Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Looks quite underish at first glance. There'll be changes, and issues of fatigue I imagine. On paper you'd expect a dour affair. Might be worth taking Liverpool. Sure they'll want revenge, and a win in their last home game. Similar performance from Chelsea to the Newcastle one perhaps?

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Hello! New member here (new to betting as well). I think a significant thing here is that Newcastle and Tottenham (not to mention Arsenal) have dropped points on the weekend, so Chelsea will be going for win, as fourth (and even third) place is still a possibility. The difference with the Newcastle one was that they didn't start many key players (Drogba, Lampard, Mata, Cole) because of the FA cup. The Champions league is about two weeks away, so I doubt they will be resting players for that. Anyway, I've £60 accumulator bet which will return £570 if Chelsea wins. Any tips for covering that (or insuring profit)? EDIT: I have read the forum bit more and I think I might have misunderstood the way things work around here with the above question. If so, please let me know.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May its been a dissapointing season for liverpool in the league,bet its a long time since they failed to score in 5 home games including the last two home games,with the cup final defeat still in their minds ime going to buy liverpool goals on the spreads for 16.also 2 or 3 total goals at evens both with spreadex.so a 3-0 liverpool win would do nicely.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Agree with what's been posted above. Liverpool's home form has been nothing short of horrendous, and for a club of their size and spending one wonders how Dalglish and many of the current playing squad will keep their jobs once the owners review the season. The loss in the FA Cup will have really dragged the morale at Anfield to even lower depths and I can see a game with both sides going through the motions. Chelsea may well rest a few players, but as Roberto Di Matteo has proven, it doesn't seem to matter, they still play their tight effective defensive style which is hard to break down - see Arsenal away game. It's difficult to see how an attack that has struggled so much will be able to break down this Chelsea team, while Chelsea will be content with sitting back and trying to nick a goal on the break. H2H shows these games always to be tightly contested affairs and I see no change here. Some people may argue that Liverpool will be motivated by revenge, or this being their last game of the season to get a win, but if you've watched Liverpool games this season, there have been countless occasions for them to respond to bad results and they have failed to do so. Thinking they will do so now to me is more reflective of wishful thinking and blind faith then a sound betting approach. So with the above in mind I have gone with. Back CS 0-0 @ 13 (Betfair) Back Under 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Betfair) Back Chelsea +0.75 AH @ 2.05 (Betfair) GL.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May

Hello! New member here (new to betting as well). I think a significant thing here is that Newcastle and Tottenham (not to mention Arsenal) have dropped points on the weekend, so Chelsea will be going for win, as fourth (and even third) place is still a possibility. The difference with the Newcastle one was that they didn't start many key players (Drogba, Lampard, Mata, Cole) because of the FA cup. The Champions league is about two weeks away, so I doubt they will be resting players for that. Anyway, I've £60 accumulator bet which will return £570 if Chelsea wins. Any tips for covering that (or insuring profit)? EDIT: I have read the forum bit more and I think I might have misunderstood the way things work around here with the above question. If so, please let me know.
:welcome to PL. Have a read of the rules, and please remember to quote odds and bookmaker when making a selection :ok

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Liverpool will probably end up resting a few players that started the cup final. Was probably the first cup final I've missed in about 15 years, so I don't know how well they've played. But I'd suggest the value is on Chelsea. Purely because Liverpool have had a dire season, were probably building their hopes on doing the cup double, and are now faced with their season at an end. Chelsea still have 5th to fight for, and because their goal difference is so superior to Newcastle three points here could be vital. Liverpool rested players against Fulham and were poor. Can't see them putting a shift in here as the players that Liverpool can bring in just aren't up to the job, and they haven't replaced Gerrard or Carragher yet with anyone that has any sort of quality, or fight.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May The FA Cup final just ended and both finalists will meet again after three days in a Premier league match although they can not change anything in the table. I expect a big lack of motivation from both sides and I believe that the most valuable bet here is a draw. The last time a draw between these two sides in a Premier league match occured quite a while ago, before four years, and I believe we are at the right time and place to take this option to happen again. The reasons are simple: Chelsea and Liverpool have met three days ago in a much more at stake match and it had enough goals and action to prove which team currently is better, Chelsea are looking forward to the final of Champions league and in the Premier league table both sides don't have anything to fight for. Both should be happy with a 0-0 (most likely for me) or a 1-1 draw.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Liverpool @ 2.19 pinnacle With Chelsea looking likely to rest some of their players with the Champions League in mind, then it looks like a good opportunity for Liverpool to get something back from their loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup final. They are playing their last home game, and Anfield should be in full voice, and though Liverpool have been unusually poor at home this season, Chelsea have not been much better on the road. They still have a good team with plenty of experience, but are likely to be without several players, given that play this game just 3 days after winning the FA Cup, They have several players with niggling injuries, and as they have few players still out with injuries, then doubt that they risk further players not being ready for the CL final. Liverpool to get a win here, with Carroll to probably show what they missed out on, by not starting him in Sunday's game. Season record: 156-224 (-12.76)

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Just seen the teams but it doesn't change my confidence on this one. Despite Liverpool enjoying the bigger games, they've played all but Chelsea at Anfield this season and won only 5 games - three of those being against Wolves, QPR and Bolton. Chelsea are a completely different outfit with Di Matteo in charge and I'll take 13/5 on them all day long although given Liverpool's ability to draw half their home games, 11/4 looks appealing. The line up would may be suggest that Chelsea don't believe fourth place is achieveable but Liverpool look no better. Chelsea to win @ 13/5 (Boylesports) 2pts

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Doubt those odds are going to disappear and will probably lengthen depending on the Chelsea team line-up. Clearly this is a game where the two teams will have not much to play for. Chelsea would maintain they could still grab fourth but with Spurs having an tie you would expect them to win, Chelsea may view their best chance of getting into the CL would be by winning the trophy itself. I would be expecting a muted game from Chelsea after the weekend's exertions, and I still believed what I wrote in the FA Cup thread was pretty true, that Chelsea will still have the dominance over a rather weak Liverpool midfield. It was only when Liverpool threw Carroll on and started going direct that the big man caused a load of confusion in the box. Daglish will clearly fancy that starting Carroll and starting the game how they ended in the Cup Final will be the way to go about it, but IMO Chelsea will be much better prepared for it this time around. Genuinely expect the opposite of the Cup Final to occur tonight - Liverpool to press, with Chelsea expecting Liverpool to be out of the traps faster, to contain them and nick a goal on the break. Liverpool are quite low to lay (2.2) and are getting relatively good press despite the terrible run of results they are on. See this as being an unders game but with Chelsea possessing the quality, I can see them riding it out and getting the win. Gonna take 0-0 (14) and trade it in-running.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May Liverpool vs Chelsea Well, when Chelsea lost to Newcastle at home to Stamford Bridge, their top 4 aspirations took the critical blow. Since then though, Rivals Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal have all dropped points. Qualification through the league now looks possible, though they are slight underdogs. Winner the Champions league for them will be more likely, but if they beat Liverpool here and beat already relegated Blackburn at Stamford bridge on the last day, they are definitely in with a shout, though they will need their rivals to slip up on the last day. Nothing but a win will sustain this charge, and there is no worry if they get 4th spot, as of course it is them playing in the Champions league final. A repeat of the fixture on Saturday, in which Chelsea lifted the FA cup, where Di Matteo was only bought in "to help", and is now "helping himself" to the valuables. It was something both teams really wanted to win of course, and that defeat opens up criticism over Dalglish yet again. Perhaps two trophies over the cup wins will have covered up their miserable league form, though just a Carling cup looks incredibly thin for a season. Again, as said before, it is an improvement from last season; though again not enough considering the money that Liverpool have splashed out for success. Liverpool in the cup final on Saturday were very slow to get moving. They reminded me of a typical England performance, slow movement of the ball between the back 4 and playing with no real intent. Almost embarrassed to lose possession or if an ambitious pass goes stray. Chelsea looked more comfortable and were clinical in their finishes. Liverpool came back in the second half after the introduction of Carroll. He was unlucky to not score a brace after that ball was cleared off the line. It was more of a goal that was given for Chelsea in their semi final against Tottenham. Though the whole of the ball didn't cross the line, it was incredibly unlucky that he did not score. Liverpool themselves will be going for a win as well, with a draw meaningless to both teams as mentioned before. Betwise, I initially wanted to back Liverpool at 2.50 just yesterday. Dawdled for a day and the odds have become a poultry 2.20. That margin I need. However, at 2.20, I just cannot find enough value on to back. I thought the draw odds were rather high still considered the dynamics of the game. Both teams are very capable of holding out a result and a goal fest is not usually expected for games like these. Laying the draw probably has some value in my calculations, but I dislike "negative" bets of that nature at low odds. That points value on Chelsea. I know there is a Champions league final coming up, but thats after the Blackburn game on the final day of the Premier league, the 13th may. The final is a week after that on the 19th. I think that is plenty of time for Chelsea to recover along with their experience. I think if they fail to qualify for the Champions league through the league and lose the final in Munich, It will be a major blow to them, espeically not having Champions league football next season. They need to give this a go in the league and win this game. Liverpool still have long term absentees Adam and Lucas, whilst Terry and Ivanovic will tie up in defense again in the absence of Luiz and Cahill. Chelsea 5/2 188Bet, BetVictor, WilliamHill 10/10

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May A bridge too far for the team from Stamford Bridge, who have had a gruelling schedule recently. But Liverpool will also be resting players. While Chelsea have a theoretical chance of a top 4 finish, they will really only have their mind on Munich. Given Liverpool's poor home form, and their draws with all and sundry, the draw at 3.7 with Bet Chronicle seems far too long. The Dublin layers normally know what they are doing, and probably do not expect much money on this outcome. You should get on while the price is still there.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May A difficult game to call. You'd fancy that Chelsea might be suffering a hangover (possibly literally as well as metaphorically) after the FA Cup final win and might struggle to rouse themselves for this fixture. A top four finish is still possible but unlikely, and they've played a lot of games lately, so you could forgive them not giving 100% here, and putting their eggs in the Champions League final basket. That said, I can't back Liverpool @ 2.2, with their home record, and the fact they may struggle to be up for this game as well, with a largely disappointing season now over. I would normally price the home win @ 2.5, but in the circumstances I think 2.3 is fair, considering the revenge factor, and Chelsea's fatigue. Therefore the value is still on Chelsea +0.5 (AH) @ 1.83 with 188bet. I also think there is value on unders, @ 2.1 with Betfair. In the circumstances, I expect a cautious game along the lines of what garyfinny and others have said on here, with Chelsea looking to nick a goal on the break rather than looking to attack from the off. Rather like the game at Arsenal. I just don't think Chelsea will have enough energy to press Liverpool from the start and to commit lots of players to going forward and then tracking back. Liverpool have been very underish at home this season, with there having been less goals at Anfield than at any other ground. And although there have been goals in the games between top clubs this season, I would imagine this is a short term statistical blip rather than something that will continue.

Re: Liverpool v Chelsea > 8 May People may be looking into this a little too much. I just love opposing everyone when it comes to betting.. :) Both managers with little if any pressure apart from the fact that both are trying to keep they're jobs for next season don't you agree? I think we might finally see "Big Andy" & Torres try and justify their pricetags.. With Euros around the corner, this could be an opportunity for one or two to try impress here tonight, with virtually nothing at stake. The wet surface should aid the pace of the game too. I fancy a few goals at Anfield tonight. GL ;)

People may be looking into this a little too much. I just love opposing everyone when it comes to betting.. :) Both managers with little if any pressure apart from the fact that both are trying to keep they're jobs for next season don't you agree? I think we might finally see "Big Andy" & Torres try and justify their pricetags.. With Euros around the corner, this could be an opportunity for one or two to try impress here tonight, with virtually nothing at stake. The wet surface should aid the pace of the game too. I fancy a few goals at Anfield tonight. GL ;)
Good shout mate. Liverpool were always going to go out and score more goals and commit men forward rather than grind out 3 points!

Liverpool vs Chelsea Well, when Chelsea lost to Newcastle at home to Stamford Bridge, their top 4 aspirations took the critical blow. Since then though, Rivals Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal have all dropped points. Qualification through the league now looks possible, though they are slight underdogs. Winner the Champions league for them will be more likely, but if they beat Liverpool here and beat already relegated Blackburn at Stamford bridge on the last day, they are definitely in with a shout, though they will need their rivals to slip up on the last day. Nothing but a win will sustain this charge, and there is no worry if they get 4th spot, as of course it is them playing in the Champions league final. A repeat of the fixture on Saturday, in which Chelsea lifted the FA cup, where Di Matteo was only bought in "to help", and is now "helping himself" to the valuables. It was something both teams really wanted to win of course, and that defeat opens up criticism over Dalglish yet again. Perhaps two trophies over the cup wins will have covered up their miserable league form, though just a Carling cup looks incredibly thin for a season. Again, as said before, it is an improvement from last season; though again not enough considering the money that Liverpool have splashed out for success. Liverpool in the cup final on Saturday were very slow to get moving. They reminded me of a typical England performance, slow movement of the ball between the back 4 and playing with no real intent. Almost embarrassed to lose possession or if an ambitious pass goes stray. Chelsea looked more comfortable and were clinical in their finishes. Liverpool came back in the second half after the introduction of Carroll. He was unlucky to not score a brace after that ball was cleared off the line. It was more of a goal that was given for Chelsea in their semi final against Tottenham. Though the whole of the ball didn't cross the line, it was incredibly unlucky that he did not score. Liverpool themselves will be going for a win as well, with a draw meaningless to both teams as mentioned before. Betwise, I initially wanted to back Liverpool at 2.50 just yesterday. Dawdled for a day and the odds have become a poultry 2.20. That margin I need. However, at 2.20, I just cannot find enough value on to back. I thought the draw odds were rather high still considered the dynamics of the game. Both teams are very capable of holding out a result and a goal fest is not usually expected for games like these. Laying the draw probably has some value in my calculations, but I dislike "negative" bets of that nature at low odds. That points value on Chelsea. I know there is a Champions league final coming up, but thats after the Blackburn game on the final day of the Premier league, the 13th may. The final is a week after that on the 19th. I think that is plenty of time for Chelsea to recover along with their experience. I think if they fail to qualify for the Champions league through the league and lose the final in Munich, It will be a major blow to them, espeically not having Champions league football next season. They need to give this a go in the league and win this game. Liverpool still have long term absentees Adam and Lucas, whilst Terry and Ivanovic will tie up in defense again in the absence of Luiz and Cahill. Chelsea 5/2 188Bet, BetVictor, WilliamHill 10/10
-10 units Forking hell initially wanted to back Liverpool at 2.50 as said before... until I waited too long and the odds changed... Ivanovic hit the bar one end before a huge slice of luck gave Liverpool the lead off an Essien own goal. I can't stand this anymore!

its been a dissapointing season for liverpool in the league' date='bet its a long time since they failed to score in 5 home games including the last two home games,with the cup final defeat still in their minds ime going to buy liverpool goals on the spreads for 16.also 2 or 3 total goals at evens both with spreadex.so a 3-0 liverpool win would do nicely.[/quote']sacrificed the total goal bet,more than made up for it with the liverpool goals settled at 50.

Good shout mate. Liverpool were always going to go out and score more goals and commit men forward rather than grind out 3 points!
Hope it helped. Didn't really capitalise on my instincts myself though :\