England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan

Spooner

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan This in reality could be both teams by my reasoning. My bet is CP to win. Got 4.5 odds on it from skybet earlier. I'm a 1/10 on this though and using a free bet token to boot. I would be declining to bet my own cash on game. - and need good odds for a token to pay as you all know. My feeling is CP will be fully committed following Blackpool defeat sat

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan I must say I'm looking forward to this game tonight. I don't think that Crystal Palace can win outright, but certainly to qualify is a decent shout for me. High pressure game, and perhaps Freedman might have touched a nerve here with his comments. However, I do believe that with Cardiff having to push for the majority of the match, there will be opportunities for Palace and one away goal might be crucial for them.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan

Quite fancy the overs tonight @ 2.24 - Betfair. Really surprised the bookies favour such a low scoring encounter. The first leg was a pulsating game' date=' and I can remember both sides coming very close to adding to the 1-0 scoreline.... With Palace holding a 1-0 advantage Cardiff have to push early on, and I can't see Palace keeping them out, which means at some point they are going to have to open up. If we can score two in Cardiff, then anyone can.[/quote'] 5pts over 2.5 goals @ 2.24 Betfair I got on this earlier this morning, but it has taken me till now to login and find this thread :p Agree with everything you say really - Cardiff will have to come out at some point, and Palace are more than capable of getting an away goal. At the end of the day this will be the best chance most of these players have of making a Wembley final and they won't want to leave anything on the pitch. The first game was surprisingly open for a first leg and with the away team holding a 1 goal lead I think this match is perfectly setup for goals. The odds on offer only making it even more appealing.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Palace to Qualify at 10/11 should be spammed with as much as you can get on it imo. SJ are offering 10/11, Pinnacles proposition bet on this market is only 1.813, compared to 2.110 for Palace. If you're cheeky and investigate abit more you can probably guarantee yourself a profit. Compare it with any Asian handicap markets, this bet wins with any Draw/Palace win, Palace +0.75 is currently about 2.050, and you'll lose half your stake already if Cardiff wins by 1 goal, or completely lose if they win by 2 or more. Though you will win marginally more should it come through as a Palace win or draw. On to extra time we go+0.75 youve already lost half your stake, nothing else to see for you here plus you'll miss out on the excitment, with to Qualify your bet will probably be worth around EVS taking into account every aggregate score /result. 1 - 0 after extra 30 minutes will take it to penaltys and perhaps CArdiff will have slight home advantage, though your bet will only lose about 15% of its value, 1 - 2 or 2 - 3 or even any of the other higher score 1 goal margin will see your bet as a winner after the extra 30 minutes in extra time, going into extra time losing 1 - 2 Palace to hold out for 30 minutes i'd imagine will be very low, perhaps 1.40 at the highest, though it could depend on red cards and the nature of the game itself, though with the red card it could work both ways. Anyways ive been waffling. Im not qutie used to this format btw, few new neat features though the old simple version I preferred! Ill probably get used to it! Back to the game, as you all know Palace has put all their eggs in one basket, rested main players against Blackpool in the league to try and progress to the final, no more injury plagues for the team and it should be a cracking game. I wont waffle on, Palace itself has good value! Though Cardiff have the players to progress, though I'd probably value their chances 2.2 vs 1.8, giving 10/11 about 11% value X0.91 = 5% yield on this game, my 10 units profit is long run expectant profit of 0.5 units. I really am going on here, i must stop.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Palace make 11 change for tonight's match - i.e have their best team out tonight as far as I know. I agree "Thruspider", there is some value on Palace to qualify, though I'm actually laying Cardiff for the match, and backing them in extra time markets and a bit of a saver on penalty shoot outs. 7.75pts lay of Cardiff - 1.73 (8/11) @ betfair 1.25pts Palace to win in extra time - 16/1 @ ladbrokes is cracking value, as they should be fresher as none of their players started on Saturday; also away goals kicks in after extra time & Cardiff have no away goals from the first leg. 0.5pts palace to win on penalties - 33/1 @ ladbrokes 0.5pts cardiff to win on penalties - 33/1 @ ladbrokes

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Liverpool are just over 4/6 TO WIN THE CUP on betfair at the moment. That's absolutely crazy. They shouldn't be that short just to beat Cardiff (who look big favourites to be going through), never mind having to get through tomorrow's game as well. Madness

Palace make 11 change for tonight's match - i.e have their best team out tonight as far as I know. I agree "Thruspider", there is some value on Palace to qualify, though I'm actually laying Cardiff for the match, and backing them in extra time markets and a bit of a saver on penalty shoot outs. 7.75pts lay of Cardiff - 1.73 (8/11) @ betfair 1.25pts Palace to win in extra time - 16/1 @ ladbrokes is cracking value, as they should be fresher as none of their players started on Saturday; also away goals kicks in after extra time & Cardiff have no away goals from the first leg. 0.5pts palace to win on penalties - 33/1 @ ladbrokes 0.5pts cardiff to win on penalties - 33/1 @ ladbrokes
Very nice bets, I saw a match winner on William hill that was abit similar, but really you're just betting on it being 1 - 0 after 90 minutes and extra time at 16/1 odds!
Liverpool are just over 4/6 TO WIN THE CUP on betfair at the moment. That's absolutely crazy. They shouldn't be that short just to beat Cardiff (who look big favourites to be going through), never mind having to get through tomorrow's game as well. Madness
I remember Arsenal to beat Birmingham Arsenal was 4/9, and I though that was crazy, though they managed to lose the game! Sobs, poor Fabregas wanted to play, but he was injured :'(. EDIT: Ive not thought this through, liverpool to actually qualify for the final is about 1.450, and to win in the Final id say would be 1.33 for 90 mins win, and 1.20 for to lift the trophy 1.2 x 1.450 = 1.74, its just like putting money on any accumulator. Best odds with 365 @ 8/11 Anyways, my bet of Palace to qualify @ 10/11 lost, though its been an entertaining night of football that lasted right until the end for me, Cardiff were the better team and its great to see those Welsh fans on the pitch celebrating, my congratulations are with them. Though the own goal was very unlucky and perhaps Palace should of have a penalty in the first half. The red card changed the game, though Palace managed to get through to the penaltys, which really was just a coinflip with the Crystal palace fans behind the goal. Guess my luck just wasnt in after Cardiff missed the first one... but Palace missed all but one after that... Im full of optimism, roll on tommorow :cow

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Liverpool v Man City After Liverpools shocking display against Bolton which was criticised in the media by Kenny Dalglish who threatened his players that they are playing for there Liverpool future. I would guess some of this was aimed at some of his own signings who have failed to impress. I'm sure they will come out and prove to him and the fans that they are good enough to play for Liverpool. Man City got lucky in there victory over Spurs at the weekend were many people feel Spurs deserved atleast a point out of the game. In the previous few fixtures against Wigan, Man United and Liverpool in the first leg they looked poor and lacking real drive which they get through Yaya Toure. I'm not sure they are back to there best yet and this provides Liverpool with a good opportunity of getting to a final and winning a trophy this season. Liverpool traditionally are very good at two legged cup competitions. They know how to win over two legs and coming back to Anfield with a goal lead puts them in a strong position. I can't see them coming out to attack and will sit back and look to hit Man City on the break by hitting early crosses in to Carroll to use his arial ability. The pace of Bellamy down one side could play a massive part in bursting out and hitting Man City on the counter. With Kompany still out injured and the shaky looking Savic filling in at centre back Liverpool have a chance of exploiting this. I can see plenty of corners in the game, with Liverpool's home league games averaging 12.6 corners a game and in Man City's away games there have been an average of 11 corners. With Liverpool looking to hit them on the counter and putting plenty of crosses in the box they have chances to force corners. I can see Man City having the majority of possession and using the attacking runs of Richards to force plenty of corners aswell. I have taken over 10.5 Corners at 1.85 (3/10) Bet365 With Liverpool trying to keep the game tight in the opening stages of the game and Man City not trying to over commit I'm going to take a punt on time of first goal 31st minute and over 2.15 (2/10) William Hill. One last bet I'm going to take is under 2.5 goals at 1.70 (3/10) William Hill. Just four out of Man City's 11 away games have featured under 2.5 goals but with them missing Toure and Balotelli for the game and with Dzeko looking out of form they could struggle to break down a stubborn Liverpool defence who have conceded just eight goals at home this season.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Cardiff - Crystal Palace over 2.5 @ 2.20 :eyes Liverpool @ 2.66 pinnacle Liverpool should be much more focused and fired up for this game after their poor performance against Bolton on the weekend. This game matters for them if they are to get any silverware this season, while for City, it is the league that matters, and losing here will not be a massive concern for them. Liverpool played well for the first 30 minutes in the first leg and after getting the goal, then they shut up shop and allowed City to come forward, but who were unable to get through them. With the emphasis on City to attack to get back into this tie and score a goal, then Liverpool can wait and hit them on the counter, using Bellamy to very good effect, just like Defoe did in the second half for Spurs against City on the weekend. Savic showed his inexperience while Lescott also can be frustrated with the right amount of pressure. Should be a very good atmosphere and believe that Liverpool will step it up here and get the goal which should ensure their progress into the final. Season record: 96-118 (+8.23)

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Liverpool vs City Not going to repeat things from earlier, im sure all of you know the situation with Liverpool. Man Citys defence will also be without Kompany again and looks vulnerable. That goal they conceaded against tottenham was very soft and risks being taken by Savic that punished them, though you're not going to get a last minute penalty every game to save the day. Man City will need to get at Liverpool this game, the first half at Eastlands was very poor and Liverpool were more confortable with the ball. I will be very dissapointed to see Dalglish put out 7 defenders, though this tactic worked very well against City in the closing stages, and they never got a rally together to try and get a goal. Silva can break through any defense and his inclusion is a big boost, though Liverpool are very good down the wings with their counter attacks, and if City over commit their attack, which they will need to do to progress, they will leave their shakey looking backline vulnerable. Over 2.5 2.110 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 betfair 4.000 5/10

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Liverpool vs Manchester City Liverpool is a team that puts pressure on every team that comes on Anfield Road. Remember the game in the Premiership against a very in form at that time Manchester City! They have an average on Anfiled of 12.6 total corners in their matches, 9.6 for them. City away had an average of 11 total corners in their matches with an average corners for of 5.6. Last match here had 13 corners! expect today over 10.5 corners @ 1.83 with bet365

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Again, I'm looking forward to the game tonight and it's going to be a strange one, I feel. City obviously have to push and even with Balotelli out, the ineptness of Liverpool's defense against Bolton will give City much hope. I do believe that they are more than capable of winning the midfield battle and IMO, Liverpool cannot afford to just sit back on their lead. Going 1-0 down to a City side with their tails up would not be a good position. That said, City still are vunerable at the back themselves, and I'm sure Liverpool will target Savic as the weak link. Again, last week showed against Spurs their defensive frailties and they were poor at the back and arguably could have lost the game to that glorious chance Spurs created. The BTTS is really a stand-out bet for me, and it's 1.94 on the exchanges versus 1.8 at the bookies.

• Liverpool >> Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Gerrard, Adam, Henderson; Rodriguez, Carroll, Bellamy.

probable formations

• Manchester City >> Hart; Richards, Savić, Lescott, Clichy; Milner, Barry; Silva, Aguero, Nasri; Džeko.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan 4pts - Liverpool v Man City - Liverpool over 5.5 corners @ 1.80 Bet365 Hoping for a better outcome than my over's shout on yesterdays match Liverpool haven’t had less than 6 corners at home in the league all season. Their lowest being 6 on the opening day against Sunderland. They managed to hit double figures in 5 out of their 11 home league games including 8 against Man City. I expect to see a highly motivated Liverpool side tonight and one who will want to repay the fans after the poor showing against Bolton – I’m not sure If they can overcome this City side, but I will back them to have a least 6 corners no matter what the match outcome.

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan I can see Man City walking it tonight. Liverpool have been very poor this season and can't seem to score. Man City can't stop scoring and I think Mancini knows a win tonight pretty much gets them the silverware (no disrespect to Cardiff). Couldn't find the Midweek Bets thread, so posting them here... Man City Barca £25 Double returns £105 Man City Barca -1 £25 Double returns £175 Many City -1 Barca -1 £25 Double returns £395

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan Liverpool - Manchester City Second Round of English League Cup between Liverpool and Manchester City. Recall that the winner of this pair in the final to play against Cardiff City. This tells us that the winner of this pair will be the undisputed favorite in the finals to win the trophy. The first game ended in victory for Liverpool with a score of 1:0. Liverpool now is only 7th line in the Premier League table. And more than well behind the places, which entitles to play next season in the Champions League. But victory in the finals of this competition for Liverpool would give her the right to compete in the Europa League, if a team does not fall vs Cardiff. The hosts are now not in his best form. This is evidenced by the defeat of Bolton 1:3 in the final round of the Premier League. As in his last home match, Liverpool failed to beat Stoke City, the game ended 0-0. Probably, their coach expects just in the League Cup and the upcoming match will do everything to ensure that the team go to the finals. Manchester City this season, playing fine. This is one of the best seasons the team over the past decade. In the Premier League team is in first place and has 3 points over Manchester United. The best attack in the league and also the best defense. In recent games the team performs very well, except for 2 games in early January, in which City lost to Manchester United and Liverpool in the Cup. In the last two matches were defeated Wigan 1-0 and Tottenham 3-2. Very interesting game awaits us today. City have nothing to lose after losing the first game 0-1 and the beginning of the game, the team will go forward. Thus, exposing their back and giving a chance to Liverpool for counterattack. The match will be very open and expected a large number of goals scored on both sides. Play: Over 2.5 Goals Unibet/WillHill 2.10

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan To Qualify Liverpool @ 1.40 (Bet365) Putting my money where my mouth is. Reasoned why throughout this thread but the teams picked convinced to play it. Still a very good City team, but leaving out Milner and their best striker in a cup semi, with Cardifff to come, is, for me, another subtle nod from Mancini about where priorities lie. Liverpool want this, and that'll hopefully be the difference.

4pts - Liverpool v Man City - Liverpool over 5.5 corners @ 1.80 Bet365 Hoping for a better outcome than my over's shout on yesterdays match Liverpool haven’t had less than 6 corners at home in the league all season. Their lowest being 6 on the opening day against Sunderland. They managed to hit double figures in 5 out of their 11 home league games including 8 against Man City. I expect to see a highly motivated Liverpool side tonight and one who will want to repay the fans after the poor showing against Bolton – I’m not sure If they can overcome this City side, but I will back them to have a least 6 corners no matter what the match outcome.
Job done nice and early after only 33 minutes :cigar makes up a bit for yesterdays disappointment

Liverpool v Man City After Liverpools shocking display against Bolton which was criticised in the media by Kenny Dalglish who threatened his players that they are playing for there Liverpool future. I would guess some of this was aimed at some of his own signings who have failed to impress. I'm sure they will come out and prove to him and the fans that they are good enough to play for Liverpool. Man City got lucky in there victory over Spurs at the weekend were many people feel Spurs deserved atleast a point out of the game. In the previous few fixtures against Wigan, Man United and Liverpool in the first leg they looked poor and lacking real drive which they get through Yaya Toure. I'm not sure they are back to there best yet and this provides Liverpool with a good opportunity of getting to a final and winning a trophy this season. Liverpool traditionally are very good at two legged cup competitions. They know how to win over two legs and coming back to Anfield with a goal lead puts them in a strong position. I can't see them coming out to attack and will sit back and look to hit Man City on the break by hitting early crosses in to Carroll to use his arial ability. The pace of Bellamy down one side could play a massive part in bursting out and hitting Man City on the counter. With Kompany still out injured and the shaky looking Savic filling in at centre back Liverpool have a chance of exploiting this. I can see plenty of corners in the game, with Liverpool's home league games averaging 12.6 corners a game and in Man City's away games there have been an average of 11 corners. With Liverpool looking to hit them on the counter and putting plenty of crosses in the box they have chances to force corners. I can see Man City having the majority of possession and using the attacking runs of Richards to force plenty of corners aswell. I have taken over 10.5 Corners at 1.85 (3/10) Bet365 With Liverpool trying to keep the game tight in the opening stages of the game and Man City not trying to over commit I'm going to take a punt on time of first goal 31st minute and over 2.15 (2/10) William Hill. One last bet I'm going to take is under 2.5 goals at 1.70 (3/10) William Hill. Just four out of Man City's 11 away games have featured under 2.5 goals but with them missing Toure and Balotelli for the game and with Dzeko looking out of form they could struggle to break down a stubborn Liverpool defence who have conceded just eight goals at home this season.
Two out of three on this. +1.85 points :D

Re: England > Carling Cup (Second Leg) > 24/25 Jan listening to Graham Taylor on 5 live, the guys embarrassing to listen to. On the penalty he remarked that he had not seen the ball hit the players leg before bouncing onto his arm. Still he thought it was a penalty , knobhead...

listening to Graham Taylor on 5 live' date=' the guys embarrassing to listen to. On the penalty he remarked that he had not seen the ball hit the players leg before bouncing onto his arm. Still he thought it was a penalty , knobhead...[/quote'] Yup, he mentioned tweets from players such as michael owen saying its never a penalty as it hit the boot before bouncing onto the arm, though in-play nothing was mentioned apart from "clear handball". Arguments for putting hands in a "non natural position..." Cant have hoped for more :cow (though i wanted City to qualify!)

Liverpool vs City Not going to repeat things from earlier, im sure all of you know the situation with Liverpool. Man Citys defence will also be without Kompany again and looks vulnerable. That goal they conceaded against tottenham was very soft and risks being taken by Savic that punished them, though you're not going to get a last minute penalty every game to save the day. Man City will need to get at Liverpool this game, the first half at Eastlands was very poor and Liverpool were more confortable with the ball. I will be very dissapointed to see Dalglish put out 7 defenders, though this tactic worked very well against City in the closing stages, and they never got a rally together to try and get a goal. Silva can break through any defense and his inclusion is a big boost, though Liverpool are very good down the wings with their counter attacks, and if City over commit their attack, which they will need to do to progress, they will leave their shakey looking backline vulnerable. Over 2.5 2.110 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 betfair 4.000 5/10
Cracking calls :clap Well done everyone else on over 2.5 aswell, should of gone with you guys

To Qualify Liverpool @ 1.40 (Bet365) Putting my money where my mouth is. Reasoned why throughout this thread but the teams picked convinced to play it. Still a very good City team, but leaving out Milner and their best striker in a cup semi, with Cardifff to come, is, for me, another subtle nod from Mancini about where priorities lie. Liverpool want this, and that'll hopefully be the difference.
Thoroughly deserved. Well played, Liverpool :clap

Thoroughly deserved. Well played' date=' Liverpool :clap[/quote'] liverpool were the better team on the night, but a couple of howlers by the ref turned out to be the deciding factor, the course of the match would probably have been totally different without the ridiculous penalty award while city were 1-0 up