Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb Prediction: Sunderland Win Both teams are in fine form at the moment, ranking 3rd (Sunderland) and 5th (Norwich) in the current form table. Sunderland have had great momentum since Martin O'Neill took over, conceding only 2 goals and getting 10 out of 12 points in their last four home games. Norwich have only had one clean sheet so far this season, so even though Sunderland have managed 29 goals in 22 games, scoring won't be a great problem. Sunderland have one of the lowest averages total goals per game in the league, generally looking to keep games low scoring. Norwich on the other hand have been more unpredictable, with Paul Lambert frequently changing how they play, sometimes games are tight, sometimes open. I'd stay away from the over under 2.5 here, since Sunderland only have an average of 49% possession at home and don't look to dictate the play. I could see this finishing 3-2 as easily as it could finish 1-0, depending on how Norwich play. 4/5 @ Stan James

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb Odds and bookie

Prediction: Sunderland Win Both teams are in fine form at the moment, ranking 3rd (Sunderland) and 5th (Norwich) in the current form table. Sunderland have had great momentum since Martin O'Neill took over, conceding only 2 goals and getting 10 out of 12 points in their last four home games. Norwich have only had one clean sheet so far this season, so even though Sunderland have managed 29 goals in 22 games, scoring won't be a great problem. Sunderland have one of the lowest averages total goals per game in the league, generally looking to keep games low scoring. Norwich on the other hand have been more unpredictable, with Paul Lambert frequently changing how they play, sometimes games are tight, sometimes open. I'd stay away from the over under 2.5 here, since Sunderland only have an average of 49% possession at home and don't look to dictate the play. I could see this finishing 3-2 as easily as it could finish 1-0, depending on how Norwich play.

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb I watched the game Sunderland played against Middlesborough, and I have to say that first of all, it was an entertaining match. Secondly, every time Middlesboro' advanced forwards, they looked extremely dangerous and there is panic in the Sunderland penalty area. Headers going off at tangents as well as bad shape in the defence. Though they only conceaded to an excellent goal, they rode their luck at times and Boro' had excellent chances to extend their lead as well as having many oppotunities to shoot, though mostly off target and wasted by two of their players. McClean is looking like a proper footballer now and not just a one match performance. Hes strong, has plenty of enthusiasm and will chase the ball to try to win it back. Perhaps its showing O'Neill and the spirit he puts into his players. The goal and return of Campbell i'd have to agree really was a dream one. To be out of football and first team action for so long and to come back and score a goal like that is incredible. Sessegnon is also an excellent player, will hold the ball up and has plenty of skills to trick past defenders and move into dangerous areas. Larsson free kicks are as good as you'll ever see and vaughan can pop in the odd 35 yard volley. You can see where this is all leading. Norwich themsleves have only managed to keep one clean sheet in the league this season in 0 - 0 draw with Chelsea, though arguable Chelsea should have won that game, with Torres missing some glorious chances, though not as bad as the miss against Manchester utd :lol. Norwich have been excellent under Lambert and are really capable of scoring, they created numerous chances at Old trafford, scored against Chelsea, liverpool and Man City at the bridge, Anfield, and the Etihad respectively. Both teams to score 1.79-1.85 Exchange prices, (Ladbrokes 1.83) 10/10 Over 2.5 1.97 Pinnacle 10/10

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill could be without a trio of key players. Defender Wes Brown (medial ligament) and midfielder David Vaughan (ankle ligament) could be sidelined for several weeks after suffering injuries in Sunday's FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough, while skipper Lee Cattermole missed that game with a hamstring problem which could keep him out again. O'Neill will hope Fraizer Campbell has suffered no reaction to his first senior appearance in 17 months following a long-term knee problem, and that fellow striker Connor Wickham recovers from his exertions at the weekend with Nicklas Bendtner still out with a fractured nose. Norwich have no fresh injury worries. Goalkeeper John Ruddy, Wales striker Steve Morison and midfielders Bradley Johnson and Andrew Surman were all rested for the FA Cup win at West Brom and will come back into contention, along with on-loan Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton, who was ineligible. Striker James Vaughan has recovered from his long-term knee injury but is expected to need more time to get fully match fit, as is defender Elliott Ward. Sunderland (from): Mignolet, Westwood, Bardsley, O'Shea, Bramble, Turner, Richardson, Gardner, Larsson, Elmohamady, McClean, Meyler, Colback, Sessegnon, Wickham, Ji, Campbell. Norwich (from): Ruddy, Martin, Whitbread, Ayala, Naughton, Surman, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington, Morison, Holt, Steer, Bennett, Crofts, Wilbraham, Drury, Hoolahan, Jackson, Lappin, Tierney, Barnett.

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb Over 2.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Sunderland have won 4 and drawn one of their last 6 games in the EPL as they have a new lease of life due to their manager O'Neill. They have managed to score in 8 of their last 10 EPL games, but also have conceded in 8 of these games as well. They face another team with some very good recent form, as Norwich have won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 4 games, scoring in 8 of their last 10 games (at least twice in 5 of their last 10 games) but also conceding in 9 of these games. With Sunderland looking likely to have several defenders out, like Norwich to score, but also with their own leaky defence, expect Norwich to concede as well. Norwich won 2-1 at home earlier in the season, and given their current respective form, hard not to see more goals in this game Season record: 101-125 (+12.11)

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb [TABLE] [TR] [TD][h=1]Tip Detail[/h][/TD] [TD=align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Sunderland v Norwich [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Sunderland [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 01/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Betfred @ 1.83 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Sunderland are a better side then Norwich and with current form I would expect them to comfortably win especially as they are at home. Norwich are currently mid table and were seen as being one of the favs to go down so I would expect them to drop a few points over the coming weeks which will see them drop down the table. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Norwich > 1 Feb

I watched the game Sunderland played against Middlesborough' date=' and I have to say that first of all, it was an entertaining match[/quote'] Sundays game was superb, not awash with skill but a really enjoyable classic English game bereft of the typical behavioural nonsense that gets served up in the Prem every week. Tonights fixture should see much of the same with Norwich one of the outstanding views last season having carried themselves forward in the same veign. In terms of physical strength I see Sunderland and Norwich a good match though I wouldn't want to be in a sandwich between McLean and Holt ! I won't be betting this game as I'm having a few weeks off for the mo, but predict it finishing 2-2 To some degree this might not seem like a reasoned post being so short, but thats only because most of the data I would have quoted has already been mentioned in several of the above postings. Norwich, the dream club for hungry footballers

[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Tip Detail[/TD] [TD=align: right][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Event[/TD] [TD] Sunderland v Norwich[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Selection[/TD] [TD] Sunderland[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 01/02/2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Betfred @ 1.83[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Sunderland are a better side then Norwich and with current form I would expect them to comfortably win especially as they are at home. Norwich are currently mid table and were seen as being one of the favs to go down so I would expect them to drop a few points over the coming weeks which will see them drop down the table.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Happy Days. Good start to the month.

Agreed thus'' date=' unthinkable Norwich wouldn't get at least one.[/quote'] Yes, especially scoring at Stamford bridge, the Etihad, and Anfield this season. Not to mention creating plenty of chances at old trafford. Apart from that the only games Norwich has failed to score this season was against Tottenham at white hart lane, and a 0 - 0 home draw against Chelsea, which they kept their only clean sheet of the season.

Over 2.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Sunderland have won 4 and drawn one of their last 6 games in the EPL as they have a new lease of life due to their manager O'Neill. They have managed to score in 8 of their last 10 EPL games, but also have conceded in 8 of these games as well. They face another team with some very good recent form, as Norwich have won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 4 games, scoring in 8 of their last 10 games (at least twice in 5 of their last 10 games) but also conceding in 9 of these games. With Sunderland looking likely to have several defenders out, like Norwich to score, but also with their own leaky defence, expect Norwich to concede as well. Norwich won 2-1 at home earlier in the season, and given their current respective form, hard not to see more goals in this game
:D Season record: 103-128 (+11.16)