** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March

staffy

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March Prediciton: Arsenal win 3.9 @ Stan James Arsenal have won 3 on the bounce in the PL, scoring 14 goals. They have close competition with Chelsea and Newcastle for 4th spot (which seems to be Arsenal's main concern), so I expect them to go looking for the win. The comeback against Spurs will have further boosted their confidence. Liverpool are out of contention for a CL place and only have the FA cup to concentrate on winning. They currently lie 15th in the form table (having gained 9 points from their last 8 games). Suarez may be playing in Romania on the 29th of Feb (has been called up to the Uruaguay squad). Whereas Van Persie will only be expected to play at Wembley on Wednesday (if selected for the first team).

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March

Prediciton: Arsenal win 3.9 @ Stan James Arsenal have won 3 on the bounce in the PL, scoring 14 goals. They have close competition with Chelsea and Newcastle for 4th spot (which seems to be Arsenal's main concern), so I expect them to go looking for the win. The comeback against Spurs will have further boosted their confidence. Liverpool are out of contention for a CL place and only have the FA cup to concentrate on winning. They currently lie 15th in the form table (having gained 9 points from their last 8 games). Suarez may be playing in Romania on the 29th of Feb (has been called up to the Uruaguay squad). Whereas Van Persie will only be expected to play at Wembley on Wednesday (if selected for the first team).
I think the opposite.I will go for 1DNB.There are a few reasons.Lpool plays strong vs the so called "favourites".They won against Man UTD for the FA,drew against Man City,won against City for the Carling Cup,again draw against city and won against Chelsea,drew against UTD.Arsenal is in awful away form losing 6 from 9 in all competitions.As we know Arsenal play good football but when they face a team from the top 5 hardly manage to take something.Sunday Lpool won Carling cup and will play a high spirit football.Before this they destroyed at home Brighton.I think that Arsenal are out of CL as much as lpool is.I think that Arsenal win is almost impossible here.gl

I think the opposite.I will go for 1DNB.There are a few reasons.Lpool plays strong vs the so called "favourites".They won against Man UTD for the FA' date='drew against Man City,won against City for the Carling Cup,again draw against city and won against Chelsea,drew against UTD.Arsenal is in awful away form losing 6 from 9 in all competitions.As we know Arsenal play good football but when they face a team from the top 5 hardly manage to take something.Sunday Lpool won Carling cup and will play a high spirit football.Before this they destroyed at home Brighton.I think that Arsenal are out of CL as much as lpool is.I think that Arsenal win is almost impossible here.gl[/quote'] Well that is why Liverpool are favourites. I think Arsenal will be a lot more motivated to win this game, since they are the ones playing for something. I tend to find league form differs from overall form and that Liverpool have found success against strong sides in the cup, yet have found wanting in the League (2 points from the four games versus Man U and Man City, for instance, yet beat them both in cup games).

Well that is why Liverpool are favourites. I think Arsenal will be a lot more motivated to win this game' date=' since they are the ones playing for something. I tend to find league form differs from overall form and that Liverpool have found success against strong sides in the cup, yet have found wanting in the League (2 points from the four games versus Man U and Man City, for instance, yet beat them both in cup games).[/quote'] Ok as you say.In my opinion Lpool won't lose

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March I think this game has a draw written all over it. Liverpool have drawn 8 and won just 4 out of their 12 home games. So, they are unbeaten at home and I don't see inconsistent Arsenal getting a win here. Furthermore, Liverpool have only beaten Newcastle at home out of the teams in the top half of the table and they drew against top 3 sides: 1-1 against both Manchester sides and 0-0 against Spurs. Moreover, I don't expect many goals here. Last 4 games between these two sides produced two goals or less with 2 games out of the said 4 ending 1-1. Draw & Under 2.5 Goals @ 4.33 (1 unit) William Hill

Prediciton: Arsenal win 3.9 @ Stan James Arsenal have won 3 on the bounce in the PL, scoring 14 goals. They have close competition with Chelsea and Newcastle for 4th spot (which seems to be Arsenal's main concern), so I expect them to go looking for the win. The comeback against Spurs will have further boosted their confidence. Liverpool are out of contention for a CL place and only have the FA cup to concentrate on winning. They currently lie 15th in the form table (having gained 9 points from their last 8 games). Suarez may be playing in Romania on the 29th of Feb (has been called up to the Uruaguay squad). Whereas Van Persie will only be expected to play at Wembley on Wednesday (if selected for the first team).
Well that is why Liverpool are favourites. I think Arsenal will be a lot more motivated to win this game' date= since they are the ones playing for something. I tend to find league form differs from overall form and that Liverpool have found success against strong sides in the cup, yet have found wanting in the League (2 points from the four games versus Man U and Man City, for instance, yet beat them both in cup games).
I honestly have no idea how you have decided that Liverpool have nothing to play for?? - Liverpool are 7 points off fourth spot, with a game in hand. - If they were to win their game in hand, that would be 4 points to make up with 12 games remaining (i.e. 36 points available). - They have played the top 3 home and away already, as well as visiting their main rivals Chelsea & Arsenal. - Both Arsenal and Chelsea have yet to visit Anfield. - Arsenal have to play Chelsea and Man City at home. - Chelsea have to visit Liverpool, Arsenal & Man City, as well as hosting Spurs. - This is the same Arsenal that were in crisis prior to Sunday. - And the same Chelsea that based on all reports have a split dressingroom, their captain and defensive linch-pin Terry out for 6 weeks, and whose manager could be axed any day. - Liverpool have just won the Carling Cup, which could provide much needed momentum for the run-in. - Liverpool are a best priced 9/2 for a top 4 finish. They know that this is a crucial game, where they really need to be going all out for the 3 points. Virtually everyone attached to the club has been quoted since Sunday as saying that the CL is the main target for the season. Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but to suggest that Liverpool have nothing to play for here is just baffling!!

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March On the game itself, I agree with statsonthegame that Arsenal will see it as a game they could win. I don't think that they really approach games looking for a draw, unlike Spurs, United or City, who all came to Anfield happy with a draw - and hence the low scoring games. IMO Agger will be a significant absentee for Liverpool - he is out for a number of weeks with a broken rib. He has formed a very strong partnership with Martin Skrtel this season. Skrtel infact has been a relevation, with many connected with Liverpool having him as their player of the seaon so far. But what has really helped Skrtel is that Agger likes to play on the left side in the centre, allowing Skrtel to play on the right. With Agger out, I expect Carragher to come in, but he also plays on the right. And so Skrtel will more than likely be shifted to the left, where he is less comfortable. As a result, I think Liverpool are much less solid defensively without Agger. In addition to this, although he is a long term absentee, Lucas being out could also prove key. Arsenal had a field day through the middle against Spurs on Sunday, where they found acres of space in front of the back four, despite Scott Parker's efforts. This is an area Lucas would of been expected to boss, and without him Liverpool have struggled at times this season. Although nowhere near the same level, Spearing does a similar job in there, and if he was not to play, then it could prove a real problem area for them. It will be interesting to see how Liverpool set-up in this area, considering it is a game they need to be winning. On the Arsenal side of things, it looks like Rosicky and Vermaelen are doubts. Perhaps one of the Arsenal regulars could comment on the impact of their absences, along with others?? At this stage, I would be looking at either BTTS @1.75 (Bwin), or given Liverpool's scoring problems this season (apparently they had 45 goal attempts on Sunday!!), the 1.5 about Arsenal to score (Boylesports) could be something to put in a double. But will not be placing any bets until the internationals are over and team news is confirmed.

I honestly have no idea how you have decided that Liverpool have nothing to play for?? - Liverpool are 7 points off fourth spot, with a game in hand. - If they were to win their game in hand, that would be 4 points to make up with 12 games remaining (i.e. 36 points available). - They have played the top 3 home and away already, as well as visiting their main rivals Chelsea & Arsenal. - Both Arsenal and Chelsea have yet to visit Anfield. - Arsenal have to play Chelsea and Man City at home. - Chelsea have to visit Liverpool, Arsenal & Man City, as well as hosting Spurs. - This is the same Arsenal that were in crisis prior to Sunday. - And the same Chelsea that based on all reports have a split dressingroom, their captain and defensive linch-pin Terry out for 6 weeks, and whose manager could be axed any day. - Liverpool have just won the Carling Cup, which could provide much needed momentum for the run-in. - Liverpool are a best priced 9/2 for a top 4 finish. They know that this is a crucial game, where they really need to be going all out for the 3 points. Virtually everyone attached to the club has been quoted since Sunday as saying that the CL is the main target for the season. Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but to suggest that Liverpool have nothing to play for here is just baffling!!
I think Gerrard was quoted as saying winning a trophy is more important than finishing in a CL place, whereas Wegner was quoted as saying 4th place is a trophy. I think this reflects the different attitudes at each club. You are correct in that Liverpool are fairly short to finish in the top 4, since they have an easy run in (though their record versus mid-table and lower table teams is poor). Winning a cup double would be phenomenal for Liverpool this season and they seem to raise their game to a new level for the cup. In the league they've been solid but unable to maintain any consistency and have been very poor in some games. I think the whole of Arsenal's season rests on finishing in a CL place now, anything more for Liverpool would be a bonus.

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March Liverpool's owner has said that 4th spot is the goal for the club this season. Anyway, I dont see what this type of talk has to do with the match - even if Liverpool were 15 pts behind 4th spot, would they not turn up at Anfield? Course they would. Interesting news is that RVP has a 'non-serious' niggle apparently and he may or may not play tonight for Holland. We really should have pulled him out like every other club seems to do.

I think Gerrard was quoted as saying winning a trophy is more important than finishing in a CL place, whereas Wegner was quoted as saying 4th place is a trophy. I think this reflects the different attitudes at each club. You are correct in that Liverpool are fairly short to finish in the top 4, since they have an easy run in (though their record versus mid-table and lower table teams is poor). Winning a cup double would be phenomenal for Liverpool this season and they seem to raise their game to a new level for the cup. In the league they've been solid but unable to maintain any consistency and have been very poor in some games. I think the whole of Arsenal's season rests on finishing in a CL place now, anything more for Liverpool would be a bonus.
Obviously you are fully entitled to your opinion pal, but I can assure you that Liverpool are 100% focused on this game, and will be no less motivated than Arsenal. And to be basing a bet on them not having something to play for is incorrect imo. I read on twitter that Vermaelen has been named in the starting line-up for Belgium's friendly against Greece tonight. Good news for Arsenal. @IAMGooner, if Rosicky isn't available, will this mean a start for Chamberlain? And is it fair to say that this will provide more natural width for Arsenal, and therefore potentially reduce their threat through the middle (where they had so much joy against Spurs??).

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March Rosicky was playing in a midfield trio with Song/Arteta at the weekend, with Benayoun floating off the left flank and coming inside to congest the middle at times. Ramsey is obviously out, Rosicky has a back problem and there has been no word on him yet, but if he was out, I think Wenger would go with Benayoun in the attacking midfield spot. ------------------------- Song - Arteta ------------------- Rosicky(if fit) or Benayoun -- Walcott --------------- Van Persie ------------- Benayoun/Gervinho/Chamberlain Gervinho actually has to travel to Africa to play for Ivory Coast today which I find pretty ludicrous considering the African Cup just ended a few weeks ago. For what it's worth, I think Liverpool are a tad short atm, would have them closer to 2.25-2.50 and us closer to 3.00 tbh. Liverpool are very hard to beat at home, we all know that, but they also havent really beaten the big sides at home either(0-0 with Spurs, drew twice at home vs City in cup and league, drew in the league vs United and beat them in the cup which I thought was fortunate.) We are also far more vulnerable on the road as shown all season, can score goals anywhere but concede sloppy ones on the road regularly. My thoughts now are that we could see a drab affair in this one, tough week for both sides winning big matches last weekend and internationals in midweek, early kick-off Saturday. Dont think it will be high scoring anyway. But too early to speculate I guess until the internationals are out of the way and team new becomes more apparent.

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March ^ Im sure everyone would like to get a free few quid from Betfair RAE, but can you please not post on this thread. I see the odds as pretty even, though the way Arsenal played against Tottenham gives me new hope for Arsenal. Just as when I think they are going to get beat, they come out with an increadible win, namely against Chelsea and Tottenham. Though Tottenham went 2 up with Arsena's defense looking extremely vulnerable, Arsenal were definately the better side and created plenty of chances in that game. Wenger will be thinking if we can smack in 5 goals backs against the wall without reply against a very good tottenham side, we can do it against AC. That glimmer of champions league progression will still be in the minds of the Arsenal players, though I doubt Wenger will rest players as a reservation for such a small possibility, overall giving two positive effects. Liverpool really struggled in that Carling cup win against Cardiff. Should Johnson's effort ahve gone it it would probably have been a more profitable afternoon for me and a easier job for Liverpool. Busy fixtures for some of Liverpools and Arsenal stars with the international friendly against Netherlands for England today, playing during the weekend and also the champions league for Arsenal having played a few days ago (phew) will have an effect. Will wait for the result of the friendlies.

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March I think winning the Carling Cup will work like a boost for Liverpool. Also, coming back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 will give Arsenal some good confidence. We all agree that both teams to score will be a fact in this one. I got a feeling that will be at least 3 goals in the match and I really fancy a 2-2 final score. Got the same feeling last night when I went to my bookies and place a bet on England v Holland - over 3,5 goals - 3/1 Coral...too bad I lost Germany ..lol

Moreover, I don't expect many goals here. Last 4 games between these two sides produced two goals or less with 2 games out of the said 4 ending 1-1.
I dont know where you took that stat from Mustafa, the last 6 read: 15/08/2010 Premier League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 1:1 13/12/2009 Premier League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 1:2 21/04/2009 Premier League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 4:4 08/04/2008 UEFA Champions League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 4:2 28/10/2007 Premier League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 1:1 31/03/2007 Premier League Liverpool vs. Arsenal 4:1 09/01/2007 Carling Cup Liverpool vs. Arsenal 3:6 and if you took games at Emirates as well, I don't see the relevance..

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March I hope that there will be goals in this game and actually last 7 meetings between these 2 suggest that I just don't see Arsenal defending well enough to keep Liverpool at bay. And what I like about Arsenal is the fact that they play attractive, offensive football and try to score more than the opponent, rather than concede fewer that was the case away at Chelsea and since Arsenal are fighting for the 4th spot, they won't be satisfied with a draw. over 4 goals @5 10/10pts over 3 goals @2.37 10/10pts with bet365

I think this game has a draw written all over it. Liverpool have drawn 8 and won just 4 out of their 12 home games. So, they are unbeaten at home and I don't see inconsistent Arsenal getting a win here. Furthermore, Liverpool have only beaten Newcastle at home out of the teams in the top half of the table and they drew against top 3 sides: 1-1 against both Manchester sides and 0-0 against Spurs. Moreover, I don't expect many goals here. Last 4 games between these two sides produced two goals or less with 2 games out of the said 4 ending 1-1. Draw & Under 2.5 Goals @ 4.33 (1 unit) William Hill
Why would you take that kind of bet @ 4.33 when you can just split your 1 unit into Correct Score 0-0 & 1-1 @ odds around 13.5 & 7.8? Surely that would be better, no?

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March I played Both to Score @1,7 (local) Arsenal is an offensive team and although I have in mind their bad performance in Minalo, I don't believe that they won't score tomorrow. I don't remember when was the last time Liverpool didn't score in a big match and taking in consideration Arsenal's defence, this is the most logical choice.

Why would you take that kind of bet @ 4.33 when you can just split your 1 unit into Correct Score 0-0 & 1-1 @ odds around 13.5 & 7.8? Surely that would be better' date=' no?[/quote'] I guess you are right, looks like it was a wrong selection from me.

I should imagine the possible absence of Steven Gerrard will effect the betting here.
But whether Gerrard plays or not, this is Liverpool playing at Anfield, so I have really got to go for a draw . That has been the story of their season at home. So for me X :p

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March Liverpool have covered a (-3) Corner Handicap in 4 of their last 5 home games. But I’m going to take them with a (-1) Corner Handicap. A bet that has paid out in all 12 of their home games so far......1.7 with Willy Hills....or a Corner supremecy buy with Sporting Index @ 2.5... GL if you follow..:ok

Liverpool have covered a (-3) Corner Handicap in 4 of their last 5 home games. But I’m going to take them with a (-1) Corner Handicap. A bet that has paid out in all 12 of their home games so far......1.7 with Willy Hills....or a Corner supremecy buy with Sporting Index @ 2.5... -1 corner hcp will mean that Liverpool got at least 1 more corner kick then Arsenal?

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal > 3rd March I've taken into account all the points raised here, I think arsenal can win this game and I'm going to predict a 1-2 win for arsenal pays 11/1 at williamhill, Liverpool were very poor against Cardiff and Cardiff could of won than game, Arsenal were very strong against spurs, 1-1 is probably the safest bet but im going for the away win @ 1-2