** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May My initial thought was to take Wigan due to their good recent form, but decided not to since they have lost their last 4 away games against Blackburn. Both teams are fighting against relegation but without doing calculation Blackburn will most likely be relegated if they lose here. For Wigan losing this game will not be the end of the world since they will be playing relegated Wolves at home in the last week of the season. So I that Wigan will play defensive football while Blackburn will attack from the first minute. In their last 4 home games against Wigan Blackburn won 2-1, 2-1, 2-0 and 3-1. So I have decided to go with goals in this one. Blackburn Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.10 (2 units) ​Bet365

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May Blackburn vs Wigan This is doomsday for Blackburn. They simply must win this fixture to have any hopes of staying up. Bloody heck this reminds me of Wigan vs West ham on the penultimate game of last season. Has it been a ******* year already? Aston Villa picked up a point, which sees them just about safe from relegation. With Bolton conceding that late goal vs West Brom, they are now favourites to get relegated. Wigan themselves are in a relatively comfortable position. A point here will see them safe, with Bolton having a much worse goal difference, even if Wigan lose on the last day to Wolves, Bolton will struggle to overtake Wigan. In reality, even if Wigan lose their last two games, they will still be favourites to stay up. Unless QPR parks the bus against City and somehow manages to grind out a draw, Bolton has to beat Stoke on the last day, which is definitely rather unlikely in terms of odds. However, Wigan will see this as a perfect opportunity to seal their survival for another season. The change in dynamics in the game with Blackburn needing all 3 points has shortened Wigan's odds, and rightly so. Starting with Wigan's form, its clear they have been the form team. That 4 - 0 win against Newcastle was absolutely incredible, and they looked good in all of their departments. Newcastle did come out and "show some pride" in the second half, with Cisse coming so close, but the result was never in doubt. Results before that hasn't been too shabby. Two last minute goals against Fulham and Chelsea to deny Wigan a point, and wins against Liverpool, Stoke, Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle followed in between. The introduction of Maloney into the squad has really made a difference. Wigan were unlucky before their good run with a series of draws against the likes of Norwich, West Brom, Aston Villa and Everton. They have been very hard to beat, especially playing with 3 center backs. Alot of credit has to be given to Martinez. He has bought in players for the future, and Wigan's current first choice squad looks unstoppable in their current form. Wigan fans should feel very optimistic about the future. Sure, Moses might go in the summer, but should he go, Wigan will receive a handsome figure, just like the departure of N'Zogbia, I'm sure the likes of Crusat can step up to his role and perhaps rotate with Maloney. Blackburn's recent run has been dreadful. After their series of wins a few months ago where they pulled clean, they have been dragged right back into it with a series of poor results. Relegation looks certain. I wasn't at all impressed by their tactics against Tottenham. Parking the bus is alright should you be happy with a draw. But even a draw wasn't enough. Kean needed to gamble against these big clubs like Wigan did. Who would have predicted away wins for Wigan at Anfield and the Emirates (Actually, I stuck a full bet on Wigan to beat Liverpool at Anfield at 12.50...)? Even after Blackburn went behind, there wasn't half a glimmer of a response. They were OK against Norwich the last time they were at home, but then things looked slightly healthier for them. In reality, they haven't done enough compared to their relegation rivals after the basement battle had been "stepped up." Losing to Liverpool at home 2 - 3 by a last minute goal compared to QPR's last minute 3 - 2 winner makes all the difference. Blackburn were very poor on the day. They went two goals behind in no time with ridiculous defensive mistakes for Liverpool to score. The penalty and dismissal of Doni changed things, but it was a slice of luck with the short back pass that lead to the penalty and the dismissal. So, what about the game? I think Kean has learn't his lesson and it will be all attack from the start. Blackburn need to win, and they need to win by a healthy margin. Goal difference counts double here and a 4 - 0 win compared to a 1 - 0 win has a huge difference. However, It seems it is too late. They are forced to attack for this game. Watching Wigan play, they look very calm and composed. Even away from home starting from the winner at Anfield, a 1 - 1 Draw against Norwich, and away to Arsenal they looked on top and knew how to grind out a result. They were unlucky against Chelsea to lose to two offside goals in a game they should have got something out of. And that is against the big clubs in desperation for points. In Chelsea and Arsenal's case, Champions league qualification. They fully deserved the win against Manchester United, and what would an United fan do for a point right now? They lost 2 - 1 at Craven Cottage to a last minute goal in a game they took the lead in. Fulham were the better side and deserved the win despite the goal coming in so late, however I agree with Martinez and the fact that the players are tired and this is just a game too far. Usually its a lame excuse managers use, but after playing Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United, it is more than a valid reason. They looked extremely sharp against Newcastle to respond, and they have had over a week to prepare for this game. I think the dynamics of the game will lead to Blackburn's downfall. Wigan will be very composed and organised from the start, and though Blackburn do have good players, they will be under enormous pressure from their home fans, and when things don't go their way and Wigan scores, things can only go downhill for them. It is not about pride anymore, it will be about everything they can do to survive, and going a goal down they will have to shove everyone forward to give themselves a chance. And that can only mean greater chance of conceding. Their fans will make sure of it, even though they are against the manager and the owners, it won't be pretty. Wigan have organised their biggest away support of the season for this game. I expect them t be very comfortable with a lot of their fans present, something they are not used to having being in a small town. Therefore I'm going for a handicap at big odds. Though things can easily go Blackburn's way, I think the dynamics of the game will give good value on a big Wigan handicap, and has definite long term value. Both managers have a fully fit squad to select from, with all doubts available, aside from the long term absentees. Wigan -1.5 5/1 BetVictor 10/10 Wigan -2.5 12/1 Stanjames 5/10 Over 4.5 goals WilliamHill 6/1 10/10

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May After witnessing a few of Wigan's recent games the thing that jumps out at me is how good they are in the final third all of a sudden. The passing and movement is crisp and Di Santo and Moses look very dynamic. Also Beausejour is a key cog in their midfield. Just imagine if they had played like this all season. I think Martinez is an infinitely better manager than Kean and will be saying to his players why stress at home to Wolves on the last day who will play with no pressure, when they can take advantage of a nervous Blackburn team today. This is a team in a must win situation against a team under less pressure to get 3 points (one point would even be handy for Wigan here) who is full of confidence after winning at Anfield and the Emirates so a trip to Ewood won't exactly fill them with fear. Plus if Blackburn aren't playing well the fans might just turn on them and create a negative atmosphere... Think Wigan have to be back to take something from this game... + 0 or +0.5 :hope

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May Wigan @ 2.59 pinnacle Blackburn have won just once in their last 7 EPL games, and have conceded at least two goals in each of their losses, while they have scored in just 3 of these last 7 games. Wigan on the other hand, have won 5 of their last 7 games, and have scored at least two goals in 4 of their 5 wins, while they have conceded just 5 goals in these games. They have an opportunity to seal their stay in the EPL with a win here, and like them to do so, as Blackburn have been pretty poor defensively. While this could turn into a high scoring game, believe that Wigan have come good at the right time, and as such, have the form on the board to win this. Season record: 155-224 (-14.35)

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May It's all over for Blackburn tonight. Many people are expecting them to come out fighting and to take it to the last day but I can't see it myself. The reality of the situation is that Rovers will be playing in the championship next season and I don't think I have ever seen a club more deserving of it. Yes, Blackburn can survive another few days with a win today but let's get real for a minute here. Even if they win they also need to beat Chelsea away next week. They need to score at least 7 goals without conceding and they need QPR, Bolton, Wigan not to get anything from their games. It's clear and I think the players have all but given up. They have been toothless for most of the season and last week against Spurs was a new low. Ewood Park will be like a time bomb tonight. As soon as Wigan score a goal the fans are going to erupt with protests and produce a hugely negative atmosphere. Wigan have the quality to break a suspect Rovers defence which has shipped 15 goals in the last 7 games. Rovers will have no option but to attack even after conceding a goal and I think this is where Wigan can punish them on the counter attack and score again. If Wigan were already safe I'd go for the over 2.5 goals but seen as they have a massive away following travelling to the game (including quite a few Burnley fans) and the fact they can confirm their safety with a win plus their recent form and attacking quality. I simply can't see them not scoring at least 2 goals tonight and Blackburn deservedly going down with a whimper. Wigan over 1.5 goals at 2.2 with StanJames - 8/10

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May [h=1]Blackburn - Wigan [/h]In the round 37 of England Premier Blackburn hosts Wigan at Ewood Park Stadium. Home team is at the 19th position on the table and visitors are 16th. Blackburn have goal difference 47-75 and their opponents have 38-60. In last 10 matches home team covered this line 9 times and in the last 10 matches away team covered this line 8 times. In line with presented stats the best tip is to bet on number of goals. The line 2 or 3 goals has nice odds and it cover draw result 1:1 or win of any team 2:0, 2:1 or 3:0. You must agree these results are very frequently outcome for the football match. believe in this bet.

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May

It's all over for Blackburn tonight. Many people are expecting them to come out fighting and to take it to the last day but I can't see it myself. The reality of the situation is that Rovers will be playing in the championship next season and I don't think I have ever seen a club more deserving of it. Yes, Blackburn can survive another few days with a win today but let's get real for a minute here. Even if they win they also need to beat Chelsea away next week. They need to score at least 7 goals without conceding and they need QPR, Bolton, Wigan not to get anything from their games. It's clear and I think the players have all but given up. They have been toothless for most of the season and last week against Spurs was a new low. Ewood Park will be like a time bomb tonight. As soon as Wigan score a goal the fans are going to erupt with protests and produce a hugely negative atmosphere. Wigan have the quality to break a suspect Rovers defence which has shipped 15 goals in the last 7 games. Rovers will have no option but to attack even after conceding a goal and I think this is where Wigan can punish them on the counter attack and score again. If Wigan were already safe I'd go for the over 2.5 goals but seen as they have a massive away following travelling to the game (including quite a few Burnley fans) and the fact they can confirm their safety with a win plus their recent form and attacking quality. I simply can't see them not scoring at least 2 goals tonight and Blackburn deservedly going down with a whimper. Wigan over 1.5 goals at 2.2 with StanJames - 8/10
Good write-up and you're obviously an informed Rovers fan, but it would seem a bit odd to me that the players would of given up, in regards to potential results. They went to Old Trafford and won, and drew at Anfield. Chelsea may well rotate next week and I couldn't rule out a win completely. Chelsea are overrated right now, imo. Also, they expect Bolton to win at Stoke, and QPR to get something at City? Also, am I missing something about the Wigan support? One man and a dog is usually at their home games, so where are all these fans coming from tonight?

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May Blackburn DNB 2.2 vs Wigan Bfair Wigan are on good form yes, but for me shouldn't be priced so low against a team that will be down if they don't win this. Blackburn have a better home record than most of the bottom lot (better win ratio than even losing cup finallist Liverpool). One of the key reasons to Wigan's resurgence is their formation and the fact they have played many of the top teams. Granted, that we cannot assume complacency, but what we can admit is how much space these teams gave Wigan who were the worst goalscorers in the division up to a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if Wigan would be physically up to Blackburn's hustle and bustle especially as they have been used to teams in the last few weeks playing on-the-ground football...I see them struggling against the home sides physical, direct style so home bet with draw cover here. :hope

Re: Blackburn v Wigan > 7 May

Blackburn vs Wigan Wigan -1.5 5/1 BetVictor 10/10 Wigan -2.5 12/1 Stanjames 5/10 Over 4.5 goals WilliamHill 6/1 10/10
A disappointing evening. I expected more from Blackburn and it to be a much more open game similar to that of Swansea vs Wolves. Blackburn needed to win by a healthy margin and they never looked like they were going to get it. I was gambling on an early Wigan goal and it didn't come. They created enough chances to score, though. I really felt if one of the early chances had gone in the bets would have had a very good chance of coming in. -25 units Well done winners, Wigan deserved the win, even though the goal came late.