Friends Life T20 2012

kevshat

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Looks like a full house tonight excluding Tredwell who didn't play in the end so that bet was just voided. Was just the kind of night I needed to kick start the tournament really and +17.10 tonight takes me to +15.77 overall for the tournament. Top shouts by Kev as well. :clap:clap Although I really didn't think that just the single six was going to be enough for Kent but Gareth Batty was the closest to troubling that. :rollin Big few days coming up in the tournament for a few sides and for the outrights. In an ideal world, Lancashire will qualify to keep Kev's outright going as well as the Moore and Croft outrights as well. Croft is top at the minute by a little way but if Lancashire don't make it to the quarters, he could well miss out on the places altogether. They will definitely have to beat Durham on Sunday if not Yorkshire as well tomorrow on TV but the forecast looks absolutely rotten so doubtful there will be any play there tbh. On a more positive note, Sussex look good to top the group and qualify with Luke Wright going well but providing the weather stays decent, should be a cracking few days coming up.:ok

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 6 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Durham (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Northamptonshire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Somerset (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Middlesex (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Nottinghamshire (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Sussex (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kent v Essex (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Gloucestershire (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Yorkshire (19:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Yeah the fears are confirmed. Lancashire match is off which is annoying really but they will still have a chance to progress if they beat Durham on Sunday and results go their way. Few other matches off as well so I'm not going to bother getting involved tonight. Hopefully Sussex can secure top spot in their group down in Southampton so I'll just keep my eye on that and wait until Sunday.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012

Thanks very much Kevin.Really class shout on Kent' date='I would have went for Surrey this morning with the like of Pietersen and Nannes but your tip swayed me.Keep up the good work[/quote'] :ok. Another good night all round last night. +13.5pts for me personally which has put me +28.48pts for the competition overall. Just the one for me tonight. Hopefully Kent can beat Essex to give them a real chance of progressing into the quarter finals. Only focusing on the South Group as the North and Midlands is washed out. 4pts Middlesex to beat Surrey 11/10 Sportingbet Can't really elaborate too much on what I said about Surrey last night because everything I said last night still stands tonight. The only difference is that their batting 'efforts' seem to be getting even worse and their biggest problem tonight is Middlesex's bowling attack on paper looks a lot better than Kent's with the likes of Toby Roland-Jones, Tim Murtagh and Ollie Rayner around. One advantage Surrey will have tonight is this match is being played on the same wicket as last night which we saw was very dry and starting to turn a lot by the end but this isn't about Surrey's bowlers. This is about their batting and how ridiculously short the batting line up is. We saw that again last night. All too often they are 4 down quickly and they don't even have 4 batsmen let alone can cope with being 4 down. Middlesex aren't the greatest team in the world but they have a wildcard in the form of Paul Stirling who can take any bowling attack apart and he is back for this match. Gary Wilson is too for Surrey but I don't see him having much of an impact on this Surrey side who even with him in are at least 2 out and out batsmen light. With Middlesex's attack strong and a competent enough batting line up I'll take the Panthers in this London derby.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Middlesex just about came through for you there mate. Was listening to the final over on the radio and thought they'd mucked it up but never in doubt. ;) Anyway going into the final day of the group stages, I'll do a quick summary of the ifs and buts and possible scenarios that could happen tomorrow as it's a little confusing with the 2 best third places and everything. My own cricket match has been called off today so got a bit of time to spare and just wanted some cricket involvement. :lol As it stands ahead of Sunday, Sussex have topped the South Group after the rain forced the game to be cut short yesterday down at Southampton and that point also means Hampshire have qualified as well. Now whether they will finish the group in second or third depends on the result against Essex tomorrow. From what I can see, the rain should hold off to allow a result there and if Hampshire win, they will definitely secure second spot. Now if Essex win, they will definitely join Sussex and Hampshire in the last 8 and if they win comfortably enough, they could actually finish second above Hampshire but that will depend on the result and the final Net Run Rate of both sides. Essex have to get at least a point there really otherwise it gives either Durham or Lancashire the opportunity to go through. Now the North Group. Well Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire have both qualified but it's not yet known who will top the group there. Both teams will feel they should probably win their final group matches against Derbyshire and Leicestershire respectively. The weather is of course crucial come tomorrow, and particularly in the North Group given the dreadful weather that was up there yesterday which meant all of the games were called off. The weather looks to be okay up at Leeds so the Yorkshire-Derbyshire match shouldn't be affected much and the game at Nottingham should be okay as well I think. So as far as the top 2 are concerned tomorrow, if Yorkshire win they will progress as group winners but if they were to lose and Nottinghamshire win, Notts will top the group given their far superior run rate. Of course teams want to top the groups to secure a home draw in the quarter finals. Now the Durham-Lancashire game is arguably the game of the day. Have to state that the forecast really isn't particularly great but both sides will want to play tomorrow as if they take a point each, likelihood is that both sides will fail to qualify. Now if there is a result, the losers are definitely out of contention, whilst the victor will have a chance of progressing IF Hampshire beat Essex. If Essex win or even get a point then the result of Durham-Lancashire is irrelevant as they won't have enough points to be one of the best third placed teams. But should Essex lose, then one of Durham and Lancashire should make it into the last 8. The Midlands/Wales/West Group is the tightest of the lot in that any 4 teams from the group can qualify, and any of those same 4 could fail to qualify tomorrow given the way the fixtures lie. As it stands at the minute, Worcestershire, Somerset and Warwickshire are sitting on 11 points, with Gloucestershire on 10. Now the games tomorrow are: Worcestershire-Somerset, Warwickshire-Glamorgan and Northamptonshire-Gloucestershire. Weather wise, the forecast doesn't appear to be that great and I expect all 3 matches to be interrupted at some point but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a result in all 3 matches. Now the first thing to point out is that 3 teams from this group will definitely qualify given the amount of points each side will be on after tomorrow's round of fixtures. What's so fascinating about this group is that any of the top 4 can still go through as group winners. You would have to think if Worcestershire beat Somerset, they will top the group, but if Somerset win that match they will most likely top the group and depending on other results, the losing side could fail to qualify and finish fourth. Warwickshire also have the chance to top the group if they win but they would need a decent swing in the run rates to do that and it's highly unlikely. Now despite Gloucestershire currently sitting in fourth, a point behind the top 3, a win over Northants should see them through providing there is a result in the Worcestershire-Somerset match as if there is, one side will definitely finish on 11 points and a win for Gloucestershire would see them end up on 12 points. The other possible scenario is that if Gloucestershire lose to Northants, the top 3 will all qualify and will battle it out for top spot. The fate of each side is pretty much in their own hands though and it comes down to a win will put you through whilst a loss puts you in serious trouble. So that's pretty much it. Simple really. :lol I'll just do a quick summary as well of what teams need to do to progress tomorrow... Teams that have already qualified Sussex (Top South Group) Hamshire (2nd/3rd South Group) Yorkshire (Top/2nd South Group) Nottinghamshire (Top/2nd South Group) Possible scenarios IF Essex beat Hampshire, they will qualify for the quarter finals and most likely finish in 3rd, knocking Durham and Lancashire out. IF Essex lose to Hampshire, the winner of the match between Durham-Lancashire will progress as one of the best third placed teams. IF Worcestershire beat Somerset, they will qualify and win the Midlands/Wales/West Group. IF Warwickshire and Gloucestershire win as well Somerset will fail to qualify. IF Somerset beat Worcestershire, they will qualify and most likely top the table. IF Warwickshire and Gloucestershire win as well Worcestershire will fail to qualify. IF Warwickshire beat Glamorgan, they will also qualify. IF Glamorgan win however, and Gloucestershire also win then Warwickshire could fail to qualify. IF Gloucestershire beat Northamptonshire they will qualify providing there is a result in the Worcestershire-Somerset match. IF Northants beat Gloucestershire then Worcestershire, Somerset and Warwickshire will all qualify and Gloucestershire won't. Wasn't actually that quick in the end. :zzz

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 8 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Lancashire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Essex (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Kent (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Gloucestershire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Leicestershire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Surrey (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Glamorgan (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Somerset (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yorkshire v Derbyshire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Sunday's TV match preview: 4pts Hampshire to beat Essex 4/5 Coral

Hampshire have the better form of these two coming into the match and having won the reverse fixture they will know what it takes to beat Essex. Hampshire will want a home quarter final to boost the coffers and with the likes of Mascarenhas, Maxwell, Ervine and Briggs all good players in this format they have the quality to get the job done. Essex lack a genuine batsman to me and their bowling attack is all too similar to each other. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-essex-betting--essex-s-inconsistent-t20-campaign-can-come-to-an-end-with-defeat-at-hampshire

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Bit like the tennis really, happy to sit back and just watch the cricket today in what should be a thrilling and tense day. That means after the group stages, I'll take +22.77 into the quarters after Sussex topped the group.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 I am being slightly boring here and taking Warwickshire to win. They know that they need to win to get into the 1/4 finals. Home support will help and feel they have the batters to chase down or set a good target. 1.50 with Ladbrokes 10 point bet.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Having a ridiculously busy day so apologies for short notice. Tosses soon so no huge write ups. Taking 5. 4pts Hampshire vs Essex - Over 31.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill Ignoring the Surrey game which was a complete freak this line would have been covered in the other 3 matches but for the rain coming against Sussex. There was only 17 overs of that game but already 27 boundaries. Ropes are in, both sides bat deep so I expect runs and boundaries to flow. 1pt ew J.Foster Top Essex Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1-3) As when I backed Foster before he's the in form man and plays spin well which you have to do against this Hampshire side. Was 3rd in the reverse fixture and I see no reason why he can't at least emulate that here if not top score yet again. 4pts Middlesex to beat Kent Evs Stan James Paul Stirling plays for Middlesex this afternoon and after their win over Surrey on Friday night and having pushed Essex close the night before I think they can take advantage of a good Uxbridge batting wicket to win this. They have the better bowling attack which on a good deck is what is needed so it is Middlesex for me here. 3pts Welsh Dragons to beat Warwickshire 13/8 Skybet Welsh Dragons been so unlucky with the weather but they had Warwickshire for breakfast in the first game between the two. If Woakes isn't available the Bears lack something in the bowling and all tournament they've been a batsman light if not two. Bears need to win to progress so they will be under pressure whereas the Welshies can just go out and let it all go knowing they are already out. I'll take the freer side here. 3pts Northants to beat Gloucestershire 6/4 BetVictor Same reasons as Welsh Dragons really. Gloucestershire have to win to go through and that's not a position they've experienced recently. Northants beat the Welsh Dragons last week to give them a little bit of confidence and with a new coach in place they players might play with a bit more freedom and show all their potential. If they do that they could well end Gloucestershire's hopes. It's only natural Gloucestershire will be a bit nervous so at 6/4 the hosts look a fair bet to me.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Small loss for me on the day with the rain and DL at Northampton turning that match into a complete farce. Sadly the rain scuppered Glamorgan and Lancashire's chances badly while Kent being on the wrong side of that scoring farce at Essex meant they didn't go through either so I've got no outrights going into the knockout stage. -2.37pts loss for Sunday's matches and -16pts for the outrights means I'm back to +14.51 overall when the tournament resumes in a couple of weeks. Quarter final draw was made earlier and the draw is: Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire Somerset vs Essex Sussex vs Gloucestershire Yorkshire vs Worcestershire Those matches will be played on the 24/25 July so I'll unstick this thread until then as the rest of the domestic stuff continues this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Unstuck the thread as I need to put my bets up pretty early as I'm away tonight on cricket tour so hopefully this weather continues. :hope As it is at the minute, I'm currently on +22.77 with Sussex into the quarters as well. Not entirely sure if I'll have time to take anything tomorrow unless I have a quick look later on but I am getting involved today in the first 2 matches. Weather is an absolute dream so expecting a few runs in truth today. Will do them in order of when they are played with the Somerset-Essex match first. Somerset Over 14.5 4's- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Essex Over 12.5 4's- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Same bet for me for both sides here and I'd expect both teams to cover the line pretty comfortably. The only slight doubt there may be over these lines is if both sides hit plenty of 6's which will lower the 4's count but even if they clear the rope plenty of times, with the weather the way it is, the batsman should have an absolute field day today. When we look at the batsman on show for both sides, it's really hard to conceive that we won't see a ton of runs scored on what is usually a road down at Taunton. Essex have their England players back for this one with Alistair Cook and Ravi Bopara expected to play whilst James Foster returns as well and when you fit them into a batting lineup that includes the likes of James Franklin, Ryan ten Doeschate, Graham Napier, Mark Pettini and Owais Shah if he plays, you have plenty of quality batsman who can find the boundary so they should be able to muster at least 13 4's. Somerset have a ridiculous batting team as well with Trescothick and Morkel available to play today, which when added to Levi, Kieswetter, Buttler and Hildreth is a pretty daunting prospect to bowl at. You'd expect them to hit a fair few 6's but I do fancy them to hit plenty of 4's as well and with decent odds available for both sides, I'm happy to back them to both cover the line. Sussex (-3.5 wickets/20.5 runs) to beat Gloucestershire- 17/20 Sportingbet- (4/10) Sussex (Most 6's) vs Gloucestershire- 4/5 BetVictor- (5/10) Sussex Over 4.5 6's- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) I know I'm already on Sussex but in all honesty this was the perfect draw for them and it's really hard to see past them winning comfortably. Already in T20 this season, they have comfortably beaten the likes of Kent, Essex and Middlesex down at Hove and all 3 of those sides are far better in terms of quality than Gloucestershire really. With Matt Prior returning to the side, the top 3 of Nash, Wright and Prior have been hammering any bowling attack they've faced and were scoring at near enough 10 an over in every match in the latter stages of the group stage. Now that's a huge worry for Gloucestershire as excluding Murali, their bowling attack is one of the weakest in the county game really and although they've done pretty well this year bowling wise considering what they've got at their disposal, the fact that Will Gidman still isn't fit really doesn't help that department and I really do fear for the visitors when they are fielding in trying to keep Sussex down to a decent score. For them to cope with Sussex, they will need to have their best players available and that's simply not the case. Their squad isn't the deepest anyway, so the news that Chris Dent is injured whilst there is no overseas player batting wise for them given Ed Cowan has left whilst Rob Nicol isn't eligible which leaves me thinking that as well as been pretty poor bowling wise, they might just be lacking a couple of batsman in this match as well which means so much will come down to Hamish Marshall, Benny Howell and Alex Gidman and if a couple of before mentioned don't fire, it's hard to see them getting anywhere near to the home side here. Sussex won their group with such ease and even won it with a few games to spare and when you consider that they were in the group of death, it just shows how good they have been in T20 this year and I don't see them having too many problems in winning today. I've mentioned how Gloucestershire are without Will Gidman, Ed Cowan and Rob Nicol, so in that they are missing 3 of their biggest hitters which leaves only Benny Howell really who is a prominent 6 hitter. Sussex with their top 3 could win the 6's battle alone, but they also have the likes of Machan, Gatting and Scott Styris as well who can hit a long ball and with the stronger bowling attack as well, I'd be surprised if they didn't hit more maximums tonight and I'd fancy them to hit at least 5 as well in truth against a pretty poor Gloucestershire seam attack.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Tonight's previews: 6pts Somerset vs Essex - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes

With the batting personnel who are on show in this match and the perfect conditions the game will be played in I see a lot of big hits on a ground which is far from the biggest. Somerset have 4 of the biggest hitters in the game in Trescothick, Levi, Kieswetter and Morkel while Essex have their fair share too. There’s no way I see this opening quarter final containing fewer than 11 6’s. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/somerset-vs-essex-betting-opening-t20-quarter-final-set-to-be-a-match-full-of-explosive-hitting 5pts Sussex Most 6's vs Gloucestershire 5/6 Skybet

In Prior, Wright, Styris and even Nash they have the four biggest hitters in this match by far. Sussex showed in the group stages it’s not easy to hit their attack away and I expect Sussex to clear the ropes the most by a fair margin in this game. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sussex-vs-gloucestershire-betting-sussex-look-to-have-much-more-firepower-in-their-batting-than-the-gladiators

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Absolutely snowed under today but will return with any other bets I have tonight once I've had a chance to look but I have taken both these for now.

Tonight's previews: 6pts Somerset vs Essex - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes

With the batting personnel who are on show in this match and the perfect conditions the game will be played in I see a lot of big hits on a ground which is far from the biggest. Somerset have 4 of the biggest hitters in the game in Trescothick, Levi, Kieswetter and Morkel while Essex have their fair share too. There’s no way I see this opening quarter final containing fewer than 11 6’s. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/somerset-vs-essex-betting-opening-t20-quarter-final-set-to-be-a-match-full-of-explosive-hitting 5pts Sussex Most 6's vs Gloucestershire 5/6 Skybet

In Prior, Wright, Styris and even Nash they have the four biggest hitters in this match by far. Sussex showed in the group stages it’s not easy to hit their attack away and I expect Sussex to clear the ropes the most by a fair margin in this game. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sussex-vs-gloucestershire-betting-sussex-look-to-have-much-more-firepower-in-their-batting-than-the-gladiators

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 2 more for the first T20. 4pts C.Kieswetter Over 23.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes Craig Kieswetter couldn't be coming into this match in better form. His last five knocks for Somerset have been 51, 56, 44, 152 and 103. The latter two were match winning knocks on Saturday and Sunday so he'll be seeing the ball like an absolute football and on what is anticipated to be a flat wicket I expect him to go well again tonight. With the Somerset batting keeping on coming Kieswetter will be able to play his natural game and you sense the likes of David Masters could go and go a long way this evening. Where Kieswetter will bat isn't completely sure but with the form he's in it would be harsh if he doesn't open. He's in supremely good form and against an Essex attack which is more than one dimensional I think we'll see 24 runs at least from Somerset's keeper. 1pt ew J.Foster Top Essex Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) James Foster has been Essex's top batsman all competition and having been absent for the last couple of weeks on paternity leave he returns tonight with his spirits undoubtedly high. This is a strong Essex batting line up tonight with Alastair Cook and Ravi Bopara in it but there's no guarantee either will go well in this match, so soon after a test match. Even if they are in form they could easily get done up by Alfonso Thomas who is mustard in this form of the game. Foster will be coming in against the spinners and he's very good at playing spin. In a strong Essex batting line up Foster has been the standout all season in this competition and looks almost a no brainer each way bet at 6/1.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 First innings of the first match hasn't gone too well. Hopefully Foster can get me out of a hole there. 3 more for tonight's game. 4pts Over 35.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill Will go down the boundary option tonight rather than the 6's option. Couple of reasons for that, obviously if Gloucestershire bat first they might not hit a huge total or many 6's in a competitive one and secondly with the weather the way it is the ball only needs to beat the in field and it's 4. There's enough boundary hitters on show in both sides in this match and you wouldn't call either bowling attack particularly strong. This isn't exactly a big ground either. The square boundaries here are nothing and down the hill one way straight isn't much of a hit either. I'd be surprised if both sides go well enough with the bat if this doesn't have 36 boundaries when Kent only made 130 batting second here a couple of weeks ago in a match which had over 40 boundaries in it, the second match in a row which had over 40 boundaries in it. 1pt M.Yardy Most Economical Bowler 9/2 Stan James In this market are Yardy, Amjad Khan, Chris Liddle, Murali, Ed Young and Ian Saxelby. I'm quite happy with Yardy in this market. Sussex have some good players of spin who can ensure that Murali and Young go for enough that they are not competitive while Saxelby will get some tap from one of Wright or Prior if not both of them. Therefore I think this will be won by a Sussex bowler. Marshall and Howell are pretty free scoring at the top of the order for Gloucestershire and that could be an issue for Liddle and Amjad Khan. Yardy is the most economical of this Sussex trio throughout this competition this year in conditions that haven't really favoured spinners. Tonight's conditions do so I'll take the former England player in this market. 0.5pts ew J.Batty Top Gloucestershire Batsman 28/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) This is a young Gloucestershire line up and in a big match like this one of two of them could get a bit giddy so there could be the off chance that an experienced head in Batty is used to settle everyone down and guide Gloucestershire to some sort of total. He's a good player of spin which he will have to be because Sussex do bowl a lot of spin and those annoying cutters so he has that covered. It's a long shot admittedly but with no overseas batsman for the Gladiators tonight and in a big pressure knockout game there could just be a chance for Batty to show his worth.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Tonight's QF previews: 3pts Worcestershire to beat Yorkshire 6/4 Bet365

If Worcestershire can control the likes of Bairstow, Miller and Ballance they can win this and secure their first ever finals day visit. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-vs-worcestershire-betting-worcestershire-can-book-their-first-ever-trip-to-finals-day-with-win-at-leeds 4pts Hampshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Paddy Power

In truth there isn’t a lot between these two sides. Nottinghamshire have the better batting line up although Hampshire’s is more than adequate for a 20 over match while Hampshire have the better bowling attack, something which could ultimately prove the difference. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-hampshire-betting-hampshire-s-t20-experience-can-give-them-the-edge-in-last-quarter-final

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 First of today's QF bets. 3 in total. This one which has drifted since I wrote the preview so I've taken 3pts at 17/10 with Bodog....

3pts Worcestershire to beat Yorkshire 6/4 Bet365

If Worcestershire can control the likes of Bairstow, Miller and Ballance they can win this and secure their first ever finals day visit. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-vs-worcestershire-betting-worcestershire-can-book-their-first-ever-trip-to-finals-day-with-win-at-leeds

and.... 3pts Yorkshire Over 14.5 4's 6/5 Ladbrokes Yorkshire have covered this line in three of the four matches in this tournament at Headingley so far and that would have been on slow outfields where the ball has slowed up the closer it got to the ropes and also in the North Group which would have had better bowling attacks than the one they will be potentially facing in this match. With the sun out and the outfields a lot faster I would expect Yorkshire to hit a fair number of fours unless Worcestershire bat first and fail. I'm not convinced that will happen though so with Bairstow and Gale in the Yorkshire batting line up this afternoon strengthening their batting line up I think the Yorkies can hit at least 15 4's in this match. 1pt ew G.Ballance Top Yorkshire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1-3) Gary Ballance has developed into Yorkshire's finisher in one day cricket this season and Worcestershire's bowlers tend to go for a few late on so it makes sense to look at Ballance tonight especially with the each way terms which are on offer. Gale and Bairstow do strengthen Yorkshire's batting line up but this is a big match for them and we've seen in the tournament so far that Gale in particular can get bogged down. Joe Root is another who can tighten up when trying to get the ball away. Even when Yorkshire make good scores Ballance is often involved and he comes into this match off the back of a second placed 47 against Derbyshire in the CB40 at the weekend which in my eyes makes him a good looking ew punt.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Agree with the above preview - you have to be taking Hampshire at these odds. It's a very close game on paper and the value is all with Hampshire considering the odds. Can only think that they are so badly distorted due to the hammering Hampshire received against Notts in the CB40 not long ago. This however is a completely different format as we know, and one which Hampshire thrive in. Maxwell back in the side as well to strengthen the middle order/finishers. Notts have the longer batting lineup, but that is often negated in this short format. Hampshire have a batting lineup just as good, and also a better bowling attack. Have to be the play at these odds. 5pts Hampshire to beat Notts 6/5 with PaddyPower Yorkshire to score more 6s than Worcestershire is my play in the first game, and one which I strongly fancy. Worcs have some very good batsmen in Hughes, Ali, and Solanki, but none are overly renowned for 6 hitting. Simply put, the way I see it is Gale/Bairstow/Miller/Ballance/ vs Andrew - I know where I'd rather have my money. Worcs also have a weaker bowling attack with 2 spinners, and some medium pacers really - could be a one sided game and in that case you'd expect Yorkshire to win the 6 battle. 8pts Yorkshire to score most sixes 10/11 with Stan James

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Three for tonight too. This one which has drifted to 13/10 with Bet365 in between writing my preview and betting on it....

4pts Hampshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Paddy Power

In truth there isn’t a lot between these two sides. Nottinghamshire have the better batting line up although Hampshire’s is more than adequate for a 20 over match while Hampshire have the better bowling attack, something which could ultimately prove the difference. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-hampshire-betting-hampshire-s-t20-experience-can-give-them-the-edge-in-last-quarter-final

and these two.... 4pts Over 35.5 Boundaries 5/6 William Hill Can't see any reason why this quarter final will be any different to the rest of the quarter finals so in that they will be high scoring and boundary fests. The first three have had a load of boundaries as conditions finally favour the batsmen this summer and we've seen in the past that Trent Bridge isn't the biggest ground in the world. There's already been a couple of 200 scores in the T20 at Trent Bridge this summer in the muckier and murkier conditions so in these wonderful batting conditions we should see another high scoring match. Both sides have good batsmen who can hit and clear the boundaries and I would expect to see at least 36 boundaries in this final quarter final. 1pt ew S.Patel Top Nottinghamshire Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) Really can't understand why someone as good as Samit Patel is 6/1 tonight especially given how well he bats against Hampshire. If Hales and Lumb get off to a flyer then Patel will be able to knock it around and get himself in before he needs to be destructive. Patel is a class batsman even in a strong batting line up like this one is. He scored freely in the CB40 match last week and I would expect him to showcase all his talents tonight with spaces in England's World T20 up for grabs. This is a very big stage so if Patel can go well in front of the cameras here it will do him no harm and at 6/1 he looks like another solid each way bet.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Excellent stuff in here throughout the quarter finals as ever :clap:clap. Poor start to them for me personally but good profits on the second and fourth QFs gave me a decent return for the round to put me +32.16 for the competition overall. Now that the quarter finals are over we know the finals day line up for the 25th August. The semi final line up is: Sussex vs Yorkshire Hampshire vs Somerset I'll restick the thread as finals day approaches.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Finals day is upon us :nana. Finals day preview: 3pts Yorkshire to win Friends Life T20 7/2 Ladbrokes Yorkshire have the powerful batting and the quality bowling to land the title here but perhaps most of all they have the best fielding side in the competition which will help as will them being the only side of the four who haven’t played a Championship game this week which means they’ve had time to get their practice in and drills sorted. Although they may be the outsiders with the bookmakers they are my idea of the winners of the T20 at this finals day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/friends-life-t20-betting-yorkshire-can-land-the-spoils-on-finals-day-at-their-first-attempt

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 25 August 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Somerset (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Semi final previews: 5pts Sussex Highest 1st 6 overs vs Yorkshire 10/11 Stan James I do expect Yorkshire to win the match but these two sides go about their business in different ways with the bat. Sussex pile their big hitters up the top of the order to take advantage of the powerplays while Yorkshire have steady players at the top with the middle order packed with power to finish strongly. The likes of Nash, Wright and Prior will be Sussex’s top three with the bat while Gale, Jaques and Root will be Yorkshire’s. That looks like chalk and cheese to me so I fully expect Sussex to be leading after the first 6 overs before Yorkshire take over in the second half of both innings. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sussex-vs-yorkshire-betting-sussex-s-powerful-top-order-can-see-them-ahead-after-the-opening-six-overs 4pts Hampshire to beat Somerset 13/10 Bet365 Somerset have had terrible injuries to their bowling attack though and they look weaker than usual in that area so with nothing usually between the two sides that could be a massive difference and something which edges this second semi final into the 2010 winner’s favour. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-somerset-betting-hampshire-can-take-advantage-of-the-injuries-to-the-somerset-bowling-attack

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Going with a few finals day bets as I often do. Will do them in three posts. Whole day bets in this one and one post each for the semi finals. Taking 6 for the day. This one......

3pts Yorkshire to win Friends Life T20 7/2 Ladbrokes Yorkshire have the powerful batting and the quality bowling to land the title here but perhaps most of all they have the best fielding side in the competition which will help as will them being the only side of the four who haven’t played a Championship game this week which means they’ve had time to get their practice in and drills sorted. Although they may be the outsiders with the bookmakers they are my idea of the winners of the T20 at this finals day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/friends-life-t20-betting-yorkshire-can-land-the-spoils-on-finals-day-at-their-first-attempt
and.......... 1pt ew D.Miller Top Finals Day Batsman 25/1 Bodog (1/5 1-3) 1pt ew N.McKenzie Top Finals Day Batsman 33/1 Bodog (1/5 1-3) This finals day has a lot of top quality batsmen in it but I'm going with a couple of players who I think can play in two matches which should in theory give them the advantage over the rest barring a crazy innings in a semi final losing effort. David Miller is actually the second highest scoring player in the competition of those who are at finals day with just Luke Wright ahead of him. That's a decent effort when you consider the level of batsmen who are on these four sides. What I like about Miller is he's a tremendous straight hitter and when the slog is on that's the place to hit on this ground because the straight boundaries are much smaller than the square ones. Miller is able to play against spin and seam which will always help and given the form he's been in this season if Yorkshire make it through to the final he has to be a big runner here. We've already seen Neil McKenzie play well on this ground when he made 88 on a tough wicket to bat on and he's actually my idea of the top run scorer on the day. McKenzie is a massive big match player. If we needed reminding of that we certainly got it in the quarter final when the South African saw Hampshire home with one of the best innings you'll ever see in a crucial run chase. When Hampshire won this competition in 2010 it was McKenzie's 50 in the final which won it for them which further shows how big a match player he is. He comes alive on the big stage. I've not seen too many players play spin as well as he does and that will be crucial over the course of this day. McKenzie may not bring the pyrotechnics that a David Miller does but he's mightily effective with nudging and nurdling and between him and Miller I expect one of the South African's to go very close to top scoring on this showpiece day. 1pt L.Dawson Top Finals Day Bowler 20/1 Bodog 1pt A.Rafiq Top Finals Day Bowler 28/1 Bodog I like the idea of a spinner taking the honours in this market and while the likes of Beer, Panesar and Briggs will get most of the attention it is Dawson and Rafiq I like the look of here. Hampshire have opened the bowling with Liam Dawson most of the summer in T20 and I expect that move to continue here on finals day and we all remember what Kieswetter did first ball to Phillips in the quarter final when he skied it about 5 million miles up in the air. That sort of thing could easily happen here too. Obviously to land this bet either Hampshire or Yorkshire will need to get into the final but if either or both do make it to the final then this would have every chance. Dawson is a very underrated bowler while Azeem Rafiq has bowled well all summer, so well in fact that he kept Adil Rashid out of the side for much of the season. With the amount of overs to be played on finals day this wicket will turn in the final, it has to. It usually turns in just a normal 20 over game here and we saw in the 5 or so overs of the ODI that there isn't a lot in this wicket for the seamers. I think the spinners will go well at this finals day and these look like two nice priced spinners who could easily go well if the right things fall into place. 4pts Under 23.5 6's 5/6 Bodog This line looks a bit high to me. As the day goes on the wicket will get slower and slower and harder to play big shots. The wicket will turn and hitting the ball straight in those circumstances will be a risk. Square sixes on this ground are so few and far between that I don't expect them to add to the total too much and I just don't see hitting straight down the ground being easy the longer the day goes on. Admittedly up front those straight boundaries are perfectly accessible but I don't see that being the case towards the end. I strongly fancy Hampshire to be in the final and without Maxwell they won't hit too many 6's so this line looks a touch too high to me.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Semi final one bets - this one.....

5pts Sussex Highest 1st 6 overs vs Yorkshire 10/11 Stan James I do expect Yorkshire to win the match but these two sides go about their business in different ways with the bat. Sussex pile their big hitters up the top of the order to take advantage of the powerplays while Yorkshire have steady players at the top with the middle order packed with power to finish strongly. The likes of Nash, Wright and Prior will be Sussex’s top three with the bat while Gale, Jaques and Root will be Yorkshire’s. That looks like chalk and cheese to me so I fully expect Sussex to be leading after the first 6 overs before Yorkshire take over in the second half of both innings. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sussex-vs-yorkshire-betting-sussex-s-powerful-top-order-can-see-them-ahead-after-the-opening-six-overs
and these..... 4pts Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Sportingbet I like the idea of at least eight sixes in this match. Both sides have a lot of hefty hitters in their ranks and either side could cover this total in the one innings if they really got going, particularly if Sussex bat first and one of Prior, Wright or Styris really come off. The wicket will be good for the first match of the day and neither bowling attack is absolutely superb although both are very good. We saw in their quarter finals that both attacks can be hit around a bit. With the hitters on show in this match, the new wicket to go on and the lack of top quality bowlers I would be surprised if this opening semi final doesn't contain at least eight 6's before the wicket slows up later in the day. 1pt ew S.Styris Top Sussex Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1-3) I can't ignore this price, not after the quarter final. Of course Styris will never hit a 30 odd ball 100 ever again in his life but he may not need to here. A solid 50 or so would be enough. Styris has kept his eye in with a stint in the Sri Lanka Premier League so it won't be like when Dwayne Bravo pitched up for Essex a couple of years ago and couldn't get it off the square. Styris has played a lot of cricket in India too so he'll be used to these low bouncing wickets which will be a good thing. Yorkshire without Mitchell Starc can go for a few at the end of the innings as we saw when these two met in the CB40 last weekend when Amjad Khan of all people hit 16 off the last over to win. Styris can play the rebuild innings if it all goes heavily tits up at the start or the slap bang wallop innings if everything is going smoothly and with him batting no lower than number 5 here he looks a belting each way bet to me.