Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May My initial thought is that Norwich +2 (AH) @ around evens is the way to go, but Nowich have looked disinterested and end-of-season-ish ever since (predictably) playing out their skins at the Lane and beating us 2-1. Then again a game at Arsenal will surely be enough to rouse them from their apathy and inspire them to try and put in a similar performance to that one. Was wondering if any Norwich fans had any input, do you think your boys will take this seriously or just keel over?

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May I was also thinking about taking Norwich +2 AH, but what I have noticed this season is that Arsenal drop points when they don't necessarily need them, but when they do they deliver a good performance. Like for instance last week they drew away with Stoke but still remained 3rd in the table.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Norwich fan :p To be honest, I am a bit surprised at the Liverpool result, coming after the poor performance at Blackburn. Under The Messiah we pretty much have always bounced back after a bad defeat, and going in to ''on the beach mode'' seemed unlikely, but it may be the case. I think I'd be more focused on Arsenal really. Last home game, needing the points. Van Persie seems destined to net as well, to finish off the season he's had. Bookies certainly think goals are on the cards, I see Over 2.5 @ 1.36 on Bet365 :eek I would hope for an open game, and think goals are probably the way to go. I would expect us to lose by two at least, maybe 3-1.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May I've had a good read on our recent matches vs Chelsea(under) and Stoke(lay us), but this one seems a little trickier and I'm struggling to see value right now. Looking at our recent matches, the main problem for me has been the lack of goals - last 6 games for us: Stoke away 1-1 draw Chelsea home 0-0 draw Wigan home 1-2 loss Wolves away 3-0 win City home 1-0 win QPR away 1-2 loss Patchy form at best- 2wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats, only scored more than 1 in one of those 6 games and that was a banker at Wolves who were doomed and had a man sent off. I expect a win on Saturday but bookies are expecting a free-scoring game - UNDER 3.5 is priced @ 1.935 @ Pinnacle which gives you an idea. I mean I can see the possibility of a free-scoring game but IMO not alot of things point to that right now. Hate these bloody early kick-offs too, team usually half-asleep early on.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May

I've had a good read on our recent matches vs Chelsea(under) and Stoke(lay us), but this one seems a little trickier and I'm struggling to see value right now. Looking at our recent matches, the main problem for me has been the lack of goals - last 6 games for us: Stoke away 1-1 draw Chelsea home 0-0 draw Wigan home 1-2 loss Wolves away 3-0 win City home 1-0 win QPR away 1-2 loss Patchy form at best- 2wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats, only scored more than 1 in one of those 6 games and that was a banker at Wolves who were doomed and had a man sent off. I expect a win on Saturday but bookies are expecting a free-scoring game - UNDER 3.5 is priced @ 1.935 @ Pinnacle which gives you an idea. I mean I can see the possibility of a free-scoring game but IMO not alot of things point to that right now. Hate these bloody early kick-offs too, team usually half-asleep early on.
What I have noticed about Arsenal is that they are very inconsistent this season. Since it is their last home game this season and since Norwich have conceded so many goals I can see Arsenal producing a nice show here, but this is more like a gamble rather than a reasoned bet.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May 5th EPL Arsenal vs Norwich This has turned into a bit of a dodgy game for Arsenal. Arsenal fans were unhappy last season, and this season is no better, though providing the circumstances of the dreadful start, perhaps Gunner fans can be optimistic about next season. However, a Champions league spot isn't all guaranteed. With the likes of their North London rivals Tottenham just a point behind them in a potential 3 horsed race for 3rd spot, finishing fourth is very dangerous. And you'll need to turn into a Bayern Munich fan between the 13th of May and the Champions league final on the 19th. With games against Norwich and West Brom at the Hawthorns, Arsenal are of course favourites to win both games and take 3rd spot. Norwich on the other hand haven't got quite as much to fight for. They have been poor in recent games, and many teams in their spot have suffered the same end season problems. I am not entirely sure about if Norwich players get a share of the Premier league finishing money as extra incentive to win games, but I know Stoke who are in nearly the same position as Norwich don't. I was rather surprised at their performance at White Hart Lane, their last good performance. They really did deserve the win. Both teams went out to score goals and though Norwich rode their luck at times, so did Tottenham in all fairness. Perhaps that is the game to compare this fixture to. Both teams had similar incentives for a Champions league spot with Norwich themselves in a similar position. I feel this is a fixture for Norwich to relish and get something out of. A visit to the Emirates where the likes of Barcelona have fell victim to Arsenal's attacks should make this one to look forward to. Most of Norwich's squad were poached from lower league sides who have shown they can play at the highest level. When traveling this season around the big grounds they have showed plenty of fight, creating chances in their defeats against Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, scoring in two of the latter fixtures. They have also managed to get results from Liverpool and Tottenham, as mentioned before. Though this is a 'must win' game for Arsenal, they have really struggled against weak teams recently. Losing at home against Wigan ultimately is what will have caused them to lose their Champions league spot, should that ever happen. Wigan scored two good goals, but Arsenal were light at the back after Arteta's injury left a gaping hole in midfield that wasn't covered. However, Arsenal simply did not ralley towards the end and Wigan wasn't really under enormous pressure, even when Vermaelon pulled a goal back. In fact, Wigan had the better chances to extend their lead. You can again argue that at the time, 4 Champions league spot looked certain and they have more breathing room then, though performances are never guaranteed. Then it goes to the injury list of Arsenal. The departure of Fabregas had left a hole in midfield (4th of may, Cesc turns 25 today!

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Arsenal will be playing last game at home and they have everything to play for while Norwich are already thinking about next season, and Canaries have lost 4 out of their 5 away games against top 6 sides. However, they play decent football and they failed to score only in 28% of their away games this season. Arsenal are inconsistent but this season they managed to get a result when they needed it, so I expect them to get all 3 points here, but since their defense is not that great I can't see them keeping a clean sheet. Moreover, in the last 3 games between these two sides Both to Score bet would have won and I think the likelihood if this happening is more than the odds suggest. Both to Score @ 2.00 (2 units) ​William Hill

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May I've laid Arsenal @ 1.24 (Betfair) because I think it's simply too short here. True Arsenal's form has picked up towards the end of the season but the last few games they've not been in quite the same brilliant form that took them to 3rd in the league. With Arteta and Walcott both missing it may not be the goal fest that most people expect. Arteta being Arsenal's main creativity force in the centre and Walcott if not directly being involved in the game does at least stretch the play and give Arsenal players more time on the ball. With thoose two players missing it puts the goal burden heavily on Van Persie, although goals hasn't been a problem for him all season you obviously prefer a team that has multiple goal threats. I've also taken the Norwich (+2) @ 2.075 with (Bet 365) as cover and for my original bet.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May the under 3.5 goals 2.01 odds at the asians offer good value to me. wallcott and diaby are out. Both teams havent scored many in their recent games. I cant see norwich scoring in this game. and i can see arsenal or the game ending with 4 or more goals only about 40% of the time.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Arsenal -2 (EH) @ 2.40 sportsbet Arsenal still in the hunt for third spot so expect them to be very focused for this game. Norwich with little to play for and a long season for them in the EPL may be causing them to tire, as they have conceded 11 goals in losing their last 3 games. van Persie will be looking to continue his goalscoring form, and with the Norwich defence giving up goals, liek him to do so. Arsenal look too strong here Season record: 153-217 (-11.88)

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Taking a bit of a speculative one here... Half with most goals: 1st half @ 3.00 bet365 I went to the stoke arsenal game last week and was very impressed with Arsenal in the first half who could have had 3 goals with better finishing. If they are in that sort of form at home today they will be too hot for Norwich. I think the gooners will come out guns blazing and will definitely net at least 1 in the first half. If they do go in up at half time there is then less emphasis to score in the 2nd half and we may see the performance fade a bit. I don't think Norwich will have the quality to take it to arsenal and it may turn out to be an exercise in damage limitation. It's a speculative one but with the main markets offering little value, I think it's worth a nibble at a decent price.

Taking a bit of a speculative one here... Half with most goals: 1st half @ 3.00 bet365 I went to the stoke arsenal game last week and was very impressed with Arsenal in the first half who could have had 3 goals with better finishing. If they are in that sort of form at home today they will be too hot for Norwich. I think the gooners will come out guns blazing and will definitely net at least 1 in the first half. If they do go in up at half time there is then less emphasis to score in the 2nd half and we may see the performance fade a bit. I don't think Norwich will have the quality to take it to arsenal and it may turn out to be an exercise in damage limitation. It's a speculative one but with the main markets offering little value, I think it's worth a nibble at a decent price.
Just to add further weight to this bet... In arsenals last 10games(all competitions) 8 games have had most goals in the 1st half with just 1 game having more goals in the 2nd half. There is of course an element of luck with this type of bet. But 2nd half is always the favourite yet the stats show with arsenal that there is a clear favourite in most goals being in the 1st half. Even in their 7 goals thriller with spurs, 4 goals were in the first half when you would probably have expected more in the 2nd.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Have taken the Norwich +2 (AH) after all, now at 2.16 (188bet). I expect Arsenal to win this game but the odds are just too short. There is a chance that Norwich will turn up and put a shift in here and if they do I don't expect it to be easy for Arsenal. A +2 asian handicap is a difficult one to beat in this league and I simply think it is more likely that the game ends in either an Arsenal win by one goal, a draw or a Norwich win than it does in an Arsenal win by three goals or more.

Re: Arsenal v Norwich > 5 May Norwich @ 15.00 (Hills) Had a small go at this. As other posters have said, Arsenal price probably isn't correct. Also missing Walcott and Arteta. Taken mainly as I quite like the City line-up. Lappin up against Gervinho could go either way :lol but I think the front four of Bennett, Hoolahan, Holt and Jackson can cause a problem or two.

Arsenal will be playing last game at home and they have everything to play for while Norwich are already thinking about next season, and Canaries have lost 4 out of their 5 away games against top 6 sides. However, they play decent football and they failed to score only in 28% of their away games this season. Arsenal are inconsistent but this season they managed to get a result when they needed it, so I expect them to get all 3 points here, but since their defense is not that great I can't see them keeping a clean sheet. Moreover, in the last 3 games between these two sides Both to Score bet would have won and I think the likelihood if this happening is more than the odds suggest. Both to Score @ 2.00 (2 units) ​William Hill
Won after 10 minutes :)

5th EPL Arsenal vs Norwich This has turned into a bit of a dodgy game for Arsenal. Arsenal fans were unhappy last season, and this season is no better, though providing the circumstances of the dreadful start, perhaps Gunner fans can be optimistic about next season. However, a Champions league spot isn't all guaranteed. With the likes of their North London rivals Tottenham just a point behind them in a potential 3 horsed race for 3rd spot, finishing fourth is very dangerous. And you'll need to turn into a Bayern Munich fan between the 13th of May and the Champions league final on the 19th. With games against Norwich and West Brom at the Hawthorns, Arsenal are of course favourites to win both games and take 3rd spot. Norwich on the other hand haven't got quite as much to fight for. They have been poor in recent games, and many teams in their spot have suffered the same end season problems. I am not entirely sure about if Norwich players get a share of the Premier league finishing money as extra incentive to win games, but I know Stoke who are in nearly the same position as Norwich don't. I was rather surprised at their performance at White Hart Lane, their last good performance. They really did deserve the win. Both teams went out to score goals and though Norwich rode their luck at times, so did Tottenham in all fairness. Perhaps that is the game to compare this fixture to. Both teams had similar incentives for a Champions league spot with Norwich themselves in a similar position. I feel this is a fixture for Norwich to relish and get something out of. A visit to the Emirates where the likes of Barcelona have fell victim to Arsenal's attacks should make this one to look forward to. Most of Norwich's squad were poached from lower league sides who have shown they can play at the highest level. When traveling this season around the big grounds they have showed plenty of fight, creating chances in their defeats against Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, scoring in two of the latter fixtures. They have also managed to get results from Liverpool and Tottenham, as mentioned before. Though this is a 'must win' game for Arsenal, they have really struggled against weak teams recently. Losing at home against Wigan ultimately is what will have caused them to lose their Champions league spot, should that ever happen. Wigan scored two good goals, but Arsenal were light at the back after Arteta's injury left a gaping hole in midfield that wasn't covered. However, Arsenal simply did not ralley towards the end and Wigan wasn't really under enormous pressure, even when Vermaelon pulled a goal back. In fact, Wigan had the better chances to extend their lead. You can again argue that at the time, 4 Champions league spot looked certain and they have more breathing room then, though performances are never guaranteed. Then it goes to the injury list of Arsenal. The departure of Fabregas had left a hole in midfield (4th of may, Cesc turns 25 today! +30 units I had a right scare in the end, but as always i resisted the temptation. However, on the balance I think Norwich fully deserved the point. They could have scored more goals in the first half.

+30 units I had a right scare in the end, but as always i resisted the temptation. However, on the balance I think Norwich fully deserved the point. They could have scored more goals in the first half.
Even though I am disappointed as an Arsenal supporter, I have to say well done :ok

Even though I am disappointed as an Arsenal supporter' date=' I have to say well done :ok[/quote'] I used to support Arsenal until Cesc left. :'(, I know its not exactly being a loyal supporter but my support has dimmed since his departure. At least your bet won mate. :clap

I used to support Arsenal until Cesc left. :'(, I know its not exactly being a loyal supporter but my support has dimmed since his departure. At least your bet won mate. :clap
I supported Inter until they were involved in fixed game with Napoli last season. So, I think you can change teams if there is a good reason :)

I supported Inter until they were involved in fixed game with Napoli last season. So' date=' I think you can change teams if there is a good reason :)[/quote'] I'm gonna take fickle fandom to a new level then and stop supporting Norwich for not winning today :p Well done all winners, especially ThusPrider's 7.4 draw.

I'm gonna take fickle fandom to a new level then and stop supporting Norwich for not winning today :p
I assume you are from Norwich, unfortunately we don't have decent teams here so people support top sides from around Europe.