** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gutted

Jezza

Playing in a 25$ MTT on 365 the other night (yep usually I play cash but I was bored and decided to play for a laugh). 250 entrants, 2k first prize not bad. Played really well and got to the final table with good chips, ended up 3 handed with everyone on about the same amount. 3rd place was 800 first was 2k - a big difference. picked up AQs on the button, I came in for a big raise, the SB reraised the standard and the BB moved AI. Tough situation, I have to think one of them has maybe QQ or better or at the very least - AK (the hand I put the BB on). After thinking for almost all my timebank I lay it down at a large cost to my stack. The SB calls and they both flip over AJ (ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH). The board is a total blank, I would basically have secured victory on that hand but alas now I am crippled and totatly fcuked off. I go out next hand moving in with K10 to be called by...AQ :wall :wall Jez

Re: Gutted Yeah I know what you mean wayne....my flatmate said the same "why didnt you raise enough so you were committed" etc etc As for the other players, I had been with them both for a lot of the tourney and they had certainly not got to the last three through sheer luck - both had played well so I had to give them some respect. I did not raise practically all in as we had a lot of chips (about 300k each) and the big blind was only 12k - I still felt I had room to play poker and not turn it into a lottery. Neither of the other two players were short chipped either (like I say we all had about the same) so I did not feel they themselves were desperate (if he was a short stack it was a call in a flash as he could easily have had any ace or K) and would only pull this move if they had a premium holding. To be reraised back and then have the next player push in I had to feel I was a big underdog preflop (well thats how I saw it anyway :eyes ). Jez

Re: Gutted Unlucky Jez. Of course you would have taken the $800 before the start of the tourney but it does hurt when you go out knowing you could have done something to win it. Not after eventing here but given the same situation I would have been all in. Stick that in your notebook Alien. :loon

Re: Gutted Hey I think you did the right thing to throw that hand away... The way they re raised, and got all in.. Defently looked like a better hand, AA,KK,QQ,AK, or maybe also AQ.. Any of those hands except KK has one of your outs in it. So that you can take away.. And with KK, you got most likely got to have an A to win.. Just always sad to see a hand that could have won... And then going out on the next is just another sad thing to it all.. (Friday night i lost with QJs against 34o when i raised all in... 5X BB) That was a very sad hand to loose on, with 4,4,6 on board. But lost a hand earlier with BIG raise preflop, with rockets. And i was against 99.. Ofcourse a 9 showed up.. So that was just to bad beats within 10 hands that settled it all for me.. But i think you played your hand well.. Next time you up against rockets or KK im sure.. ;) / cains