Racing bans

Not been punting for a few days and today whilst looking at the results I noticed Casela Park still running.As many of you know the trainer and jockey were banned for pulling off a con job a few years ago. I loooked at the current trainer and saw it was Jaclyn Tyrell , I'm almost certain it will be his wife or maybe daughter. Whats the point of banning a trainer when his/her spouse can simply take over the operation. I have noticed many times in recent history that this has happened like : Karl Burke banned .............Elaine Burke Trainer Paul Blockley banned again !!.............Jo Hughes ( girlfriend ) Trainer Kamil Mahdi banned................Debbie Mountain ( ex wife ) Trainer ( although not seen a runner of hers for a year) Also when Nicky Henderson was banned for 3 months , they chose to implement it during the summer when he has no runners , what was the point of that punishinent ? I can think of many more examples , I may post some more after my porridge.

Re: Racing bans

It's not only cons. Didn't Henderson get banned after one of his runners was found to have a banned substance in its system? Howard Johnson got banned for something similar too I think?
Henderson genuinely cared for the welfare of the horse (or I may have been "conned" to fall for his explanation). But the examples of OP are fraud and unethical and just very saddening since it is hard to detect and stop. Who knows how many fixes are going on in the races.

Re: Racing bans

It's not only cons. Didn't Henderson get banned after one of his runners was found to have a banned substance in its system? Howard Johnson got banned for something similar too I think?
Correct both were banned for welfare issues . During the summer of Hendersons ban , his horse Carichola was sent to B Hills who raced at Royal Ascot , if he was banned why was he allowed to be present ? a pathetic ban in my opinion , He was even allowed to train during that period , he just wasn't allowed to enter his horses for races. If you or got a driving ban , we cannot drive. Or if we got caught shoplifting we may go to prison as punishment. Trainers they simply switch names on the license and carry on as normal.If Sir M Stoute got a ban wouldn't he simply get his boyfriend to "train" them ?