Did I Play this Badly

Haichan

Just had a sick beat last night Playing the mega stack last night at Fox Poker club. Its a £35 +£5 buyin. 23,000 starting stack and blinds rising every 15 mins. 103 entries and after 4 hours we are down to 35. Average stack is 45,000 and Ive got 70,000. Blinds are 3000/1500 and im in mid position. Table is fairly loose with lots of all in draws early on. Ive been playing pretty steady and I only lost a couple of hand. Had two big pots which I have won with AA's and then AK against QQ's. I am dealt AdJc and raise to 6000 as I am looking for some action. folds round to small blind who calls as does big blind. Flop comes AhJs4h. Theirs 18,000 in the pot and I raise to 15,000 to discourage any heart draw. small blind who has me covered by about 20,000 calls. He has several times called allin moves with a draw and got lucky. Big blind folds. The turn is 6s giving heart and spade draws. 48,000 in the pot and I have 49,000 left. I put the small blind on a heart draw, i don't think he has trips as I think he would have reaised me on the flop. I move all in. The small blind thinks for about 5 minutes and then calls. To my amazement he shows 2s4s showing pair of 4s and a spade draw. And of course the river is 8s giving him the runner runner flush. Thlnking about it I am reasonably happy with the way I played it. to have gone all in on the flop would probably have produced no action. The fact he made such a bizzare call putting his tournament at risk is just one of those things. Welcome anyones thoughts. When you get a result like that it makes you question how you played the hand.

Re: Did I Play this Badly Should change title of thread to 'Donk called allin on the turn for rest of his stack on a pair and flush draw'. You know you played the hand correctly got max value on the turn and just got outdrawn, **** happens if you can't handle it don't play poker. I may sound harsh but bad beat stories just get on my nerves:wall There's nothing to question about the hand if you shoved allin pre with AA and got called by KK and got outdrawn would you feel the same way. In both instances you're 77 -81% fav and if you're questioning those odds well it's never going to get any better than that is it, but you already know this:unsure

Re: Did I Play this Badly steveo, This is not a bad beat story. if posts like this get on your nerves then don't read them. The whole point of a forum is to talk over hands. When you lose a big hand late in a tournament you will often question how you played it. Sure getting outdrawn is a part of the game. I know the odds. The problem is not knowing the odds but being able to judge when the other guy playing you has no idea what the odds are and still draws on you.

Re: Did I Play this Badly

steveo, I know the odds. The problem is not knowing the odds but being able to judge when the other guy playing you has no idea what the odds are and still draws on you.
The other guy gambled when he was way behind with all the chips in the middle which is exactly what you want 100% of the time. Wish I could get all the chips in the middle as a 1/4 fav and everyone time I lost I would say to the other player 'Nice hand Sir' and head for the bar.

• 1 month later...