Weekend > League 1 > 24 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 24 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brentford v Rochdale (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Colchester United v Carlisle United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huddersfield Town v Charlton Athletic (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leyton Orient v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Oldham Athletic v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Preston North End v Bury (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scunthorpe United v Notts County (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tranmere Rovers v Exeter City (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walsall v Stevenage (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wycombe Wanderers v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yeovil Town v Hartlepool United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 24 March Odds on Tranmere went down already. If you get 1.8, it´s a must take. Exeter looks hopeless having lost last four matches (even at home to Wycombe and Preston). Anyway they are the worst and most harmless away side in this league (2-4-13 12:36 goals). Tranmere mainly is a home team and looks in a better shape with a new manager. Last season they beat Exeter 4-0 at home.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 24 March ???I was thinking about Huddersfield - Charlton match as I think that overall Charlton have more quality in their squad. They have a pretty strong attack and tradiotionally tight and well organised defense, however, after conceding 4 goals at home to Notts County I am not that sure.*Besides, Charlton showed more than once that they are able to see off other*title challengers, when they ended Huddersfield's unbeaten run and then beat Wednesday on their soil and Sheff*United*at home.*??*??The price on 0AH*(2.20) is tempting however I*got slightly confused by the following words from their manager after their recent victory over Yeovil:??"*We've got to get as many points as we can and keep battling away because we are going to get strange results like as we had recently here".??*??Does it mean he doesn't expect his team to be fired up for every single game? Does he expect Charlton to drift to the title by getting a point here and three there? Or is just a bit of misinterpretation from me???*??Looking forward to others' opinins on this game.??

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 24 March

???I was thinking about Huddersfield - Charlton match as I think that overall Charlton have more quality in their squad. They have a pretty strong attack and tradiotionally tight and well organised defense' date=' however, after conceding 4 goals at home to Notts County I am not that sure.*Besides, Charlton showed more than once that they are able to see off other*title challengers, when they ended Huddersfield's unbeaten run and then beat Wednesday on their soil and Sheff*United*at home.*??*??The price on 0AH*(2.20) is tempting however I*got slightly confused by the following words from their manager after their recent victory over Yeovil:??"*We've got to get as many points as we can and keep battling away because we are going to get strange results like as we had recently here".??*??Does it mean he doesn't expect his team to be fired up for every single game? Does he expect Charlton to drift to the title by getting a point here and three there? Or is just a bit of misinterpretation from me???*??Looking forward to others' opinins on this game.??[/quote'] On the surface it looked like a convincing win from Charlton against Yeovil but apparently the scoreline flattered Powell's side a little. Ok, look, they won 3-0 and probably deserved to win thanks to the quality they have in the final 3rd but would I want to back them away to Huddersfield? probably not simply because those kinds of games scare me, they are like derbies in a way and you need good reason to bet on them. At this point in the season motivation and morale are very important, which of these two sides has the upper hand in that department I cannot say.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 24 March Forgot to mention, does anyone else like Preston this weekend? currently available @ 23/20 (WilliamHill). The playoffs seem pretty much beyond them and yet they have really improved over the last few games and seem to be in good spirits.

Forgot to mention' date=' does anyone else like Preston this weekend? currently available @ 23/20 (WilliamHill). The playoffs seem pretty much beyond them and yet they have really improved over the last few games and seem to be in good spirits.[/quote'] I think the price is probably about right to be honest and 2 wins from 12 doesn't inspire confidence. Graham Westley has made Preston harder to beat without a doubt, but they are struggling for goals with just 4 in their last 8 games. Bury do seem to be sinking into the mire, as 12 games without a win testifies, but they have a goal in them and that might prove enough to snatch a draw at Deepdale. Tough call for me.

I think the price is probably about right to be honest and 2 wins from 12 doesn't inspire confidence. Graham Westley has made Preston harder to beat without a doubt' date=' but they are struggling for goals with just 4 in their last 8 games. Bury do seem to be sinking into the mire, as 12 games without a win testifies, but they have a goal in them and that might prove enough to snatch a draw at Deepdale. Tough call for me.[/quote'] Yeh Preston have struggled with goals, Mellor is back in training now but whether or not he returns for the Bury game remains to be seen. I'm just thinking that although they have nothing to play for, things are starting to come together for Westley after a very slow start and we might see them finish the season strongly.

Re: Weekend > League 1 > 24 March I agree with Western Skies that price seems fair as well as Westley's win ratio at PNE isn't too good. I think with Westley's sides it's a matter of time before he collects a unit that will click. I can imagine that when he joined PNE not everyone liked his fitness regime and the all for one one for all army type atmosphere so the results didn't really come. It will be interesting to see what they will be like next season when he builds a team to his image. Apart from Charlton I can't find much value in this weekend's L1 fixtures.

Odds on Tranmere went down already. If you get 1.8 it´s a must take...
As a City fan I agree with this. City looked very poor against PNE, who were there for the taking. City manager Tisdale (on the vige of falling out with fans) is getting desparate - just signed 2 loanees & has been chopping & changing massively to no effect over the last string of games. I also understand Tranmere have taken 11 from the last 15 points, City having lost last 4 & the last 5 away games.