Next Liverpool Manager?

Is there a thread covering the gambling aspect of this as yet? AVB is the favourite, but personally I can't see it happening. IMO Hodgson never really won over the battle of being accepted, which led to Kenny (one of the few people with automatic credibility for Liverpool) taking over. I think AVB's abject failure to win over the players with his new methods might count against him, and I think he's better suited for a job in Spain or Portugal. Looking at everyone else, Roberto Martinez seems interesting. His Wigan team's late flurry of form have made him hot property as Villa and Liverpool both have vacancies.

Re: Next Liverpool Manager? Heard a rumour 3 weeks ago about Kenny moving upstairs (which he rejected) and Jurgen Klinsmann going in. I dont know if many of you will think anything of it but that is a little rumour that has been doing the waves. Also another one is Pep Guardiola. One of me mates reckons someone in the alehouse he drinks in told everyone 2 hours before it was announced that Kenny got the axe that it was going to happen and we have been in talks with Pep for 2 weeks. I am not for one minute saying we will get them, can just imagine the comments beneath now: "Liverpool to get Pep, pfftt" I am not saying we will, I am just pointing out a rumour. Possibly just rumours, possibly true. Both available at 40/1 @BetVictor, I think you can get 55/1 for Klinsmann in places though.

Re: Next Liverpool Manager? Wow, I was waiting for a pathetic comment such as that. I highlighted that I think neither will probably get the job but certain rumours do circulate. I did not at any point say "throw ya house on it, its a cert" I was merely pointing out that it might not happen but when you do hear a rumour then you just like to let people know.

Re: Next Liverpool Manager? It won't be Pep Guardiola.... I was under the impression he was taking at least a year long hiatus from the game. After all when you've managed a club like Barcelona so well for so long, why would you immediately jump back in to a club like Liverpool, where he could potentially damage his reputation. I don't think Liverpool are as big a club as some seem to think they still are, so they can forget big name signings/managers until they get back in the CL. Not sure of the hype surrounding Martinez, but he IMO was the sole reason for Wigan not getting relegated the last two seasons. I'd be more inclined if I were Liverpool to push the boat out for AVB as his stock is down right now following the Chelsea debacle, and they need someone with a bit of a reputation to come in and mould a squad of youth and experience into CL challengers. At the minute Liverpool are looking at mid table stagnation unless they bring in someone tactically astute that will send the team out believing they can win against anyone home or away. The way they performed away from home this season was a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Next Liverpool Manager? Looks like it's Brendan Rodgers then. :loon It's been an interesting market, with Rodgers ruling himself out early doors only to come steaming in yesterday when obviously some people got word of what was happening. Personally, I think Martinez would have been the better choice for Liverpool - he was the architect of the Swansea style and has introduced it at Wigan as well, whereas Rodgers never really managed to stamp his mark on Reading. I get the feeling Liverpool will need to be patient and give him time to find his feet, but nothing FSG have done up to now suggests that will be the case.