** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Boxing > 14-15 July

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Haye, D v Chisora, D (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 15 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Khan, A v Garcia, D (00:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mundine, A v McKart, B (02:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.18[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Big fight preview: 4pts D.Haye to beat D.Chisora by stoppage 13/8 Boylesports

Audley Harrison can testify how hard David Haye punches and I just don’t see Chisora having the boxing ability to trouble Haye here. Being a natural cruiserweight Haye has fast feet and with it he has speed and movement but he certainly doesn’t lack power. Adam Booth is a master of getting gameplans together and I expect him to have a gameplan for Haye which involves knocking Chisora out. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/haye-vs-chisora-betting--david-haye-can-have-too-much-speed-and-power-for-dereck-chisora-in-the-fight-of-the-year

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Even more likely to see points now,Haye v Chisora switched today to a 10 rounder.Haye supposedly demanded it,whether true or not but jst checked Frank Warren's website and he confirmed it wud now be just 10 rounds.Boxnation not too keen on broadcasting that info i'd imagine

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July It was mentioned on the countdown tonight. By all accounts it was going to be a 10 round fight before a title was involved then it was moved to 12 and now it is back to 10. Either way I'm happy with the Haye knockout because this fight will either be Haye by an early KO or Chisora on points and I'm happy enough that Chisora will go the same way Enzo did ie walk on to a hammer in the first couple of rounds.

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July I've long thought that both Haye and Khan have still got suspect chins and at some point will come unstuck and feel there could be value opposing them, probably to lose by KO/TKO rather than points to small stakes when they fight. Haye isn't convincing for me and really let himself down against Wlad. The Ruiz fight was against a washed up fighter and the Fraudley fight is something for the comedy channel. He ran away from Valuev for 12 rounds and is probably overrated. Chisora is probably not world level and has lost to Fury, don't really rate him and Hennessy just keep lining up bums for him to knock out. Chisora could bring the sort of game to trouble Haye if he's in his face and trying to rough him up. There's a chance Haye catches one on the chin and if he does it could be lights out. I think Haye will be too good for Chisora, could be different classes here, different levels as McGuigan likes to say but slight value could be with Chisora by KO. Another concern would be a possible DQ of Chisora, the guy looks mentally unstable at times and I could see him nutting or biting Haye and getting thrown out. Khan has improved loads under Freddie Roach but if we are totally honest the Maidana fight should have been stopped by the ref as Khan was all over the place like he'd just had 10 sambucas. He's fast and he's agile and he keeps improving but I can see him taking one on the chin at some point and if a boxer like Lamont Petersen can cause him some problems then I'd expect Garcia to do the same. 14 KO's from 23 fights and lots of UD's too, he can bang if he can find Khan in the first place. Slight hope rather than expectation but some possible value with the outsiders to win by KO. 1pt - Chisora to win by KO/TKO/DQ - 13-2 Boylesports 1pt - Garcia to win by KO/TKO/DQ - 10-1 SportingBet

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Haye v Chisora I see this as a tale of two fights, Haye will control the early rounds with Chisora the latter. I predict that Chisora will be the one pushing forward and Haye fighting off the back foot. Haye will be dangerous early but if Chisora can get through the first few rounds, I feel the fight will be his to lose - remember Haye has a previous defeat due to gassing, albeit this was years ago to Carl Thompson. However, Haye has only gone 12 rounds twice in the last few years (I know this is over 10 rounds tonight) and in both of these fights he was hardly made to fight for 12 hard rounds, Chisora will put him under pressure from the word go and make him work. Khan v Garcia As much as Id love to be writing saying Amir Khan will get KOd and we'll never hear of him again, sadly I dont see this being the case tonight. But business is business and I've seen nothing in Garcia to suggest he can beat Khan tonight. Recommended Bet Dutch Doubles on: Chisora to win Outright (7/2) and Amir Khan to win Outright (1/5) (both SKYbet) pays just under 9/2 and Haye rounds 1-5 (3/1) and Amir Khan to win Outright (1/5) (both Paddy Power) pays just under 4/1

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Khan fight preview: 5pts A.Khan to beat D.Garcia by stoppage 6/5 Paddy Power

I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Khan boxes his way to a wide decision win but Garcia’s father has wound Khan up and done so to the extent I think Khan will go looking for the knockout, and get it. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/khan-vs-garcia-betting--amir-khan-has-the-speed-and-the-power-to-stop-garcia-in-las-vegas

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July

Khan fight preview: 5pts A.Khan to beat D.Garcia by stoppage 6/5 Paddy Power

I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Khan boxes his way to a wide decision win but Garcia’s father has wound Khan up and done so to the extent I think Khan will go looking for the knockout, and get it. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/khan-vs-garcia-betting--amir-khan-has-the-speed-and-the-power-to-stop-garcia-in-las-vegas

If he wants to stand and trade he might take one too many and get KO'd. He'd be silly to do that when he has superior speed/hand speed, should use his advantages to beat Garcia. He is starting to come across as an arrogant prick and I'm going off him lately. He posted a picture up of him in what looked like a lap dancing club holding a wad of money. When other muslims complained to him he stated it wasn't real money and the woman in the background were doing gymnastics/acrobatics despite there clearly being poles in the background (the metal things, not the cheap labour). I'd quite like to see Garcia kick his arse and bring him down a few pegs.

If he wants to stand and trade he might take one too many and get KO'd. He'd be silly to do that when he has superior speed/hand speed' date=' should use his advantages to beat Garcia. He is starting to come across as an arrogant prick and I'm going off him lately. He posted a picture up of him in what looked like a lap dancing club holding a wad of money. When other muslims complained to him he stated it wasn't real money and the woman in the background were doing gymnastics/acrobatics despite there clearly being poles in the background (the metal things, not the cheap labour). I'd quite like to see Garcia kick his arse and bring him down a few pegs.[/quote'] If he does stand and trade I still don't think he'll get KO'd. Garcia's power at the top level needs to be proven and if Khan can take Maidana's best shots I'm comfortable he can take any Garcia lands. I think the fight will be just like Haye vs Chisora. One man a clear level above his opposition and his speed and power will tell. Khan stopped Judah in 5, not sure I'd give Garcia too many more rounds if I'm honest.

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Bit harsh Phil! :lol Pretty Boy does much more than that and I say fcuk it, if you've earned your money, go and enjoy it and be a bit flashy at times if you want to, they work hard enough as boxers to allow for that. Anyway, I just can't see Garcia winning this, he's not in the same league. He got lucky against Morales because the judges were all on heroin, and Morales schooled him bigtime. He'll struggle to hit Khan in my opinion, Khan's just too fast for this snail. Garcia has zero power from what I can see either, he's fought nobody and he's out of his league here. Khan KO @ 1.90 Betfair

Bit harsh Phil! :lol Pretty Boy does much more than that and I say fcuk it, if you've earned your money, go and enjoy it and be a bit flashy at times if you want to, they work hard enough as boxers to allow for that. Anyway, I just can't see Garcia winning this, he's not in the same league. He got lucky against Morales because the judges were all on heroin, and Morales schooled him bigtime. He'll struggle to hit Khan in my opinion, Khan's just too fast for this snail. Garcia has zero power from what I can see either, he's fought nobody and he's out of his league here. Khan KO @ 1.90 Betfair
It's the arrogance I can't stand. Hatton said he was worried as Khan was talking about himself as a superstar, goes in there overconfident and complacent. It wasn't so much the arrogance with the photo I mentioned but the complete bollocks he followed it with rather than admitting he'd been a tool and apologising to those he'd offended from his religion. I still say put David Haye in with a big puncher and see that outcome. If Khan shows some humility he'll come back wiser but as the pundits always say "you can't put muscles on chins". If Khan had been in and out Garcia wouldn't have got near him.

Bit harsh Phil! :lol Pretty Boy does much more than that and I say fcuk it, if you've earned your money, go and enjoy it and be a bit flashy at times if you want to, they work hard enough as boxers to allow for that. Anyway, I just can't see Garcia winning this, he's not in the same league. He got lucky against Morales because the judges were all on heroin, and Morales schooled him bigtime. He'll struggle to hit Khan in my opinion, Khan's just too fast for this snail. Garcia has zero power from what I can see either, he's fought nobody and he's out of his league here. Khan KO @ 1.90 Betfair
It's the arrogance I can't stand. Hatton said he was worried as Khan was talking about himself as a superstar, goes in there overconfident and complacent. It wasn't so much the arrogance with the photo I mentioned but the complete bollocks he followed it with rather than admitting he'd been a tool and apologising to those he'd offended from his religion. I still say put David Haye in with a big puncher and see that outcome. If Khan shows some humility he'll come back wiser but as the pundits always say "you can't put muscles on chins". If Khan had been in and out Garcia wouldn't have got near him.

Re: Boxing > 14-15 July Yup, great call on Garcia. :clap I think Khan made him look very ordinary for 2 1/2 rounds and had he kept to that, he'd have probably KO'd him as you can't keep taking that. Khan has no defence and no chin, but it wasn't so long ago that Wladimir had the same and now he's classed as unbeatable. Khan definitely isn't a superstar I agree, but should he box and box behind a good defence, he could well become one. I'll be backing very heavily on any decent Garcia opponent as I think he's very average, slow and predictable. God help him if Pretty Boy gets hold of him. :eek

Yup, great call on Garcia. :clap I think Khan made him look very ordinary for 2 1/2 rounds and had he kept to that, he'd have probably KO'd him as you can't keep taking that. Khan has no defence and no chin, but it wasn't so long ago that Wladimir had the same and now he's classed as unbeatable. Khan definitely isn't a superstar I agree, but should he box and box behind a good defence, he could well become one. I'll be backing very heavily on any decent Garcia opponent as I think he's very average, slow and predictable. God help him if Pretty Boy gets hold of him. :eek
Khan had all the tools to beat Garcia and cocked it up. He was much faster and it looked like he was going to school him with the way the fight started. With such a bad chin you have to keep it tucked in, keep your guard up and use your speed. He hung his chin out to dry and got caught with a big left hook and it was lights out. Ref could have and probably should have stopped it then, he gave him as much chance as he possibly could. There was only one outcome after that happened. He has become cocky and arrogant lately and was already looking past Garcia to a Mayweather fight. I used to think he was quite a down to earth and humble person, now I think he's a cock. He's surrounded himself with family and people that blow smoke up his arse, telling him how fantastic he is. Back to reality now and needs to rescue his career. Garcia was average but he can punch, he won't go far and you'd probably be right to oppose him. A boxer sticking to a plan and keeping concentration will beat him.
I backed Chisora by ko. Cracking fight and fairplay to Haye for going toe to toe but like Mowgli said he'll get ko'd by anyone half decent.
Big concern I have with Haye is his footing when he's trying to get out of the way, he is so square at times that if he catches even a glancing blow he'll be on the deck. Basic stance is to use your back foot for stability, as a platform to launch your punches but he was trying to get out of Chisora's way by ducking out and getting his legs all tangled. He's got explosive power and is exciting to watch because he can just as easily get KO'd or KO his opponent. Looks like the Vitali fight won't happen and wonder if he'd consider a fight against David Price. We still have to see if Price can take a punch, I hope so as he could unify the heavyweight division in the next 2-3 years if he's the real deal.