** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The worst tipsters

They say jockeys are the worst tipsters and yesterday it was confirmed to me yet again. On the Morning Line yesterday (Channel 4 ) Frankie Dettori appeared as a guest and on the Charity bet section where the presenters and guests put £100 for charity , everybody spread the £100 over 2 or 3 horses. Except for Frankie , he put the whole amount on the Newmarket 3.55 a 3 runner race. This would suggest Frankie fully expects it to win and has maximum confidence. Result ...............Bircham , L Dettori 1/4 fav beaten 7 lengths !!!!!!

Re: The worst tipsters

They say jockeys are the worst tipsters and yesterday it was confirmed to me yet again. On the Morning Line yesterday (Channel 4 ) Frankie Dettori appeared as a guest and on the Charity bet section where the presenters and guests put £100 for charity , everybody spread the £100 over 2 or 3 horses. Except for Frankie , he put the whole amount on the Newmarket 3.55 a 3 runner race. This would suggest Frankie fully expects it to win and has maximum confidence. Result ...............Bircham , L Dettori 1/4 fav beaten 7 lengths !!!!!!
The horse was obviously fancied to win. You would swear Frankie intentionally made the horse lose, and would begrudge a charity a few quid.

I not suggesting any foul play went on ' date=' just a light hearted statement. If jockeys can't pick winners what chance do we have ![/quote'] At the moment I've got about as much chance of picking one as i have of riding one...........:p

Re: The worst tipsters To be fair to Frankie. Whoever the tool was on Racing UK with Nick Luck was just as bad. Think he described the horses chances as 'like a penalty kick into an open goal' or something along those lines. Made my win on Hasapop even sweeter :rollin

Re: The worst tipsters I had a customer in my LBO sign upto a tipping service (now sure which) and his bets went from a couple of quid to £100 singles, 6 months later and £3000~ down he gave up. I think whoever he signed upto qualifies as one of the worst! I dont recall the guy having anything better than the odd place.

To be fair to Frankie. Whoever the tool was on Racing UK with Nick Luck was just as bad. Think he described the horses chances as 'like a penalty kick into an open goal' or something along those lines. Made my win on Hasapop even sweeter :rollin
James Willoughby I think.

Funny you should say that as I was reading Jamie Spencer's column in the paper yesterday and I don't think he tipped a winner either. Even worse than him is Mark Winstanley (The Couch), there's a fella living on a reputation of old, couldn't pick his nose. Even worse than the racing tipsters are the sports tipsters in the RP, especially on Saturdays for the Premier League. I see more winning tips on here through the season than from these "experts" getting paid by the RP. You also have Kevin "no opinion" Pullein with plenty of wise words but not many selections on the footy.

You also have Kevin "no opinion" Pullein with plenty of wise words but not many selections on the footy.
At last, someone who echoes my thoughts. I see plenty of people bigging up Pullein as if he was some kind of genius but, if he's gathered all this information and vast knowledge over the many years that he's been at it, you'd think he'd have the balls and the wherewithal to pick a winner every now and again. Waste of ink.

At last' date=' someone who echoes my thoughts. I see plenty of people bigging up Pullein as if he was some kind of genius but, if he's gathered all this information and vast knowledge over the many years that he's been at it, you'd think he'd have the balls and the wherewithal to pick a winner every now and again. Waste of ink.[/quote'] I bought a RP when it was the 1/4 finals weekend of Euro 2012. Pullein did a piece that was full of cliches and at the end of it had no selection. Apparently he got a lot of abuse on Twitter and left Twitter because of it. They big him up as some kind of footy guru but then he never makes any selections, it does my head in. I've found Cascarino to be one of the better footy tipsters on a weekend. I heard that fat bookie off BBC has a tipping line now and put up a 1-9 shot, brave man. :eyes