BBOTD Tuesday 6th

3.30 Exeter Drybrook Bedouin 1pt win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes Going to take a chance on the Nick Mitchell trained Drybrook Bedouin who goes well at the track. He does have to put a poor effort at Wetherby behind him but he may have found the ground softer than ideal that day and I am willing to give him another chance back at Exeter. His record at the track reads 2-3-1-1 with one of those wins coming over CD. He actually ran in this race last year off a 7lb lower mark and did well to finish 3rd. He followed that with a dismal effort at Wincanton where he was pulled up before going on to win next time out over CD by 13 lengths. It looks very similar to his prep for this race as he won at the track over 4m a couple of runs ago before putting in that poor effort at Wincanton. S Clements is back on board today, which will be because he claims 7lbs and has won on the horse in the past. Interestingly enough when this horse won over 4m a couple of runs ago Nick Schofield was on board and he won that day off 117. Today he runs off 123 but the jockey claims 7lbs so he is effectively 1lb lower for this race. I do think this race will have been the target and I would not be surprised to see a much better run from him. Last year’s winner Ammunition is now a 12 year old and although he runs here off the same mark, I am happy to take him on with the yard not really firing yet. Alderluck is another joint favourite but he has plenty of weight to carry and has to prove himself over this trip. Upham Atom needed every bit of the trip last time out and should go well if he is fully over those exertions. Diamond Brook has to improve on his 2 latest runs but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if he were to do so. Flying Squad goes for the in form Susan Gardner and can’t be totally dismissed and Mortimers Cross is chasing a hat trick. It looks a competitive race but Drybrook Bedouin loves the track and I am hopeful that will give him the edge over his rivals.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 1500 exeter glassawine 0.5 ew 6/1 pp first time in a handicap for this david pipe runner is of interest,tom scudamore takes the ride who has 3 rides at the meeting, and i think this is is best chance of a winner

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th *Soopacal - Southwell 2:40* I have been backing quite a few of Brian Ellison's horses of late, and whilst he is in form he pays to stick with. This horse is a C+D winner and interestingly wears cheekpieces for the first time tomorrow. It has won off a mark of 78 in the past so this mark of 65 along with the jockey Lee Topliss taking off 3 pounds means it is running off a very leniant mark. Has had a few seconds in recent times and a good chance to go one better here. *1 Point WIN @ 6/1 Paddy Power BOG*

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th

*Soopacal - Southwell 2:40* I have been backing quite a few of Brian Ellison's horses of late, and whilst he is in form he pays to stick with. This horse is a C+D winner and interestingly wears cheekpieces for the first time tomorrow. It has won off a mark of 78 in the past so this mark of 65 along with the jockey Lee Topliss taking off 3 pounds means it is running off a very leniant mark. Has had a few seconds in recent times and a good chance to go one better here. *1 Point WIN @ 6/1 Paddy Power BOG*
again you beat me to the punch lol.... he has a massive chance.... interestingly enough he was claimed by murt khan originally..

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 4.40 - Southwell - McConnell - 0.5 EW @ 14/1 BetVictor I think that it might pay off backing the in-form McConnell in this one. Richard Guest's 7yo has won twice recently including a C&D victory 12 days ago, he has a surprisingly good record at Southwell with 8 of his 9 AW wins coming here, and a C&D record of 8 wins from 15 runs, so there is no doubting his ability over this trip or on the fibresand. The doubt over him probably lies in the fact he has performed poorly in handicaps and the majority of wins have come in lesser company, however he did win off the same mark of 75 in a handicap back in January. Also has the plus of a 5lb claiming jockey onboard tomorrow who won aboard him on his penultimate start. EW value here i feel :hope

2.10 Southwell Desperately weak affair to kick things off. Royal Crest is lightly raced for a 6yr old and does have course form but in no great order when last seen and off the track for 571 days a big worry although Fanning an eye catching booking so will be interesting to see what he looks like in paddock. Tenancy has been well beaten recently but goes well here but something to prove at present. Similar story for Mnarani aswell and although blinkers refitted today has something to prove. Bonnie Prince Blue has been in rapid decline for this yard at present as is his mark which does offer some hope but all recent wins have come in sellers and claimers and again has a lot to prove at present. Sopran Nad is a rare runner away from Wolves for this yard and that is probably because he does handle the surface well, but disappointing when seen here in december and no better next time out at Wolves on 1st run for this yard. Odd Ball has found some form again recently but they have come in some desperately weak affairs and he isnt the most straightforward individual often races lazily and likes to come off the pace which is often hard work around here and crept up 2lb for latest finishing effort at Wolves and step up in trip might suit. Fearless Poet looked a horse to follow on this surface having won a nursery here last december but generally disappointed and found it hard to win in slightly stronger races but did step up last month to take a 7f handicap at Kempton off a 4lb lower mark has been running as if still in good form last 2 runs when doing too much in front, should go well returned to this surface in a weak race. 1pt win Fearless Poet 15/8

VC

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 3.00 ExeterWeatherbys Bloodstock Insurance Handicap Hurdle (Betfair Hurdle Series Qualifier) Cl4 2m3fBENDANT @ 5/1 bog (Boylesports and many more)Impressive in his last two wins (once cheeckpieces helped him to be more focused on his job) Bendant should be able to complete a hattrick here even if this Debra Hamer-trained 7yo is 19lb higher than his last win. No problem with the ground as he handled good to soft very well in bumpers when he was third in his debut and second to Dare Me 16 months later. The form of his last two wins reads pretty well with Esteem confirming his form with subsequent good efforts off higher marks and Medic Man winning his next start and Paddy Brennan is riding better than ever of late (6 winners and 8 seconds/thirds in the last 14 days). Glassawine looks the main danger making his handicap debut but his last two efforts were too poor imho so I prefer to stick with the in-form quantity here

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th Southwell 2.40 Love You Louis 2pt win First race after a long break in Jan and only 1 length behind Dancing Freddy. Another decent run since should have him race fit and I think he'll turn the tables on Dancing Freddy. I think Soopacals a bigger danger. At 7-1 B365 BOG he has to be worth a bet. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 15:40 COTTON KING @SP southwell E/W this is a classy sort who seems to enjoy the pollytrack . ran some good races on the turf at places like epsom , running a nice 3rd . takes a drop and should go well . hasnt run for 6 months so should be fresh and this race has been selected especialy . runs off highest mark . fair enough jockey and goes the distance , stands a chance

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 3.20 Newcastle - 1pt win Captain Nash @ 15/2 (VC) Chris Grant's horse has to avoid the bounce, having run respectably after a long absence just 43 days ago. It was his first run for the yard, and over fences, but he shaped like he'd win races, and could build on the promise he showed over hurdles earlier in his career. A point winner and a narrow bumper runner up, this horse ran two sound races in maidens in Ireland, finishing 5th of 15 and 16 respectively. He got off the mark at the third time of asking in maiden company, narrowly, when upped to three miles. He's bred to be a chaser, and over this far, so it was no surprise to see him run with credit after his break. He only got tired after 3 out, having been right there, and he jumped badly left at the last to exaggerate the margin between him and the front two. Naturally you'd expect him to come on plenty for the run, and that leads me to believe he will go well here. The runner-up won next time out, and my selection was a clear 3rd with another large gap back to the rest. The slightly better ground here may help as well, and he should go well.

3.20 Newcastle - 1pt win Captain Nash @ 15/2 (VC) Chris Grant's horse has to avoid the bounce, having run respectably after a long absence just 43 days ago. It was his first run for the yard, and over fences, but he shaped like he'd win races, and could build on the promise he showed over hurdles earlier in his career. A point winner and a narrow bumper runner up, this horse ran two sound races in maidens in Ireland, finishing 5th of 15 and 16 respectively. He got off the mark at the third time of asking in maiden company, narrowly, when upped to three miles. He's bred to be a chaser, and over this far, so it was no surprise to see him run with credit after his break. He only got tired after 3 out, having been right there, and he jumped badly left at the last to exaggerate the margin between him and the front two. Naturally you'd expect him to come on plenty for the run, and that leads me to believe he will go well here. The runner-up won next time out, and my selection was a clear 3rd with another large gap back to the rest. The slightly better ground here may help as well, and he should go well.
Price went as I was writing, so 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 3.00 Josh's Dreamway 1pt 7/2 Lads Missed the price on this but hopefully it will win anyway, been watching this horse in novice hurdles this season and noticed it getting close to the leaders and not being given a hard time. Interesting that now he has a handicap mark he steps up in trip immediately and also won two bumpers on good ground and this is firmer than his last couple of runs so I expect him to go close off a mark of 100.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th Wizzkid Walters Bat via email; Can't get on pl mate so thought I'd send it on here 2:20 Newcastle - Rhymers Ha' - Back Has been slightly frustrating so far as is still a maiden after 5 efforts but has run well in every single occasion. His 2nd Lto was comfortably his best effort so far and this is the weakest race he's faced yet and hopefully he can finally break the maiden tag here 1pt win @ 4/9 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th LA CAPRIOSA 2.40 SOUTHWELL 25/1 @ bet365 0.5 ew Of this horses 10 career wins 8 have come off marks higher than todays 61, ran 2 respectable races either side of the new year here off marks of 66 and 67. Has great track record win 12 win and placed efforts from 25 runs here. Winston takes the ride again today which is a good sign as he has won on him 8 times and placed 7 from 23 mounts on the horse. Drawn well in 1.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th N3.50 Leminense Grice 0.5pt E/W 10/1 Ladbrokes The horse is 17lb lower than when making its handicap debut and looks to have been given every chance by the handicapper today with Harry Haynes on board to claim a valuable further 3lbs. The horse tries a tongue tie today for the first time and is still lightly raced. The horses first few runs where in a higher class than this so probably has more ability than perhaps it has shown so far, there's been a little money for it so improvement may be forthcoming today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th Has won at the distance before and was 2nd at Kelso back in December off just a 3lb lower mark.Ryan Mania takes the ride and has a 16% strike rate in Handicaps this season with a profit of +15.75.He also has a good record in hurdle races for triner Dianne Sayer and can go close at a nice price here today 0.5 pt E/W @ 16/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th LIGHT THE CITY 4.10 Southwell. 1 point win. Ignoring last time, as needed a break, and if he returns in decent form, then he can win this weak race. Gets in off a nice mark of 54 and has won on this surface over the trip, so should be more than capable of winning this. 15/2 Betfred BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th 4.40 Southwell - McConnell - 16/1 VC Some big each way value in this race, and i quite fancy Richard Guest's runner here. Bit disappointed Majuro isnt still in as i thought he may have been put in as a pace setter for this one, hopefully they still go a good gallop. Effectively off a mark of 70 here, having won last year off 75 so still handicapped to win. Course and distance is ideal and he's in great heart picking up a claimer and seller in his last two starts. Has excuses for his last two handicap starts and if any of the lightly raced sorts at the head of the market flop, i think he'll go close.