Ukraine 2012 info

Hi guys! My name is Alex from Ukraine Kharkiv. Our country has an honor to host EURO 2012 football competition. If you going to visit Ukraine at the invent it’s great, and if have any question about locations of places where to go or something else I will gladly give you an info.

Re: Ukraine 2012 info Hello, Alex; :welcome to forum, and thank you for your offer to help and advise! :ok I won't go to Euro 2012, that's for sure, but while you're offering info on places to visit, may I abuse this thread for quite off-topic question, please. If I ever happen to find myself in your country, I'd like to visit Chernobyl exclusion zone and city of Pripyat, all that inspired by amazing stories and photos of Elena Filatova; have you heard of her, and do you know if her stories and photos are genuine, or only a marketing trick? There is a lot of controversial info on internet about her, so not able to decide whether it's truth or no... Is Pripyat indeed open for visitors, without much hassle about permits, etc.?

Re: Ukraine 2012 info

Hello, Alex; :welcome to forum, and thank you for your offer to help and advise! :ok I won't go to Euro 2012, that's for sure, but while you're offering info on places to visit, may I abuse this thread for quite off-topic question, please. If I ever happen to find myself in your country, I'd like to visit Chernobyl exclusion zone and city of Pripyat, all that inspired by amazing stories and photos of Elena Filatova; have you heard of her, and do you know if her stories and photos are genuine, or only a marketing trick? There is a lot of controversial info on internet about her, so not able to decide whether it's truth or no... Is Pripyat indeed open for visitors, without much hassle about permits, etc.?
Well,as far as i know Chernobyl and Prypjat are guarded by army and i never heard about public visitors.You could probably get there if you pay alot of money-i mean unofficialy but otherwise no.Also i don't think you will live long after visiting exclusion zone anyway,the radiaton level is still high.Just another abonded city,nothing special tbh-no dead bodies or anything like that. there is not many places in ukraine to go anyway.i wouldn't go there.High level of povetry,dead and abonded small towns,criminals.esatren Ukraine-Donbas,Donetsk,Dnepropetrovsk,Zaporozzja are sh*t holes-industrial estates-nothing to see at all exept of high polution level.Krimeriya(Krym)-yes,but very expensive.That's why our people go to Bulgaria or Turkey-it's cheaper.Odessa and sevastopol-maybe,it's ok.Kiev is spot on,probably the only place to see in Ukraine.Western ukraine is a bit more greener and with some style-Lviv is probaly one of the best places in Western Ukraine to go. If you do go there then whatch out for your wallets and mobile phones ;)

Re: Ukraine 2012 info Thanks for the detailed info! I haven't planned to go to Ukraine, I was just wondering about status of that area around Chernobyl... But sad to hear about such a bad standard; unfortunately, I'm afraid it's similar in most of our, east european countries... :\

nothing special tbh-no dead bodies or anything like that.
I know, I didn't expect to see such a stuff there! :lol It's more about leftovers of powerplant burried under sarcophagus, and cities and villages abandoned overnight; must be stunning to see, and depressed in the same time!...

• 3 months later...