** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE

GaF

Re: Zoom (Pokerstars equivalent to Full Tilts Rush Poker) had a go off this today, seems fast to me, having not played rush i can't compare the 2. out of interest what was the standard of play on the rush tables and what was the approach, TAG LAG NIT passive aggressive?

Re: Zoom (Pokerstars equivalent to Full Tilts Rush Poker) They're pretty much identical. Games on Rush were super soft when it came out due to no HUD, there's a graph in my thread somewhere i made a couple of k in no time at all but games got nittier when HUDs came in. Will always be a mix of all types of players, no particular style will be better than any others.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE

I never understood what was wrong with "random" - byt the time you've played a few thousand hands' date=' then it's pretty irrelevent isnt it whether its sequential or random?[/quote'] its an age thing,i like to know where i am and as i am not one for thousands of hands the blinds could be crucial for the bit player

i am not one for thousands of hands the blinds could be crucial for the bit player
I mean overall, in your Zoom Lifetime - not just within a session :unsure If you dont play thousands of hands, then the cost of a blind or two will be totally insignificant compared with what is normal poker variance

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE It reduces variance a bit, I suppose, though I agree it's not a major factor. Didn't Rush Poker bias your position to keep it "fairer" in the short term than it would have been if it had been completely random (though not keeping you strictly in rotation)?

Would be cool to see some of your graphs for this if you lot are playing enough.
This is my last 2days so far since it launched, just running good but what can you do! just keep trying to do the right things and see what happens. [ATTACH]2192[/ATTACH]

post-16873-14429283829819_thumb.jpg

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE Nah it's full ring. I'm not sure it's softer in terms of stacking ranges of regs seem to be tighter but that's out-weighed by people just generally playing bad like bluffing in really obvious spots and the fact you get more opportunities to play hands vs worse players instead of a good regs having the jesus seats on them every hand on static tables. I've been pretty 'fortunate' to have played a ton of rush that i knew the dynamics straight off the bat but the games seem to be nitting up a solid amount already, though that is no big problem as it just becomes no different to the normal games only you get in more hands/hr. I'd be kind of surprised if i'm still playing zoom in a week as i think the games will suck balls but if i can break-even at zoom every month can clear $1.5k bonus, but the previous month on the normal games i made over double that (turned my life around before that coincidence?) so i'll probably be in limbo the next week or two. All you can do though is concentrate on playing the next hand well... and the rest will take care of itself.

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE Zoom, just one hand and then my heart went boom Suddenly and we were on the moon Flying high on the neon sky, oh Bang, just one touch and All the church bells rang Heaven called and all the angel sang Sunrise shine in the morning sky, oh Zoom, you chase the flush away High noon, the moon And fish came out to play Then my whole wide world went zoom I passed the straight as it went flying by Faster and faster we were higher than high For once in my lifetime I was finally rich And now zoom is my bitch

Zoom' date= just one hand and then my heart went boom Suddenly and we were on the moon Flying high on the neon sky, oh Bang, just one touch and All the church bells rang Heaven called and all the angel sang Sunrise shine in the morning sky, oh Zoom, you chase the flush away High noon, the moon And fish came out to play Then my whole wide world went zoom I passed the straight as it went flying by Faster and faster we were higher than high For once in my lifetime I was finally rich And now zoom is my bitch
Get yourself onto britian's got talent all you need is a mole and a cowboy hat.

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE This is my zoom graph so far, haven't been able to play at all today though due to a bug in their system :(. Pure profits drifted off somewhat which is what i predicted 10days ago, but i don't plan to quit it yet as i can get in 1k hands/hour and i'm finding the games really interesting as there's lots of subtle new dynamics coming in and out of play every few days as people get all their stats on the players etc. The thing is you can try something new for a couple of hrs and after one session you know clearly whether it worked or not or what worked and what didn't due to the sheer volume you can get in so it's very easy to keep your game fresh. 33vkoie.jpg

Re: Pokerstars Zoom now LIVE Are you using any kind of HUD for zoom Nade. I played some omaha zoom but found it too volatile and think that table selection for omaha games is still a better option. Too many regs and nits on the omaha tables on zoom.