Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Doncaster Rovers v Birmingham City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v Millwall (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brighton & Hove Albion v Middlesbrough (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bristol City v Derby County (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull City v Coventry City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ipswich Town v Barnsley (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leeds United v Watford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Peterborough United v Leicester City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Portsmouth v Burnley (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] West Ham v Reading (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Blackpool v Southampton (17:25 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Doncaster v Birmingham Birmingham win 21/20 Boylesports A poor Doncaster were flattered by a draw with Palace innmid week which came because of a below-par performance by Palace, whose midfielders showed a lack of passing insight and strikers showed a lack of clinical finishing. If Birmingham turn up they will win, they are a far superior team to Doncaster and the difference in quality could easily lead to a Birmingham win despite them being away. By no means a cert, but at slightly above evens I will be betting on Birmingham.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March I do believe the price on us winning is dropping like a stone. If it goes any lower I'd be cautious as there is no significant information other than "we need to win". Last two homes have produced a couple of pretty decent wins though, with the new boy Maguire getting on the score sheet. I do still fancy us for the win, as three points could take us out of the relegation zone due to the fact our goal difference is vastly superior to any of our rivals.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Burnley are on a rotten run of form too. They're dropping like a stone so I can't see any value in their price at all, as they do seem very short. Currently 2.75 on BET365. I just don't see the justification as we are usually quite solid at Fratton Park, and Burnley aren't one of the top teams in this league.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Is it the final time for West Ham to produce a good game at home? Regarding the squad, WH is better than Reading and I cannot erase the impression that Reading have more points than they deserve. Often I see a case when a strong team loses points at home against weak opponents, but when it comes to stronger ones, they usually beat them. Any important missings?

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Hull v Coventry Odds on Coventry look quite attractive at 5.5. They are third from bottom of the table, without an away win all season. But their form has picked up recently and they are unbeaten in the last five games, including draws at Watford and Cardiff. Hull have lost their last three games - perhaps they are starting to feel the pressure of competing for a playoff place. Coventry +0.5 2.19 188bet

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March

Latest odds I have on oddschecker are Portsmouth 2.4 and Burnley 3.2. Seems good value on Portsmouth given your recent good form.
Yes I agree. When I typed that out we were a little over 2.10 on Betfair, but we now appear to be 2.32, so I would grab the 2.4 with Ladbrokes as I wouldn't expect that to stay round for too long.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Portsmouth do look a good bet at odds offered, Jase. You took two strong wins against promotion hopefuls Birmingham and Hull, and Burnley is far from that standard at the moment. Burnley road record is a bit strange though, with 8 wins and 10 defeats (and only 1 draw), but I always rate them as typical home side, so I think Pompey 'should' be winning this one. Head to head stats also favor home win - 6 wins in last 10 meetings. Although I know h2h stats are not something that you can base your bets on, but 6-10 is 6/10 :) Everything above 2.30 for a home wins here is decent price in my opinion.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March I'll also follow Portsmouth mainly because of the momentum they've built and the lack of injury concerns. I also think of DNB with Nottingham Forest. Crystal Palace's manager stated that the team would now push up for the playoff and with the injury crisis nowadays he's going to field some young lads in the squad. I cannot quite understand the 1X2 odds for Peterborough at home versus Leicester. The Foxes are going to count on counter attack and solid defensive display. Liecester has let 3 goals in every of his last 3 AWAY games, but I think this match will provide a different athmosphere. The foxes will try to make it to the playoffs and IMO this is one of the last trains they can catch it they are really to persue this goal. Despite the fact that London road has seen 3.63 goals per game this season I expect it to be a tight game with not many goals in it. My bet here would be U2.5 @ 2.1

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Crystal Palace +0 (AH) @ 2.10 Bet365 Forest favourites away at palace who have one of the best home records in the championship? Bonkers. I know Forest have massively improved of late but just how can they be favourites here? Purely as a value bet I will be backing Palace on what is effectively a draw no bet handicap. I just can't be having that barmy price on Forest. Brighton to beat Boro @ 2.40 Bet365 The price on Brighton looks a little high here considering the respective form of the 2 sides. Boro have looked a solid side all season but are just starting to lose form as we approach the business end of the season. Brighton had a massive blip after an excellent start but are now looking back on track and can finish the season strongly. it's a fair old trip from Boro to brighton and I think its a great price on the home team all factors considered.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Hull -0.5 @ 1.95 bet365 Price on Hull here is enough to tempt me. Coventry have been improving and are actually showing a bit of fight now. Its a tough trip to the KC stadium though and I wouldnt make Hull any higher than 1.80 for this match. the tigers are a bit inconsistent of late but i think they should be more than good enough to see off a coventry side who are one of the worst teams in the division. leeds v watford +0.75 (AH) @ 1.925 bet365 leeds are just being priced on reputation here for me. Warnock doesn't seem to be doing a better job than grayson was previously and they have had some terrible results under him. Watford have done well considering some of the players they have lost this season and they continue to pick up decent results. i really think they can get a draw here and wouldn't be surprised to see them take all 3 points. A +0.75 handicap is just too big on them and as such one that i'm more than happy to get involved with.

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March

Hull v Coventry Odds on Coventry look quite attractive at 5.5. They are third from bottom of the table, without an away win all season. But their form has picked up recently and they are unbeaten in the last five games, including draws at Watford and Cardiff. Hull have lost their last three games - perhaps they are starting to feel the pressure of competing for a playoff place. Coventry +0.5 2.19 188bet
Result: Hull 0 Coventry 2 Bet won :ok From the BBC report, it sounds as though Coventry were the better side - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17496915

Re: Weekend > Championship > 30-31 March Sad times for us on Saturday. We battered them first half.... second half was completely different as Eddie Howe changed things around. Dropped a man into midfield, on came Charlie Austin, who scored a hat trick in about twenty minutes. We were caught on the break many times as their extra man in midfield paid off, and some of our defending was shocking. They completely over ran us at times. Appleton's answer was only to throw on another forward, which cost us again as they could then break quickly when we lost the ball, using the extra man in midfield. We will have to do better if we're to avoid relegation.