** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Under 3,5 goals Norwich - Chelsea. 50% of Chelsea matches away from have have features under 2,5 goals, and i don't believe this will be a game Norwich will come to control. Norwich have lost almost all their games against the titel contenders (only 1-1 against liverpool), so think Chelsea will win this one with at small margin, or maybe a draw. Either way i dont believe this will be a game with many goals. Under 3,5 1,6 @betfair or even under 2,5 2,44 @betfair.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January

Tempted to take both to score at Norwich-Chelsea. Norwich conceded in every match while their offense is good. Chelsea didn't concede in just a couple of games. Despite signing Cahill I doubt that the defense wil be completely improved.
I'm seriously thinking on going for Norwich to score >1.5 goals against Chelsea. When I see this Chelsea defence letting in so many chances for the opposite team, I just can not resist that. Considering how good Norwich plays atm, especially on set pieces. They pay around 3.25 for that, I reallt am thinking of another upset like at Swansea last week. But mate, definitely, I cannot see Chelsea keeping a clean sheet here. Chhers!

I'm seriously thinking on going for Norwich to score >1.5 goals against Chelsea. When I see this Chelsea defence letting in so many chances for the opposite team, I just can not resist that. Considering how good Norwich plays atm, especially on set pieces. They pay around 3.25 for that, I reallt am thinking of another upset like at Swansea last week. But mate, definitely, I cannot see Chelsea keeping a clean sheet here. Chhers!
Well what is interesting for me is how Chelsea celebrated at Wolves when they scored the 1st goal. It was so emotional! As if they had scored against Barca that shows at what level Chelsea is at the moment, I think they lack confidence under the new boss. I may be wrong but it's just how i see it. Norwich are relatively comfortable at 9th place and they will have nothing to loose here. They may earn a lot with a win, and nobody would say anything if they loose, and I doubt hey will. In the first leg back in 2011 they had some good chances at Stamford, and I think they will also create some here. Norwich >1/5 goals @3.4 8/10 pts Norwich >2.5 goals @10 4/10 pts

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Looks like a really hard coupon this week, after there being plenty of value around (IMO of course) last weekend. The only things which tempt me are laying Chelsea and Everton, or backing their opponents on the AH, whichever is a better price.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Bolton v Liverpool Prediction: Liverpool win Liverpool have drawn 8 games out of 21 this season (only Aston Villa have drawn more often), however 7 of these were at home; away they have won 50% of their games. Bolton by contrast have lost 8 out of ten games at home, conceding a total of 24 goals. They've lost 7 out of 7 versus top six opposition home and away and have managed to ship an average of almost 3.5 goals during these games. Liverpool have the second best defence in the league and Bolton have the worst. Bolton are fairly good going forward, however Liverpool have conceded 1 goal or less in 19 of their 21 fixtures. I would expect even if Bolton were to score, Liverpool would well be capable of getting two. I'd stay away from the over/under in this game since Bolton are decent going forward, they also have 6 overs in 10 home games, while Liverpool have had 3/10 games away finish with greater than 2 goals.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January What do you guys think of Under 2.5 or 3.5 for the Fulham vs Newcastle game? Newcastle's defense is solid, having won to nil in 3 of their past 4 matches, while Ba and Tiote are away, so their scoring capabilities will definitely be limited. As for Fulham, they've conceded 1 goal vs Arsenal, won to nil vs Bolton & Liverpool and lost 0-5 to Manchester United (which I also agree, was a fluke) in the past 4 matches.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Bolton v Liverpool Liverpool have won there previous 10 games against Bolton home and away. In Liverpools 10 away games they have a 5-1-4 record. They have only scored in half of these away games and kept clean sheets in half of the games aswell. Both teams have only scored once in Liverpools 10 away games. They have scored 10 and conceded 10 in there away games. However 4 of the goals they have conceded came in the game away at Spurs. In those 5 away games they have won by a margin of 2 goals on four of these occasions and won by 1 goal in the other. In four of the five victorys they have kept a clean sheet. In Boltons home games they have a record of 1-1-8. They have scored in 6 out of there 10 home games and only kept one clean sheet. Both teams have scored in 50% of the matches. They have scored 11 goals at home and conceded 24. In there eight defeats at home they have lost by a margin of two or more on five occassions. Against the top 6 sides they have lost; 0-5 (Man United) 2-3 (Man City) 0-2 (Newcastle) and 1-5 (Chelsea). In this game I fancy Liverpool to win and I don't think there will be many goals. The most common result in Boltons home games have been 0-2 and the same for Liverpool in there away games. I will take; BTTS NO at 2.00 (3/10) Ladbrokes Liverpool to win to nil 2.62 (2/10) Ladbrokes Liverpool -1AH 2.075 (4/10) Bet365

What do you guys think of Under 2.5 or 3.5 for the Fulham vs Newcastle game? Newcastle's defense is solid, having won to nil in 3 of their past 4 matches, while Ba and Tiote are away, so their scoring capabilities will definitely be limited. As for Fulham, they've conceded 1 goal vs Arsenal, won to nil vs Bolton & Liverpool and lost 0-5 to Manchester United (which I also agree, was a fluke) in the past 4 matches.
Newcastle have seen 12 goals in their last 3 away matches (average 4 per game), Fulham 11 in their last 4 home (2.75 per game). Newcastle have played 7 of their 21 games versus mid-table sides, yet managed almost 1/2 their goals this season in those fixtures. Both teams defensively are average (though Newcastle started very strong, they have been conceding more of late). Ba is out, but so is the defensive cover of Tiote provides. I'd personally be tempted to pick the over on 2.5 at a decent enough price.

Stoke v WBA Stoke have a fantastic home record against WBA, they haven't been beaten by WBA since 1982. In the last 5 games at Stoke they have won 4 and drew 1. WBA haven't beaten Stoke in any competition home or away since 2003 (10 games). So far this season Stoke have picked up 16 points at home and have a 4-4-2 record. They are unbeaten in there last 4 home games and have won there last 4 games in a row. WBA have picked up 14 points away from the Hawthorns and have a 4-2-4 record. They have lost 3 of there last 4 games in all competitions, they have only conceded 5 goals in these 4 games but they have only scored 1 goal. I think the price on Stoke will fall the longer I wait so I'm getting in now on Stoke at 1.91 (5/10) William Hill
Just to add a bit more to what must be the most one sided match in any division West Brom have beaten Stoke twice in the last 29 league and fa cup meetings (home or away) since 1988/99 What makes it more suprising is that most of these meetings have been while the teams are in the same league, and west brom have been the form team or higher placed. I'm not sure how many matches the unbeaten run stretches too now (perhaps one of you stato's could find out, but it has paid for my season ticket for at least 8 years) :D It's now become a standing joke between both sets of fans The only things worrying me this year are its gone on so long Stoke for once look as if they should win this at a canter :eek

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Hi all. First time poster, big Swansea fan

Agree with Mustafa that Blackburn carry a threat without Yakubu. Although would much rather he be involved, they did manage 3 against Fulham without him. With the 10 men as well, it did show that they are potent on the break, and with them being away next weekend, it is reasonable to expect them to be playing in a similar fashion. Of course the Samba situation is a concern, and it is hard to envisage him lining up on Saturday. However they do appear to have contained Fulham quite well without him at the weekend. Given that Everton are really struggling for goals, and will continue to be down to the bare bones at the back, then I don't think it would be a massive shock to see Blackburn get a result. I took these bets before the weekend fixtures (posted them on last weekend's thread): 1pt Blackburn DNB @5.625 - Bwin (combination of 7.5 win & 4.0 draw) 3pts Blackburn over 0.5gls @1.83 - Boylesports :hope
Completely agree with Blackburn over 0.5 The stats are in favour too Everton at home this season 0-1 v QPR 2-2 v Villa 3-1 v Wigan 0-2 v Liverpool 0-1 v Utd 2-1 v Wolves 0-1 v Stoke 1-1 v Norwich 1-0 v Swansea 1-2 v Bolton We are the only team that has failed to score at Goodison (typical). I watched the game, we offered nothing going forward rather than Everton's brilliant defending) Blackburn have scored in every away game 1-3 v Villa 1-1 v Fulham 1-3 v Newcastle 1-1 v QPR 3-3 v Norwich 3-3 v Wigan 1-3 v Stoke 1-2 v Sunderland 1-1 v Liverpool 3-2 v Utd Yes, Yakubu is suspended but I still think Blackburn have enough to nick a goal here. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Extremely simple weekend ahead imo, never been more confident. Im slapping it on early. (Quickly, lay my bets!) Norwich - Chelsea Bit more team spirit now from Chelsea, though it could be on AVB's orders against the media. Carrow road is not an easy place to be, and as a mug punter i'd like to back Chelsea at 8/13 knowing they'll win, but deviation imo favours value on Norwich. Chelsea have found it hard in recent times to build on leads like they used to, and to get two goal buffer to stop the other team getting in. Norwich 6.600 Pinnacle 3/10 Norwich +1.0 188 1.910 10/10, Pinnacle 1.900 Everton - Blackburn I know Blackburn are a good team, and they have been playing well but not getting results... until I backed fulham last week and they managed to win with 10 men. :lol Everton 4/7? Too short! the Toffees usually gear up in this stage of the season, but not in their current form they wont. Things can easily go wrong for them and value on blackburn. Going big, not covering the draw. Blackburn 7.344 Pinnacle 3/10 QPR - Wigan QPR look better with Hughes I must dmit, they could have smashed more in a few against the Dons organised defence. Though wigan are premier league, they do give away some cheap goals. Their performance against Man City at home were better, though they ride their luck at times. Wigans passing style should also net them goals against a workman-like QPR team, and I fancy Wigan's intricate passing to get them something here, though not helping them from their defensive mistakes they make. 1X2 is abit of a lottery for me, though I'd back Wigan if i had to at 4.400 Over 2.5 2.100 various 10/10 Over 3.5 4.100 Smarkets, Betfair, waiting to be matched 5/10 Stoke vs West Brom Stoke are not playing with 12 men at home this season and have struggled at times. West brom are very organised under Hodgson and he was absolutely furious at some of the goals they gave away recently. Ive seen improvements and WEst Brom won't be easy to beat. West Brom +0.5 EVS Widespread 10/10 Sunderland vs Swansea Credit swans for their win against Arsenal. Though their away form isnt great they are still a good side. Home advantage for this game is key for sunderland as O'Neill brings optimism back to the Stadium of light. Bookies rate Sunderland as very marginal favourites at slightly under EVS for home advantage, and I think thats very generous. Sunderland -0.5 1.930 188 10/10 Another punt on unders is muggy, though Im not in the mood to hope for things to not go in. Fulham vs Newcastle Good signing by Newcastle to pair Cisse with Ba up front the fellow compatriot. Though they both will be be avaliable for this game. Midfield wise perhaps Cabaye and Tiote will be missing also. Though Newcastle have proved they can score goals without their star man, its their defense thats keeping them up in the league. Witht heir preffered defense mostly avaliable i'd expect another low-key and somewhat typical clash at craven cottage. Under 2.5 1.840 188 10/10 Under 1.5 3.700 Exchanges 3/10 Wolves vs Villa Villa are absolutely terrible under my extremely biased opinions. McLeish is a dull manager and I dont see any real ambition for the club in the long run and theres no reason they downhill struggle shouldnt start now. For a selling club, this will come sooner or later. Wolves though lost against Birmingham ran the changes and should be fresh enough going into this game and are hard to beat. Wolves +0 1.900 Various 10/10 Bolton vs Liverpool I'd say Liverpool as wayyyyy more chance to beat bolton than Chelsea to beat Norwich both away from home. Though I know Chelsea is underpriced, theres still good value on liverpool. their away form has been impressive and their defense is flawless. Nearly. Liverpool 4/6 10/10 Various Liverpool -1.5 2.800 Exchanges 4/10

Extremely simple weekend ahead imo' date= never been more confident. Im slapping it on early. (Quickly, lay my bets!)
Done ;) P.S. Thusprider, if you could only back one of your eight bets, which one would it be ... ?

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Initial thought is to back Norwich but it reminds me of the last Saturday early gm Chelsea had when they visited St James park and came away 2-0 winners. Also, I think it has to be mentioned how massive of a fixture AVB and the blues consider this. With all the teams around them toward the top of the table playing each other they could use this round to catapult them forward with confidence if results go they're way.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January 4pts - Everton v Blackburn - Blackburn +1AH @ 1.92 Bet365 Everton look way to short to win this IMO and I think we have great value on Blackburn with the plus handicap. Everton have injuries in key positions and even when at full strength they aren't a high scoring free flowing side. Everton have only managed to win one home game by more than a goal this season, and that was their 2nd home game against Wigan winning 3-1. Blackburn have really improved of late and have only lost by more than 1 goal once in their last 7 away games. They have also scored in every away game this season, if they can keep that up then Everton are going to have to score at least 3 to see no return on this bet. Something Everton have only done once at home this season again in the 3-1 win against Wigan. Happy to be on Blackburn at this price and hoping for a minimum of stake returned.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January QPR v Wigan Both of these sides have poor defences with QPR having the 15th worst record (conceding 36 goals, 17 of these at home) and Wigan having the 18th worst defence in the league (conceding 46 goals, 21 of which were away). With Hughes taking over and trying to bring in new defenders it shows he knows they are weak here. Against Franchise in the cup, they should of conceded with the chances they gave away, it was only poor finishing which saw them keep a clean sheet. QPR have only kept two clean sheets at home this season and scored in 7 of there ten home games. Wigan have kept one clean sheet away from home and scored in five of these fixtures. Neither side has a particularly strong attack, with both of them scoring less than a goal a game at home and away respectively. I'm tempted to back BTTS at 1.91 WilliamHill mainly due to both teams poor defences unless anyway can tell me why I shouldnt?

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Agree about Everton. They should put in a decent shift, but I couldn't back them at such atrociously short odds. If they're not careful they could end up being sucked into a relegation scrap, so I don't think Blackburn can be taken lightly. Might be a little nuts here, but I think Swansea are a little overpriced. I can see the effect MON has had on the Sunderland side, but due respect should be shown toward the Swans too. They are playing some of the best football in the league right now. I have to admit after their first game against Wigan I thought they might struggle to score, but they've really taken to this league, and I couldn't really back Sunderland at below evens personally. Swansea on a + 0.5 should appeal.

Done ;) P.S. Thusprider, if you could only back one of your eight bets, which one would it be ... ?
Probably goals in the QPR - Wigan game. Though wolves at home to Villa and Norwich at home against Chelsea contain big margin values in my predictions of more than 15%.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Have to take Stoke at just above evens. Stoke to bt WBA @ 2.040 (Pinnacle:3pts) Stoke are usually pretty tough at home, though it's fair to say they've not been great at the Britannia recently, drawing 0-0 with Villa in a dour affair, and 2-2 vs 10 man Wigan though the ref robbed them with the late pen to level it. Surprsingly on the road they've been picking up some great results winning at Blackburn and a 0-0 at Anfield since the turn of the year. Stoke look in good shape to me with Crouch up top always a nuisance. WBA look poor to me recently, playing dour football, very little in attack in recent games, lacking creativity....Norwich beat them at the Hawthorns last week aswell as poor displays in defeats at Spurs and home to Everton in 2012. Brunt is out now too which isnt good. The only good thing I can see about WBa is Odemwingie, and Long is a decent goal threat too, but they look rigid and boring under Hodgson. Would expect Stoke to be on top in this one, slightly above evens looks fair to me.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Wouldn't put anyone off United 0AH/DNB tbh, maybe even the outright win, but DNB looks safer. Arteta is ruled out, Wenger says Vermaelen will probably be out too but may have a late test, Henry struggling already as he cannot run anymore and has a muscle problem, 6 or 7 full-backs alternatives out already. I really think a draw is as good as we can hope for Sunday. Szczesny, Djourou, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Miquel, Song, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, RVP, Arshavin. Weak at full-back where United are dangerous with Nani, Valencia(see what Sinclair and Dyer did to our full-backs last week), midfielf shorn of quality with Arteta and Wilshere still out, attack consists of RVP plus 2 passengers all season.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Five Brighton players and one Bournemouth player arrested by police investigating an alleged sex attack on a woman have been released on bail. All six were held on Thursday morning by detectives from the Surrey and Sussex major crime team on suspicion of sexual assault.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Wolves vs Aston Villa Wolves are actually in a psychological blockage due to an incapability to win matches. When you have 3 (three) wins in the last 22 matches, of which the rest are 7 draws and 12 defeats you maybe got some ... blase state ... Aston Villa will have Robbie Keane in attack and they look to maintain their record of being undefeated for 33 years on Molineaux. Wolves: Hennessey, Foley, Berra, Johnson, Ward, Kightly, Henry, Frimpong, Edwards, Jarvis, Fletcher. Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Albrighton, Petrov, Ireland, Clark, Bent, Keane. Losing just once in last 5 games is a good thing for Villa and the moment should be maintained against a side that conceded at least one goal in last 18 Premier League games. away 0 AH @ 2.13 with 188bet

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Stoke vs West Brom Albion with a large number of absent players: Tchoyi and Odemwingie are on international duties while midfielders Steven Reid, Chris Brunt and Zoltan Gera are injured. The team has a horrible record on Britannia Stadium and their moment is not at all a good on: 3 defeats in last 4 games. Stoke are win less at home in last 2 matches and their fans are looking to celebrate the first one for 2012 in Britannia Stadium. Stoke is fully effective and I think they can smash a narrow win against a West Brom side that will put although some problems in this one. home @ 2.01 with Canbet

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Sunderland vs Swansea Great moments for both teams, but have to admit that Swansea struggled away from home, while Sunderland feels more and more comfortable on the Stadium of Light since MON took charge here. Sunderland comes after a defeat, plays at home, plays good recently and natural, they will target 3 points. Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, Brown, O'Shea, Richardson, McClean, Cattermole, Vaughan, Larsson, Sessegnon, Bendtner. Swansea: Vorm, Taylor, Williams, Rangel, Caulker, Britton, Agustien, Allen, Sinclair, Dyer, Graham. I am tempted to take Sunderland as they are becoming a very reliable team: great play, solidity in the back and a very mobile midfield - MON marks! home win @ 1.92 with 5dimes

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Norwich vs Chelsea Chelsea are the better team here, no doubt about that and they are still looking to improve their game play. They will not afford in any circumstances of falling away from the Champions League area and that means they have to hunt points from matches like this one. Norwich has been good, but against better teams, against top sides, had problems. Normally Chelsea should win and if they will do it, why not on a -1 AH on decent odds? away -1 AH @ 2.08 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Bolton vs Liverpool Liverpool is a tough side this season and not because they have great attacking displays. They have a very good defensive play and are very clinical. Liverpool has just 4 defeats this season and 18 goals conceded in 21 games. 2nd best defensive after Mancini's Citizens. Bolton at home are a team that won once and made 1 draw. Also lost Cahil which was good as a defender and also as goalscorer. Bolton scored just 11 times at home in 10 games. Expect Liverpool to win to nil @ 3.00 with Unibet

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Everton vs Blackburn Let's be honest! We, all that are watching constantly the English football, are thinking that this result is more than possible. I mean, everton faces a lot of problems, hasn't the best of their game play and always have problems with struggling teams. Phil Jagielka (knee), Leon Osman (foot), Jack Rodwell (hamstring), Tony Hibbert (groin), Seamus Coleman (thigh) and Sylvain Distin (hamstring) are all still missing, while Ross Barkley is also hurt. Blackburn welcomes the new striker Anthony Modeste, brought from Bordeaux, but Yakubu is having the first match suspended from a series of 3. Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines, Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson, Drenthe, Cahill, Saha. Blackburn: Robinson, Olsson, Hanley, Dann, Givet, Petrovic, Dunn, N'Zonzi, Pedersen, Hoilett, Modeste. Blackburn is pretty strong away with 4 defeats only in 10 games. Have just 1 win, 3-2 on old Trafford. They have a great-great morale as they are now above the red line after months staying in eneormous pressure. Everton at home can be considered weak side with just 3 wins and 2 draws in 10 games. Winning with 1 red carded after just 25 minutes like Blackburn did it against Fulham, losing just in the last minute in Newcastle, missing so many chances in the match with Stoke is a sign that Blackburn is able to win against everton, a team that looks solid sometimes, but vulnerable most of time! I think we can get here a series of best with huge odds: Blackburn to win till ... Blackburn +1 AH. I preffer the middle one! Blackburn DNB @ 5.00 with Paddy Power

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 21-22 January Arsenal-Manchester United AH0 2 @1,88 5/10 10bet Arsenal lost the match in Old Trafford with 2-8!!! They surely want some kind of revenge but I really doubt they are able to do so. They will miss a host of players: defenders Gibbs, Jenkinson, Andre Santos (1 goal), Sagna, midfielders Coquelin, Diaby and Wilshere are long term absentes. Furthermore midfielder Arteta (3 goals) is out with an injury. Defender Vermaelen (3 goals) and striker Henry are very doubtful, especially the defender. Despite that, Gervinho (4 goals) and Chamakh (1 goal) are on international duty in Africa. Van Persie and Walcott will be the biggest threats for the Red Devils. But the other players (expect Song and Ramsey) are just ****. They don't belong in such a good team. Wenger has to pick Miquel and Yennaris to fill the defender positions (starting XI and bench). United has to win this so that the gap between them and their arch rivals will not get any bigger. In two weeks United will play Chelsea away and one week later they will host Liverpool. Smalling and Jones are expected to be back but Anderson is out with an injury he picked in training. Cleverley and Young are expected to be back in full training in 10 days. I favorite United here much more, SAF has a very good record against Wenger and furthermore they home team will miss a lot of players. United to win 3-1. GL