** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Prediction: Man City Win 10/11 @ Stan James Everton have lost all 6 games versus top 6 sides, conceding 11 and scoring 1. Recent form has reflected their current position (as a mid to bottom table side). Recent home performances in the league have been poor (a draw with Blackburn and Norwich and a loss 2-1 to Bolton) Man City have had a few mixed results away recently (losing to Sunderland and drawing with West Brom). That is why I think the odds are so good. You get a lesser price betting on Liverpool to beat Wolves away (who have almost an identical home record as Everton). So a good value bet for me.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan BTTS 1.91 (3/10) William Hill This pick is more against Man City's defence than for Evertons strike force plus I feel there's value in this price on William Hill because they have this at 1.91 with most others around the 1.75-1.80 mark. Everton have a good record against Man City winning three of the last four meetings at Goodison park. Everton have only kept one clean sheet at home this season and have scored in seven out of there eleven home games. Man City have only kept three clean sheets at home this season and even with Kompany returning from suspension tonight I don't see them keeping a fourth away clean sheet of the season. They have scored in nine of there eleven away games. I'm sure the Everton players will be more motivated to put on a good performance after two disappointing results against Blackburn and Bolton. I expect them to come out and put pressure on Man City for the first twenty minutes or so.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Manchester City to win 1.81 @ Centrebet

• Key here is that Distin and Jagielka (2 starting central defenders) are injured and 20 year old Duffy will continue there with Baines.

Also Kompany is back so Savic won't play which sures up City at the back City had 2 extra days to rest and prepare for this game. Everton struggle to score (something like 11 goals in 14 home games) Only key absentee for City is Yaya Toure. United have tough game at home to stoke and a massive injury list so City will be keen to turn the screws here and keep pressure on. Goodluck all :ok

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan This swings its for me. My money will be on Man City

Manchester City to win 1.81 @ Centrebet
  • Key here is that Distin and Jagielka (2 starting central defenders) are injured and 20 year old Duffy will continue there with Baines.

Also Kompany is back so Savic won't play which sures up City at the back City had 2 extra days to rest and prepare for this game. Everton struggle to score (something like 11 goals in 14 home games) Only key absentee for City is Yaya Toure. United have tough game at home to stoke and a massive injury list so City will be keen to turn the screws here and keep pressure on. Goodluck all :ok

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Everton vs Manchester City =2 (1.83) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Everton position 14° points 26 Man City position 1° points 54 Preview: Everton: injured Phil Jagielka (defender 19 / 2), Sylvain Distin (defender 14 / 0), Seamus Coleman (defender 13 / 0), Jack Rodwell (midfielder 12 / 2), Leon Osman (midfielder 18 / 3); in doubt: Ross Barkley (midfielder 5 / 0). Man City: suspended Mario Balotelli (striker 15 / 9); absent due to international commitments: Yaya Toure (midfielder 20 / 3), Kolo Toure (defender 8 / 0); goes back: Vincent Kompany (defender 19 / 2). Everton have a score in house w3-d3-l5 goals scored 11 goals against 13 Man City have a score out of the house w6-d3-l2 goalsscored 26 goals against 12. The home team is not in great shape and this can be seen well from the last 4 meetings where he recorded with Tottenham and Bolton 2 losses and 2 draws with Blackburn and Aston. While the visiting team if he wants to keep away from Man Utd must win this game. The Man City is a great team with people of the world, in the last 3 games 3 receiver has registered with Liverpool, Wigan, Tottenham. Home team far below the mark 2 seems the most logical choice and justified. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan

Evertons H2H record against City at Goodison is currently preventing me taking City' date=' although I am tempted. Man City have only won 1 nin 13 here. Everton 8, Draw 4 and City 1.[/quote'] Do you really think H2H is relevant here before City were bought by oil money? I dont think that City 5 years or even 2 years ago is close the team that is today.

Evertons H2H record against City at Goodison is currently preventing me taking City' date=' although I am tempted. Man City have only won 1 nin 13 here. Everton 8, Draw 4 and City 1.[/quote'] yes its true but city was never a strong as now l think this will be good game and city will win in 2.half X-2

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Man City -1 (EH) @ 3.30 centrebet Though City have a poor record against Everton, this is a game between two teams have a disparity in player quality. For Everton, they have problems in defence without their two regular players there, Jagielka and Distin, and having to face Aguero, Dzeko and maybe even Ballotelli, it will be very hard to stop a team that has averagd nearly 3 goals a game this season. With Kompany returning in defence, then hard to see an Everton side, who has struggled to score all year, doing so on this very good defence. City beat them 2-0 earlier this season at home, and can see them doing so again, as they look to maintain their lead over rivals Man Utd at the top of the table.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan City to win to nil 9/4 Ladbrokes I'll probably have a large bet on city outright and a smaller amount on this, but seeing as how quite a few people have already tipped the outright I'll just talk about this one. Everton's attack has been poor all season and whilst City's defence has been poor lately, the return of Vincent Kompany should make a massive difference. I don't really see Everton causing too many problems. 9/4 is definite value here.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Great price on City to win and City to win to nil. Everton's central defence without Jagielka and Distin shouldn't be able to cope with Aguero, Balotelli and co. They're also without starting midfielders Jack Rodwell and Leon Osman, as well as Saha being sold today. Cahill and Neville are both still there to put studs in on David Silva so I wouldn't be surprised to see similar tactics to those adopted at Goodison Park earlier this season. But there's plenty of talent around him to win the game for City. I'm backing an away win here.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan Just can't see Everton being good enough to take all the points here. The return of Kompany will be a big lift to the City defence and their strike force will be too much for a weakened Everton defence. Take an easy option with City and the draw, DC, @ 1.16 with Paddypower.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > 31 Jan I feel this game will be rather scrappy. Everton tried to get at Man Utd right from the start when they met a few months ago in the league, but most shots were very tame and straight at De Gea. I think a similar game will be expected from these both sides. Funnily enough I think whoever takes the lead wont go on to win the match. The game will start somewhat slowly and any early goal will give the other team a good kicking up the backside. City's players are somewhat abit lazy and with all this transfer fiasco with Tevez around plus hostile night conditions at goodison I dont see a smooth flowing game you'd expect in a 15:00 saturday kickoff (thats my stereotyping!). Everton have lost even more players and bought in few. Gibson will need more time to adapt and really make an impression on the team, though this is a fixture he should relish after being released by Manchester Utd. Billyaletdinov (cant spell!) and Saha have both left and wont feature, as well as injury problems with the likes of Jagielka and Rodwell who will both be out for a few more weeks and will be the most missed. Everton will still have good players avaliable. Baines is key, and Drenthe will provide plenty of extra skill and imagination to the team. Initially I thought unders will contain value, though slightly suprised to see unders being the favourite at around 1.900, with overs at 2.100. I know city have a dip in form and they will have Kompany back, Goodison park isnt an easy place to visit and they will conceade goals. Unders is likely and perhaps the more informed bet, though the odds have shortened to make it unbackable. Over 2.5 can easily be knocked in, with the likes of Aguero and Silva who can break down any defence and get goals out of nothing. Personally I rate over/under at exactly 50-50, hence the 10% margin in the overs bet. Over 2.5 11/10 (SJ best odds atm) 10/10 Man City odd are also very tasty. I give plenty of credit to Everton, though odds suggest marginal value is on Man City. Man City 10/11 (BV) 6/10. I believe with Coral you can back City at 10/11, and if theres a in injury time that turns your bet into a loser, eg City winning 1 - 0, Everton scores goal in 90+1minutes, then you will get a refund on your bet, and is a preferable bookie, though the max refund is only £100) [h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

BTTS 1.91 (3/10) William Hill This pick is more against Man City's defence than for Evertons strike force plus I feel there's value in this price on William Hill because they have this at 1.91 with most others around the 1.75-1.80 mark. Everton have a good record against Man City winning three of the last four meetings at Goodison park. Everton have only kept one clean sheet at home this season and have scored in seven out of there eleven home games. Man City have only kept three clean sheets at home this season and even with Kompany returning from suspension tonight I don't see them keeping a fourth away clean sheet of the season. They have scored in nine of there eleven away games. I'm sure the Everton players will be more motivated to put on a good performance after two disappointing results against Blackburn and Bolton. I expect them to come out and put pressure on Man City for the first twenty minutes or so.
Disappointing performance from Man City. Shame that Nasri effort hit the bar in the first half

Do you really think H2H is relevant here before City were bought by oil money? I dont think that City 5 years or even 2 years ago is close the team that is today.
Yes I do, not because of last nights result. Everton seem to occassionaly through up big performances when playing the top sides, I wouldnt back a side with my hard earned just because of H2H stats but when I see records like 12-4-1 its enough to potentionally put me off.

Man City -1 (EH) @ 3.30 centrebet Though City have a poor record against Everton, this is a game between two teams have a disparity in player quality. For Everton, they have problems in defence without their two regular players there, Jagielka and Distin, and having to face Aguero, Dzeko and maybe even Ballotelli, it will be very hard to stop a team that has averagd nearly 3 goals a game this season. With Kompany returning in defence, then hard to see an Everton side, who has struggled to score all year, doing so on this very good defence. City beat them 2-0 earlier this season at home, and can see them doing so again, as they look to maintain their lead over rivals Man Utd at the top of the table.
:eek Did not see that one coming Season record: 101-125 (+12.11)