West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March Hard to know which West Brom team are going to turn up, the one that lost 3 consecutive home games 1-2, or the one that then stuffed Sunderland 4-0 and beat Chelsea 1-0. Newcastles last 8 Aways make pretty dismal reading, 6 lost and 2 won, the wins were only against Bolton and Blackburn. The interesting stat for me is the fact that in all comps this season, the 16 Home games for West Brom have yet to include a score draw ! Its 9 Aways since Newcastle recorded a Draw on their travels Both teams have scored on the last 4 occasions this fixture has been played. Prediction : Score Draw I won't be betting on this game but here's the options to consider : 0-0 small stake @ 13.0 Betfair, just to cover the Both teams to score stake Even number of goals @ 1.90 Bet 365 (I often prefer this to backing the Draw due to the higher chance of a Win, includes 0-0), or Draw @ 3.60 Betfair Both teams to score @ 1.72 Betfair, although both teams have a low conceding ratio earlier than the 15th minute so slightly better odds could possibly be obtained in-play In terms of Unders/Overs I can't call it and there's no value in the "long unders" at the odds I noticed on Betfair EDIT : As soon as I got up this morning I suddenly realised something very important. Across the entire 4 leagues this weekend so far of 42 games, there was only one Over 4.5 (3-2), and barely any Over 3.5's. With that in mind, and the fact that there has been some high scoring late kick off Sunday matches in 2012, I think to restore some of what we're used to seeing in a weekend, this could turn out to be a high scorer. I'm still leaving my original thoughts above on here, meanwhile I'm now thinking about a small stake on 3-3 and Over 5.5

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March West Brom vs Newcastle A very tight game to call in terms of value, and Ive had to dig abit deeper to try and extract any. West brom were on a great run of results, smashing in 4 against Sunderland and 5 against Wolves. They are safe from relegation but their season is effectively over, as with alot of other mid-table sides. Their only incentive is to try and fight for a higher placed league finish, but any chance of European football next season will depend on the amount of investment that is willing to be given to Hodgson to invest in the squad. However, after their loss against Man Utd, their form as dipped. Against Wigan, though they drew 1 - 1, they really should have lost the game. Their performance was rather poor and lackluster. West Brom have been better away from home this season and though they seemed to have picked up at home after wins against Chelsea and Sunderland, they are still rather inconsistent. Newcastle on the other hand are safe from relegation but has an extra incentive to fight for, and that is the Europa league. Its looking like a real prospect with Liverpool dropping points and a couple of potential top 4 sides in the FA cup. This extra incentive is what usually gives teams the edge for the win at this stage of the season. Newcastle's performances this season have also been more consistent. Not spectacular but very reliable. Their form is not as good away from home, though West Brom have can said to have a general poorer form at home. Really difficult one to call, but I think the extra incentives should give Newcastle the extra edge. A win here will take them level on points with Chelsea. Should Chelsea still have hopes for a Champions league spot, why shouldn't Newcastle? Main injury doubt for Newcastle is Tiote. Odemwingie for West Brom may also miss out. I feel like abit of insurance. Newcastle -0.25 3.000 Pinnacle 6/10

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March

West Brom vs Newcastle (West Brom) Against Wigan, though they drew 1 - 1, they really should have lost the game. Their performance was rather poor and lackluster.
You're right thinking about it, Wigan missed stacks of chances in that match, some of them where hilarious, any really decent team would have socred at least 5 against WBA that day based on that performance. My confidence for a high scorer here is increasing. Stats for this weekends fixtures so far : 1st Div Prem : 1 x 3-1, all the rest Under 3.5 2nd Div Champ : 1 x 3-1, 1 x 3-2, 1 x 2-2, all the rest Under 3.5 3rd Div : Every game Under 2.5 !!! Astonishing 4th Div : 1 x 4-0, 1 x 2-2, all the rest Under 3.5 Across the entire 4 Divisions : Only 1 x 0-0 and it was the first game to kick off (Chelsea v Tott)

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March Newcastle +0.5 (AH) @ 1.92 (Bet365) A late bet on Newcastle for me. Odds suggest West Brom are the better side, which is surely not correct seeing as Newcastle are 11 points above them in the table. Even if you are to say the teams are even, there should be a 56% chance of an away win or draw, whereas these odds suggest only a 52% chance. I'd say Newcastle were better than West Brom at any rate. West Brom's season long home form is poor, with only four wins, although they have had some good results and performances lately. Newcastle have the greater incentive, with realistic ambitions of a Europa League place, which would be a great achievement for the club, and more lofty dreams of a CL place, which is not yet an impossibility. Tiote might not play, which may explain the odds shift to some extent, but even so I think Newcastle have the better side and look value here.

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March Late bet so not an in depth write up... Newcastle +0.5 @ 1.925 bet365 8 points I will take this price on toon all day long. I really dislike Pardew but he has done a fantastic job at Newcastle. West brom have a pretty decent season themselves but I think toon are a level above them. I would have had this on a level ball handicap, toon +0.25 at very best. So as such I'm all over the 0.5 on offer. Really think west brom being over rated for this one and fancy toons chances of at least coming away with a point.

Even number of goals @ 1.90 Bet 365 (I often prefer this to backing the Draw due to the higher chance of a Win, includes 0-0) Both teams to score @ 1.72 Betfair In terms of Unders/Overs I can't call it and there's no value in the "long unders" at the odds I noticed on Betfair EDIT : As soon as I got up this morning I suddenly realised something very important. Across the entire 4 leagues this weekend so far of 42 games, there was only one Over 4.5 (3-2), and barely any Over 3.5's. With that in mind, and the fact that there has been some high scoring late kick off Sunday matches in 2012, I think to restore some of what we're used to seeing in a weekend, this could turn out to be a high scorer. I'm still leaving my original thoughts above on here, meanwhile I'm now thinking about a small stake on 3-3 and Over 5.5
Unfortunately it looked damned strong at 1-3 until a series of injuries ruined any flow to the game in the final half an hour, I only had a fun bet on the Over 5.5 for a fiver. A fifth goal would have been fine to have then traded out for split profit. Even number of goals and BTTS both winners, no value on long unders was proved correct. Unable to fund my regular style bets at present due to business commitments still.

West Brom vs Newcastle I feel like abit of insurance. Newcastle -0.25 3.000 Pinnacle 6/10
+12 units, deserved win for Newcastle
Unfortunately it looked damned strong at 1-3 until a series of injuries ruined any flow to the game in the final half an hour' date=' I only had a fun bet on the Over 5.5 for a fiver. A fifth goal would have been fine to have then traded out for split profit. Even number of goals and BTTS both winners, no value on long unders was proved correct. Unable to fund my regular style bets at present due to business commitments still.[/quote'] I saw a 5 or more goals special from William hill at 6/1. Backable at 6.8 at Betfair, so not anything special. But after the teamsheets came out this bet couldnt drift like the normal markets due to it being some "match winner offer" and I managed to lump as much as I can on it. Had to be sent to trader for approval, terribly small limits on it. They musta known there was arb value, even though I didnt intend to arb it. Looked sure to go over after Long scored, but wasn't to be. Cant get too greedy for me.

Re: West Brom v Newcastle > 25 March So, The Battle Of The Barcodes is over for another season. Did you get any profit out of the second part mentioned above TP ? When it went to 1-3 I thought about trading out for equal profit of £26.40 but with still well over half hour to go the temptation of £71.50 got the better of me. We could never have predicted those injuires. A fifth goal and I would have def traded out equal whatever the amount. Was listening to the radio commentary, it sounded like an episode of Casualty in the last 25 minutes. Still, at least it took 90 mins+ to lose the bet, last night I lost an Argentinian 0-0 in only 9 seconds ! That's class ! :rollin

Bonjour Everybody ;) Today im gone look for an GoalScorer, and who is gone score a goal? For me Demba Ba gone score , maybe he gone score first @6.00, but im gone play more safety and take Anytime Score @2.40 on bet365 for 50€
Sorry i make a bad choice ,i have hesitate between demba Ba and Papiss demba :/ Sorry

So, The Battle Of The Barcodes is over for another season. Did you get any profit out of the second part mentioned above TP ? When it went to 1-3 I thought about trading out for equal profit of £26.40 but with still well over half hour to go the temptation of £71.50 got the better of me. We could never have predicted those injuires. A fifth goal and I would have def traded out equal whatever the amount. Was listening to the radio commentary, it sounded like an episode of Casualty in the last 25 minutes. Still, at least it took 90 mins+ to lose the bet, last night I lost an Argentinian 0-0 in only 9 seconds ! That's class ! :rollin
I never trade out for a profit! Can be frustrating at times. Usually tempted if my laptop is on and on Betfair.

It sounds as if our income levels are differnt ! I need everything I can get !
Well, as you know I go for long term profit in all of my picks. I don't like to waste money on commission laying bets off! Not that I dont need every pound I can get!