He's back.......

After 2 years off at the age of 12 Pawan is making a comeback for regular trainer Ann Stokell. The horse has an enormous cult following amongst horse racing fans up and down the country and tomorrow will be partnered by K Milczarek ( who recently served a ban for crooked practices ). Pawan runs off a mark of 55 , who hasn't run off a mark this low since the horse was a kid. I don't know whether its a betting proposition , probably not , however I see this jockey change as an attempt to acquaint a new jockey for a planned win later in the season. He races in the 810 Brighton tomorrow evening and I'm sure there will a piece in the Racing Post tomorrow due to his massive fan base.

Re: He's back.......

If they're planning a coup Ann should be riding with a stone overweight..........:unsure
Ann Stokoll hobby is not about making money or landing gambles , I'm sure that winning a race with Pawan will be more satisfying than any monetary returns.

Re: He's back....... It's very odd. Pawan's record is hardly the stuff of legends. It's won, what, 8 races out of 160 odd starts, yet, grown men and hardened gamblers un-explainably take it to their hearts. I felt the same about The Tatling. I had a real soft spot for that horse, even though the little sod cost me more than the odd shekel. I was over the moon when it won its last race before it was retired. A real fairy-tale and well-deserved ending. It makes ya think!

Re: He's back....... I think its become well known because the horse should have won more races than it has but Ann couldn't give the horse a proper ride. It probably could have won a half decent race at one stage. Will be interesting to see what ability he still has at 12 after 2 years off.

Re: He's back.......

How can a dead horse run in a race?
I don't know if the horse is dead or not . If it is dead why didn't people say the usual "..RIP..." sort of stuff like when Synchronized or Gray Pearl ( yesterday 1000 Guineas ) died. Do we value the life of a horse more if it is rated over 100 and not rate it if it is considerably less ? What warrant's the comment " ...RIP..." for Grey Pearl who only had 2 previous runs , not even a household name. I genuinely hope the horse is not dead , but if he is I think the silence may be down to the fact some people perceive it to be a " donkey " and also its trained by Ann Stokell who some on here don't rate.