Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December

Spooner

Saturday 24 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Aberdeen (12:30 GMT) 2.52 3.4 3.05 101.88 %
maximize.gif St Mirren v Rangers (12:45 GMT) 8.5 4.5 1.49 101.10 %
maximize.gif Hearts v Motherwell (13:00 GMT) 2.26 3.45 3.6 101.01 %
maximize.gif Celtic v Kilmarnock (13:30 GMT) 1.28 6.2 15 100.57 %
maximize.gif Dundee United v Hibernian (13:30 GMT) 1.87 3.6 5 101.25 %
maximize.gif Dunfermline Athletic v St Johnstone (13:30 GMT) 3.65 3.4 2.26 101.06 %

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December I'm expecting it to be busy in here since there's no English football this Saturday. From the look of things, the bookies haven't given us many Christmas presents; it's a very tight card. Thought I'd share some early thoughts... Game of the weekend is undoubtedly Hearts v Motherwell. The visitors' away form is intimidating (22pts from a potential 27) and for sheer value, to get them on a plus looks to the bet of the card. Hearts found some form on the park last week, but it's been another topsy-turvy week off-field at Tynecastle. Dundee Utd-Hibs is another that catches the eye. Utd might be backed heavily, but with Pat Fenlon still looking for his first points as Hibs manager, I want to give them a wide berth. From back to middle, they've looked focused in the last couple of games. Utd's home form has been patchy and it wouldn't surprise me to see Hibs take a point. Aberdeen look a fair shout in Inverness with Caley having struggled at home this season. Confidence will be high in the Dons' ranks and if they can keep as solid as they have been in the last two games, they'll definitely create chances against a shaky Caley backline. St Johnstone are big favourites at Dunfermline, who are still searching for their first home win. Saints are off the back of three home defeats, but they'll be happy to sit in at East End Park and look for opportunities on the break. The Pars are leakier than a very leaky thing, but are St Johnstone backable on the road without draw cover? Not so sure. As for the Old Firm, well they'll both be desperate to give nothing away ahead of next Wednesday's Celtic Park face-off. Rangers have been running on empty the last few weeks, scraping by, but you could argue they've been doing that for four years now. Away days suit their counter-attacking approach better, with the Ibrox crowd not allowing them to do that at home. I'd expect St Mirren to have a lot of the ball, create a few chances, but probably get picked off on the break. As for Celtic, you'd expect them to beat Killie at Parkhead, but Kenny Shiels has dealt well with the Old Firm this season and for the first time in the 15 months since he signed I'd argue Daniel Majstorovic's absence is a blow. They haven't exactly been banging them in, so the handicap is off-limits. So, still weighing things up. Would be good to hear some other thoughts.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December

I'm expecting it to be busy in here since there's no English football this Saturday. From the look of things, the bookies haven't given us many Christmas presents; it's a very tight card. Thought I'd share some early thoughts... Game of the weekend is undoubtedly Hearts v Motherwell. The visitors' away form is intimidating (22pts from a potential 27) and for sheer value, to get them on a plus looks to the bet of the card. Hearts found some form on the park last week, but it's been another topsy-turvy week off-field at Tynecastle. Dundee Utd-Hibs is another that catches the eye. Utd might be backed heavily, but with Pat Fenlon still looking for his first points as Hibs manager, I want to give them a wide berth. From back to middle, they've looked focused in the last couple of games. Utd's home form has been patchy and it wouldn't surprise me to see Hibs take a point. Aberdeen look a fair shout in Inverness with Caley having struggled at home this season. Confidence will be high in the Dons' ranks and if they can keep as solid as they have been in the last two games, they'll definitely create chances against a shaky Caley backline. St Johnstone are big favourites at Dunfermline, who are still searching for their first home win. Saints are off the back of three home defeats, but they'll be happy to sit in at East End Park and look for opportunities on the break. The Pars are leakier than a very leaky thing, but are St Johnstone backable on the road without draw cover? Not so sure. As for the Old Firm, well they'll both be desperate to give nothing away ahead of next Wednesday's Celtic Park face-off. Rangers have been running on empty the last few weeks, scraping by, but you could argue they've been doing that for four years now. Away days suit their counter-attacking approach better, with the Ibrox crowd not allowing them to do that at home. I'd expect St Mirren to have a lot of the ball, create a few chances, but probably get picked off on the break. As for Celtic, you'd expect them to beat Killie at Parkhead, but Kenny Shiels has dealt well with the Old Firm this season and for the first time in the 15 months since he signed I'd argue Daniel Majstorovic's absence is a blow. They haven't exactly been banging them in, so the handicap is off-limits. So, still weighing things up. Would be good to hear some other thoughts.
Think Motherwell to beat Hearts is a good bet mainly due to a couple of things 1 the on going turmoil at tynecastle 2 the continued good form of Motherwell also well are unbeaten in the last 4 visits here disagree with you on the dons they have been woefull the last 2 games where as calley have been unlucky and have played better than results suggest also think utd are a far better team than hibs so for me the bet for saturday is well calley utd treble bet placed with local independant bookie 11/4 6/4 4/5

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Decided to go with three. All small stakes this weekend. Don't have much time for detail, but I'll offer a couple of sentences on each. Hearts v Motherwell: Motherwell (+0.25AH) @ 2.06 with 188Bet (3pts) Can't resist backing Motherwell here. Steve Jennings' suspension is a blow, but might make room for Stephen Hughes to come into the side and that's not a bad replacement. Well's away form has been irresistible, having lost only at Celtic Park this season. Hearts have struggled to get the better of the more organised sides this season (ie, Dun Utd, St Johnstone and Motherwell previously). Stuart McCall's men are well marshaled and set up perfectly for these sort of trips. Another tumultuous week has passed at Tynecastle. Focus could be an issue for the Jambos. Inverness CT v Aberdeen: Aberdeen (0AH) @ 2.12 with 188Bet (2.5pts) Can't agree with the previous poster that Aberdeen have been "woeful" in their last two games. For starters, they took six points. They played well at St Johnstone, and were okay, I thought, as they beat Hibs last week. Caley might have been "unlucky" lately, but we've been saying that all season. Crucially, Richie Foran is missing for the Highlanders in this one and without him Caley will struggle to mix it physically in attack. Caley lack penetration when they're on top, and nerves have got the better of their young defenders so often at the other end. Big price with full draw cover on the form side out of these two. Dunfermline v St Johnstone: St Johnstone (-0.25AH) @ 1.94 with 188Bet (2.5pts) Didn't fancy this one at all until just a short time ago, but news that Paul Gallacher will be missing from Dunfermline's sticks makes it a play. He's been the difference between heavy defeats and utter thrashings behind the poorest SPL defence since the not-so-dearly departed Gretna. Saints welcome back Jody Morris and Francisco Sandaza, which will make a massive difference to them. Good luck SPL punters this weekend. Hope it's a good Christmas all round.:ok

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Celtic v Kilmarnock Celtic continued to put pressure on the biggest rival, with seven consecutive SPL wins. Team played well in Udine last week, but they missed out on a visa for European spring. Now can be fully focus on fighting for the title. In the second half of match last round, they are well finished off Saints with 2:0. Killie are four matches without a defeat, but have only one win outside of their stadium so far. In the last round they led 1:0 vs the Arabs thanks to another amazing SPL goal (Dayton), but didn't play well. Dundee Utd was better team there and at the end took a point with equalizing goal in injury time. The Bhoys have never beaten by Kilmarnock at home, but Killie get a draws in last games at Celtic Park and at Rugby Park. Izaguirre (the best player of last season) is finnaly fit (but don't beleive that he'll play), like Wilson and Ledley, but Loovens, Commons, Matthews are still out. Majstorovic is the latest injured player of the Bhoys and striker Stokes is doubtful. Fowler is back for Killie, but Shiels (2nd scorer) is doubtful and likely won't play today. Hoops have to make a good atmosphere before Old Firm and that is why imperative to win here, despite some absences. Killie have led in the first match this season 3:0 and at the end won only one point (3:3) against Celtic. Now they will still play in Glasgow, and Celtic is considerably improved form in relation to that time. And I believe that it's very important next game against Saints for them, and here can be defeated against objectively far stronger rival. See 2:0 or 3:1... GL Celtic (-1) @1.80 Paddy Power 3/10 fair>> @1.70

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Dundee Utd v Hibernian Both teams perform better away than at home. Although they haven't won in the last round, both teams offered good game. Yet Utd was luckier and won one point while Hibs are defeated against Aberdeen. Coach Houston is obviously a crucial factor for the Arabs cause his boys are playing much better in the second half of recent matches. On the other hand, Irishman Fanlon is still looking for first points with a new club. Scored goals are most missing to them cause Hibs are still the most inefficient team in the league. They've won only once at Tannadice Park in the last 10 away games. Severin and Swanson are long term injured Utd players. Robertson is fit again. Away team will be without injured Osbourne, but 2nd team scorer Griffiths returns from suspension. Captain Murray is in doubt. My bet is without more reasoning here, simply home team don't shine at Tannadice Park and Hibs are very motivated to make any good result with a new coach. @1.80 for Dundee - no thanks; @2.00 (at local) for X2 - yes please. Maybe 1:1 or surprise 1:2? gl X2 @1.96 unibet 3/10 fair>> @1.80

Sport Football (Scotland)
Event Dundee Utd vs. Hibernian
Selection X
Strength 10/10
Date 24/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.50
Reasoning Dundee United have played 19 games this season including nine at home. Failed to obtain than 9 out of 27 possible points with 2 wins and 3 draws, 4 defeats, goal difference 7:9. In the 9 games only two had more than 2.5 goals, 3:1 victory and defeat with the same score Inverness 1:3 with Motherwell. In the last stage drew 1:1 away to Kilmarnock managed to get a point with the goal in injury time equalizer scored by Dixon game. Hibernian Edinburgh was ranked 11 in the standings with 14 points accumulated in 18 matches played, opponents to 8 points this afternoon. 8 points were brought out of the 9 games played by the boys of coach Pat Fenlon, have 2 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats, 8:15 goal difference. The team goes through a period very hard have four defeats and a draw in the last 5 games played, goal difference 2:8. In the last eight games played at Tannadice Park, 6 of them had more than 2 goals.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December St Mirren v Rangers Rangers want one more victory in a row before the Old Firm in the next round. They've three consecutive wins and they are the best away team in SPL (with 24 points of max 27). There are 4 points ahead of Celtic and they want to keep it before visit at Celtic Park. But as I said, the Gers undeservedly won the last round against Caley Thistle (who were better team on the pitch, imo). St Mirren is in bad shape with two defeats and two draws since coach Danny Lennon has extended contract. But they played well in the last round in Motherwell, where won one point thanks to excellent Goodwin's goal. That they had a bit better luck could have taken all three points from interesting game. Is it a sign of better play for the Buddies after three very bad games? The Gers have won 10 times in 12 matches at St. Mirren Park in this century, but there was 1:1 in the first encounter this season in Glasgow. Captain Goodwin is suspended for the Buddies, but Thomson and Mair are fit again. Naismith is long term injured for away side, while Aluko and Goian are back. Nearly everything is on the side of the Gers, but I'm not convinced with their performance lately. But home team will be without one of the best players, so either 1X has no value for me. So I'll try to draw at half time, which was the case in seven of last eight mutual matches between these teams. X ht @2.40 gamebookers 2/10 fair>> @2.00

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Inverness v Aberdeen "North-East derby" at Caledonian Stadium is the first match of day. Both teams are in the lower half of the table, but the Dons have a five points advantage. CT have two consecutive losses, and Aberdeen's three match unbeaten. But matches of last round show and the other side of them. In fact, Inverness is completely undeservedly lost at Ibrox. They had some great opportunities and non-awarded a penalty, so that at least a draw was the most realistic outcome of match. On the other hand, Aberdeen welcomed the Hibs after midweek win against Saints. The Dons won a match where were many dubious decisions, but they've not played nothing special and here's a draw was probably the most realistic, imo. Interestingly, there were no draws in last 12 mutual matches of these teams. Inverness won only once at home in their last 10 meetings. Foran is suspended, Meekings, Hogg, Chippendale, Tudur-Jones, Proctor and Doran are injured for home team. Piermayr and Davis are back in the team. The Dons will be without suspended Pawlett, injured Chalali and Folly, while Fallon is doubtful. Defender Considine is back from suspension. I've to agree with @Lennox here. I think that morale of team in such matches is very important, and after many failures at Ibrox don't believe that CT have strength and will to beat Aberdeen. 2 (dnb) @2.10 Paddy Power 2/10 fair>> @1.90

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Dunfermline v St Johnstone The Pars are only team in the league that haven't won at home, while they've conceded most goals in SPL. This will be their first match at East End Park after a month. In the last round are run over versus Hearts, as well as the Saints against Celtic. It was the third straight defeat at home for St Johnstone. However, they play much better on the road where they've only one loss and only 5 conceded goals (best away defence after Rangers). Home team have won only twice in the last 26 h2h matches (the Pars both times). However, the Saints were winning every time in their last four away games in Dunfermline. Easton, Boyle, Cardle, Burns and Hardie are available again for home team. But first keeper Gallacher is now injured with McCann, Phinn, Thomson, Rutkiewicz, Bell and McDougall. On the other hand, Saints will be without Sheridan and Wright, but captain Morris, topscorer Sandaza and Davidson are fit, while Robertson is in doubt. I was in doubt with over2,5 or away win, but scrolling team news and due better odds decided for the Saints victory, but with the lowest stake in this one. 2 @2.22 Pinnacle 1/10 fair>> @2.00

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Inverness v Aberdeen over 2.5 @ 2.06 SBOBET Not an expert in this league, but looking at both teams perform, Aberdeen just out of funk which lasted quite some time, while Inverness traditionally a team where you can relly on goals. Looking at their latest results there is a tendency that theri latest 10 games - 7 went over. And from what i have seen form highlights of their latest visit on Ibrox, Inverness not a team which will hide. So i expect open play, where both team could be creating. Aberdeen on high after long winless spell, while Inverness should be boosted by their performance vs. Rangers. overs for me, and they are paid quite well.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Hearts v Motherwell Motherwell +0.25 @1.98 SBOBET Again, let me say, not an expert in the league, but follow it with lets say one eye, as i can catch some transmisions on TV, with highlights over notebook. I find that Hearts had some major of the field issues, which were st least for time being made better, they had a win against worst team in league, and now face the best away team. Motherwell 7-1-1 away team, and that is surely not a coincidence, as their home record is shit - at least compared to away games. So basically it is a team, which looks to be on way back - better roster imo surely for Hearts, but i cant give a postivie note on one good game, surely not looking on value odds on guests and their recent perforamcens away. I also saw some missings for home team, but i simply have to quote the statement of one of Hearts supporters, which in some comedy way gives an edge to the guests: Motherwell will win. We're shite.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Dunfermline Athletic - Saint Johnstone St. Johnstone -0.25 @ 1.93 SBOBET A risky one, but with coer of half goal i believe it is worth a shot. Dunfermilne as is said on Island, piss poor at home, winless and with aswful results, also guest not world beaters, after 3 lost games at home they will need positive bounce back result. Along with effort to at least see highlights from Soctolnd i tend to look into the supporters confidence, and I tell you, home supporters are already prepared for next lost game, even more as Smith is in goal insted of Gallacher, who is way better goalie than todays starter. And dont get me started in quoting the results predictions from home team support. The most confident guy said 2-3 lost. imo from my pov, odds are for taking btw, sorry for my lack of knowledge in this thread, know there are many more better tipsters for and from Scotland, just adding my two cents.

Sport Football (Scotland)
Event Annan Athletic - Berwick
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 6/10
Date 24/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.67
Reasoning Scottish 3rd League game. We have 2 promotion contenders playing each other. Annan Athletic started the season really well, but a couple of poor results have made them lose the first spot. The first game played between the 2, earlier this season ended with 1-0 win for Annan Athletic. But the game was far more open than the final score shows. In fact Berwick played an excellent game, had plenty of chances to score, but missed them and in the end they were punished for it. Last season all 4 meetings ended with both teams scoring, and 3 of them were over 3.5 at the very least. Judging by the first game this season, which was also extremelly open, it is much more likely than odds suggest that we could see another 4 goals in this game, and I'll take a shot at it.

Dunfermline Athletic - Saint Johnstone St. Johnstone -0.25 @ 1.93 SBOBET A risky one, but with coer of half goal i believe it is worth a shot. Dunfermilne as is said on Island, piss poor at home, winless and with aswful results, also guest not world beaters, after 3 lost games at home they will need positive bounce back result. Along with effort to at least see highlights from Soctolnd i tend to look into the supporters confidence, and I tell you, home supporters are already prepared for next lost game, even more as Smith is in goal insted of Gallacher, who is way better goalie than todays starter. And dont get me started in quoting the results predictions from home team support. The most confident guy said 2-3 lost. imo from my pov, odds are for taking btw, sorry for my lack of knowledge in this thread, know there are many more better tipsters for and from Scotland, just adding my two cents.
Dunfermline Athletic - St Johnstone You may not be an expert in this league but I agree with most of your bets. Dunfermline really are a poor team and gained most of their points at the start of the season with three fortuitous away wins. St Johnstone have been on a bad run themselves of late but this has been mainly due to the loss of their quality strikers Sheridan and Sandaza. Sandaza returns today along with their captain and sitting midfielder Jody Morris. Sandaza really is a first class striker if he receives decent support today he could be the difference. With number 1 keeper Gallacher out I can see St Johnstone turning over Dunfermline today so along with the half draw cover suggested by Lennox and Azzurini I will take St Johnstone -1AH @3.55 with bet365. Dundee Utd v Hibernian BTS evs with Ladbrokes A quick write up here as I am away to watch the Rangers game! These teams haven't produced much goals in their recent games, but that is why they have produced such value on this market today. Both teams strike force is better than their defence, Hibs's Garry O'Conner causes problems to every SPL defence and Leigh Griffiths will certainly be playing for his place due to arrival of Eoin Doyle. Again Dundee United have a strong forward line in Johnny Russell and Jon Daly. And if Scott Allan plays they've certainly got some creativity there!

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December 1/3 so not a great day. One away day too many for Motherwell while Terry Butcher pulled a fast one by including the "injured" Richie Foran for Caley. Well done Ecosse, some fine wins there! Happy Xmas, SPL punters, have a good one!

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December 1/3 so not a great day. One away day too many for Motherwell while Terry Butcher pulled a fast one by including the "injured" Richie Foran for Caley. Well done Ecosse, some fine wins there! Happy Xmas, SPL punters, have a good one!

Celtic v Kilmarnock Celtic (-1) @1.80 Paddy Power 3/10 fair>> @1.70
2:1
Dundee Utd v Hibernian Coach Houston is obviously a crucial factor for the Arabs cause his boys are playing much better in the second half of recent matches. X2 @1.96 unibet 3/10 fair>> @1.80
3:1 (0:1)
St Mirren v Rangers So I'll try to draw at half time, which was the case in seven of last eight mutual matches between these teams. X ht @2.40 gamebookers 2/10 fair>> @2.00
2:1 in 45+2
Inverness v Aberdeen 2 (dnb) @2.10 Paddy Power 2/10 fair>> @1.90
2:1
Dunfermline v St Johnstone 2 @2.22 Pinnacle 1/10 fair>> @2.00
0:3 ...almost all profit from the last week I managed to lose. definitely could not be worse day for me... :@

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League & Third Division > 24 December Airdirie +0.25 Going with the current form of both teams as Airdire despite not having the bestresults looking far better than Forfar, anyway, Forfar poor home team, with only one win, while Airdrie had some postive results, while home team had only one win in last ten. Hope this trend will go one on this fixture aswell