excellent keeper Handanovic moving to Inter. Whilst I have no doubt that the replacements that manager Guidolin has brought (with a couple of others also returning from loans) will in time be able to replace those losses, its likely that they may struggle in the early stages of the season. I think realistically they will be a top 6-10 team in Serie A this season, and I would fancy Braga to have enough over the tie to make it through. Any insight from Portuguese league followers would be appreciated but at the moment, with odds of 2.2 to qualify and 2.3 to win this first leg, Braga do tempt me.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Hmm, Udinese has one of the best scoutings maybe I can say in Europe, so the departure of Asamoah and Pinzi will not be sensed. Handanovic is a blow, but I think that offensively they will be even more potent this year, since the players coming back from loan and the new ones from Brasil are great. I don't say that thwy won't lose at Braga, but the changes of players are not that significant since they are at least at the same quality. The form of the team is more important right now, since this will be their first official game this season. Better games in EL, not much value for me here - very unpredictable games.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Thinking on opposing Basel in some way. Basel are not the side they were last season losing key players such as Shakiri and Xhakara. They scraped past Molde in the last round 2-1 on Aggregate, they do not look as comfortable of a side they were last season at all! Cluj are a decent outfit, always there or abouts in the Romanian league and got past Slovan Liberec in the last round 3-1 on Aggregate, winning both legs. They are also undefeated this season. Anyone got any more information on this game for me ?

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 BAsel lost those guys and are not that side from last year. But they looked solid in previous games and CFR looked poor. With 2 regulars out it will be very hard to keep a 0-0 for 90 minutes. My bet is Basel -0.75 for 3 units.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Udinese look a bit short to me selling off their best players not really replacing them, owners not investing in the club they just bought Watford Braga look a strong side, have been a top 3 side in Portugal for the last few years and the Portuguese league already started albeit one game. a small punt on Braga 2.25 to win Will hill

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Nothing caught my eye. I'll try a system of five UNDER games. I guess teams will play more protective in that first game and there will be many goals. The odds for this option are between 1.60 and 1.75.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Pick: Spartak M. (-0.75) Stake: 6/10 Odds: 2.21 Bookmaker: PINNACLE Fenerbahce started the season bad I think. The games between Vaslui Fenerbahce played so week. If Vaslui eliminated the Fener, I wouldn't have surprised. Turkish team's midfield has lack of creativity. Alex is normally slow player but this year he is slower. Mehmet Topal, Mehmet Topuz and Selcuk Sahin can't add enough power to offence. Also Kuyt scored goals and seems very good. However, he is also not fit enough and the goals were very lucky. The other bad thing for Fenerbahce is defence. It will be probably the first match of Yobo in this season and instead of Gokhan Gonul, Orhan Sam might play play because Gokhan Gonul has a injury. It can be a very big miss. I know Spartak Moscow lost the match against Zenit 5-0. They played very bad but I watched the other matches of this team also. I can definetly say Russian team is much better than Fenerbahce. Fenerbahce's Coach Aykut Kocaman alsa very bad. Nobady likes his decision. He is criticized after every match. He make the Fenerbahce play coward football. It is a big handicap. I expect a home win easily. If Spartak Moscow was Zenit, I would have bet Home -1.5 Asian.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22

Nothing caught my eye. I'll try a system of five UNDER games. I guess teams will play more protective in that first game and there will be many goals. The odds for this option are between 1.60 and 1.75.
I absolutely agree... hm, only if you thought to say: won't be ;)

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 4pts Spartak Moscow to beat Fenerbahce 5/6 Stan James Both sides are pretty evenly matched in truth but the fact the Russian league has been underway a bit longer than the Turkish one can make the difference here and ensure Spartak have enough about them to take a slender first leg lead to Turkey with them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/spartak-moscow-vs-fenerbahce-betting-spartak-s-extra-competitive-edge-can-provide-a-first-leg-advantage

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 3pts Helsingborgs vs Celtic - Draw 23/10 Betfred The task for Celtic is to make sure they are still in this tie when it gets back to Celtic Park so I’m sure they will happily settle for a draw particularly if it is a scoring one. Helsingborgs will want a lead to take to Scotland so the onus will be on them to attack a little bit more which may lead to them being caught on the break. Celtic’s injury concerns don’t make for confident punting on them neither does their draw at Ross County on Saturday. I think the draw is the bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/helsingborgs-vs-celtic-betting-both-sides-may-settle-for-the-tie-still-being-alive-going-into-the-second-leg

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 4pts Dynamo Kiev to beat Borussia Monchengladbach (DNB) 5/4 Ladbrokes With Kiev already into their season and with some very talented players at their disposal I think they can get a result in this match. That competitive edge from having played a few matches at full speed can not be underestimated and it could very well prove to be the difference in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/borussia-monchengladbach-vs-dynamo-kiev-betting-kiev-s-competitive-edge-can-give-them-a-first-leg-advantage

Helsingborgs +1 corner handicap @ 1.83 - StanJames. Scottish sides are generally speaking quite notoriously poor away in Europe. Celtic got the win they needed over HJK in the previous round, and away they could easily have drawn as they created as much as HJK. Clearly Helsingborg are a slight step up, so I think Celtic will be under it a bit here, and will be thankful of takings leaving with a draw. They haven't started the season in great form, so I think they aren't likely to blow any opposition away right now. Which is why I think helsingborgs are more than capable of getting forward enough times to at least equal the amount of corners Celtic get.

Helsingborgs +1 corner handicap @ 1.83 - StanJames. Scottish sides are generally speaking quite notoriously poor away in Europe. Celtic got the win they needed over HJK in the previous round, and away they could easily have drawn as they created as much as HJK. Clearly Helsingborg are a slight step up, so I think Celtic will be under it a bit here, and will be thankful of takings leaving with a draw. They haven't started the season in great form, so I think they aren't likely to blow any opposition away right now. Which is why I think helsingborgs are more than capable of getting forward enough times to at least equal the amount of corners Celtic get.
Corners 6-3. Bet won....

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Some excellent calls in here tonight guys, well done. Still undecided about whether or not to take Braga. I'm sure Udinese will be playing for the draw, as they've left one of there only 'flair' players Muriel back at home. They'll either go to a straight 4-5-1 with the extra man in midfield, or use Fabbrini as the support striker. He's a hard worker but not known for this goal threat. The big question is whether Braga have enough to break through, and i'm going to take more time to dwell on that. At 2.30 its certainly tempting.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 4pts Malaga to beat Panathinaikos 3/4 Blue Square Malaga have lost some quality from their squad over the summer but they still have enough about them to get the job done in this match. The likes of Julio Baptista, Jeremy Toulalan and Sebastian Fernandez are all good players. With their season up and running Malaga are likely to have a bit more of a competitive edge about them and won’t be as rusty as the Greek side and with home advantage and the need to take a lead out to Greece next week so paramount I think the Spanish side are worth supporting to get the job done here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/malaga-vs-panathinaikos-betting-malaga-still-have-the-sufficient-quality-to-earn-first-leg-lead-in-the-tie

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22

4pts Malaga to beat Panathinaikos 3/4 Blue Square ......With their season up and running Malaga are likely to have a bit more of a competitive edge about them and won’t be as rusty as the Greek side
Actually the season in Spain just started and in reality Malaga has played less official games than Panathinaikos which already faced twice Scottish Motherwell.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 Malaga - Panathinaikos Pick: Over 2 Result: Pending Stake: 4/10 Odds: 1.66 Bookmaker: 188bet Malaga beat Celta Vigo in the first match of the season. I watched the match and I can definetly say Malaga was very very lucky. Celta Vigo missed a lot of chances. If I had bet that match on home win, I would have gone crazy. This match shows us Malaga is not ready for the defencive side. They are very week. Their rival is a Greek team but I don't think they will play classical Greek play. (Full defence) They certainly watched the Malaga's game against Celta Vigo and probably they think "we can beat them and we have to play courage football." On the other hand, Malaga has a good chance to earn money because they have financial problems and CL is very important for them. They have to win at home also. Therefore, I expect a open game, lots of positions and more than 2 goals.

Re: Champions League Qualifiers > August 21-22 My bet for tonight is a little bit against the odds: AEL - Anderlecht Over 2.5 @ 2.65 (bet365) It is mainly the huge price that attracts me here. We have been talking more than enough about AEL's defense in this thread, so no need repeating. Obviously the under is more likely outcome here, however, I don't think that overs are so unlikely as the odds suggest. Anderlecht has more than enough fire-power up-front and they rarely leave their opponents with clean sheets. In my opinion, if Anderlecht gets a goal before half-time, then the overs might become very likely as AEL opens-up and Anderlecht themselves are not impeccable in defense. Of course, we should have in mind that this bet is a bit speculative as it picks an event which is more likely not to happen. But as I said, i think it is much more likely to happen than the odds suggest, so I go for it.