Ireland v Croatia > June 10

Re: Ireland v Croatia > June 10

Bosnia and the Czech's aren't a better side than Ireland, MP. And to be honest, I wouldn't say either Russia or Italy would be favourites against them either. And I don't actually think Croatia are a better side :lol This isn't the Croatia of days gone by. Their qualifying was very average, losing to Georgia and dropping five points to Greece.
After reading your very first post, I automatically ignored every other biased post you written up on this match up. Even if I had tossed a coin I deserve more credit and respect than you have given me in your "analysis" of my prediction pal..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland v Croatia > June 10 Congrats to the Croatia backers but the result while deserved did change on that fluky goal by Jelavic. At 1-1 it was game on and looked like anyone's game not to mention the first Croatia goal was quite strange, you don't see a goal like that very often.

Re: Ireland v Croatia > June 10 The Irish are buying every excuse in the book.. Listening to the radio & reading the press today they absolutely slated Given for the 1st & 3rd goals, blamed Trapp for anti-football tactics which got them to the Euros in the first place, for the first time in who knows how many years, the second goal was apparently offside etc etc. You are not as good as you thought u were. /thread :eyes

Re: Ireland v Croatia > June 10 Having backed Ireland on the handicap I can't say they were unlucky. Croatia were a different class, even though the game could have panned out differently if Keane had got that penalty. I was expecting Ireland to be water tight in defence, as they were in qualifying (the first half at home to Russia being the only exception); they weren't and this was their downfall ultimately, as they were never likely to score 3 goals. Croatia were much better than I thought they would be, they didn't impress me that much in qualifying but perhaps I didn't watch them enough. Perhaps the lesson is to watch the first group games without putting too many bets on.