** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Madness|Madness (Repeat)

madnesstiger

Hi All, I've been away from the game a while, so I've decided to start again with some 'basic training' in GloryHunting! As the title subtly suggests, the stategy here is to double up, split the bank, double up and split the bank again. Simple as that. Starting with a measly bank of £10, the initial target will be £20, before splitting this into 2 banks of £10 and repeating the feat to give a final bank of £40. For this (hopefully short, but not prematurely so) 'hunt' the bets will be made purely on Football (Soccer) matches with the majority of bets being on the 1+ goals markets, each with expectant odds of between 1.05-1.10. I'll be looking at around 10-12 winners to ensure the initial goal is reached. Any failure in this period will result in the familiar phrase 'Game Over'. So, here goes nothing... ! STARTING BANK: £10.00 BET 1 Bragantino SP vs Sao Paulo Total Goals 1+ @ 1.07 :hope

Re: Madness|Madness (Repeat) CURRENT BANK: £11.77 BET 3 Karabukspor vs Ankaragucu Karabukspor to Win @ 1.14 :hope Heading to Turkey for this one. Karabukspor are on a decent run of form, and host a depleated Ankaragucu squad, who have lost many of their players this season. Five of whom have signed for the home side alone. Gucu gave debuts to two 17-year-olds in their last game and this shows how tough times are for the club from the Capital. Karabukspor have their Romanian captain Florin Cernat available and also new signing, striker Mehmet Yildiz. Gucu have not scored in their last 9 games, and have conceded 17 in their last 6. Low odds yes, but I believe Karabuk have more than 88% chance of winning this one.

Re: Madness|Madness (Repeat) The Story So Far Ok, just 8 winning bets and that's the first part of the GH completed. The initial bank has been doubled to £20.79 and now I will split this into 2 equal banks (yes, one will have 1p more than the other, smart-arse!). Both banks will continue in the same fashion, in the hope that both will double-up again. The only difference from now on, is that if one result fails to come in, then I still have the other bank to fall back on and the strategy will revert to the one bank being used to double to £20 as in the initial stages, before being split again. Part 2 - The Two Banks Bank 1 will start with £10.40 Bank 2 will start with £10.39 MT

Re: Madness|Madness (Repeat) Cheers kevsul & aldric! Hopefully these next two can also be both winners inside 4 minutes ;) BANK 1 - BET 2 Pacos de Ferreira v Nacional Madeira Total Goals 1+ £11.60 @ 1.10 (to win £1.16) *** BANK 2 - BET 2 Viktoria Plzen v Dukla Praha Total Goals 1+ £11.17 @ 1.05 (to win £0.56) :hope

Re: Madness|Madness (Repeat)

Nice one keep discipline and good look to your threads
Cheers ana - can I call you ana? sounds a bit feminine I know, but I'd feel ever so dorky if I were to refer to you as anaconda69 too often ;) Yes, you're quite right, discipline is key in every system/strategy. Even though this one is very basic and is being attempted to try and raise some future GH funds, it is also a refresher lesson in discipline and watching myself that I don't fall into placing too many bets just for the sake of it. Thanks mate, hope you continue to follow. MT

Re: Madness|Madness (Repeat)

Cheers ana - can I call you ana? sounds a bit feminine I know' date= but I'd feel ever so dorky if I were to refer to you as anaconda69 too often ;) Yes, you're quite right, discipline is key in every system/strategy. Even though this one is very basic and is being attempted to try and raise some future GH funds, it is also a refresher lesson in discipline and watching myself that I don't fall into placing too many bets just for the sake of it. Thanks mate, hope you continue to follow. MT
ana is fine, i'm up £70.00 this week just doing £2 lays, so going well myself, but do lack discipline at times when i lose, trying to keep calm and continue with same staking strategy.:D