Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood

2:15 Goodwood Grandeur 1pt win - 12/1 (WH) Blue Surf 1pt win - 14/1 (B365) Pilgrims Rest 1pt win - 16/1 (Betvictor) All three are overpriced in my opinion. Grandeur didn't look to enjoy the ground at Ascot last time, and at Epsom when second to Wrotham Heath he had a bad draw, kept ducking left in the straight and still went very close. I thought Blue Surf would be one of the market leaders so very surprise to see 14/1 available. Had smart form as a 2yo and finally won his race on his first appearance as a 3yo. He battled well and ran on nicely in the closing stages and should be able to make an impact off a mark of just 84. Pilgrims Rest hasn't had the best draw the last twice, and although not chosen by Hughes I think he's the best chance of the Hannon pair. A return to good ground will suit.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 2:45 Goodwood Cay Verde 2pt win - 9/2 (Bet365) Euxton Hall 1pt win - 16/1 (888sport) Cay Verde can be given another chance after a disappointing run at Royal Ascot when finishing behind tomorrow's opponent Ahern. The form of that race looks strong and he didn't travel as he can do. I think he's a fair price and wouldn't be surprised if he overturns form with Ahern. Euxton Hall is worth a small bet at the price. Last time out he was well beaten by Master of War but he had to make his own running when in fact I think he needs a lead.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 3:15 Goodwood Lost in the Moment 1pt win - 9/1 (B365) This horse has some class form to his name finishing second in this last year to Opinion Poll when not getting the best of runs and then sixth in the Melbourne cup. Not run over very suitable distances so far this season and would've hopefully been peaked for this. Saddlers Rock and Colour Vision will be hard to beat but look a little short. Simenon a very much unknown now into group company so is equally too short to back.

Flat Racing ~ Thursday August 2nd ~ Goodwood Day 3 2.15 Goodwood: Betfred The Bonus King Stakes (Handicap) (Class 2) (1m1f192y) Another tricky opener for the punters to sort out and quite a few unexposed types which makes it even harder to solve. Asatir has a poor draw and will need Frankie to be at his brilliant best while Cecil’s Wrotham Heath comes back into handicap company and the yard is flying. Grandeur and Hefner look to be weighted up to the hilt and the solid option looks to be Stoute’s Opinion who has a nice draw and is improving. For one at a bigger price I like Blue Surf for a trainer who gets her horses spot on for this course but could have done with a better draw. Selections: 2pts Opinion 8/1 >Paddy Power 1pt EW Blue Surf 14/1 >Bet365 Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/goodwood-betting-stoute-to-get-day-three-of-goodwood-off-to-a-flyer-with-opinion

Re: Flat Racing ~ Thursday August 2nd ~ Goodwood Day 3

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I am keen on learning as much as possible. Can you please just let me know what (2pts / 1pts) mean. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
instead of using £'s we use points .........so if your normal bet is £5 win you could say it was 1pt . if next time you had a stronger bet and placed £10 on it (twice your average bet) its 2pts etc ....its just an easy way of grading bets without getting money involved

Re: Flat Racing ~ Thursday August 2nd ~ Goodwood Day 3

instead of using £'s we use points .........so if your normal bet is £5 win you could say it was 1pt . if next time you had a stronger bet and placed £10 on it (twice your average bet) its 2pts etc ....its just an easy way of grading bets without getting money involved
Thanks for that Richard-Westwood. Cleared alot up :) On the side note your selection of Opinion is very much my flavour too.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Thursday August 2nd ~ Goodwood Day 3 2.15 good 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 strong trends for this race ,all previous 10 winners ran within 23 days so cross off 1,2,3,4,8,12,16 nearly all winners in last decade rated between 88 and 99 so you want a classier horse near the mid-top but not too high in weights ....aplying these trends leaves 4 horses ] chapter seven fennell bay hefner prussian on balance prussian would look the one to be on but 9 of last 10 winners were all drawn high so it seems very big advantage to be drawn high as only low draw to win was 2 and prussian has worst draw in 1 so will need something special to buck trend but if got fast start and good early position then would warrant serious attention so maybe one to back in running .so ruling out prussian on draw and chapter seven looks a miler and hasnt shown anything over 10f that leaves fennell bay and hefner ,neither looks like guarnteed winners but they fit trends well and both come from top stables that do well here hannon/johnston so their pricetags of 12/1 and 20/1 respectively look huge value i will be watching prussian in running and if he manages to get good early position from very poor draw then could be worth a saver fennell bay 5pts win 20/1 will hill hefner 5pts win 12/1 ladbrokes

Re: Flat Racing ~ Thursday August 2nd ~ Goodwood Day 3 *Heavy Metal - Goodwood 2:45* Hard to ignore Mark Johnston's form here at Goodwood, he is having a superb festival so far, and this horse can go well at a big price. It's last run was on soft so i can ignore that, as his horses tend to do a lot better when the ground comes good. It is still very lightly raced, and has had 2 wins, one of those when beating a good horse called Birdman who ran at Goodwood today. May find this class tough, but at the price is worth a bet. *1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Hills BOG*

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 3:45 Goodwood: Amaraja 1pt e/w 25/1 Skybet (1/4 123) Amaraja may be Sir Henry Cecil's second string based on jockey bookings, however she could go well here at a big price. Looking through the realtively short history of this race several horses that had a low rating, in the 80s, going in to the race have gone on to win. Judged on her pedigree its highly likely that Amaraja will improve for this trip and being lightly raced there is plenty of scope for improvement. Amaraja was at one point entered in the Irish Oaks and the form of her maiden win (albeit a massive step up is required) got a boost when second Bite Of The Cherry won comfortably next time.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 2.15 Betfred The Bonus King Stakes (Handicap) The first race on day three should see a handful of horses in the mix, with my vote going to Andrew Balding’s HALLINGS COMET. He is one of the least exposed runners in the field having had just three runs; he gets in here off a low weight of 8st 5lb, whereas many of the key protagonists have already shown their hand to the assessor. This horse scored by a staggering 10 lengths at the second time of asking at Chepstow on heavy ground, before following this up with a solid effort (off a mark of 82) in a competitive handicap at Newmarket. The handicapper has raised him 1lb for that effort, but as he is stepping up in trip a further 2f, which on his pedigree ought to be far more suitable than a mile, I expect a huge run from him. Although his latest outings have come on soft and heavy ground, I don’t see the faster surface being an issue; if it were to rain over the next 24 hours then he has proven form on a softer surface. The horse at the top of the weights, Grandeur, has done little wrong this season, but found the step up to Group company at Royal Ascot a bridge too far last time. This also proved the case for Wrotham Heath, who beat Grandeur by a neck prior to their Royal meeting; however Jeremy Noseda’s has a pull in the weights here, so should, in theory, reverse the form. He represents a solid option and although he may be a little high in the weights to win the race, he should be there or thereabouts at the finish. He also has some all important course and distance form. One further horse to consider is the Amanda Perrett-trained Blue Surf, who won impressively when stepping up to this distance at Windsor on his most recent start. He has gone up 4lb for that success, but still looks fairly well treated. His trainer won this race back in 2004, which is another plus; however, like Grandeur, he will need some luck in running from a wide draw. 2.45 Audi Richmond Stakes (Group 2) AHERN is given another chance to register his first Group race success on the back of a solid effort in the July Stakes at Newmarket, in which he finished a close up third behind a smart looking type of Richard Hannon’s. Before this he was fifth in the Norfolk Stakes over 5f behind Reckless Abandon, which is proving to be top quality form. The testing ground at Newmarket may have been too much for this son of Dutch Art, so with the forecast better ground he has to be the one to beat. In my opinion it will be down to Qatar Racing’s other runner, Cay Verde, to chase him home. He was only just behind Ahern in the Norfolk Stakes, a race for which he was sent off the 11/4 favourite having previously won a Listed race at the Curragh in good style. He steps marginally into the unknown by trying 6f for the first time here, but he has plenty of potential, and may have been freshened up by a 42 day break. The yard has also had a 2 year old winner at the meeting already with Bungleinthejungle scoring on Tuesday. 3.15 Artemis Goodwood Cup (Group 2) The main focus will undoubtedly surround the Ascot Gold Cup hero Colour Vision, who will be aiming to give the Godolphin team their third win in this race in the last four years. He certainly has a great chance on the back of a gutsy win over his fellow Godolphin runner (and winner of the race last year) Opinion Poll. He does however, have a 4lb penalty, which makes life a little tougher. I am also slightly unsure whether the 2m trip will be as suitable as the 2m4f distance at Ascot. He needed every yard to get up close home, so the shorter trip and penalty cast a shadow of a doubt. The horse I think can beat him is his stable mate, LOST IN THE MOMENT, who was narrowly denied a victory in this race twelve months ago, going down by a head to Opinion Poll. His latest run over 1m4f in a small field was never going to play to his strengths, and was clearly a prep race to get him spot on for this. He has only tackled this trip twice, but to great effect on both occasions; when finishing a gallant third in the Melbourne Cup, and on his previously mentioned second placed effort in the 2011 running of this race. For me, he will take all the beating. Looking through the remainder of the card for dangers, Saddler’s Risk would have to be feared on the back of his third placed finish behind Colour Vision at Ascot, but 4 year olds have an appalling record in the race in recent times, winning just one of the last ten renewals. He also looks as if he relishes the marathon trips, so 2m may be a little to sharp for him. This leaves me with the other Irish representative in the field, the dual Royal Ascot winner Simenon. Although both of his wins came in handicap company, the consummate ease with which he demolished two competitive fields was very impressive. Both of these wins were over a much greater distance, so it cannot be said whether he will be equally effective over 2m, but he has masses of potential and he is the unknown quantity in the race. He may be the lowest rated horse in the line-up, but I can see him fighting it out for the minor placings. 3.45 Ishares Fillies’ Stakes (Registered as the Lillie Langtry Stakes) (Group 3) The one they have to beat here looks to be the Queen’s Vase winner ESTIMATE, for Sir Michael Stoute and the Queen. She could not have been more impressive at Royal Ascot when winning by 5 lengths, and there should be more to come. It looks a fairly weak renewal on paper, with seven of the 12 runners rated 95 or lower. The 4 year olds have enjoyed a fruitful time in this contest, winning the last three renewals; however the 3 year olds have also tasted victory three times in the last ten years. More importantly, Stoute won the race with the 3 year old Hi Calypso in 2007, so he certainly knows what it takes to win the race. The selection is also getting a hefty allowance, which could prove decisive. The two challengers from overseas could be the next best. Paul Deegan sends over the Irish raider Midnight Soprano, who has been a revelation this term. She won five on the bounce before bumping into a smart John Oxx runner on her last outing, when stepping up to Group company for the first time. Two starts ago she had Saddler’s Risk and Unaccompanied behind her, albeit on heavy ground. It was still a solid performance, and she is certainly one to be respected. The last horse to make the cut is the French filly Jehannedarc, trained by Alain De Royer-Dupre. She won last time out over 1m4f on the all-weather at Deauville; given she is a daughter of Montjeu, she should have no problem with the extra 2f in front of her. The fact her trainer has brought her over from France speaks volumes, so she could well make the frame at a forecast double figure price. 4.20 EBF British Stallions Studs New Ham Maiden Fillies’ Stakes A tricky maiden for fillies comes next, and there is not a great deal of form to go on. One horse with a run to her name is SUPERNOVA HEIGHTS, from the Brian Meehan stable. His juveniles always come on for the run, so the fact that this horse finished fourth in a competitive Newmarket maiden speaks volumes from my perspective. She is related to two smart types and will have learnt a lot from her racecourse debut. She also holds a Group 1 entry later in the year, indicating that connections think highly of this horse; I would be surprised if she isn’t in the first three. As in any 2 year old contest, Richard Hannon’s runners have to be taken seriously, which leads me to Botanica, ridden by Richard Hughes. This filly made a pleasing debut, before finishing third last time out at Goodwood – a race which is working out well, the winner finishing third in the valuable Super Sprint at Newbury and the runner-up winning since. Hannon has given her a nice break, and she should be more than capable of making the frame with all important racecourse experience on her side. One of the unraced runners to consider could be Polly’s Love, trained by Clive Cox. She is sister to a first time out winner in Ireland, as well as being the half-sister to the yard’s two-time Listed winner Polly’s Mark. The stable have already tasted success with the superb 2 year old Reckless Abandon; this filly needs to be monitored in the betting. 4.55 Tailer Stakes (Handicap) STIRRING BALLAD ostensibly holds a great chance of registering a hat-trick of wins here. People may be put off by the fact this filly ran just eight days ago; however she fits a similar profile to the yard’s 2008 winner of this race, Blue Sky Basin, who was also victorious in a handicap eight days before scoring in this race. Franny Norton was on board that day and is once again trusted to get the job done. This well bred filly won well last time out, when striding on purposely in the closing stages; I would be disappointed if there wasn’t more to come. Shamaal Nibras could prove a solid alternative after finding a mile a little too far last time out. That run was far from discreditable, as he finished runner-up to John Gosden’s Trade Commissioner, and now, returning to 7f (having won two from four over this distance) he is entitled to be in the mix. One at a bigger price to consider is the Kevin Ryan-trained Hamza. He showed smart form at the beginning of 2011, but then seemed to go off the rails somewhat. He then bounced back to form on his second start this campaign by winning a 7f handicap. He then went on to the Britannia Stakes at Royal Ascot, but was stretched over the 1m trip; he should find the drop back to 7f here a big plus, and is by no means handicapped out of the equation. 5.25 Betfred Mobile Lotto Stakes (Handicap) The final race on day three is once again a fairly open looking handicap, but I will be siding with MARSHGATE LANE. His most recent form showed him staying on strongly at Newmarket to get off the mark at the second time of asking; he has been given an initial mark of 88 by the assessor, which isn’t overly harsh. He only got up to win close home last time over 1m2f, so the 1m3f trip is sure to bring out even more improvement. I think he may prove a class above the other runners and could win here on the way to competing in pattern company. One of the more exposed types that I think could run well is Traveller’s Tales, for Richard Hannon and promising young rider Brendan Powell. This horse won well off a mark of 76 at Salisbury, but then found life tough having risen in weights. Powell takes off an invaluable 5lb which brings the horse back down to her last winning mark and is well worth a crack at this trip. This jockey also teamed up with connections to good effect earlier this season when riding Free Verse to victory. Another horse who should appreciate the step up in trip is Silver Lime. He was a gallant runner-up at this course last time out over 1m1f, just failing to get home near the line. As his pedigree suggests, he certainly warrants a try over this longer trip. The form of his races hasn’t worked out incredibly well so far, but he is very unexposed, so if he makes the frame it would be no great surprise.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 3.45 Goodwood: Ishares Fillies’ Stakes (Lillie Langtry Stakes) (Group 3) (1m6f) A decent renewal of this race and should involve the top three or four in the betting. The Queen’s Estimate is improving all the time and despite a drop in trip she should be hard to beat in this company especially with doubts about Wild Coco who was a disappointing when last seen almost a year ago. Hawaafez has possibilities but I’m just not sure of her overall form and maybe the Irish raider Midnight Soprano is a better bet as an alternative to the favourite. Selections: 3pts Estimate 5/2 Stan James 1pt Midnight Soprano 8/1 >Betfred Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/goodwood-betting-estimate-can-follow-up-for-the-queen-in-lillie-langtry-stakes-at-goodwood

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 2.15 Goodwood - 2pts win Grandeur @ 10/1 (Hills) William Buick has concerns about the draw here and obviously it isn't totally ideal in stall 16 but given the mayhem that can go on down the straight at Goodwood I wouldn't be overly worried should he race a bit wider than normally ideal. I think he has the form to go very close off top-weight, having won over this course and distance three starts back in late May. That was off a mark of 88 (11lbs lower than today) but he did it nicely in the end - travelling up on the outside and finding plenty for pressure to stride to a 2 1/4l success. The race has worked out fairly well, too, with the next few home not letting the form down in subsequent efforts. Obviously 11lbs higher than that and in a more competitive affair, he has to have improved, but he's still lightly-raced and ran a cracker at Epsom off 96 two starts back when finishing strongly despite an initial wide draw and edging down the camber. Was narrowly denied by Wrotham Heath (2lb swing now) but was ahead of that one when both were comfortably held at Royal Ascot last time out. I think it's worth mentioning that although in the formbook as 10f, there is some yards difference in trip at Epsom and Goodwood and the longer trip should help today in an attempt to reverse the form from the downs. At Ascot, Grandeur didn't get his ground as it was just on the soft side and anyway it was a decent Group 3 affair, out of which a few horses have come out and gone well since. He still travelled up nicely turning in, though, before just feeling the pinch and fading home in the end. The easiest test here and faster ground will help him a lot and he has both the tactical speed and ability to find off the bridle to make him an ideal fit for this course. The yard are going well as per usual and I'm optimistic here if he can get a half-decent position from his draw.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 3.45 Goodwood - 4pts win Hawaafez @ 7/2 (PP) Marcus Tregoning's filly has shown much improved form the last twice and now has a fine chance of opening her account in Group company. She's the 2nd highest in the ratings for all she has to give weight away to the 3yos, including the favourite. Estimate was doing all of her best work at the finish at Ascot and it's plausible this will be sharp enough. Hawaafez is also a resolute galloper but has success over shorter and this trip could well be perfect for her. She showed a solid level of form prior to running after a break in October but she has stamped her authority since - storming to a 7l victory in a handicap off 85 - before galloping her rivals into submission at Newbury in May over 1m5f. On that evidence this 1m6f will be more of a help than a hindrance and the race she won was plenty strong enough. It's difficult to assess where the best ground was as she raced solo up the far rail but she won by 4l and wasn't stopping come the line. The race worked out well with Nehaam and Ibicenco both running very well since. Has had a small break since which is of no concern given her two impressive performances the last twice have come first time up after an absence and there isn't too much to worry her in here I reckon. Still on the improve and the yard are going fine.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 4.55 Goodwood - 2pts win Jake's Destiny @ 10/1 (Bet365) Not the type of race I usually like to get involved in considering there are numerous in here with potentially progressive profiles but I am sweet on the chances of George Baker's runner, who is lightly raced, and has shown plenty of form in all starts to date. He's never been out of the frame and I'm hoping that will again be the case as he seems to be improving with every run. Having shown promise on debut when staying on over 6f at Wolverhampton, he comfortably got off the mark over the same c&d. Bumped into a horse rated 15lbs superior and only receiving 6lbs from it at Lingfield next time out, with that horse enjoying a soft lead as he loves, so it was no surprise to see him fail to turn him over. Still finished well to finish 2nd with Kieren Fallon allowing him to come home without being hit with the whip. That was his final run of 2011 as he was put away before going handicapping in 2012. He continued his improvement by chasing home the progressive Chil The Kite at Doncaster. That winner has won again well off 6lbs higher and also had the advantage of a recent run over my selection. The slight concern is that he took a little bit of time to find full stride so the drop to 7f isn't obviously a help. Judging on his pedigree the heavy ground he contested at Newmarket last time might not have been ideal, so to run as well as he did it a big encouragement. I think he'll be better on a sounder surface and he looked the likely winner for much of the contest. He travelled pretty well throughout and quickened with two others but just dropped to 3rd late on. He definitely does stay the mile but showed sufficient pace to suggest 7f won't be a problem now he's fully fit and the front three were clear at HQ. He's only 1lb higher for a neck defeat here so isn't handicapped out of things. Will probably need this to be a good test over this 7f trip, or at least be close to the pace and if either of those things come to fruition, I think I'm on a horse with plenty of hope.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 5.25 Goodwood - 2pts win Zamdy Man @ 12/1 (Bet365) If the ground wasn't as lively as it is I'd be going a point bigger on this as he really impressed me last time out and I just hope he doesn't get tapped for toe. If he doesn't then he should have a cracking chance. He was a big eyecatcher on debut over 1m2f at Sandown when losing his place down the back before staying on stoutly to finish 3rd behind a horse now rated 90 (won again since) who had race experience. It was a bit surprising to see him step back to a mile at Newmarket last time out given his debut but he knew his job better and managed to make the running. He was pressed a couple of furlongs out but soon repelled the solid yardstick (rated 75) and stormed away to a clear victory. He was going further and further away at the finish and was eased down late on to a 4l success. Merely looking at it, a mark of 84 may look high, but he's back up to 1m3f here today and that will be the most ideal trip faced yet. He won despite the trip last time out (testing ground helped) and he's bred to be every bit a staying type. He's a biggish horse which might make this track less than ideal, and the quicker ground is another question mark but if he's close enough he shouldn't be stopping at the finish. There's plenty of scope about him, especially now handicapping upped in trip. Both his sire and his dam's sire have better progeny records with horses over stamina-testing trips and he should run a big race.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 2.45 good on good ground ahern looks best with a speed rating of 90 closely followed by cay verde .....but unfortunately the bookies have sewn those 2 up at short prices ........there is a strange value horse in here in TOP BOY who is difficult to rate but looks to have run a 96 lto on heavy ground ......obviuosly conditions are much different and heavy ground form cannot be trusted sometimes but at 16/1 in an 8 horse race he looks worth a punt to see whether he can convert someor all of that to better ground .....that was a 100,000 race so certainly has class factor which raises hopes and chances are one of the first 3 betting will win this ....he rates a risky but value punt today with only 5lbs difference on postmark with fav at 2/1 top boy 5pts win 18.0 betfair 5pts place 4.1

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 4.45 good jakes destiny should make a bold bid to win this (87) but draw not fantastic and price around 8/1 looks decent but not the best value in race .......strring ballad could improve on his rating of (83) and looks dangerous ,camponolgy comes from top stable and ran a (90) lto so looks dangerous on paper but poor draw to overcome but 16.0 on betfair (almost twice jakes destiny) offsets that somewhat .best in horse is my sharona who computer has flagged as value bet .......rated 92 on the clock and draw 1 .....conditions ideal for big run and will not surprise me with good start if she tries to run these down ....13.5 on betfair looks by far best value in the race so a play for me my sharona 5pts win 13.5 betfair camponolgy 5pts win 15.5 betfair danger ....jakes destiny

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Goodwood 2.45pm Ahern looks too short for me and I feel there could be some value in both Fahey runners now back on better ground. Cay Verde would be my idea of the winner from the front of the betting at the prices but it's a dodgy race with so many open to improvement and only worth small stakes ew with 3 places being paid. http://www.punterslounge.com/goodwood-betting-fahey-s-outsiders-could-be-each-way-value-in-richmond-stakes

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Goodwood 3.15pm Saddler's Rock now gets 4lb from Colour Vision, a race probably run at a true pace and quicker ground. 3 reasons to suggest it will reverse Ascot form. Lost In The Moment is the one I am unsure of, overall form not good enough but ran well here last year. Full race preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/goodwood-betting-saddler-s-rock-can-reverse-gold-cup-form-with-colour-vision

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood 2.35 –

Sportingbet Avoiding Goodwood today! Uknowwhatyoushoulddo ran with plenty of promise on debut when 5th in a very decent looking maiden. The 4th and 6th have both run well yesterday at Goodwood (3rdand 4th respectively) finishing pretty close to impressive winner

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood

3.45 good tough going at goodwood ....blimey !! just scanning this race for some value .......good morning star is a bit of a conundrum as he can run some stinkers but also can a real champion on the clock but very erratic so not one to trust but ill take a punt at 25/1 that the champion turns up today .......also hazel lavery looks a decent price around 8/1 ......looks an improver with ratings 81 ,89 last 2 runs and with bit more could get seriously involved here .looks good value compared to fav so ill have a bash good morning star 5pts win 25/1 bet365 hazel lavery 5pts win 8/1 bet365
posted in wrong thread

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Tipster: georgeCOSTANZA Sport: Horse Racing Event: Ffos Las Match Ffos Las 6.10 Selection Blue Tiger Strength 4/10 Date 02/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price

Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning Ran well for 2nd last time out. Finished 2 lengths behind Jeremy Noseda's Nocturn over a 6f trip at Windsor. He faces only two rivals in this race and they are both fillies. The Pivotal gelding has the benefit of experience with his rivals having just raced once and the other making her debut.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Tipster: georgeCOSTANZA Sport: Horse Racing Event: Epsom Match Epsom 6.20 Selection Billyrayvalentine Strength 4/10 Date 02/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price [TD]Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning Finished last of 11 by 10 lengths last time out but that was his first run this year. He progressed well last yaer winning twice and placing twice more from six starts; 364112. I think he will be sharper today and it's good to pay attention whenever jockey David Kenny is riding for trainer George Baker. The partnership has yielded 11 wins from 46 rides together for a 24% strike rate. Kenny knows the track well having won 2 of 6 here. Event: Epsom Match Epsom 6.20 Selection Muhdiq (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 02/08/2012 [/TD] Bookmaker/Price

Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning Debut for Mike Murphy. Previously trained by B J Meehan plus owned and bred by Shadwell. He ran well over 7f at Ayr LTO leading the way after 1f until over 1f out. The drop to 6 will suit his style of running along with this track. Murphy has his yard in form having been placed with 5 of his last 7 runners; 2626232.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Event: Epsom Match Epsom 6.55 Selection Flow Strength 4/10 Date 02/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price

Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning Well related colt making his debut. Hold Group 1 entry (2013 Derby). He is trained by Sir Henry Cecil who has his runners going very well having won three at Group level the last three days. His maidens are in good shapre too the last 14 days finishing at 17322. This is his only 7f runner today. Over the last 14 days, his 7f runners finished 1311. Three of those four runners was in Maiden races and they finished 131.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood hort notice but didn't have time to look at evening cards: 5.50 Epsom - 2pts win Count Ceprano @ 14/1 (VC) Lydia Pearce's horse is one I've followed a bit and was on board when he won last, last summer, when coming with a confident run at Lingfield off just 1lb lower. Has a capable 7lb claimer on board and acts well downhill. Won this last year and relishes the midsummer months. Was in decent nick when last seen - staying on on the all-weather behind two horses who franked the form since. Capable of running to a better level on turf (hence higher mark) and the stable are going okay. Overpriced in here.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 2nd Aug - 3rd day of Goodwood Event: Ffos Las Match Ffos Las 7.15 Selection Ampleforth Strength 4/10 Date 02/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price

Bet365 @ 0.00 Reasoning Finished well at Sandown last time out when 2nd of 6 by 4 /12 lengths. He did not look keen when urged along from 5f out but responded well and chased the winner (Callisto Moon) over 1f out, stayed on but no chance. The same effort will work out well here plus this track is not as demanding at the finish compare to Sandown.