Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [Bucharest, Romania]

Upcoming Matches [TABLE=class: tableData, width: 1513]

[TR] [TH=class: leftPad title, bgcolor: #0682C7, colspan: 3, align: left]Match Betting[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #0682C7, align: center]1[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #0682C7, align: center]X[/TH] [TH=bgcolor: #0682C7, align: center]2[/TH] [TH=class: leftPad title, bgcolor: #0682C7, colspan: 4, align: left][/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: rowOdd] [TD=class: leftPad, align: left]09 May[/TD] [TD=class: leftPad, align: left]19:45 UK[/TD] [TD=class: leftPad, align: left]Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao[/TD] [TD=align: center]2.40[/TD] [TD=align: center]3.20[/TD] [TD=align: center]3.00[/TD] [TD=align: center]+ 184 Bets[/TD] [TD=align: center]video.gif?ver=030e02cde721edb17cb36f41e313e1a9[/TD] [TD=align: center]stats.gif?ver=030e02cde721edb17cb36f41e313e1a9[/TD] [TD=align: center]add-event.gif?ver=030e02cde721edb17cb36f41e313e1a9[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Is this where we post the comments about the final?
I've opened a thread, mate!

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [in Bucharest, Romani We got two completely different teams here. Did anyone notice that no central player of Atletico Madrid has any assists? It's flank players only. They have a simple game plan, they play through the flanks and cross the ball to Falcao. Even the 2nd forward, Adrian, is looking to pass to Falcao. Since their standard right back is injured they're even crazy enough to put a winger, Juanfran, on right back. Everything is targeted towards making a cross for Falcao. It's the price they've paid when selling Kun Aguero, who is the kind of player who creates his own chances, and buying Falcao, who needs the team to work for him. So, gradually during the season, they went to extremes and now the entire team is working for him. Athletic Bilbao is more dangerous IMO. Or at least the danger is coming from more sides. Iker Muniain is an awesome player, Suaseta is great on the other wing, they all play offensively and are very creative. Llorente, unlike Falcao, does give assists. Muniain and Suaseta are therefore helping with the scoring. Atletico Madrid, on the other hand, is a one-trick pony. My bets: Athletic Bilbao to win, 3.200, Betfair Athletic Bilbao (0), 2.310, Pinnacle Sports Both to score, 1.750, Expekt I can't post images for some reason so here is a link to the lineups.

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [in Bucharest, Romani Today it's the Europa League's final match, between two Spanish teams. Atletico Madrid is second time in the final in two years (2010 and now). Bilbao in seven away ground matches for Europa League, managed to have an over 2.5 goals score 6 times. I wait for an over 3.5 goals scpre and the first goal will be scored in the first half

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [in Bucharest, Romani Over 2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Both teams have shown that they like to attack in this competition, and even though it is the final, doubt that changes here. In Atletico Madrid's 18 matches in the Europa League this season, they have scored in all but one of these games. In their last 9 matches, even though they have allowed goals in 6 of these 9 games, as the opposition gets better, they have managed to score at least two goals in 7 of these games, and have gone over in 7 of these 9 matches. For Athletic Bilbao, they scored in 14 of their 15 matches in the EL, and scored at least two goals in 10 of these matches, but not only did they concede in 11 of these games, but they allowed at least two goals in 7 of these games, with 9 of their last 10 games going over. They have gone over in 3 of their last 4 meetings in the Primera Liga, but with this game being played in Romania, then away form coming into this. Atletico Madrid have won each of their last 5 games in the EL, and have with 3 of these games going over while Athletic Bilbao won 2 and drew 3 of their last 5 games in the EL, with each of these games going over as both sides scored. Like both teams to score here, and can see both sides scoring a second to send it over. Hard to pick a winner given that they have each won 3 of their last 6 meetings in the Primera Liga but like their to be goals in it.

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [in Bucharest, Romani Euro-League Soccer » UEFA Cup 2012-05-09 18:45 GMT Atletico Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao (played on neutral arena in Bucharest - ROM) The graph odds are too symmetric and I'll go for a draw in regular time. (An over 2.5 goals could be an option too). With few hours before starting time, the odds movement were: 7163660862_6dc86a4699.jpg7163661790_616751663c.jpg7163662352_04bb25ea18.jpg For viewing the further odds movement, please consider to visit: Atletico Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [in Bucharest, Romani

We got two completely different teams here. Did anyone notice that no central player of Atletico Madrid has any assists? It's flank players only. They have a simple game plan, they play through the flanks and cross the ball to Falcao. Even the 2nd forward, Adrian, is looking to pass to Falcao. Since their standard right back is injured they're even crazy enough to put a winger, Juanfran, on right back. Everything is targeted towards making a cross for Falcao. It's the price they've paid when selling Kun Aguero, who is the kind of player who creates his own chances, and buying Falcao, who needs the team to work for him. So, gradually during the season, they went to extremes and now the entire team is working for him. Athletic Bilbao is more dangerous IMO. Or at least the danger is coming from more sides. Iker Muniain is an awesome player, Suaseta is great on the other wing, they all play offensively and are very creative. Llorente, unlike Falcao, does give assists. Muniain and Suaseta are therefore helping with the scoring. Atletico Madrid, on the other hand, is a one-trick pony.
What your describing is each teams style of play. Atleti want to defend and play counter attacking football, while Bilbao want to possess the ball and utilise their creativity. It should not be surprising therefore that each teams assists come about in the way you describe. Of course by playing a certain way you make sacrifices to your defence or your attack, so neither style IMO is better then the other. Your also being a little bit unfair on Adrian who has played really well this season alongside Falcao, yes creating for Falcao but also creating his own chances as well. Should be a fascinating battle, but I personally like Atleti to take out the cup. After all don't they say defence wins you championships?

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] Europa league Final Athletic Bilbao vs Atletico Madrid. Wow, it has been a whole year since last year's final in Dublin. Villas Boas then was winning everything with Porto, and now has been through and gone at Chelsea. Falcao was the man of the match last year, and since leaving Porto to Atletico Madrid over the summer for a big money move after recent departures to the likes of Aguero and Forlan, he has been prolific. With Porto and the partnership with Hulk under Villas Boas, they were simply unstoppable. I questioned his price tag and his adaptation to a tougher Spanish league in the £35m move, but he has proved himself more than worthy, scoring regularly in Europe and in the domestic league. For Atletico, it is their second visit to the final in 3 years. I was a great fan of the team that contained the likes of Aguero, Forlan and De Gea in 2010; where they beat Fulham in Hamburg.No doubt Spanish and Portuguese teams have a pedigree in recent years. Bilbao caught my attention with their superb performance at Old Trafford. They generally dominated the match away from home, and United were all over the place despite having a strong lineup. That win over two legs gave them the momentum to reach the final, defeating the likes of a stubborn Sporting side who disposed of tournament favourites Manchester City. Llorente scored the goal for them that proved decisive against Sporting to break the deadlock at 3 - 3 on aggregate with the score at 2 - 1. It was a very emotional evening for Bilbao and their fans. Hungry for success, a win here will probably mean more for their Copa del Rey final against Barcelona later this month. Both clubs being in a compact mid table in La Liga, there isn't much to separate these two sides. A win apiece in the league, though Atletico Madrid still have a chance to make next year's Champions league, needing a win on the final day for a chance to clinch 4th spot from Malaga, the season's surprise package who are two points ahead of them. Bisela have had the chance to rest his players over the weekend, and will choose his strongest possible lineup with no reservations. Atletico won't have such luxuries, and there must surely be some reservations from Diego Simeone. I was thinking there will be tighter odds on this game, but already slightly favourites Atletico have shortened further. Bilbao can comfortable cover a +0.25 Asian Handicap, which is very generous imo. Bilbao +0.25 188Bet 1.930 10/10 Bilbao 9/4 BetVictor 4/10

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] I think I'm going to go for over 3.5 in this one. Between the two teams they have played 16 games in the knockout phases so far and only 3 of them have had less than 2.5 goals. That taken into account and the fact that any time I've seen either play this year I've been very impressed with their attacking play so I can see a high scoring game. I would take the 2.5 but I am confident that pushing it out to 3.5 isn't too much of a stretch. I'm not sure who to call yet but can see 2-2 or maybe 3-1 scoreline. Bilbao vs A.Madrid Over 3.5 @11/5 Ladbrokes

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] Lay Atletico @ 2.4 (1.71) Nobody can deny the Madrid side are flying under Simeone in this competition, winning all eight under him, including impressive wins in Besiktas, Hannover and Valencia. Even so, I like Bilbao. Their results haven't been as impressive overall, but they've played some delightful football to this point and created a real buzz, and I think their name is on the trophy.

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] Europa League Final, Bucharest - Romania, National Arena - 22:45 Atl. Madrid (Esp) vs Atl. Bilbao (Pais Vasco-Esp) Pick: Atl. Bilbao Corners Over 5.5 / Odds: 1.85 / Bookie: Bwin / Stake: 8 Bet365 / Odds: 1.80 Preview: We suggest you today not to predict the outcome of the duel, and deliver to the fact that players from the Athletic Bilbao will add more than 5.5 corners in the match. We will not lay it on the back burner and just look at the statistics. Most of the current round of Europa League Atletico Madrid in 14 matches allowed rivals to file 67 corner kicks (an average of 4.79 corners per match). Athletic same in 14 matches gained 88 corner kicks (an average of 6.29 corners per match). As the match will take place on neutral field - in Romania, would be appropriate to note that outside of their stadium Atletico Madrid in 7 games of the Europa League on the road has allowed opponents to file a corner kick 39 times (average 5.57 per match), as for Athletic Bilbao in the 7 games away from home a corner kicks got 37 (an average of 5.29 corners per match). As you can see, Marcelo Bielsa players got a considerable amount of corners compared to Atl. Madrid. Let's look at the last face to face meetings of tems and the number of corners. Full-time meetings: 21.03.12 Atletico - Athletic Bilbao 5:5 (3:0) 27.10.11 Athletic Bilbao - Atletico 10:7 (7:1 ) 30.01.11 Atletico - Athletic Bilbao 3:6 (1:3) 11.09.10 Athletic Bilbao - Atletico 6:1 (3:1) 25.03.10 Atletico - Athletic Bilbao 7:7 (4:4) 31.10.09 Athletic Bilbao - Atletico 5:5 (3:3) We see that our seelction has won 4 times in last 6 games, and even it is worth noting that twice Athletic Bilbao remained on the verge of breaking through our total over the angular strokes, giving a 2 games with exact 5 corners! In general, were indicative of Atletico Madrid semi-final meeting with Valencia. The fact that the Athletic style of play is similar to the same Valencia, the same swift flanking attacks with permanent tents on a striker who performs the role of "pillars": in Valencia - lone striker Soldado, the Athletic Bilbao - the killer with cold blood, is Llorente. Let's look at how played Atletico Madrid with Valencia, look at the games from the perspective of corner strokes: Europa 2009/2010 season at the stage of quarter finals 01.04.10 Valencia - Atletico 11:7 (5:6) 08.04.10 Atletico - Valencia 5:6 (3:3) Europa League season 2011/2012 Stage 1/2 finals 19.04.12 Atletico - Valencia 8:4 (6:3) 26.04.12 Valencia - Atletico 10:2 (6:0) As we can see, in 3 matches Valencia punched exhibited total over 5.5 angle of impact in games against Atletico. We believe that players Athletic Bilbao on the forces and break now total over 5.5 corners in one game. In general, spanish clubs are no different to playing excellent defense, focusing primarily on attacking football. Clubs are well aware of each other, and then spend the time to lose, and will not be from the first minute rush into battle. If Madrid 2 years ago, has already won the Europa League, the Athletic Bilbao such high profile victories in its history, in general, was not, it is an unique chance, and from what I saw from theyr players interviews today on TV, they look very confident can win. So now every Bilbao player on the field will give everything 100% to wi, and to win you need to attack. In Bilbao the attack and angular strokes going side by side in one leg. Trust the power of an attack on itself Marcelo Bielsa felt such giants as Manchester United (in the game on the road and win 3-2 Athletic filed 8 corner kicks) and Schalke 04 (4-2 away victory and Athletic corner has filed 7). Last games Atletico: 05.05.12 Atletico - Malaga 8:5 (1:3) 02.05.12 Atletico - Real Sociedad 6:10 (3:3) 26.04.12 Valencia - Atletico 10:2 (6:0) 22.04.12 Atletico - Espanyol 6:5 (3:1) 19.04.12 Atletico - Valencia 8:4 (6:3) Last games Athletic Bilbao: 02.05.12 Athletic Bilbao - Real Madrid 4:8 (4:4) 26.04.12 Athletic Bilbao - Sporting 11:6 (4:4) 19.04.12 Sporting - Athletic Bilbao 4:4 (2:2) 15.04.12 Athletic Bilbao - Mallorca 7:5 (4:2) 08.04.12 Athletic Bilbao - Sevilla 4:3 (4:2) Put safely to the fact that in today's final, Athletic Bilbao will be offered for the match more than 5.5 corners.

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] Difficult to pick a favourite, but this one has goals in it imo.. Europa League matches normally produce plenty of goals, both of these teams have scored in each of their last 10 matches in the competition :) GL with the picks everyone!

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania]

Difficult to pick a favourite, but this one has goals in it imo.. Europa League matches normally produce plenty of goals, both of these teams have scored in each of their last 10 matches in the competition :) GL with the picks everyone!
Falcao, with some amazing finishing made the difference.. 100% profit ;)

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania]

Europa league Final Athletic Bilbao vs Atletico Madrid. Wow, it has been a whole year since last year's final in Dublin. Villas Boas then was winning everything with Porto, and now has been through and gone at Chelsea. Falcao was the man of the match last year, and since leaving Porto to Atletico Madrid over the summer for a big money move after recent departures to the likes of Aguero and Forlan, he has been prolific. With Porto and the partnership with Hulk under Villas Boas, they were simply unstoppable. I questioned his price tag and his adaptation to a tougher Spanish league in the £35m move, but he has proved himself more than worthy, scoring regularly in Europe and in the domestic league. For Atletico, it is their second visit to the final in 3 years. I was a great fan of the team that contained the likes of Aguero, Forlan and De Gea in 2010; where they beat Fulham in Hamburg.No doubt Spanish and Portuguese teams have a pedigree in recent years. Bilbao caught my attention with their superb performance at Old Trafford. They generally dominated the match away from home, and United were all over the place despite having a strong lineup. That win over two legs gave them the momentum to reach the final, defeating the likes of a stubborn Sporting side who disposed of tournament favourites Manchester City. Llorente scored the goal for them that proved decisive against Sporting to break the deadlock at 3 - 3 on aggregate with the score at 2 - 1. It was a very emotional evening for Bilbao and their fans. Hungry for success, a win here will probably mean more for their Copa del Rey final against Barcelona later this month. Both clubs being in a compact mid table in La Liga, there isn't much to separate these two sides. A win apiece in the league, though Atletico Madrid still have a chance to make next year's Champions league, needing a win on the final day for a chance to clinch 4th spot from Malaga, the season's surprise package who are two points ahead of them. Bisela have had the chance to rest his players over the weekend, and will choose his strongest possible lineup with no reservations. Atletico won't have such luxuries, and there must surely be some reservations from Diego Simeone. I was thinking there will be tighter odds on this game, but already slightly favourites Atletico have shortened further. Bilbao can comfortable cover a +0.25 Asian Handicap, which is very generous imo. Bilbao +0.25 188Bet 1.930 10/10 Bilbao 9/4 BetVictor 4/10
- 14 units "Bilbao were very shaky and slow to get going in the first 10 minutes, kept losing possession and were ultimately punished by a wonderful Falcao strike when the defender didn't do his homework to first let him come in rather than force him wide, then slip over at the vital moment. You can't say Atletico didn't deserve their 2 - 0 lead going into half time, though it was two superb finishes by Falcao. In the second half, Blackpool were also leading 0 - 2, and I thought at least I'm not doing too badly. Bilbao created a ton of chances and swarmed around the Atletico penalty area, none of it converted, only for Diego to seal the win late on on the break. Typical. Having backed Blackpool in the other game they give away a two goal lead."

Difficult to pick a favourite, but this one has goals in it imo.. Europa League matches normally produce plenty of goals, both of these teams have scored in each of their last 10 matches in the competition :) GL with the picks everyone!
Falcao' date=' with some amazing finishing made the difference.. 100% profit ;)[/quote'] 100% profit on what? You never actually made a pick. How ****e were Bilbao? Hope all the people that were wanking them off after their win against a disinterested United side were tuned in. Hope Roy was watching too. Very straightforward, when it comes to beating your Barca's, Bilbao's, Spains, or to at least giving yourself a good chance: defend sensibly, and wait for the mistakes, of which they will be many. No Spanish sides can defend, it's amazing how they do so well.

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] spot on Kavkaz..they got 8 corners..i was getting abit worried after first half was only 2 for them and by 60 mins it was done..6 corners :) awesome work m8...keep it going :ok

Re: Europa League Final 09/05 Atlético Madrid - Athletic Bilbao [bucharest, Romania] Final score 3-0. (Atletico Madrid - Atletic Bilbao) The over 2.5 was a good choice. Falcao will be bought by some bigger and stronger team in the near future.

100% profit on what? You never actually made a pick. How ****e were Bilbao? Hope all the people that were wanking them off after their win against a disinterested United side were tuned in.
Standard bet on "goals" is normally OVER 2.5 goals, which yesterday was priced around evens If you even followed any of my previous posts, you would clearly see that I don't necessarily quote odds from the bookies OR write down my picks, I just try point those reading the forums in what I believe is the right direction. ;)