England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec

Spooner

Monday 26 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle (12:00 GMT) 1.91 3.75 4.5 101.24 %
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Oxford United (12:15 GMT) 3.2 3.5 2.5 99.82 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Barnet (13:00 GMT) 2.53 3.5 3 101.43 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Port Vale (13:30 GMT) 3.4 3.5 2.3 101.46 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Southend United (15:00 GMT) 2.66 3.45 2.87 101.36 %
maximize.gif Bradford City v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 GMT) 2.34 3.5 3.35 101.16 %
maximize.gif Cheltenham Town v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 GMT) 2.57 3.4 3 101.66 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Gillingham (15:00 GMT) 1.62 4.2 6.5 100.92 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v Rotherham United (15:00 GMT) 3.25 3.5 2.38 101.36 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Accrington Stanley (15:00 GMT) 2.34 3.4 3.45 101.13 %
maximize.gif Northampton Town v Burton Albion (15:00 GMT) 2.76 3.5 2.65 102.54 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Swindon Town (15:00 GMT) 3.25 3.4 2.4 101.85 %

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec Torquay v Swindon Swindon to win - 2.4 Coral Torquay's both main attacking threats in Billy Boden (Playing against Parent Club) and Rene Howe (Suspended) are missing and that does not go well when you are playing a team with the most clean sheets in the english leagues in Swindon. Di Canio's men are on a roll winning 4 out of their last 5 and you would have to go back all the way to the end of September to find when they last lost. Torquay have already been struggling for goals (2 in their last 3) and now without both of their most clinical goalscorers they do not stand much chance against a stern robins defence.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec Two value offers for me: Aldershot Town - Southend United - 2 - 2.75 @ Bet365 Aldershot are an inconsistent team and their home record is 4-1-6. They did manage to beat another promotion candidate Shrewsbury in their last home game but the following match at Port Vale 4:0. Southend on another hand are a team who surprised everybody for a long time and stayed top of the league. Their away record reads: 7-0-3. They were forecast to slow down a bit and they did. Their run of form now is two league defeats (Bradford at home and Cheltenham away) and a draw (Bristol Rovers at home). This poor run may however be blamed on the busy schedule with the team being involved in both FA Cup and JP Trophy in recent weeks. The Shrimpers are now out of both competitions and their full concentration should be on L2 and a victory at Aldershot tomorrow would be a great return to form and a warning to other teams that they are still in the automatic promotion chase. Northampton Town - Burton Albion - 2 - 2.6 @ William Hill The hosts have only won one home game the whole season (4 draw and 5 defeats). The team is in transition, tomorrow they will feature a new goalkeeper. This is what their new manager said: "We are trying to get four months work into three weeks and when a new manager comes in it does take a bit of time for players to get used to the new levels demanded of them, both physically and mentally. "There is plenty of work to be done and it has been intense and gruelling but that's how it needs to be. "As I said from day one this is an observation period for me until January the 1st and then decisions will be made with players coming in and some players moving on. "We are in this position for a reason and things do need changing but that doesn't mean to say that everything needs changing, far from it." I expect the team to be tired with hard training and maybe too desperate to show off in front of new manager and as we know things don't always go well when you try too hard. Burton are a strong team with a clear aim of at east getting into playoffs. They went a bit off-track recently with 3-0 defeat at Crawley and a disappointing home draw against Dag and Red. Tomorrow's game against weak Northampton is a great opportunity to get those crucial 3 points on board.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec

Event Hereford - Port Vale
Selection Port Vale
Strength 10/10
Date 26/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.25
Reasoning The moment of the two teams is quite different. While Port Vale is in good form, the hosts Hereford is struggling. And Hereford has increased problems as his two main central backs will miss this game. Port Vale is coming from two wins, scoring six goals and their good scoring moment can be improved due to the Hereford problems in the defensive line. Hereford couldn't win any of his last six league games and they also have a poor home record with 3-1-7. Hereford is bad placed and Port Vale normally will get a positive result in this visit.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec 6 games that can end as draw: Wimbledon vs Oxford Great match for home side after 4 consecutive defeats will play against a team that had also a bad period that seems they over passed it. After 5 consecutive defeats, Oxford came with a draw and a win. Wimbledon has draws in last 5 home games while Oxford has 1 draw and 4 defeat sin last 5 games away. draw @ 3.52 with Pinnacle Sports Northampton vs Burton Home side changed the manager and I think they will show now some results. Burton lost points home with Dagenham and many said that it is the Daggers merit. I think not. Burton are in a weaker form and that should be seen also today. no draw since september away for the Brewers, but I think it is possible today as they meet a desperate team. draw @ 3.60 with >Victor Chandler Hereford vs Port Vale Eternal struggling Hereford is not going to relegate not even this season and will make again the bettors to throw their coupons away. Many will go here for a Port Vale win, but I think Hereford has the strength to stay in a draw. They have just 1 so far at home, but I think they can hold Port Vale which has 3 draws on their travels. draw @ 3.50 with >Betfred Bradford vs Crewe Alexandra Home side is looking very good lately with 1 defeat in last 5 games. crewe is also on a good trend with 2 draws and 2 wins in last 5 games. I expect a draw, a share of the points as the home side will look to accumulate as many points as possible to avoid a getting closer to the relegation spots. No draws between them in the last 8 meetings so I believe is time for this type of result. draw @ 3.50 with Skybet Cheltenham vs Shrewsbury This is a classic game to bet on draw for me. A derby in the League Two and none should afford to lose the match. Shrews been impressive lately with just 1 defeat in last 10 games and with 7 wins and 2 draws.Cheltenham made a 2-2 with Barnet after having just 1 defeat among 7 wins.Expect a tight game to call, but a draw should mean that both teams will remain in the battle for direct promotion. draw @ 3.48 5Dimes Morecambe vs Accrington Of course you must believe that Stanley will make another draw here after they made already 7 in their 10 games away. They won just once and lost twice and are the king of the away draws like they have been last year. Home side is not on a good form at all and a draw would be a great result. They have just one draw among 4 defeats in last 5 games. At home they made 3 draws and I think can go with the 4th! draw @ 3.40 with Pinnacle Sports

6 games that can end as draw: Wimbledon vs Oxford Great match for home side after 4 consecutive defeats will play against a team that had also a bad period that seems they over passed it. After 5 consecutive defeats, Oxford came with a draw and a win. Wimbledon has draws in last 5 home games while Oxford has 1 draw and 4 defeat sin last 5 games away. draw @ 3.52 with Pinnacle Sports Northampton vs Burton Home side changed the manager and I think they will show now some results. Burton lost points home with Dagenham and many said that it is the Daggers merit. I think not. Burton are in a weaker form and that should be seen also today. no draw since september away for the Brewers, but I think it is possible today as they meet a desperate team. draw @ 3.60 with >Victor Chandler Hereford vs Port Vale Eternal struggling Hereford is not going to relegate not even this season and will make again the bettors to throw their coupons away. Many will go here for a Port Vale win, but I think Hereford has the strength to stay in a draw. They have just 1 so far at home, but I think they can hold Port Vale which has 3 draws on their travels. draw @ 3.50 with >Betfred Bradford vs Crewe Alexandra Home side is looking very good lately with 1 defeat in last 5 games. crewe is also on a good trend with 2 draws and 2 wins in last 5 games. I expect a draw, a share of the points as the home side will look to accumulate as many points as possible to avoid a getting closer to the relegation spots. No draws between them in the last 8 meetings so I believe is time for this type of result. draw @ 3.50 with Skybet Cheltenham vs Shrewsbury This is a classic game to bet on draw for me. A derby in the League Two and none should afford to lose the match. Shrews been impressive lately with just 1 defeat in last 10 games and with 7 wins and 2 draws.Cheltenham made a 2-2 with Barnet after having just 1 defeat among 7 wins.Expect a tight game to call, but a draw should mean that both teams will remain in the battle for direct promotion. draw @ 3.48 5Dimes Morecambe vs Accrington Of course you must believe that Stanley will make another draw here after they made already 7 in their 10 games away. They won just once and lost twice and are the king of the away draws like they have been last year. Home side is not on a good form at all and a draw would be a great result. They have just one draw among 4 defeats in last 5 games. At home they made 3 draws and I think can go with the 4th! draw @ 3.40 with Pinnacle Sports
Morecambe vs Accrington - only 1/6 picked up correctly - bankruptcy !:eyes

Two value offers for me: Aldershot Town - Southend United - 2 - 2.75 @ Bet365 Aldershot are an inconsistent team and their home record is 4-1-6. They did manage to beat another promotion candidate Shrewsbury in their last home game but the following match at Port Vale 4:0. Southend on another hand are a team who surprised everybody for a long time and stayed top of the league. Their away record reads: 7-0-3. They were forecast to slow down a bit and they did. Their run of form now is two league defeats (Bradford at home and Cheltenham away) and a draw (Bristol Rovers at home). This poor run may however be blamed on the busy schedule with the team being involved in both FA Cup and JP Trophy in recent weeks. The Shrimpers are now out of both competitions and their full concentration should be on L2 and a victory at Aldershot tomorrow would be a great return to form and a warning to other teams that they are still in the automatic promotion chase. Northampton Town - Burton Albion - 2 - 2.6 @ William Hill The hosts have only won one home game the whole season (4 draw and 5 defeats). The team is in transition, tomorrow they will feature a new goalkeeper. This is what their new manager said: "We are trying to get four months work into three weeks and when a new manager comes in it does take a bit of time for players to get used to the new levels demanded of them, both physically and mentally. "There is plenty of work to be done and it has been intense and gruelling but that's how it needs to be. "As I said from day one this is an observation period for me until January the 1st and then decisions will be made with players coming in and some players moving on. "We are in this position for a reason and things do need changing but that doesn't mean to say that everything needs changing, far from it." I expect the team to be tired with hard training and maybe too desperate to show off in front of new manager and as we know things don't always go well when you try too hard. Burton are a strong team with a clear aim of at east getting into playoffs. They went a bit off-track recently with 3-0 defeat at Crawley and a disappointing home draw against Dag and Red. Tomorrow's game against weak Northampton is a great opportunity to get those crucial 3 points on board.
Southend were leading 1-0 at half time but the game was suspended due to floodlights failure. Dodgy, dodgy Aldershot! Bet void...:( Northampton - Burton 2:3 - winning goal scored in 90 mins. :cheers

Torquay v Swindon Swindon to win - 2.4 Coral Torquay's both main attacking threats in Billy Boden (Playing against Parent Club) and Rene Howe (Suspended) are missing and that does not go well when you are playing a team with the most clean sheets in the english leagues in Swindon. Di Canio's men are on a roll winning 4 out of their last 5 and you would have to go back all the way to the end of September to find when they last lost. Torquay have already been struggling for goals (2 in their last 3) and now without both of their most clinical goalscorers they do not stand much chance against a stern robins defence.
This bet clearly mean Stats mean jack all.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Two > 26 Dec Not sure what you mean by that. I considered the same bet but then I saw the stats for both teams which read: Torquay Home: 5-4-2 Swindon Away: 4-2-5 If you had followed the stats you wouldn't have placed a bet for an away team that lost 45% of away games against a side that won 45% of home matches.