** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Friends Life T20 2012

kevshat

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 And two in the later starts. 4pts Hampshire to beat Essex Evs Bet365 Hampshire finally have a bit of momentum in their T20 campaign after wins at Canterbury and Richmond in their last two matches and they are playing some good competitive cricket too. What impressed me with them at Richmond in particular was even when Paul Stirling was hitting the turbo they dug in and in the end controlled him better than most sides. In the end they controlled him so much that Middlesex never had anything close to a competitive total and playing on a small ground like Richmond will have been good preparation for Chelmsford tonight. Essex come into the game off the back of a hard match last night and it's never easy to get back up for a game less than 24hrs after the last one finished, especially when it was such a close game and will have absorbed a lot of physical and mental energy. I don't particularly rate Essex anyway. I think they are a batsman short if not two which they can get away with if it's Napier or Ten Doeschate's night but I think their bowling attack is incredibly one paced and pretty easy to score off as Sussex have shown in their last two matches. Hampshire will be missing Michael Carberry tonight but Simon Katich showed on Wednesday night he can play this game and if Glenn Maxwell comes off with the bat they'll all be in trouble. Hampshire know what it takes to perform in this format now having won the tournament in 2010 and made finals day in defence of their title last year and I expect Dimitri Mascarenhas' men to move into second place in the table with a win tonight. 5pts Leicestershire to beat Derbyshire 10/11 Stan James Derbyshire are another side who I don't particularly rate and that is certainly the case tonight as they will be without a couple of key players in Ross Whiteley and Mark Turner tonight. Tim Groenewald isn't in the squad either and from the outside it appears Derbyshire have given up the ghost on this competition and saving everyone for the restart of the County Championship. Leicester probably need to win every match now and hope some results go their way but this is the competition they target so they will keep going. They weren't far away from beating Yorkshire on Wednesday night and having beaten Derbyshire in the reverse fixture I think they will beat them again tonight and give themselves the faintest glimmer of qualifying hope.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Well that f*cking sums up my luck in this tournament. Leicestershire needed 33 from the last 2 overs, only for there to be 2 sixes plus 5 wides in the penultimate over. Chesney Hughes then drops a catch in the final over to gift 3 runs away, and the last ball goes for a boundary when the Foxes need 3 to win. Annoyed would be a massive understatement. Good they got the job done for Kev, but so pissed off just at the minute and that takes me straight back to +3.04 for the tournament. :wall

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Surrey (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Northamptonshire (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 I know how you feel mate. I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the tournament when Somerset beat Glamorgan. Always the hard ones to take but you know your stuff so I'm sure you'll bounce back strong :ok.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Both matches are on TV on Saturday. First game preview: 4pts Hampshire to beat Surrey 10/11 Ladbrokes

Although I don’t like taking sides who play the night before I do think Hampshire are worth backing in this match. They are in the groove at the minute and have multiple match winners with bat and ball. Mentally Surrey could still be all over the place so with the momentum Hampshire have built up behind them I’ll take them to win this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-surrey-betting--hampshire-can-continue-their-momentum-with-a-win-over-surrey

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 After the shambles that was last night, I'll hope for better today and I'm taking 3 in total. Hampshire to beat Surrey- 10/11 Stan James- (4/10) Happy to oppose Surrey once more here as I'm still not convinced about their mental state really. Squad wise they have some important players back today, including Gary Wilson who has been superb this season in the T20 but the fact that Gareth Batty is still captaining the side, even with Rory Hamilton-Brown back just says to me that they are still not in the best state to play cricket just at the minute and I think Hampshire will make the most of that. They beat Essex pretty comfortably in the end last night and batted extremely well. Even without Michael Carberry, there is still an abundance of batting talent in there, with Adams, Vince, Katich, McKenzie, Ervine and Maxwell, and even Mascarenhas and Dawson at 7 and 8 shows just how good this batting lineup is. Hampshire have built up some momentum, winning their last 3 and with the tragic news that Surrey had last week, I still don't think they will be up for this one as much as they need to, which is understandable but I expect Hampshire to win and really make a push for the quarter finals. Over 30.5 Boundaries- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) The 6's line also looks a little low to me but I'm going to back the overs for the boundaries instead which also looks really low. In the last 2 T20 matches down at Southampton, there have been 34 and 37 boundaries which show how line this looks. The worry would perhaps be that Surrey still are too fragile mentally to score runs, but they showed against Essex last week that they can still score runs so I don't expect that to be too much of a problem, especially with Gary Wilson back which only strengthens their batting. Hampshire have plenty of depth in their batting order as I've discussed with Liam Dawson at 7 and Mascarenhas at 8 whilst Surrey also bat fairly low down as well and with plenty of boundaries going about down at Southampton, I fancy we'll see at least 31 boundaries today. And 1 in the other TV game. Glamorgan Highest 1st 6 Overs- 4/5 BetVictor- (4/10) Glamorgan definitely are my fancy in the first 6 here and they will know they need to start winning if they are to stand any chance of making the quarter finals. Northants are out already so they may actually choose to rest a few players but even if they don't, I still fancy the Welshman here. Yesterday they bumped Mark Wallace up the order to go out swinging and that was an effective tactic as he hit a quick 25, and with Shaun Marsh at the other end, you have 2 extremely attacking batsman who will look to score runs and make the most of the powerplay. Bowling wise, James Harris and Simon Jones are a pretty good opening attack as well and can be difficult to get away and with this match meaning far more to the Welsh Dragons, I think they will win this little battle.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Second TV game preview: 4pts Welsh Dragons Highest 1st 6 overs 4/5 BetVictor

Northamptonshire have been woeful with the bat in this tournament. Chopping and changing their batting line up every game hasn’t helped but they have lacked the runs to win matches throughout the competition. Welsh Dragons moved Mark Wallace up to pinch hit against Worcestershire and that’s a move I can see working here so I think Welsh Dragons to lead through six overs is the bet in this match.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/welsh-dragons-vs-northamptonshire-betting--welsh-side-have-the-better-opening-batting-line-up-to-lead-after-6-overs

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Smallest of profits last night to put my total up to +16.34pts overall now. Going with four in the first TV match.

Both matches are on TV on Saturday. First game preview: 4pts Hampshire to beat Surrey 10/11 Ladbrokes

Although I don’t like taking sides who play the night before I do think Hampshire are worth backing in this match. They are in the groove at the minute and have multiple match winners with bat and ball. Mentally Surrey could still be all over the place so with the momentum Hampshire have built up behind them I’ll take them to win this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-surrey-betting--hampshire-can-continue-their-momentum-with-a-win-over-surrey

3 others as well as the above. 5pts Hampshire Most 6's 6/5 BetVictor Hampshire are well adept in hitting sixes in this competition and having played their last three matches on three small grounds they will be well oiled in the six hitting department. Hampshire have brought the boundaries in for this match in order to negate the Surrey spin options and when the spin does come on I expect it to go. In the likes of Adams, Ervine, Maxwell and Mascarenhas Hampshire have some big hitters in their side while the likes of Vince, Katich and Dawson can clear ropes too when the need arises. Surrey have obviously lost one of their big hitters when Tom Maynard died and you get the feeling another one, Hamilton-Brown is playing almost as a token gesture. Jason Roy can welly a ball but there aren't a lot of six hitters in this Surrey side as shown by the fact they've only hit 9 6's in four matches despite three of those matches being at The Oval, Chelmsford and Beckenham. Contrast that to Hampshire who hit 7 at Chelmsford alone on Friday night and have hit 27 6's in their five matches. This wicket will be flat and will favour the big hitters with the boundaries in and that is Hampshire. 4pts Over 30.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill As I said above Hampshire have pulled the boundaries in for this match like we saw them do in a match against Sussex a few years ago when they wanted to negate Sussex's spinners. By negating Surrey's four spin options this afternoon they will go a long way to winning the match and with the boundaries short a very high scoring game is expected. In the two matches on this ground so far this season, with boundaries a bit further back, there has been 37 and 34 boundaries so I would expect to see at least 31 in this match with the amount of hitters there are in this game and with conditions being perfect for batting. Although Surrey don't have many huge hitters in the six hitting department they do have strokemakers like Davies, de Bruyn, Wilson and Spriegel who can find the rope along the deck and add in all of Hampshire's stroke players and you have more than enough for 31 boundaries here. 1pt G.Maxwell Top Hampshire Batsman 10/1 BetVictor Glenn Maxwell has been a revelation as Hampshire's overseas player in this tournament and his stunning assault on Tim Phillips last night moved him up to be Hampshire's top run scorer in the tournament. Phillips wasn't the only spinner he has destroyed in this tournament either. He's taken James Tredwell to the cleaners as well so the Surrey spinners are going to be targeted when bowling to Maxwell. Maxwell has been batting at number six in this Hampshire line up but after every match he's been chomping at the bit to bat a bit higher and with Hampshire having been three down early in their last two matches I would think the time for Giles White to give Maxwell his wish and promote him up the order can't be far away. If it is in this match 10/1 will look very big but it is big enough anyway about a guy who has 2 50's in the tournament to date and who is scoring at a strike rate of 197.46 this season. He can top score from 6 and from opening as when he opened in a second XI game he hit a ridiculous 31 ball ton so at 10/1 even though I usually like the added fall back of the each way terms, I can't ignore Maxwell on a win only bet.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Profit in the first TV game although a bit unlucky not to have a 10/1 winner. Going with two in the second TV game. This one....

Second TV game preview: 4pts Welsh Dragons Highest 1st 6 overs 4/5 BetVictor

Northamptonshire have been woeful with the bat in this tournament. Chopping and changing their batting line up every game hasn’t helped but they have lacked the runs to win matches throughout the competition. Welsh Dragons moved Mark Wallace up to pinch hit against Worcestershire and that’s a move I can see working here so I think Welsh Dragons to lead through six overs is the bet in this match.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/welsh-dragons-vs-northamptonshire-betting--welsh-side-have-the-better-opening-batting-line-up-to-lead-after-6-overs

and..... 2pts C.White Top Northamptonshire Batsman 10/3 Boylesports I think Cameron White has a real chance of top scoring for Northants in this match. They are awful with the bat and in seven matches so far only Cameron White and Kyle Coetzer have scored more than 100 runs. People have been up and down in the batting line up which hasn't helped at all but Cameron White, being the overseas player who a wedge has been shelled out for, often gets to bat in the same position. He has 54 runs more than Coetzer and almost 130 runs more than anyone else in this side in the tournament this season so you would say this is a match. However I like White in the match between him and Coetzer because he plays spin well and he hits the ball a long long way straight down the ground but the straight boundaries at the Swalec are miniscule so if he gets himself in I expect him to plonk a few over the ropes especially the longer he stays there. The dimensions of the Swalec Stadium suit White perfectly so at 10/3 he's worth a couple of points to top score here in what is a very weak, light and to be blunt, poor batting line up.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 1 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Leicestershire (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Derbyshire (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Worcestershire (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 2 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Glamorgan (17:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.96 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Hampshire (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 TV game preview: 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Glamorgan 10/11 Skybet

If the Welsh Dragons’ recent batting woes are anything to go by then Gloucestershire should be excellent value in this match. The Dragons looked all at sea against Northamptonshire’s spinners on Saturday evening so the likes of Murali could have them tied up in knots. Gloucestershire are showing a lot more confidence in this format at the minute and I think they can both put up a load of runs and defend them too. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/gloucestershire-vs-welsh-dragons-betting--gloucestershire-s-confidence-and-better-batting-form-can-lead-them-to-victory

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 3 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Worcestershire (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.74 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Lancashire (18:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Sussex (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 TV match preview: 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire 8/11 Stan James

The better batting line up is likely to prevail in this match as they can just go hell for leather throughout and that side for me is Nottinghamshire so even at 8/11 I’ll take them in this. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-lancashire-betting--nottinghamshire-s-batting-line-up-look-to-be-the-key-to-success-

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Weather is still horrible for tonight and I'll be surprised if we get much cricket at all in the 3 matches. Would have backed Sussex but the forecast doesn't look good. Been looking on Surrey's twitter page (saw Kev's tweet on there :lol) for updates but it doesn't look good so I'll stay away tonight. Sort of hope Sussex and Lancashire get a bat though to give Croft and Wright chances to score a few more but not confident that they will.

Likewise. More hopeful than confident. Am on my way to The Oval now as meeting meatman before hand so when I get close I'll try and update conditions but any bets I have tonight will probably only be interest ones with the Bet365 guys who are on site. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 From listening to the radio, sounds like Kev has witnessed some ferocious hitting by the Sussex top 3. Lancashire a bit unfortunate but Yasir Arafat has been completely atrocious in the tournament for them. Consistently gone at 10 an over. Should be dropped for the game against Yorkshire if Chapple is fit.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Fishy, your outright bets are looking very good atm with Croft as top run scorer and Wright near the top as well. Sussex are looking nailed on to win the group now and have got a great chance of going all the way. Well done so far mate :clap

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Cheers but still a bit too early atm mate. If Lancashire don't get out of their group, Croft might not even come in the top 4 tbh as other batsman possibly have 3 more innings to fill their boots. Could do with them beating Yorkshire and Durham, or if the weather is terrible for Friday, they will need to beat Durham next Sunday I think it is. Hopefully they will pull through though. Sussex look very good though. Should top the group now and get a decent draw one would imagine.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 5 July 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Worcestershire (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Kent (18:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Middlesex (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 TV match preview: 5pts Kent to beat Surrey 6/5 Betfred

Forgetting the emotions and the damage the Maynard death has had, this Surrey side just isn’t good enough in my opinion. Their batting line up is a shambles really and with Mark Ramprakash expected to announce his retirement on the day of this game they look at least three genuine batsmen light. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/surrey-vs-kent-betting--kent-can-keep-their-faint-qualification-hopes-alive-with-a-win-at-the-oval

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 We're in great danger of getting a game tonight :loon. In fact only the Notts/Yorkshire game might be rain affected. The other three have good forecasts. Just the TV game for me though. I'm taking this one....

TV match preview: 5pts Kent to beat Surrey 6/5 Betfred

Forgetting the emotions and the damage the Maynard death has had, this Surrey side just isn’t good enough in my opinion. Their batting line up is a shambles really and with Mark Ramprakash expected to announce his retirement on the day of this game they look at least three genuine batsmen light. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/surrey-vs-kent-betting--kent-can-keep-their-faint-qualification-hopes-alive-with-a-win-at-the-oval

and these two.... I'm off to the match tonight. It's fair to say I'm very much going to be a Kent fan :lol. 3pts Kent Highest 1st 6 Overs 6/5 Ladbrokes These odds are wrong quite plainly. I've seen Surrey four times in this tournament and they just can't bat. Of course at the top of the order they are probably better than anywhere else but their top three - Davies, Roy and Pietersen hardly have a run in them in this tournament and the real issue with Surrey in the first six overs is they will be facing Mark Davies in all likelihood for three of them. Steven Davies did get a flyer the other night but that was only courtesy of the usual tripe which Luke Wright bowls. He's unlikely to get as many freebies tonight. After the top three the attacking players run out so at some point Surrey are going to have to rein it in a bit at the top of the order to ensure they bat for 20 overs without exposing their tail. Kent don't need to worry about that. They bat down to 9 or 10 depending on personnel and a lot of them score quickly. Billings plays his shots and will go well at The Oval as does Key, Mahmood if he bats 3 and Northeast. Kent have conceded runs like nobody's business in recent matches but Sussex and Middlesex had fearsome batting line ups. Surrey don't so I would expect Kent to be a bit tighter with the ball tonight. Having watched Surrey on Tuesday night I'm still unsure whether the ball goes down faster from Nannes' arm or faster off the bat once he's bowled it :lol. Either way he offered nothing and concedes runs aplenty. Surrey will bowl spin in the first six overs but even Kartik was clonked the other night. I think there's more than enough here to merit a wager on Kent at odds against to be leading after six overs. 3pts Kent Most 6's 13/10 Bet365 This kind of follows on from what I was saying above about Surrey's batting line up. I really can't emphasise how light it is. Even before the T20 it was light but since then they've obviously tragically lost Tom Maynard, that in turn has accounted for Rory Hamilton-Brown, Gary Wilson is playing for Ireland today and although Ramprakash hasn't been playing at least he was an option, until he announces his retirement later today. So weak is this batting line up at the minute that Zafir Ansari had been batting at four in the last couple of matches. He's done well to be fair to him but he's never a higher than 7 batsman at this level. Burns is experienced and de Buryn looks stuck at the minute. Unless the top 3 hit 6's then I fear Surrey won't hit many because they don't have a finisher down the bottom of the order or even a big hitter. The ropes are short here and I didn't see another wicket being prepared the other night so I would imagine it is the same wicket tonight which means a very short boundary to the Peter May side of the ground. Kent have plenty of men who can hit the short boundary, or indeed the long one as it goes. Billings, Northeast and Key all hit true cricket shots which can go a long way while Mahmood, Stevens and Coles can smite it a long way. Kent won the reverse 6's match 5-2 and barring something destructive from Pietersen I expect them to win the 6's match tonight too.

Re: Friends Life T20 2012 Chance of a cricket game being played in British Summer? Unbelievable Jeff! Similar thinking to Kev for me in the TV game albeit with a few different bets. 4 for me in total. Kent to beat Surrey- 6/5 Coral- (5/10) I really feel for everyone affiliated to Surrey at the minute but in saying that, I have to back Kent here. We saw just what kind of state Surrey were in last week on TV when they played Hampshire and it was clear that they still weren't in the right place mentally to play cricket. Since then, skipper Hamilton-Brown has been given compassionate leave and rightly so, Mark Ramprakash is retiring and Gary Wilson is away with Ireland. Maybe not Ramprakash and he wouldn't have played anyway, but from the other players who aren't available it leaves Surrey ridiculously short in the batting department. Of course they are without Tom Maynard as well sadly but without him and Hamilton-Brown, Surrey are without their two best batsman so far this summer, and also without Gary Wilson who has been their leading man in T20. Batting Ansari at number 4 the other day and pushing Kartik up the order is really done out of hope and a lack of options in all honesty and I'm not over exaggerating here when I say that if one of Davies, Roy or Pietersen don't score a century or there abouts, they won't score enough runs here. Kent have hardly been world beaters recently but they have talented players throughout in both departments and given bowling has been there weakness, the fact that Surrey don't have enough batsman should help that problem in this one. With the funeral of Tom Maynard being yesterday, I just can't see how Surrey will be in any way completely up for this one today so I'll back Kent to win this one. Kent (Most 6's) vs Surrey- 13/10 Bet365- (3/10) Spoken about how short Surrey are batting wise and looking through their side, it's only really Davies, Roy and Pietersen who are natural aggressors with the bat, but given just how weak the batting is, I'm not even sure if those guys will even be going for their big shots too much given the lack of batting below them. Without Tom Maynard and Gary Wilson, that's 2 big hitters that are missing for them whilst Hamilton-Brown can also pack a punch but he's missing as well so there's not too many guys in the Surrey side who you would fancy bombarding the crowd with catches. Kent however have plenty of players who can clear the rope throughout their side. Perhaps with a couple of exclusions, their top 8 can all clear the rope and hit a long ball and with the short boundaries, they should be able to hit a fair few. Not to mention that the Surrey bowlers have been going around the park a little, especially against Sussex the other day and I think Kent will win the 6's battle as well as the match. James Tredwell Most Economical Bowler- 9/2 Stan James- (3/10) Only Gareth Batty, Murali Kartik, Mark Davies, James Tredwell, Dirk Nannes and Azhar Mahmood count in this market. Not had the best luck in this market in the tournament but going to try my luck again with the Kent spinner. After the events of the past couple of weeks and yesterday in particular, I wouldn't be happy backing any of the Surrey players in this market as I don't know how fragile they are mentally coming into this one. The only Surrey bowler I would have considered anyway would have been Batty as Nannes hasn't looked the bowler he once was and he got tonked rather the other day against Sussex, whilst Kartik will bowl a couple of overs in the powerplay I imagine so that always puts me off. That leaves the 3 Kent bowlers in the market and I'll immediately rule Mahmood out as he's bowled so terrible recently, he may not even play tonight so there's too many risks over the Pakistani. The thing I like about Tredwell over Davies and the competition is that given just how weak this Surrey batting lineup is, if they were to lose a couple of wickets in the powerplay which they could well do, Tredwell will likely to come on immediately after the first 6 and he could be bowling when Surrey are looking to stabilize and just knock the ball around a bit. Over the past few years or so, he's usually been pretty hard to get away for too many away which is why he got himself into the England reckoning. If he is bowling at the Surrey middle order, he should be able to pile the pressure on and not concede many at all so I'll back the spinner to go well tonight and keep things tight. Zafar Ansari Top Surrey Batsman- 6/1 Coral- (1/10 E/W) 1/5 1,2,3 Given how thin the Surrey lineup is, I have to take Zafar Ansari on at this price. Obviously the big favourite in this market is Kevin Pietersen but since he's been back, he hasn't done much at all and even got a golden duck last week so I can't be having him at the short price in which he is available. So far in T20 this season, Ansari is 4th in the run scoring charts for Surrey with one innings less than Davies and Spriegel in 2nd and 3rd which shows how crucial he's been to Surrey runs wise. Gary Wilson is top but he's not playing tonight as he's away with Ireland which along with the already mentioned absences to Surrey, leaves a massive gap in the middle order which has led to them promoting Ansari up the order. Whether he should be as high as 4 or 5 is another question but the fact that he is gives him time at the crease and to continue impressing the Surrey staff. Given just how short Surrey are in the batting department which I can't stress enough, it leaves a massive gap for someone like the youngster to shine and given the price offering an each way place, I'll back him to go well with the bat tonight.

just wanted to stick a note down here really as i religiously check this thread and bow down to both fishy and kevshat (even if he is luton) your picks in this tournament are incred! keep up the good work! Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2