Watching Horse Racing Online

1) I saw a thread entitled 'Watch Racing UK online'. The link is broken, but it set me wondering about live racing. I find the best way is to use Betfair's viewer, which can be accessed direct from the betfair.com website race page. The key here is that while as always to watch races live at bookie sites you have to place a bet, you can do so very cheaply. Simply (using the API is best) select the place market near the race and you will usually find the favourite has only a one-penny spread. Bet £2 and lay £2 on it and you will end up with a position where you stand to lose two pence if it places but break even if it does not. Thusly you are watching the race with a maximum cost of only 2p. Sometimes you will miss by one point and have a 4p liability (oh no!) but on other occasions you will hit the same price both ways and not have any liability (but you will still be allowed to watch the race). 2) The Betfair coverage seems to be live, or very close. I note that the market suspends about when the horses go off on-screen, maybe only a second earlier. This potentially makes it more live than the three-plus second delay reported for TV coverage. Does anyone have more info on this?

• 1 month later...

Re: Watching Horse Racing Online Tee hee, yes I found this one too - well done for spotting it. Regarding the delay, I find that BF Rapid usually suspends for the off and goes in-play within three seconds or less of the stalls opening on my screen. Maybe there is another reason for your apparent delay? I also find that a faller goes to 1000 only a couple of seconds before I see it on video.

Re: Watching Horse Racing Online

Does anyone stream through their iphone? Who do you find offers the best link? Bet 365 keeps going down mid race on mine.
Might be to do with phone and service provider too. Me and Kevshat both got a race on our phones at the same time when we were at the snooker club in Birmingham, I think both were Bet365 but his coverage was about 4 seconds in front of mine. Bet365 on the Iphone for me also cuts out and I end up with just audio a lot of the time. I also got wise to not ringing a racing line at about 50p a minute for live commentary by downloading the Tune In app as it has Timeform radio on there and it's not far behind the live action at all.

Re: Watching Horse Racing Online

I havent had any problems with BetVictor on my mobile aslong as got good enough signal!
When I was using BetVictor there was no running commentary which was very strange. Im using PaddyPower these days but they only show races from selected courses. Oh and you must stake £1 on that specific race to watch... Still, the quality of the races thy do show is pretty good.