England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December

Friday 30 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Huddersfield Town v Carlisle United (19:45 GMT) 1.75 4 5.5 100.32 %
maximize.gif Tranmere Rovers v Bury (19:45 GMT) 2.38 3.4 3.5 100.00 %
Saturday 31 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Colchester United v Exeter City (13:00 GMT) 1.91 3.75 4.9 99.43 %
maximize.gif Preston North End v Sheffield Wednesday (13:00 GMT) 2.92 3.5 2.58 101.58 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Chesterfield (13:00 GMT) 1.95 3.65 4.2 102.43 %
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Hartlepool United (13:00 GMT) 1.57 4.4 7.2 100.25 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Rochdale (13:00 GMT) 2.36 3.4 3.5 100.36 %
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v AFC Bournemouth (13:00 GMT) 2.79 3.45 2.7 101.86 %
maximize.gif Brentford v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 GMT) 2.9 3.4 2.8 99.61 %
maximize.gif Oldham Athletic v Notts County (15:00 GMT) 2.52 3.45 3.1 100.93 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Stevenage (15:00 GMT) 3.5 3.4 2.34 100.72 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Charlton Athletic (17:20 GMT) 4.3 3.55 2.02 100.93 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December Tranmere vs Bury - Bury @ 3.35 Betfair Amazing price on Bury here. Tranmere are on a god awful run of form - 4 losses in their last 4 games - and can't seem to score to save their life, scoring just 2 in their last 5 games. Bury, on the other hand, come into the game off the back of an impressive 1-3 victory at Scunthorpe, where they came from behind in the second half. Apart from losing to Colchester, their recent form has been fantastic - 3 wins and 1 draw. They're probably better on the road than they are at Gigg Lane. They've scored 12 at home but have got 18 on their travels. They should easily be able to put a few past Tranmere, who will have problems scoring just one. I can't understand why Bury's odds are so long - I can see them winning comfortably here, by 2 or maybe 3 goals. Going to be staking a fair whack on this one.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December

Tranmere vs Bury - Bury @ 3.35 Betfair Amazing price on Bury here. Tranmere are on a god awful run of form - 4 losses in their last 4 games - and can't seem to score to save their life, scoring just 2 in their last 5 games. Bury, on the other hand, come into the game off the back of an impressive 1-3 victory at Scunthorpe, where they came from behind in the second half. Apart from losing to Colchester, their recent form has been fantastic - 3 wins and 1 draw. They're probably better on the road than they are at Gigg Lane. They've scored 12 at home but have got 18 on their travels. They should easily be able to put a few past Tranmere, who will have problems scoring just one. I can't understand why Bury's odds are so long - I can see them winning comfortably here, by 2 or maybe 3 goals. Going to be staking a fair whack on this one.
I was looking at this one too. If you eliminate the draw, best prices are currently: Tranmere 0 @ 1.55 Bury 0 @ 2.38 And given the two sides' form, I think Bury are too long, and should probably be favourites. So I agree there's value backing Bury. Recent form is in their favour. The season's home/away form for the two teams is quite even, but there's nothing to suggest that Tranmere should be the favourites they currently are - Tranmere at home: 4/4/3 9/8 Bury away: 6/1/5 18/19 http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/league-one/2011-2012/regular-season/

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December Oldham v Notts County: Under 2.5 Goals Ladbrokes 1.9 Neither side are in good form going into this one. Oldham have went under in their last 4. Both are playing dull and bleak football at the moment also, Notts County are missing a few players for this one in Demontagnac, Sodje and their star midfielder Alan Mahon which does not bode well for them. I can just see this spurring out to be a poor game in expected awful conditions which does not really make for a spectacular game if a game is played in strong wind and rain.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December Tranmere Rovers v Bury - Both teams to score @ 1.83 I think this is a hard game to call and could go either way. Bury are certainly in better form at the moment and it seems they are not having trouble scoring. Total opposite to Tranmere who must be low on confidence after their recent run. Saying that I do still believe at home Tranmere and not an easy nut to crack. If Bury get a goal which I think they will I have no doubt Tranmere should be able to find the net. Bury can score but are conceding aswell. Whichever way this game goes I think both teams will score at least once. Huddersfield Town v Carlisle Utd - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65 Well first of all we all know about Jordan Rhodes and what he can do. Huddersfield are a decent side and Rhodes has contributed a lot to their table position with his goals. Their form of late has been on and off after a long run of being unbeaten was ended by Charlton. We saw a dip in their form but it seems they are coming slowly back into it. Carlisle on the other hand are no pushovers themselves and are not beaten easily at the moment. They are capable of scoring goals home and away and I think they can get at least one here. I do see value in the home win @ 1.66 but Huddersfield's form at the moment is not 100% convincing me to take this bet. I think will the likes of Rhodes on the pitch we will see goals and for me this is definitely the best bet to take. Good luck all!

Tranmere vs Bury - Bury @ 3.35 Betfair Amazing price on Bury here. Tranmere are on a god awful run of form - 4 losses in their last 4 games - and can't seem to score to save their life, scoring just 2 in their last 5 games. Bury, on the other hand, come into the game off the back of an impressive 1-3 victory at Scunthorpe, where they came from behind in the second half. Apart from losing to Colchester, their recent form has been fantastic - 3 wins and 1 draw. They're probably better on the road than they are at Gigg Lane. They've scored 12 at home but have got 18 on their travels. They should easily be able to put a few past Tranmere, who will have problems scoring just one. I can't understand why Bury's odds are so long - I can see them winning comfortably here, by 2 or maybe 3 goals. Going to be staking a fair whack on this one.
Result: Tranmere 2 Bury 0 I backed Bury +0.5 myself (as in my post above), so I lost on this. According to the BBC, the possession/shots/corners were fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/16312531.stm It will be interesting to read a match report to see how how the match went, and whether the result was a fair reflection of the play.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 30-31 December Colchester Utd v Exeter City - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 Both teams havent started the season in the best fashion and this is reflected in their table position. The reason for this bet is two-fold. I think first of all both sides really need a win and haven't down this for over a month. Both are coming back off big defeats and will want to get straight back into form. Statistically this game points to Overs easily looking at previous home and away results. Both can score both will concede. Should be an easy win! Leyton Orient v Charlton Athletic - Half with most goals 2nd @ 2.05 This season I have seen so many late Charlton goals in games. They seem to like to leave it till the last minute to win. I think the home side will set up to defend against the top of the league club and this was the case against Milton Keynes. I think we are more likely to see a few late goals and a 0-2. The away side are at good odds but I also like this bet. Scunthorpe Utd v Chesterfield - Both teams to score @ 1.61 In my opinion this is a really good bet. Both sides are in terrible form and haven't won between them in months! This leads me to believe they will both really be up for this. Low confidence means more goals conceded and I think for these 2 sides at the bottom of the league they will both score. Over 2.5 Goals would be my other bet on this game but decided to go with this.

Result: Tranmere 2 Bury 0 I backed Bury +0.5 myself (as in my post above), so I lost on this. According to the BBC, the possession/shots/corners were fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/16312531.stm It will be interesting to read a match report to see how how the match went, and whether the result was a fair reflection of the play.
Going from both managers' comments, it sounds as though the game was pretty even - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31122011/63/parry-salutes-rovers-victory.html Obviously, Tranmere took their chances more effectively than Bury. I am happy that the bet on Bury was good value.