Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Thought I'd provide a bit more detail on Brentford for you, the earlier post wasn't too far of the mark, but as a Bees fan this should be a bit more detailed and incisive. Beware I did this last year and tipped us for the play offs but fell short. However, I think that was mainly to do with the signing of Donaldson who ultimately failed to deliver the goals his previous season at Crewe had promised. As for this season I am again cautiously optimistic, perhaps more so as Rosler has a years experience of League 1 now. To be fair to Donaldson he actually provided more assists than anyone in the league last year apart from Stephen Quinn of Sheff Utd. Brentford fans actually think he has got a 25 goal season in him, but his confidence took a hit last year and hence his form dipped. Hopefully the signing of Farid El Alagui will take the pressure off him. The Moroccan target man was highly sought after by several clubs north and south of the border and Uwe Rosler seems extremely pleased to have got him having been after the Scottish League 1 player of the season for some time. We’ve only seen a brief glimpse of him so far so can’t comment but the fact that he is so highly recommended, and Rosler a fellow forward actively pursued him bodes well. Starting at the back, in goal Richard Lee is first choice and performed consistently all season and had an incredible penalty saving record, literally astonishing, it was a shock when he let one in. Reassuringly Simon Moore proved an excellent back up when Lee was injured and some fans even think he should start. We have signed another goalkeeper as well from France, Antoine Gounet, who looks very good and says he is here to be no 1 so there is no worries in that department. Defence, we lost our best defender of recent years in Karleigh Osborne to Millwall, though in truth he didn’t play much last year as was unsettled so actually wouldn’t be as much of a blow as if he’d left in previous seasons. The signing of Tony Craig from Millwall has given us a bit of nastiness we need and coupled with the permanent signing of the classy Harlee Dean (who was outstanding on loan from Southampton last season) we have 2 centre backs who should dovetail nicely. We also have man mountain Leon Legge for those horrible games like Hartlepool away on a Tuesday night. Leon also causes havoc at corners which always gives you hope when you see him trotting up for one. Full back is a concern. We don’t have a left back! At all!! We had absolute quality last year in Jake Bidwell on loan from Everton and all summer there have been rumours as to whether he is coming back. Both other left backs Pim Balkestein (gone to AFC Wimbledon) and Craig Woodman (gone to Exeter) could have done a job but weren’t the greatest in the position so no great loss. We do actually need one though! We are still hopeful for Bidwell…. Also right back isn’t great, we resigned Shaleum Logan from Man City who was tremendous going forward but the fans consensus is he’s perhaps better as a right midfielder. King Kev, Kevin O Connor, been at the club since the late 1930’s (possible exaggeration) is back after a nasty injury but was never the number one right back, so on both flanks we are looking light in defence. Midfield. Literally an embarrassment of riches. Previous seasons we have lacked creativity, this season we could potentially be the most attractive team to watch as Rosler has signed a lot of players comfortable on the ball who can beat a man and split defences. However the player we are all excited about is one we had last season who we could tell was good but was palpably unfit. Rosler had a word with him at the end of the season telling him he could be something special, but only if he got fit. Rosler was therefore delighted when said player turned up for pre-season looking trimmer, weighing half a stone less and then proceded to finish 3rd in the beep test. Look out this season for Harry Forrester. We also have managed to re-sign the hugely promising Adam Forshaw from Everton who combined with the likes of Sam Saunders, Stuart Dallas and Jake Reeves all can get us goals. Jonathan Douglas will again be the metronome in midfield ticking things over and has all the experience you need. WE need a better season from Toumani ‘Dave’ Diagouraga as he faded somewhat last season but when on form is our Yaya Toure. Miles Weston who was excellent when he signed is slowly getting worse and this is make or break for him. Sorry if I’ve wittered on but you cant have too much information. I guess the conclusion in terms of betting is that I think we will be a team that scores goals. And concede plenty if we don’t sign any full backs! In terms of promotion, keep an eye out to see about signings in the full back position, and we need another 2 forwards for back up. If we sign Bidwell and at least one more excellent forward, I would put a big big bet on us to finish top 6, and a smaller one on automatic promotion. We’ve all also had a big boost from the news that we are finally moving from lovely but ramshackle Griffin Park in four years so hopefully the positive feelings around the club will rub off on the pitch. Come On you Bees….

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Excellent post, Wibs! It's funny how League One and League Two give you different perspectives. When we got Balkestein from Brentford on loan last season the general consensus was that his presence saved Wimbledon in L2! :) anyway, Wibs - who are your strikers now after G Alexander left for Crawley? I wouldn't expect Brentford to score plenty until you really have someone worthy upfront.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Dont get me wrong, Pim was absolute class when we initially signed him from Ipswich, but he got injured and lost his way after we signed him permanently. He definitely has potential but for us he wasn't doing it. I work with and AFC wimbledon fan who was beside himself with excitement when you signed himlast week so I am fully aware of how you guys view him! As for goals, like I say in Donaldson and this Moroccan chap potentially they could get a hatload, however we have very weak back up currently which is why we need another signing or two before lumping on. Remember though we have a lot of goalscoring midfielders now which helps. A lot of Alexanders goals for us were penalties. The one we all would dearly love, and would make me back us for the title immediately is Jeffrey Schlupp, the German Ghanaian we had on load season befroe last from Leicester. He would be absolutlelyperfect. There are continued rumours that something may still happen, and if you see we've got him, it will be time to bet like men.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Dean Holdsworth rejected managarial offer from Crawley and with less than a month to start the season they're finding themselves without a manager and with rather mediocre looking squad for this division. The 13/1 on them for relegation is looking more and more tempting...

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13

Dean Holdsworth rejected managarial offer from Crawley and with less than a month to start the season they're finding themselves without a manager and with rather mediocre looking squad for this division. The 13/1 on them for relegation is looking more and more tempting...
There are rumours circulating that Coppell is trying to get John Pemberton in as manager, I think he is incharge of Sheffield Utd's academy at the momment - good coach. He would have worked with Coppell at Palace in the early nineties and if they do hook up then it could be an interesting turn of events: Pemberton's coaching and youth development skills combined with Coppell's experience and bargain hunting abilities. We will have to wait and see but I wouldn't back Crawley for relegation until you know who their new manager is. I agree that it's really hampering their preperations for the start of the campaign but I don't think this situation will ultimately be ruinous come the end of the season.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 I see what you mean but I have been thinking about Crawley to get relegated ever since their promotion to League One! The reason is that I believe that they are a money inflated club and if you look at their rise to the Football League it has no romanticism usually associated with non-league clubs doing well in the FL. Prior to their promotion from the Conference they were your usual Conference midtable team (even with Steve Evans in charge) and before 2010-2011 season they suddenly got some mysterious, never named financial backers. Steve Evans was openly admitting that he didn't have a budget, he was just pointing who he wanted and he got the players. They had bought Conference best striker and player of the year Richard Brodie from York, Matt Tubbs from Salisbury, they had brought Sergio Torres from Peterborough and others who I can't remember. Overall before 2010-2011 season they had spent, as a Conference team, more than all League Two clubs put together! Before 2011-2012, they strengthened their side mainly with Barnett, and it's worth remembering that they had money from their FA Cup match against Manchester United at Old Trafford which they had lost by one goal. But it was somewhere around Christmas 2011 that their board were hinting that the Crawley miracle is about to finish. There were complaints about not enough new fans being attracted by the new Football League club, Tubbs and Barnett were sold and it was reflected by their results. They still got promoted but I think they're vastly overrated by the bookies due to their two excellent seasons. My point is that Crawley are not naturally a Football League club and I see them back in the Conference in 5 years time. Current problems with finding a manager and stabilisation only strengthen my argument but the whole idea of Crawley to get relegated is based on stronger foundations. Besides let's have a look at some teams relegated from L1 in the last 4 seasons: 2011-2012 - Wycombe and Chesterfield 2010-2011 - Dag&Red 2009-2010 - Gillingham and Wycombe 2008-2009 - Hereford All these teams had been newly promoted only to be relegated after one season in L1. It shows that if you don't adjust well, the gap is big and if I look at teams promoted last season - Swindon, Shrewsbury, Crewe and Crawley - I think Crawley would be the likely candidates not to find it easy in League One. But of course I will wait to see who their new manager is.

But of course I will wait to see who their new manager is.
That's all I ask maliniok, that's all I ask. Good luck if you do decide to back them for the drop, they're not my favourite club in the world. Sir Steve is wasted there.:sad

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 By the way - any value in backing John Pemberton to be next Crawley manager @ 2.38 with Sky? I really hadn't heard about the guy before yesterday but is he someone who would take on the role of the first team manager?

By the way - any value in backing John Pemberton to be next Crawley manager @ 2.38 with Sky? I really hadn't heard about the guy before yesterday but is he someone who would take on the role of the first team manager?
I never bet on next manager markets, I think they're a total crock, how do you quantify the value anyway? Pemberton @ 2.38 for example, I really have no idea whether it's value or not because there's so little info to go on with these things. As far as I'm concerned it's just a rumour, an interesting one and one that would make sense but I have no idea whether it would turn into reality, or what the likelyhood of that would be. I'm sorry I can't give you any more info, my advice would be to avoid betting on it mate. Nearly forgot, yes he would be the 1st team coach/manager with Coppell already in the director of football role.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Shrewsbury Town have lost five very important players from last season: Top scorer James Collins (22 goals) left for Swindon, main midfield man Nicky Wroe is now at Preston while two central defenders - captain Ian Sharps and Shane Cansdell-Sherriff left for Rotherham and Preston respectively. Moreover, the goalkeeper, Chris Neal, left to Port Vale after failing to agree terms of the new deal. Besides, the manager Graham Turner has released four further players: Midfielders Lionel Ainsworth (Rotherham), Sean McAllister, defender Carl Regan and goalkeeper Ben Smith. Looking at their new signings it appears as if the back line has been well replaced (subject to team gelling together) however I am afraid that Shrewsbury may be a bit lightweght upfront - they will probably have to rely on their second best goalscorer - Marvin Morgan. Here is Shrewsbury's full list of summer signings: 1. Oxford's midfielder Asa Hall - 25 years old, ex-Birmingham, Luton Town has been on loan at Shrewsbury 4 years ago. Played in 82 matches and scored 11 goals for Us in the last two seasons. 2. Cardiff City midfielder Aaron Wildig - signed by Turner following his release by Cardiff - played for Shrewsbury on loan last season. 3. Aldershot Town's defender Darren James - former Shots captain and Player of the Year for last season. 4. Wales Under-21 striker Ryan Doble. He had loan spells last term at Bournemouth and Bury, but was released by promoted Premier League new boys Southampton at the end of the season. 5. Midfielder Luke Summerfield from Cheltenham. 6. Midfielder and utility man Rob Purdie from Hereford. He was managed by Turner before at Hereford. 7. Goalkeeper Chris Weale from Leicester City. Spent last three seasons with the Foxes and had been first choice keeper before the arrival of Kasper Schmeichel. 8. Goalkeeper Joe Anyon from Lincoln - Imps' Player of the Year last season. 9. Midfielder Paul Parry from Preston - he was rated by Westley but turned down new deal at PNE to join Shrewsbury. He played for Turner when he started his career at Hereford. 10. Central defender Michael Hector on loan from Reading. The 20 year old is yet to make his debut for the Premier League newcomers but he made 31 appearances on loan at Barnet last season.

Shrewsbury Town have lost five very important players from last season: Top scorer James Collins (22 goals) left for Swindon, main midfield man Nicky Wroe is now at Preston while two central defenders - captain Ian Sharps and Shane Cansdell-Sherriff left for Rotherham and Preston respectively. Moreover, the goalkeeper, Chris Neal, left to Port Vale after failing to agree terms of the new deal. Besides, the manager Graham Turner has released four further players: Midfielders Lionel Ainsworth (Rotherham), Sean McAllister, defender Carl Regan and goalkeeper Ben Smith. Looking at their new signings it appears as if the back line has been well replaced (subject to team gelling together) however I am afraid that Shrewsbury may be a bit lightweght upfront - they will probably have to rely on their second best goalscorer - Marvin Morgan. Here is Shrewsbury's full list of summer signings: 1. Oxford's midfielder Asa Hall - 25 years old, ex-Birmingham, Luton Town has been on loan at Shrewsbury 4 years ago. Played in 82 matches and scored 11 goals for Us in the last two seasons. 2. Cardiff City midfielder Aaron Wildig - signed by Turner following his release by Cardiff - played for Shrewsbury on loan last season. 3. Aldershot Town's defender Darren James - former Shots captain and Player of the Year for last season. 4. Wales Under-21 striker Ryan Doble. He had loan spells last term at Bournemouth and Bury, but was released by promoted Premier League new boys Southampton at the end of the season. 5. Midfielder Luke Summerfield from Cheltenham. 6. Midfielder and utility man Rob Purdie from Hereford. He was managed by Turner before at Hereford. 7. Goalkeeper Chris Weale from Leicester City. Spent last three seasons with the Foxes and had been first choice keeper before the arrival of Kasper Schmeichel. 8. Goalkeeper Joe Anyon from Lincoln - Imps' Player of the Year last season. 9. Midfielder Paul Parry from Preston - he was rated by Westley but turned down new deal at PNE to join Shrewsbury. He played for Turner when he started his career at Hereford. 10. Central defender Michael Hector on loan from Reading. The 20 year old is yet to make his debut for the Premier League newcomers but he made 31 appearances on loan at Barnet last season.
went to the friendly last night and was very impressed with shrews here. marvin morgan... looks a beast! i said to my friend i wouldnt mind having someone like him... then i googled him! maybe not... but looked very god nonetheless. they pass the ball very well and dominated (albeit a friendly) wolves in the first half, were they not unbeaten at home last season? not surprising

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 Wolvesfan - did your team play a strong side? I was positively surprised to see Shrewsbury had a 2-0 lead at halftime but they gave it away in the second. And on another matter Kanu's gone from Pompey, looks like they will survive and my Bournemouth to win DNB bet will be on!

Wolvesfan - did your team play a strong side? I was positively surprised to see Shrewsbury had a 2-0 lead at halftime but they gave it away in the second. And on another matter Kanu's gone from Pompey' date=' looks like they will survive and my Bournemouth to win DNB bet will be on![/quote'] We're not out of the woods yet.... Dave kitson, tal Ben haim and Liam Lawrence still remain among the big earners that we need to get off the books before the 10th August. It's getting to a point now where we don't even want a fee for any of them. It's being reported that we're in discussions with dave kitson to tear up the last twelve months of his contract. Id expect us to get rid of the three by the 10th somehow. Whether that is enough, and/or leaves enough of a timeframe to get the sale of the club pushed through, and finances flowing again remains to be seen. If you had Bournemouth draw no bet already you probably have a steal as we can't sign any players, and we probably won't be able to sign any players until the last week of pre season. I doubt whether many bookies will be taking odds on this game come KO.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 I've just read this article on BBC that Aplleton wants to meet with prospective owners to get green light to sign players before the deal is done! Sounds desperate but I can't blame the guy. Jase do you have any idea what players Appleton has got lined up? How do you rate him as a manager anyway?

I've just read this article on BBC that Aplleton wants to meet with prospective owners to get green light to sign players before the deal is done! Sounds desperate but I can't blame the guy. Jase do you have any idea what players Appleton has got lined up? How do you rate him as a manager anyway?
There are a few guys Appleton wants to buy. Best players are McLeod who scored 18 goals for Barnet in the past season and winger Djilali. Yesterday they were having a friendly against Aldershot which they won 1-0 thanks to a goal by Izzy McLeod. That's the squad they were using yesterday: Morris, Webster, Sallaj, Ben Haim, Harley, Djilali, Lawrence, Howard, Harris, McLeod, Rodgers Subs: Compton, Magri, Thomson, Butler, Wallace, Walker, Thompson They still need to sell the other remaining senior players Lawrence and Ben-Haim to reduce their wage bill. Kitson's departure is almost done. The underlined players are all trialists. As far as I know, Pompey is unable to sign any players until the 10th of August. On that date it will be decided whether Pompey stays alive or will be liquidated.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 They do sound like decent players and if Pompey manage to get them it will be a question of how they adjust in L1. McLeod was obviously L2 top scorer (or among the top scorers) and playing for relegation threatened Barnet it is some achievement. Djilali was at Wimbledon and spent a few months injured but showed lots of promise when played. A pacy winger who is not afraid of the ball and can cross well. There were concerns about his attitude - he once played at a minot London Senior Cup game and apparently got a strop and started mouthing off at our manager, Terry Brown. That's what ended his career at Wimbledon.

Tbh a lot of the players we're being linked with and taking on trial sound like either journeymen or lower league players really. Which you would expect given the salary cap that our administrators have implemented. However I think we are going to lose out on our main targets because of our situation. Already a couple have ended their trials early to go elsewhere, and I feel the better players will have agreed deals well before we are in a position to offer anything. The days of us offering decent deals, even at this level are well gone, so that means the type of player we can attract will purely be of the kind to consolidate our position in league one this year.

Wolvesfan - did your team play a strong side? I was positively surprised to see Shrewsbury had a 2-0 lead at halftime but they gave it away in the second. And on another matter Kanu's gone from Pompey' date=' looks like they will survive and my Bournemouth to win DNB bet will be on![/quote'] we played 2 different teams each half and the only first team players that played no part were hennessey (1st choice gk) kightly, jarvis and fletcher (through injuries) we had our "big summer signing" in the first half (2.5mill striker) and every first teamer got 45 mins, i wouldnt say 2nd half team were stronger than the first just shrews got a bit tired and began to introduce their own reserves (who are obviously poor) but there first team played very well

Thought I'd provide a bit more detail on Brentford for you, the earlier post wasn't too far of the mark, but as a Bees fan this should be a bit more detailed and incisive. Beware I did this last year and tipped us for the play offs but fell short. However, I think that was mainly to do with the signing of Donaldson who ultimately failed to deliver the goals his previous season at Crewe had promised. As for this season I am again cautiously optimistic, perhaps more so as Rosler has a years experience of League 1 now. To be fair to Donaldson he actually provided more assists than anyone in the league last year apart from Stephen Quinn of Sheff Utd. Brentford fans actually think he has got a 25 goal season in him, but his confidence took a hit last year and hence his form dipped. Hopefully the signing of Farid El Alagui will take the pressure off him. The Moroccan target man was highly sought after by several clubs north and south of the border and Uwe Rosler seems extremely pleased to have got him having been after the Scottish League 1 player of the season for some time. We’ve only seen a brief glimpse of him so far so can’t comment but the fact that he is so highly recommended, and Rosler a fellow forward actively pursued him bodes well. Starting at the back, in goal Richard Lee is first choice and performed consistently all season and had an incredible penalty saving record, literally astonishing, it was a shock when he let one in. Reassuringly Simon Moore proved an excellent back up when Lee was injured and some fans even think he should start. We have signed another goalkeeper as well from France, Antoine Gounet, who looks very good and says he is here to be no 1 so there is no worries in that department. Defence, we lost our best defender of recent years in Karleigh Osborne to Millwall, though in truth he didn’t play much last year as was unsettled so actually wouldn’t be as much of a blow as if he’d left in previous seasons. The signing of Tony Craig from Millwall has given us a bit of nastiness we need and coupled with the permanent signing of the classy Harlee Dean (who was outstanding on loan from Southampton last season) we have 2 centre backs who should dovetail nicely. We also have man mountain Leon Legge for those horrible games like Hartlepool away on a Tuesday night. Leon also causes havoc at corners which always gives you hope when you see him trotting up for one. Full back is a concern. We don’t have a left back! At all!! We had absolute quality last year in Jake Bidwell on loan from Everton and all summer there have been rumours as to whether he is coming back. Both other left backs Pim Balkestein (gone to AFC Wimbledon) and Craig Woodman (gone to Exeter) could have done a job but weren’t the greatest in the position so no great loss. We do actually need one though! We are still hopeful for Bidwell…. Also right back isn’t great, we resigned Shaleum Logan from Man City who was tremendous going forward but the fans consensus is he’s perhaps better as a right midfielder. King Kev, Kevin O Connor, been at the club since the late 1930’s (possible exaggeration) is back after a nasty injury but was never the number one right back, so on both flanks we are looking light in defence. Midfield. Literally an embarrassment of riches. Previous seasons we have lacked creativity, this season we could potentially be the most attractive team to watch as Rosler has signed a lot of players comfortable on the ball who can beat a man and split defences. However the player we are all excited about is one we had last season who we could tell was good but was palpably unfit. Rosler had a word with him at the end of the season telling him he could be something special, but only if he got fit. Rosler was therefore delighted when said player turned up for pre-season looking trimmer, weighing half a stone less and then proceded to finish 3rd in the beep test. Look out this season for Harry Forrester. We also have managed to re-sign the hugely promising Adam Forshaw from Everton who combined with the likes of Sam Saunders, Stuart Dallas and Jake Reeves all can get us goals. Jonathan Douglas will again be the metronome in midfield ticking things over and has all the experience you need. WE need a better season from Toumani ‘Dave’ Diagouraga as he faded somewhat last season but when on form is our Yaya Toure. Miles Weston who was excellent when he signed is slowly getting worse and this is make or break for him. Sorry if I’ve wittered on but you cant have too much information. I guess the conclusion in terms of betting is that I think we will be a team that scores goals. And concede plenty if we don’t sign any full backs! In terms of promotion, keep an eye out to see about signings in the full back position, and we need another 2 forwards for back up. If we sign Bidwell and at least one more excellent forward, I would put a big big bet on us to finish top 6, and a smaller one on automatic promotion. We’ve all also had a big boost from the news that we are finally moving from lovely but ramshackle Griffin Park in four years so hopefully the positive feelings around the club will rub off on the pitch. Come On you Bees….
Thought Id give you an update on the mighty Bees. we still havent got a left back!! Bidwell has played in a few friendlies for Everton , but Rossler is definitley still working on it. Have a guy from Brighton called Redwood who has been filling in. He;s OK but no Bidwell. We still havent signed a 3rd striker!! Though we are being strongly linked with Paul Hayes of Charlton who I think would be a quality signing. We played pre-season match at Wycombe on Tuessday and we tore them apart. Forrester ran the show. we won 4-1 it could literally have been ten. quie a few fans brought mates who support Chelsea Arsenal Tottenahm etc and they ALL said how impressed they were. Was it a one off, were Wycombe just awful? We shall see. New signing and hopefully goal machine Farid El Alagui has impressed Bees fans in the matches he has featured in, looks very lively and is scoring regularly. Interestingly his partnership with Donaldson is looking very good and they have already built up quite an understanding. Excitingly Donaldson has started to find the net a few times as well. We are now hoping that the signing of El Alagui is going to make Donaldson become the player we thought we'd bought last summer. What has surprised us most in pre-season is Myles Weston who has repeatedly put in some excellent performances , and on occasion terrorising the opposition defences. It's as though he senses the club is moving on and despite previously being the big star he is in danger of being left behind. We'd written Myles off as some one who failed to deliver on his early promise . but maybe we are going to see the best of him after all. I still don't see us challenging for the top two but they way we are playing AND if we sign a left back (we had Gregory Vignal on trial on Tuesday but despite starting well he tore a hamstring 35 minutes in) top six looks definitely realistic.

Ben haim has left Pompey. That leaves Liam Lawrence as our last remaining player.
Rumours keep resurfacing down this way that mackay wants to make his loan deal at Cardiff from last year a permanent one. Difficult to really know at this stage though as mackay won't give anything away about players contracted to other clubs...

Rumours keep resurfacing down this way that mackay wants to make his loan deal at Cardiff from last year a permanent one. Difficult to really know at this stage though as mackay won't give anything away about players contracted to other clubs...
Well Lawrence has left Pompey as of today, so Cardiff could potentially have a very good free transfer on their hands.

Jase' date=' any idea what sort of players you will play on Tuesday and Saturday?[/quote'] It is very much a waiting game.... There is now an issue with our administrator fees. Belram chanrai wants them to waive a large portion of their fees, so until that gets sorted we are at another stumbling block. It will be the development squad that takes to the field Tomorrow if we haven't signed anyone by then.

Re: Antepost > League 1 > 2012-13 2pts ew Swindon Town to win League 1 9/1 BetVictor (1/4 1,2,3) They have spent a fair bit of money under Paolo di Canio and it has already worked as the Italian has got them back into League One at the first time of asking. Di Canio is very strong minded in where he wants to go and what he expects of his players so I expect no let up from them just because they are in a higher league this season. In Gary Roberts, James Collins and Andy Williams they have added more bodies to an already strong attack and with a couple of defensive additions too and the potential for more signings to come in January if needed, Swindon could just be the team to beat in League One this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/league-1-betting-swindon-look-a-good-bet-to-win-back-to-back-titles-under-paolo-di-canio