Has Ferdy lost the plot?

Re: Has Ferdy lost the plot?

He seems like he cant be bothered anymore. I dont think its the job it once was anyway
I can't believe it. Reveley is useless. He should have actually made Lucy Alexander his number 1, she is a far better jock than he is.

I actually think James Reveley is a good young jockey who does very well on the Northern track boots plenty home. If he were my son not so sure i'd want him involved with dodgy Ferdy!
I think he is a rubbish jockey personally Ted. I can count 4-5 occasions in the past few weeks where he has fooked up. He does get winners because he is riding good horses for the grade, but i think he is very poor personally.

50 odd winners this year in Britain alone ain't to bad. We will beg do differ big lad:ok
About 26 of his 53 winners have been on favourites. I know he does get winners, but if you watch him in a race, he is poor.. All the top pundits also reckon he is a very poor jockey

I actually think James Reveley is a good young jockey who does very well on the Northern track boots plenty home. If he were my son not so sure i'd want him involved with dodgy Ferdy!
Totally agree , he's a promising jockey and i'm sure he will be top 10 jockey in years to come . This is only a stepping stone to better things. And agree that Ferdy is a bent character .

Re: Has Ferdy lost the plot? [TABLE=width: 95%, align: center]

[TR] [TD]J REVELEY[/TD] [TD]290[/TD] [TD]56[/TD] [TD]19.3%[/TD] [TD]83.3%[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] The AdrianMassey ratings don't exist any more but you can still use the stats bit of the website. These are the stats of Reveley when riding one of the first 3 in the betting, ie 19.3% of them win and his ROI is 83.3%. If you compare this with the average (20.7% win with a 88.8% ROI), then (stats wise) he's slightly worse than average. Incidentally a selection of those amongst the big names that would have poor returns would be Dane O'Neill, Andrew Thornton, R Mullen.

Funny you should mention that . It is an observation I too have noticed over the years. I'm pretty certain he featured in the Panorama or Kenyon Confronts programme about 10 years ago. He was secretly caught on camera admitting to the undercover reporter that he engages in illegal betting activites. Jamie Osbourne ( flat trainer ) in the same programme was filmed saying he is prepared to cheat and had an " inhouse jockey " to pull off the jobs . ( can't remember who it was ) Both were subsequently fined by the racing authorities.

Re: Has Ferdy lost the plot? I hope if Ferdy asks young James Reveley to handbrake the horses , he will refuse. Ferdy has a history of getting jockeys to finish miles behind in order to gain attractive handicap marks. Ferdy in the last 1 to 2 years received one of the biggest fines in the sport after being found guilty of instructing his jockey not to get the best possible placing . The jockey was given a suspension of a few weeks too. I can't remember who the jockey was , it was definately not G Lee , I think it was a young conditional jockey . Anybody remember the jockey it was very recent ?

I hope if Ferdy asks young James Reveley to handbrake the horses , he will refuse. Ferdy has a history of getting jockeys to finish miles behind in order to gain attractive handicap marks. Ferdy in the last 1 to 2 years received one of the biggest fines in the sport after being found guilty of instructing his jockey not to get the best possible placing . The jockey was given a suspension of a few weeks too. I can't remember who the jockey was , it was definately not G Lee , I think it was a young conditional jockey . Anybody remember the jockey it was very recent ?
Think it was Ewan Whillians? Not 100% sure.

I hope if Ferdy asks young James Reveley to handbrake the horses , he will refuse. Ferdy has a history of getting jockeys to finish miles behind in order to gain attractive handicap marks. Ferdy in the last 1 to 2 years received one of the biggest fines in the sport after being found guilty of instructing his jockey not to get the best possible placing . The jockey was given a suspension of a few weeks too. I can't remember who the jockey was , it was definately not G Lee , I think it was a young conditional jockey . Anybody remember the jockey it was very recent ?
That wont happen as Ferdy calls the shots not James Reveley.

• 2 weeks later...