Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July

I will categorically say no Dutch team will be guilty of match fixing' date=' certainly not in a Europa league game! Not being naive, just wouldn't happen.[/quote'] HastGill1, about the "certainty" regarding the Dutch team, please, check who is the current owner of Vitesse. Check what his nationality is, check whether he was in prison, check what the charges against him were..."Impossible is nothing" as the slogan says.

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July Sorry, its bollocks. I don't care who the owner is, there is no way 18 fully grown men, who earn the amounts players from Vitesse do, would throw a match because their owner tells them to! Just wouldn't happen its stupid, I am 100% sure. If its two clubs from the Bulgarian second division then yeah who get paid in rice and potatoes, then I can understand how it does happen.. The only way an owner could influence a game like that would be bribing a ref and assistants, which I also don't think would happen but its a hell of a lot more likely than bribing a Dutch Eredivisie side! None of those goals had referee influence. Just because it finished 4-4 doesn't mean its fixed.

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July C'mon man, you must be smarter than that, who said '18 fully grown men' were involved? As if you don't know that in cases like that all you might need is just 1 or 2 of them. And how much does a Vitesse player earn if it's not a secret? And who said just because they don't play for 'rice and potatoes' they can't fix games? Following your logic most Seria A teams were getting payed in rice and potatoes and that's why they fixed so many games, right? And let me be clear, I am NOT saying this game was fixed, there were plenty of high-scoring games in both CL and EL, but denying something just because a Western European team from somewhat good championship is involved doesn't mean it can't happen, right?

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July

C'mon man, you must be smarter than that, who said '18 fully grown men' were involved? As if you don't know that in cases like that all you might need is just 1 or 2 of them. And how much does a Vitesse player earn if it's not a secret? And who said just because they don't play for 'rice and potatoes' they can't fix games? Following your logic most Seria A teams were getting payed in rice and potatoes and that's why they fixed so many games, right? And let me be clear, I am NOT saying this game was fixed, there were plenty of high-scoring games in both CL and EL, but denying something just because a Western European team from somewhat good championship is involved doesn't mean it can't happen, right?
Its an argument that could go on forever. Of course any players could be recruited to fix a game and you're right you don't need all the players, I just don't believe players from a Dutch club would do it. There is too much at stake. Perhaps I'm naive, but I'm not going to debate it any longer because its pointless, if you believe lots of games in all countries are fixed then fair enough. I don't know why so many Italians do it, seems to be something in their blood :lol

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July Don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect and I don't want to go into debating the issue either, because it is, indeed, pointless. All I wanted to say is that it's not merely Eastern European teams that do it, but can happen anywhere. I also doubt anybody will try to fix a game in any European cup game, especially broadcasted on the tv, but who knows...in any case, once again I didn't mean to offend you or argue with you, all the best with your bets :)

Re: Second qualifying round, 1st leg > 19 July Just to mention that at the moment the supporters of Lokomotiv Plovdiv are rioting against the owner of the team. Their main motto for the protest is "We want to watch football, not THEATER". It happened after Vitesse game, which was supposed to be a very decent result for Lokomotiv, which by the way, play in euro-tournaments once every ten years. The owner is about to leave the team under the pressure from fans, although he gave them the best season in terms of results for the last 8 years. So, it is obviously not just me - the loon, who believes there is something about Loko-Vitesse.