Swansea v Everton > 24 March

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March Totally agree that Swansea are a fantastic bet this weekend. Although Swansea arguably have nothing to play for in terms of being safe in mid table, that didn't stop them battering Fulham 3-0 away last time out, which is somewhere that even the top PL teams struggle to win at. Everton are going to have a major eye on the cup replay and won't be that motivated to win this one and may rest a couple of players as they did in the Merseyside derby the game before the first cup game with Sunderland. Even without the cup distraction, I think Swansea with their home record (already beaten Man City and Arsenal at home) should not be as big as 2.25 to beat Everton. 10/10 Swansea 2.25 (Paddy Power) I'm also tempted by Swansea to keep a clean sheet which is currently 3.25 with William Hill. I'm not sure of the exact stats but I know Swansea have kept a number of clean sheets this season and with Everton not being prolific in front of goal, i'll have a little bet on this as well. This bet also covers the 0-0 result as a bit of insurance as if Swansea aren't able to win the match, 0-0 sounds like quite a likely scoreline to me. 2/10 Swansea to keep a clean sheet 3.25 (William Hill)

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March Swansea vs Everton Similarly I dont understand why Swansea are higher than Evens to win this game. Like against Liverpool, I'd expect moyes to ring the changes in preparation for the FA cup match against Sunderland. Everton are very lackluster away from home, getting mainly alot of draws as well as being very tight, with most games going under. Not much value on unders being extremely thin imo at 1.820 ish. Swansea even though safe from relegation seem to be taking the league very seriously still, and fighting for a higher placed finish. also being on a excellent streak of wins, most recently against Fulham at craven cottage. Beating top sides at the liberty this season, I see Everton getting the same treatment in the process machine. I see Swansea carrying on their winning streak. Though the 0 - 3 win against Fulham was somewhat fortunate, the really are a force at the Liberty, with Vorm for man of the season imo. What remains of Everton's squad against Arsenal will still be feeling the effects of the game, whereas Swansea's last game was a full week ago. Not sure about Everton's squad, but what i am sure is that most of the first team should be rested, especially after a committed game against Arsenal in midweek. Swansea have no significant fresh worries that i know of right now. Swansea -0.5 Pinnacle 2.260 10/10

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March

I'm not sure of the exact stats but I know Swansea have kept a number of clean sheets this season and with Everton not being prolific in front of goal
I'll fill in the stats: Swansea 14 home games, 7 clean sheets (Wigan, Sunderland, WBA, Stoke, Villa, Fulham, Man City) Swansea 15 away games, 5 clean sheets (Pool, Newcastle, Wigan, Villa, Fulham) Everton has the 2nd worst goalscoring in Premier League currently, with 28 goals in 29 games.

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March I think an important consideration here for is playing styles. I was watching MOTD during the week, and a valid point was made that Everton sat off Arsenal for the first 25 mins or so, and let them play. But then they showed Moyes bawling on the touchline to "get into them". And Everton did that and certainly stopped Arsenal playing, to an extent. In fact the Opta stats back that up as regards the number and accuracy of the Arsenal passes: 0-25 mins: 196 out of 218 successful - 89.9% 26-90 mins: 233 out of 317 successful - 73.5% IMO the way to beat Swansea, unsuprisingly, is to "get into them", and stop them playing. If we look at Swansea's recent results, I think this is backed up: - In their last 14 games, they have lost 4 - against Everton, Sunderland (under O'Neill), Stoke and Norwich. All these teams like a physical, pressing approach. It could be argued that Norwich are the exception, but given that they came up from the Championship with Swansea last season, Paul Lambert could be given credit for learning from last year. Having been on the end of a 3-0 hiding at the Liberty last season, they have completed the double over Swansea this season. No bet for me due to Everton's possible distraction with the FA Cup, but would not be shocked to see Everton get a result, especially with the Arsenal experience so fresh in their minds.

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March This just looks like another under game for me. Both sides don't let much get past them defensively, I think Kiddo is right above. Everton will likely get into them, and could force a result, but they also don't score many. Tight game....Everton probably wouldn't have been as long as that if this was early season, so maybe Swansea as favourites are likely to be a big public bet, which would out me off.

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March Taken Swansea to win for all of the reasons stated already in this thread. Swansea are a very good side at home keeping good possession and controlling the games. With Evertons poor goalscoring record they are going to have to do something completely different to get a result out of this game Swansea 2.2 Betvictor

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March [TABLE] [TR] [TD][h=1]Tip Detail[/h][/TD] [TD=align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Swansea v Everton [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Swansea [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 24/03/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Ladbrokes @ 2.30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Swansea have a brilliant home record and are very high on confidence at the moment. Everton on the other hand have other things to play for and wont see this game as a priority. Swansea will want to pick up maximum points here to help in their quest for a top half finish. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Close Window[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March Swansea @ 2.17 pinnacle Hard not to like Swansea here as their home form as been very good this year, as they have won their last 3 games with clean sheets in each of them, while they have not given much at home all year. Everton have not had a clean sheet in their last 5 away games, and they may have the replay with Sunderland in mind, given that if they win that game, they are up against Merseyside rivals Liverpool in the semi final of the FA Cup, and this is one game that they will want to be in. They have not been noted goalscorers all year, and with Swansea's defence hard to beat, then Swansea are the more likely goalscorers here Season record: 134-176 (+2.47)

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March Everton fan here. Unfortunately, I have to agree. Massive game for us Tuesday night and so I can see a few being rested, I doubt as many as 6 like against Liverpool, but a few changes here and there. Its not too bad when you are bringing in Jagielka as a replacement, but if Anichebe comes in then we don't have the attacking threat that would scare Swansea. Im definitely not betting on the game, and I'd be vary of the 1-1 scoreline. Two top defensive teams and brilliant keepers. Good luck all and COYB!

Re: Swansea v Everton > 24 March

I think an important consideration here for is playing styles. I was watching MOTD during the week, and a valid point was made that Everton sat off Arsenal for the first 25 mins or so, and let them play. But then they showed Moyes bawling on the touchline to "get into them". And Everton did that and certainly stopped Arsenal playing, to an extent. In fact the Opta stats back that up as regards the number and accuracy of the Arsenal passes: 0-25 mins: 196 out of 218 successful - 89.9% 26-90 mins: 233 out of 317 successful - 73.5% IMO the way to beat Swansea, unsuprisingly, is to "get into them", and stop them playing. If we look at Swansea's recent results, I think this is backed up: - In their last 14 games, they have lost 4 - against Everton, Sunderland (under O'Neill), Stoke and Norwich. All these teams like a physical, pressing approach. It could be argued that Norwich are the exception, but given that they came up from the Championship with Swansea last season, Paul Lambert could be given credit for learning from last year. Having been on the end of a 3-0 hiding at the Liberty last season, they have completed the double over Swansea this season. No bet for me due to Everton's possible distraction with the FA Cup, but would not be shocked to see Everton get a result, especially with the Arsenal experience so fresh in their minds.
Reading this post is the reason I steered away from this match, saved myself a bit of money on the back of it. Cheers, Kiddo!

Reading this post is the reason I steered away from this match' date=' saved myself a bit of money on the back of it. Cheers, Kiddo![/quote'] Good stuff Martin. Yeah my initial thought was to back Swansea as well, but decided to dig a bit deeper to try and understand why the bookies were happy to lay them at +2.2. Always important to consider all factors when betting - not just all the reasons supporting your pick, but also all those against it.