The Cheltenham Bankers

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers

Out of the bankers this year I've laid Sizing and Big Buck's. Let's see what happens. :D
If your lays come in then I'll predict that Finian's Rainbow and So Young could be the horses to spring the shocks. I'll probably oppose them both on value terms and try find an ew alternative or take a w/o fav bet instead. Brave to lay Sizing Europe though, one of the best chasers in training for me. Good luck with them anyway. :ok

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers Hi BKI, I have been following your advice for the last few months because you know what your talking about. Can I ask why you see Sizing as a lay because I have a decent sized bet on him at 4/1. I personaly think he is the best chaser over two miles and has looked better than ever this season and I can't see anything in the field that will get close to him but you know a lot more than me so your reasoning will help me improve in my future selections. Cheers mate.

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers I agree that Quevega is probably the biggest banker of this year but I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that Geraghty is probably THE most overrated jump jockey out there. He's got some good rides and it would take some doing to fuck up on Sprinter Sacre but I'd be happy to bet that he won't finish second in the top jockey market. He's living on past reputation in my view.

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers I very much like the mare Quevega but why has she only had 2 races the last 2 seasons ? Has she had training /injury problems . Is the 10 month breaks by design ? If she reproduces her winning performances she's got a great chance , but to come here after almost a year off , can she be called the " biggest banker of the year " ? How many of you out there are prepared to put a maximum bet on her ?

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers Eatyourwords, I've backed Sizing at 14s (Tingle Creek) combo, so either way is alright for me. I just think the form might've been overrated and that he's not as far ahead of the rest as the figures say. He's obviously the most likely winner but evens is just way too short. He absolutely destroyed Big Zeb lto and it wouldn't be the first time a top horse has left it's best race behind.

I very much like the mare Quevega but why has she only had 2 races the last 2 seasons ? Has she had training /injury problems . Is the 10 month breaks by design ? If she reproduces her winning performances she's got a great chance , but to come here after almost a year off , can she be called the " biggest banker of the year " ? How many of you out there are prepared to put a maximum bet on her ?
She does too much at home if you push her, so she goes to Chelt fresh with just few gallops behind her. She doesn't even school at home. The first flight she actually jumps is the one at Cheltenham. She is just a freakishly good horse.

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers Sizing Europe is my banker of the festival. Only danger is Finian's Rainbow who has raced twice at Cheltenham before and has twice been outstayed up the hill. Big Zeb is a danger if back to his best but he was well beaten by SE last time out. Big Bucks is my lay of the festival. The streak will surely come to end someday and this looks his toughest task to date. There are so many decent animals in the World Hurdle this year. Oscar Whisky improves every time he steps up in distance and I expect him to get the better of BB. Plus there are several quality Irish horses in the race this year. Should be a cracking race!

Big Bucks is my lay of the festival. The streak will surely come to end someday and this looks his toughest task to date. There are so many decent animals in the World Hurdle this year. Oscar Whisky improves every time he steps up in distance and I expect him to get the better of BB. Plus there are several quality Irish horses in the race this year. Should be a cracking race!
The young pretenters have come in the past to seize the throne from the KING,inevitably they were vanquished,this year will be no different :ok any chance you gonna lay me even money on Big Bucks then? :loon Be amazedif all 6 shorties win,for me LONG RUN looks the least likely winner.

Big Bucks is my lay of the festival. The streak will surely come to end someday and this looks his toughest task to date. There are so many decent animals in the World Hurdle this year. Oscar Whisky improves every time he steps up in distance and I expect him to get the better of BB. Plus there are several quality Irish horses in the race this year. Should be a cracking race!
Big Bucks is my banker of the entire Cheltenham festival , been putting some of my profits on all through the winter . He's been short all winter however the money invested will return a much higher return than in a high interest account. Can't see why you would say he's your lay of the festival , theres nothing to suggest so far that he will get beat , hopefully his winning steak will not come to an end , come on Big Bucks !!

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers I've just come back from the official Cheltenham preview night and the one 'banker' the SportingBet rep thinks the bookies will be very keen to get beaten is Big Bucks. There's no pace in the race and unless Big Bucks makes the running it's thought that Mullins will look to have the race run in a way that will suit Thousand Stars. This could mean having Mourad or So Young making the "running" (although walking would probably be a more appropriate word) for the first couple of miles before sprinting the last. This would be very similar to the race when Thousand Stars won the French Champion hurdle over 3m 2f and would surely suit the the Mullins mount and Oscars Whisky. SportingBet were taking Big Bucks on offering evens tonight at the preview and seem to think he could trade a similar price on the morning of the race. They were also keen to take on Sprinter Sacre in the Arkle pointing out the favorites poor record in the race, saying SS wanted a flat track and wouldn't find a great deal if he got into a battle, and another interesting trend that no horse that has finished in the first three in the Supreme Novices in the last 14 years has gone on to win in the festival next year (although that seems more a coincidence to me!). The one they didn't want to take on was Long Run. Ruby made all at Haydock and Kempton and ran the race to suit his mount. With Midnight Chase, Quel Esprit and The Giant Bolster. Kauto's not going to get his own way at Cheltenham and a truly run race at Cheltenham over the extra couple of furlongs will only suit Long Run. Nothing on any known form will beat Long Run (barring accidents).

first day treble ' date=' hurricane fly , quevega, sprinter sacre surely ?[/quote'] No such thing as a sure thing. The fact Quevega's only run is Cheltenham does, to me at least, suggest that sooner or later she's got to come unstuck. Last horse to win at 4 consecutive festivals was Istabraaq. Not saying she's not capable, but time and other quality horses suggest it's never as open and close as some would have it. Although granted, being ring rusty hasn't stopped the onslaught before. Favourites at Cheltenham have a nasty habit of being a bookies best friend at Cheltenham imo. As soon as PP put up that Arkle offer, I counted SS out. They do get it wrong sometimes with big offers, but let's be honest - Not that often.

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers For me Quevega is the biggest cert of the week Why would you discount SS based on a bookie offer? That doesn't make sense. I am aware they have taken 3 horses on and they have been beat, but you need to take each one on it's merits

Re: The Cheltenham Bankers Quevega is a freak. People shouldn't worry about her break, she arrived last year with no run in 10 months and won hard on the steel. She's a brilliant horse and is my banker. Surprised to see so many people willing to take on Big Bucks. They've tried all sorts of different tactics to try get him beat before and nothing has ever worked. Grands Crus came with a big challenge last year and BB just brushed him aside. Big Bucks is a very close 2nd behind Quevega for me in terms of biggest banker. Long Run has to be the dodgy one. Burton Port had him sweating massively and I just don't think he's the same horse as last year.

For me Quevega is the biggest cert of the week Why would you discount SS based on a bookie offer? That doesn't make sense. I am aware they have taken 3 horses on and they have been beat, but you need to take each one on it's merits
My wording here was fairly poor. What I intended to get across is that it contributed to the decision. Hard to rule out such a dominant horse, what I perhaps meant and should have said is that I reckon it's opposable for the much listed reasons, ie, the hill et al, and this. Apologies. Edit so as not to double post - Won with consumate ease. Stand corrected.