June 11 - June 17

Re: June 11 - June 17 CORNET LOOKS A SAFE OPTION When you look at this matchup on paper, it is so very easy to see Wicky as a runaway winner especially considering that Alize was rubbish yesterday. Even then its no solid base to even think of the match being a foregone conclusion. To put it straight, Alize has certainly competed better than Wick this week and looks the player to back confidently. If their first meeting is anything to go by, then it will sermon obvious here that CORNET has this in the bag already. Wick was very average against Minella. Nalbandian also a better punt over the frail Civic. Gl Everyone.s

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: June 11 - June 17 Having one final bet over in Queen's for the final. +18.40 for this week so hopefully I can add to that today. Marin Cilic to beat David Nalbandian- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Don't see why Cilic is the outsider in this one really and I was hoping for this kind of price on him. His match yesterday against Querrey was horrible to watch as the wind really played its part and made life extremely tricky for both guys but Cilic returned serve well for most of the match and has had a match under his belt now if the wind remains the same today. The Croatian was pretty tight for parts of the match against the American but he beat Nalbandian in Davis Cup action earlier this season which he should take a lot of confidence from and hopefully will see him be far more assured in this match. The problem I have with the Argentine is his fitness. Granted he's an extremely fit guy, and he's shown that this week by playing 2 three set matches in one day, and then beating Dimitrov the day after but in that match against the Bulgarian, Nalbandian did look pretty tired to me and if Dimitrov had taken it to a final set, I'm not so sure how much Nalbandian would have had left in the tank. Cilic will get a few more free points on serve than Dimitrov did and will return better, so there should be more some lengthy rallies which naturally would favour Nalbandian, but given the amount of time he's spent on court, that could well go against him. The past 3 matches between these 2 guys have all been incredibly close and as the match goes on, I expect the Argentine to show fatigue and fade a little so as long as Cilic stays close for long enough, I think he'll take the title here.

Re: June 11 - June 17 Marin Cilic to beat David Nalbandian 1.87@unibet! (5/10) I agree with fishy and think that Marin should win today, he has the momentum flowing and this is the time when he can really beat David. Today will be maybe different day compare to yesterday and Marin will have that big serve under his belt, that in tight matches like final could play a big role... think that this probably will go at least one tie-break, but maybe i'll stick with fishy and Marin here, mid stakes Marin to win. GL!

Re: June 11 - June 17 what happened there? i saw when Cilic lost the first and went away and when i came back Marin was a winner, but actually didn't know what was happening... he got injury? what was he in mind when he talked something about ATP organization i don't get it ...

Re: June 11 - June 17 wow, thats very unsportsman ... really didn't thought that David is that angry enough to do this... something wrong with him, the official is an old man and this looks ridicilously bad there... i'm very shoked to see it from Nalby, think he have lost some fans over there...

Re: June 11 - June 17 Just checked my Bet365 account and they've settled the Cilic bet as a winner which was a pleasant surprise as I thought they would just void it. That means it's +21.12pts from this week in Queen's which is a decent warmup to Wimbledon. Will take next week off as I'm a little busy but GL to everyone who gets involved. :ok

Re: June 11 - June 17

Just checked my Bet365 account and they've settled the Cilic bet as a winner which was a pleasant surprise as I thought they would just void it. That means it's +21.12pts from this week in Queen's which is a decent warmup to Wimbledon. Will take next week off as I'm a little busy but GL to everyone who gets involved. :ok
Pleasant surprise for you! I had backed Nalbandian with 365 and was rather hoping they'd void it. Still, he deserved it, though I don't really feel that I did!

Re: June 11 - June 17

Ridiculous. Such a terrible ending to what has been a super tournament. Can't believe Nalbandian did that. Didn't even look like he cared too much about kicking the umpire. Lost my respect now has the Argentine.[/quote With all due respect I don't believe you saw the Nalbandian episode or you would not have said what you said. Common that was clear enough to see Nalbandian meant no harm. He has been hard done by in a match he looked certain to win. Maybe everyone needs glasses!

Re: June 11 - June 17 1) I didn't actually say he intended to harm the umpire, but the fact he made contact and then was more concerned about criticizing the ATP than apologizing for his actions was terrible on his part. The guy was bleeding pretty badly and Nalbandian barely apologized, that's a terrible showing from the Argentine. 2) Not sure how you work out how he was certain to win that match either tbh. Cilic was a break up in that second set and as I said in my write-up, if it had gone to a third, there were no guarantees over Nalbandian's fitness. Was 50/50 in me eyes, he wasn't 'certain' to win. And a quick side note, you can't possibly have an argument for him being allowed to play on. It sends out all the wrong messages for youngsters and the general attitude of the sport. No place for it and it would have been absolutely shocking if he was allowed to play on.