WSOP Qualifiers

Warbirds

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WSOP Qualifiers shameless plug alert - myself and two WPT Poker writers are trying to qualify for the WSOP, with us reporting on the progress in the magazine. I'm taking on PartyPoker's straight $14,000 WSOP ME package, Duncan Wilkie will be doing BEtfair's promo, and Dan Smyth is taking on 888.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers

shameless plug alert - myself and two WPT Poker writers are trying to qualify for the WSOP, with us reporting on the progress in the magazine. I'm taking on PartyPoker's straight $14,000 WSOP ME package, Duncan Wilkie will be doing BEtfair's promo, and Dan Smyth is taking on 888.
GL guys - looking forward to reading that (not sure how I'll do though as WPT mag is not available on the Zinio store on Android and can't be found here in Finland either :( )

• 3 weeks later...

Re: WSOP Qualifiers On iPoker at 7pm BST on Sunday 10th June there's a $525 Main Event Mega-Satellite with 20 $13,000 packages guaranteed. There are satellites running now to get into this. This is the way I won my seat last year (with a bit ... OK, a lot ... of luck) and there was a modest overlay (I don't remember if the guarantee was the same). Last year Black Belt Poker were adding a "free entry to next year's ME if you cash this year" deal, and some other skins were adding $1000 for people qualifying through them, though I've not yet noticed anything similar this year. I presume the Genting freeroll Bart posted about is to get into this.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers Thks for the info I believe that the guarantee on this Ipoker mega sat last year was much larger. In any case this still looks interesting. I will not play myself as the dates of main event do not fit with my scedule unfortunately. GL Slap and any other PLer playing Fred

Re: WSOP Qualifiers Sats on Everest Poker to the WSOP too. Their qualifiers / pros had amazing results these past three years, with two bracelets and the November Nine place of Antoine Saout! Standard multi-level satellite system to the 100+9$ Sunday evening final for a package to Event 54 (package value $4000 so I would have preferred a higher buy-in final and more pay out). You can also qualify to the final through their steps satellites Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WSOP Qualifiers Apologies for posting a horror story here - but this is the worst EVER We're on the BUBBLE for the WSOP packages on Betfair, 57 entrants, 5 left, 4 packages [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=class: copyBold]TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T5-244674523-323[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copyBold]played at "Table #4" for USD TC from 2012-06-05 22:01 until 2012-06-05 22:01[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: #cccccc][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy]Seat 1: .warbirds. (13,823 in chips)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy]Seat 6: lukiladi (52,545 in chips)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy]Seat 7: Tokass (69,400 in chips)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy]Seat 9: grifsdik (15,960 in chips)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy]Seat 10: t-b-one (19,272 in chips) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: #cccccc][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy, colspan: 2]ANTES/BLINDS lukiladi posts ante (100), Tokass posts ante (100), grifsdik posts ante (100), t-b-one posts ante (100), .warbirds. posts ante (100), lukiladi posts small blind (500), Tokass posts big blind (1,000), PRE-FLOP grifsdik folds, t-b-one folds, .warbirds. raises to 13,723 and is all-in, lukiladi calls 13,723, Tokass folds. FLOP [board cards: 8C,6S,6C] TURN [board cards: 8C,6S,6C,JH] RIVER [board cards: 8C,6S,6C,JH,AH] SHOWDOWN .warbirds. shows [ KH,KD ] lukiladi shows [ JS,AC ] lukiladi wins 28,946.[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: #cccccc][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: copy, colspan: 2]SUMMARY Dealer: .warbirds. Pot: 28,946 .warbirds., loses 13,823 lukiladi, bets 13,823, collects 28,946, net 15,123 Tokass, loses 1,100 grifsdik, loses 100 t-b-one, loses 100 :puke[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] :puke:puke

Sorry just realised the board doesn't show above. Well, it comes blank blank blank, blank and then ace of course lol. Thank you Bart, honestly I am now thinking I shouldnt bother. "won" the chance to try again on Thursday through a ticket. Feeling sick! I'm usually rather calm when I play but when I saw the A I just threw my headphones to the floor in rage.. Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: WSOP Qualifiers :) Thanks guys - I struggled to fall asleep last night. I didn't mention I was chipleader with 7 left, 4 packages lol Short stacks all in several times, always survive, and only time in the whole tourney I am playing for my life my KK lose - you couldnt make it up! I am smiling now as I think I will remember that a long, long time. But Unless a very late miracle that's it for the package and I will have to slash half of my playing programme there :\

Re: WSOP Qualifiers Those mega sats that Slapdash mentioned are indeed very impressive. Might try and play the Monday one. GL if you're taking part in any of these!

iPoker have officially gone stark, raving mad. Across June 10-11, there will be a whopping 70 WSOP Packages up for grabs in two incredible Mega satellites. That's a total prize pool of $455,000! First up is a $500+25 satellite at 19:00 on Sunday. The top 20 will be guaranteed packages worth $13,500 a piece, including entry into the $10,000 Main Event. Then, at 20:00 on Monday, players can enter a $200+15 satellite. The top 50 will be guaranteed a WSOP Experience package worth $3,700 each - no typo, 50 seats guaranteed! There's a reason why these are called Megas - mega value, mega prizes, and mega fun It would be a mega mistake to miss out. See our promotions page for all the details including feeder schedule. Good luck. The Black Belt Poker Team

Re: WSOP Qualifiers I got into tomorrow's iPoker Main Event mega-sat yesterday in a $109 feeder satellite, on about my 8th attempt (I didn't pay for that many, I hasten to add ... I kept finishing just outside the qualifying positions and getting my money back). There are currently 104 regged with 20 £13.5k packages on offer, but I imagine there will be loads of direct buy-ins tomorrow. Good luck to any other PLers playing; I noticed one in the lobby. And to anybody playing the WSOP Experience mega-sat on Monday. Oh, ..., and to me. :hope I also got through steps 1 and 2 on 888 yesterday, and and was going quite well in step 3, and thought it was going to be my day, but I went out in about 36th (with 20 to qualify for the final tomorrow). That will be my last shot on 888 this year, I think.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers And out 142th. That concludes an extremely frustrating and disappointing series of qualifiers. One flip tonight, and out. There's been a few really close calls these past three months, and also many bad moves from me. At least the BYOPP points will be put to good use. I shouldn't complain as I am still going, but my schedule there is going to be completely slashed. Maybe it's a good thing! Fred

Re: WSOP Qualifiers ul fred, i went out just a little bit before you and it was very tilting, but not as much as bubbling one last year but this may be the last wsop sat i play as it's so frustrating when you get knocked out.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: WSOP Qualifiers For the benefit of those not on twitter, Fred a.k.a. Warbirds is currently playing WSOP#54 having recently cashed in another Vegas tourney. Not the greatest of structures I understand with just a 3k starting stack, but Warbirds is continuing to battle on. Latest direct from our hero (approx hour ago):

Level 6. We already lost 2000 out of the 3221 entrants. Just doubled up a shortie and sitting uncomfortably on 5k #WSOP54
previously (approx 2 hours ago)
Doubled up to 6.6k at 100-200 #WSOP54
:hope