England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December

Spooner

Friday 16 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifBarnet v Cheltenham Town (19:45 GMT) 3.3 3.5 2.37 100.98 %
maximize.gifSouthend United v Bradford City (19:45 GMT) 1.62 4 6.5 102.11 %
Saturday 17 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAccrington Stanley v Torquay United (15:00 GMT) 2.4 3.4 3.15 102.82 %
maximize.gifBurton Albion v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 GMT) 1.82 3.75 5.5 99.79 %
maximize.gifCrewe Alexandra v Crawley Town (15:00 GMT) 4.8 3.85 1.83 101.45 %
maximize.gifGillingham v Bristol Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.85 3.6 5 101.83 %
maximize.gifOxford United v Northampton Town (15:00 GMT) 1.81 3.75 4.8 102.75 %
maximize.gifPlymouth Argyle v Hereford United (15:00 GMT) 2.39 3.55 3.25 100.78 %
maximize.gifPort Vale v Aldershot Town (15:00 GMT) 2.22 3.5 3.55 101.79 %
maximize.gifRotherham United v AFC Wimbledon (15:00 GMT) 1.88 3.75 4.5 102.08 %
maximize.gifShrewsbury Town v Macclesfield Town (15:00 GMT) 1.68 3.8 6 102.51 %
maximize.gifSwindon Town v Morecambe (15:00 GMT) 1.82 3.6 4.8 103.56 %

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December I started a similar thread yesterday and it would be better if posts were transfered to the new thread instead of deleted. Anyway, Will Hill offers 1.8 on Burton to beat Dag and Red at home. I think this is good value as Burton are strong at home and Dag and Red are the weakest side in the league at the moment. Burton's manager said recently that promotion is their aim and if so beating Daggers at home is a must. Most other bookies offer 1.65-1.7 and I doubt that WH's price will last long so I've taken it this morning. I am also considering Oxford at home - after a difficult set of games (Southend, Crawley,Cheltenham and Morecambe) which ended with 3 defeats and a draw they should try to return to winning ways against weaker and weaker Northampton. Will wait for other's opinions though with this one.

I started a similar thread yesterday and it would be better if posts were transfered to the new thread instead of deleted. Anyway' date=' Will Hill offers 1.8 on Burton to beat Dag and Red at home. I think this is good value as Burton are strong at home and Dag and Red are the weakest side in the league at the moment. Burton's manager said recently that promotion is their aim and if so beating Daggers at home is a must. Most other bookies offer 1.65-1.7 and I doubt that WH's price will last long so I've taken it this morning. I am also considering Oxford at home - after a difficult set of games (Southend, Crawley,Cheltenham and Morecambe) which ended with 3 defeats and a draw they should try to return to winning ways against weaker and weaker Northampton. Will wait for other's opinions though with this one.[/quote']Sorry about that maliniok, I just see the thread with one spam post and one post without reasoning if I'm not mistaken? Feel free to start the threads but please try and include odds from the odds comparison website. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Northampton havent been good this season,but the introduction of a new manager Boothroyd might change that,1-1 last week at home to Crewe stopped the rot,but beating Oxford away might be a tough ask,especially as they have players coming back into the side.4/1 at the mo the away side,maybe a bet on a/hcap might be in order,but no bet as yet,keep this one in the back pocket for now.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December What I've done I took a double: Burton to win, Oxford to win DNB. Similarly I think that a draw with the new manager is the most they can get at Oxford who only lost once at home to a bery strong away side Cheltenham. Why is this thread so dead?

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Cheltenham AH-0.25 2.0 Pinnacle 4/10 Can´t resist. Decided to take Cheltenham on a lower HC. Barnet is weak at home (only 3 wins so far losing 4 from last 6). If a strong side turns up, they´ll lose in HC. Cheltenham looks really strong home and away. They won last 5 away vs. better or similar opposition. But since I´m a little scared of such good runs I´ll go for the AH-0.25. Burton is another must take for me, but I´m not quite sure why the odds went up a little (now 1.847 Pinnacle). Couldn´t find great information about this fixture (injuries?). Anyway Dagenham is on a bad run and I don´t think they will get anything from this match. Burton is strong at home and has beaten many midtable teams on their ground.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Barnet vs Cheltenham I think that is time for Barnet to lose once more at home. They have been pretty good last round at home, but now they meet a team very in form, a team that can beat them. Cheltenham will try to get back all the points here that were taken by Barnet few weeks ago. I think will not be so easy as most of the people thinks. Cheltenham has a too long series of winnings while Barnet has been difficult to be defeated by MK Dons and Brentford. I do not thing will see a goal galore here. 2 or 3 @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Southend vs Bradford Southend glory days seems they are gone and Bradford is looking to get something here. Southend is a clear favorite for many, but I do not underestimate Bradford which did good things against good teams like Swindon and Gillingham - 2 times 0-0. They haven't scored yet in last 5 games in the League Two away, but I expect them to do it here. Southend might be the favorite but not for me. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December I was thinking to take Burton this weekend, but after reading this, I probably won't.

Calvin Zola could once again be Burton's only option up front for the home tie. Zola operated as a lone striker during the 3-0 defeat to league leaders Crawley last weekend, with leading scorer Billy Kee, Justin Richards and Adi Yussuf all sidelined through injury and Greg Pearson out on loan at Aldershot. Kee has a groin injury and Yussuf an ankle ligament problem. Richards has resumed training after recovering from a back complaint but it could be too soon for him to start a game having only made his comeback as a second-half substitute at Crawley. Captain John McGrath was left out of the starting XI in West Sussex on his return from suspension but the midfielder could be recalled against the Daggers. One player who will not pull on a Burton shirt again is Paul Boertien, with the left-back retiring from professional football at the age of 32 after a spate of injuries.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Barnet vs Cheltenham - Both Teams To Score @ 3/4 - BlueSQ Cheltenham are full of beans at the moment and will fancy their chances of extending their winning run. However, Jack Butland was an integral piece of their squad and with him returning to Birmingham, they will now have Scott Brown in between the posts. Of the eight games he started this season he only kept one clean sheet. Barnet's home games produce an influx of goals and I fancy there to be a fair few tonight. No Penn for Cheltenham but Duffy returns to their starting XI.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Hi guys, first day posting on here, here's my views on the weekends games ;) All odds posted will be courtesy of bet365. Barnet vs Cheltenham - I think Cheltenham should have a bit too much for Barnet tonight. The visitors are sitting nicely in third place, their last win was a great 3-0 win over Southend (second place) and have won their last 5 in all competitions. They did lose 2-0 to Barnet in the Johnstones Paint Trophy back in November but I foresee a different outcome tonight. My recommended tips are Cheltenham to win @ 2.25 and a correct score of Barnet 1-2 Cheltenham @ 9.5 Southend vs Bradford - Think this should be a comfortable victory for Southend. They're in second place and will be desperate to bounce back from defeat against Cheltenham and keep the pressure up on leaders Crawley. They are going through a bit of a rough patch, but I don't see Bradford troubling them too much, their only win in their last 5 was against a poor AFC Wimbledon side. My recommended tips are Southend to win @ 1.57 and a correct score of Southend 3-0 Bradford @ 13.00 Accrington vs Torquay - Can see this one ending in a draw, Accrington are reasonably strong at home but 9th placed Torquay don't ship many goals on their travels, think they should cancel each other out. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.4 and a correct score of Accrington 1-1 Torquay @ 6.5 Burton vs Dagenham & Redbridge - Dagenham sit at the bottom of League 2 and really need to start picking up points or they will find themselves back in non-league football come May. They do have a couple of decent players, who I think could make things difficult for Burton tomorrow, but it's still hard to see past the home side tomorrow. I'm going for a narrow Burton win against a spirited Dagenham side. My recommended tips are Burton @ 1.72 and a correct score of Burton 1-0 Dagenham @ 7.5 Crewe vs Crawley - Crawley started the league as favourites and are deservedly sitting at the top of the league, tomorrow they travel to a Crewe side who are in 16th but are undefeated in their last 3. Having said that, the champions-elect should have too much for them. My recommended tips are Crawley @ 1.72 and a correct score of Crewe 1-3 Crawley @ 13.00 Gillingham vs Bristol Rovers - On paper this looks like a home win, but I don't think it will be that easy for Gillingham. Yes, they've only lost once at home, but they've drawn four (winning five) and still seem to lack the killer edge that they need in this division. The return of Adam Birchall in a month's time or so should help them but until them, I think they'll pick up too many draws. Bristol Rovers aren't a fantastic team away from home but I still think they can frustrate Gillingham. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.5 and a correct score of Gillingham 1-1 Bristol Rovers @ 6.5 Oxford vs Northampton - Northampton are in a bit of a free-fall but the appointment of a permanent manager will be just what they needed. Oxford are a decent side at this level and have a decent home record but I fancy Northampton to nab something from this game. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.75 and a correct score of Oxford 1-1 Northampton @ 7.00 Plymouth vs Hereford - A big game at the foot of the table as 23rd host 21st, both sides will be desperate to take all 3 points but also desperate not to lose. I foresee a tight game, Hereford's away form is just as bad as Plymouth's home form and am confident this will end in a draw. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.4 and a correct score of Plymouth 0-0 Hereford @ 11.00 Port Vale vs Aldershot - 12th against 14th, before the game a section of Port Vale fans will be staging a protest against the club's owners but this shouldn't rub off onto Vale's performance. Aldershot, on their day, can beat anyone in this league but their away form isn't fantastic so I see another draw here. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.3 and a correct score of Port Vale 1-1 Aldershot @ 6.00 Rotherham vs AFC Wimbledon - Rotherham certainly know where the goal is, and on paper again you would think a home win is most likely here, and it probably is. However, I think AFC Wimbledon have enough about them to give Rotherham a good game, they're not on a great run of form and have struggled since a decent start to the season but they still have a number of players who are easily good enough for this league. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.6 and a correct score of Rotherham 1-1 AFC Wimbledon @ 7.00 Shrewsbury vs Macclesfield - Think we will definitely see a home win here. Shrewsbury are undefeated at home, winning 7 of their 9 games. Macclesfield overcame Chelmsford in the week, 1-0, in an FA Cup replay they could've done without. I can't see them posing Shrewsbury many problems tomorrow, and whilst the result may not be massive, I think a home win is on the card. My recommended tips are Shrewsbury @ 1.57 and a correct score of Shrewsbury 2-1 Macclesfield @ 8.5 Swindon vs Morecambe - This should be a tight game, 6th vs 8th, Swindon have a good home record (6-2-1) but Morecambe are decent away from home (5-4-1). I think Di Canio still has a hell of a lot of work to do at Swindon and Morecambe can get a point here tomorrow. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.6 and a correct score of Swindon 1-1 Morecambe @ 6.5 Good luck everyone! :)

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Barnet v Cheltenham - Over 2.5 Goals 1.9 William Hill I like the look of this one. Cheltenham can score bags of goals proven by them scoring 10 goals in 3 games. They are a good attacking outlet who do play attacking football, I remember them scoring 7 goals twice last season in games. Striker Daryl Duffy is back tonight for them who can provide goals at this level. Russ Penn is missing for the away side tonight which will be a blow to Cheltenhams midfield. Jack Butland has went back to parent club Birmingham after some excellent performances this could also benefit this bet as reserve goalkeeper Scott Brown will be a bit rusty. Barnet have conceded the most 2nd most in the league, 1 goal behind Bradford. However they also have the firepower upfront with the likes of Izale Mcleoud and Mark Marshall.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December It will be interesting to see Swindons performance v Morecambe. 1st game Swindon play since Di Canio came out on the radio and publicly criticised his players. Could work in his favour or backlash against a side that are certainly no mugs on the road only losing once.

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Friday 16 December 2011 Npower League 2 Southend United vs Bradford City Kick Off: 7.45pm at Roots Hall Bradford team news Ross Hannah will miss out on City's trip to Southend United because of the hamstring injury he picked up in the warm up before last Saturday's match with Plymouth Argyle.

Craig Fagan, who took Hannah's place in attack against the Pilgrims after originally being in line to start on the right wing, could now be in line to stay up front for this Friday also.

Nahki Wells will be another attacking option available to Phil Parkinson though, while Mark Stewart has an outside chance of travelling after being sidelined for several weeks with a toe injury.

Apart from Hannah's exclusion, Parkinson is likely to have roughly the same group of players available to him as he did for last weekend's Plymouth game.

Simon Ramsden is fine to take his place in City's match-day squad despite taking a nasty blow to his forehead in that match against the Pilgrims.

David Syers, Robbie Threlfall and Lee Bullock are all edging their way back to full fitness but this match will just come slighlty too early for them to feature.

Southend team news The Shrimpers will be without versatile Frenchman Bilel Mohsni after he received his marching orders in the first period of their F.A Cup Second Round reply defeat at the hands of Oldham Athletic this Tuesday. Mohsni has played in cental defence and up front before during his seventeen month spell with Southend but most recently has been featuring from a wide position. After starting the midweek Latics tie from the bench - presumably being rested - attacking duo Ryan Hall and Liam Dickinson are expected to come back into Southend's starting eleven. Hall should come back in to replace the suspended Mohsni, while Dickinson could take the place of manager Paul Sturrock's son, Blair, in Southend's starting eleven. Young midfielder Kane Ferdinand, who joined Hall and Dickinson on the bench at Oldham, could also earn a recall after starting most of Southend's league fixtures this season. Jean-Paul Kalala is another player that may well be in Paul Sturrock's thoughts for City's visit to Roots Hall now the midfielder is free from suspension after serving out a one match ban during the week. Skipper Chris Barker is a pre-match doubt for Southend, however, after he was forced off with a calf problem at Boundary Park. Fellow defender Luke Prosser, who replaced Barker in the tie, is likely to take his place again should Southend's captain be unfit to feature. Winger Jemal Johnson is largely expected to miss out after recently being suspended by Southend pending an internal investigation for an off-field incident. Striker Barry Corr and midfielder Harry Crawford are both still sidelined with long term knee injuries as well. Despite taking only one point from their last two league matches, Southend currently lie second in the League 2 table and have only lost once at home this season.

Parkinson: 'Paul's teams always play in a similar vein and we know what to expect' Bantams boss Phil Parkinson is well aware of the tough situation his side are in only three points off the bottom two, and facing the second placed club at their place on a cold Friday evening, though it should be warmer than Bradford, is probably not the best place to start a revival, even against a team searching for their first win in five games. Odds on Bradfrord City's Side are dropping drastically from 6.5 to 3.75 I Think Bradfrord City can get a draw here because they are at the bottom of the table and if they want to stay in the league two they must begin to get some good results... so my bet today is Bradford City +0.5 @ 1.85 With Pinnacle

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December

Barnet vs Cheltenham - Both Teams To Score @ 3/4 - BlueSQ Cheltenham are full of beans at the moment and will fancy their chances of extending their winning run. However, Jack Butland was an integral piece of their squad and with him returning to Birmingham, they will now have Scott Brown in between the posts. Of the eight games he started this season he only kept one clean sheet. Barnet's home games produce an influx of goals and I fancy there to be a fair few tonight. No Penn for Cheltenham but Duffy returns to their starting XI.
In before half time. :ok

Barnet v Cheltenham - Over 2.5 Goals 1.9 William Hill I like the look of this one. Cheltenham can score bags of goals proven by them scoring 10 goals in 3 games. They are a good attacking outlet who do play attacking football, I remember them scoring 7 goals twice last season in games. Striker Daryl Duffy is back tonight for them who can provide goals at this level. Russ Penn is missing for the away side tonight which will be a blow to Cheltenhams midfield. Jack Butland has went back to parent club Birmingham after some excellent performances this could also benefit this bet as reserve goalkeeper Scott Brown will be a bit rusty. Barnet have conceded the most 2nd most in the league, 1 goal behind Bradford. However they also have the firepower upfront with the likes of Izale Mcleoud and Mark Marshall.
Done & Dusted within 45 Mins :ok Well done Sounding Stylish also

I was thinking to take Burton this weekend' date=' but after reading this, I probably won't.[/quote']

It is up front that Burton could find themselves spoilt by the riches available to them, with Justin Richards and Billy Kee both declaring themselves available for selection after time out through injury. You`ve got to assume that Calvin Zola will keep his starting spot, so the other shirt is up for grabs and it is anyone`s guess as to who will run out of the tunnel and who will skulk to the bench. Read more:

http://www.burton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=265934#ixzz1gjpxDj7C

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December SHREWSBURY -1AH...@ 2.05...combo of 6/10 win with Willy Hilly and -1EH Padraig powers @ 9/5....stakes 2/10.Only one small bet for me tomorrow on the Shrews to beat the Asian handicap.They are unbeaten at home conceding just 5 times in 9 games.They were poor away at Aldershot last time out and that put an end to an eight game unbeaten run. Macclesfield won their cup replay on Weds night and drew their last league game 0-0 at home to Gillingham.Their goalkeeper was the hero last weekend making a string of fine saves.They have a few players carrying knocks,Tomlinson(5 goals) is still out but Draper(4 goals) returns.I think the shrews will bounce back with a win at home....

Friday 16 December 2011 Npower League 2 Southend United vs Bradford City Kick Off: 7.45pm at Roots Hall Bradford team news Ross Hannah will miss out on City's trip to Southend United because of the hamstring injury he picked up in the warm up before last Saturday's match with Plymouth Argyle.

Craig Fagan, who took Hannah's place in attack against the Pilgrims after originally being in line to start on the right wing, could now be in line to stay up front for this Friday also.

Nahki Wells will be another attacking option available to Phil Parkinson though, while Mark Stewart has an outside chance of travelling after being sidelined for several weeks with a toe injury.

Apart from Hannah's exclusion, Parkinson is likely to have roughly the same group of players available to him as he did for last weekend's Plymouth game.

Simon Ramsden is fine to take his place in City's match-day squad despite taking a nasty blow to his forehead in that match against the Pilgrims.

David Syers, Robbie Threlfall and Lee Bullock are all edging their way back to full fitness but this match will just come slighlty too early for them to feature.

Southend team news The Shrimpers will be without versatile Frenchman Bilel Mohsni after he received his marching orders in the first period of their F.A Cup Second Round reply defeat at the hands of Oldham Athletic this Tuesday. Mohsni has played in cental defence and up front before during his seventeen month spell with Southend but most recently has been featuring from a wide position. After starting the midweek Latics tie from the bench - presumably being rested - attacking duo Ryan Hall and Liam Dickinson are expected to come back into Southend's starting eleven. Hall should come back in to replace the suspended Mohsni, while Dickinson could take the place of manager Paul Sturrock's son, Blair, in Southend's starting eleven. Young midfielder Kane Ferdinand, who joined Hall and Dickinson on the bench at Oldham, could also earn a recall after starting most of Southend's league fixtures this season. Jean-Paul Kalala is another player that may well be in Paul Sturrock's thoughts for City's visit to Roots Hall now the midfielder is free from suspension after serving out a one match ban during the week. Skipper Chris Barker is a pre-match doubt for Southend, however, after he was forced off with a calf problem at Boundary Park. Fellow defender Luke Prosser, who replaced Barker in the tie, is likely to take his place again should Southend's captain be unfit to feature. Winger Jemal Johnson is largely expected to miss out after recently being suspended by Southend pending an internal investigation for an off-field incident. Striker Barry Corr and midfielder Harry Crawford are both still sidelined with long term knee injuries as well. Despite taking only one point from their last two league matches, Southend currently lie second in the League 2 table and have only lost once at home this season.

Parkinson: 'Paul's teams always play in a similar vein and we know what to expect' Bantams boss Phil Parkinson is well aware of the tough situation his side are in only three points off the bottom two, and facing the second placed club at their place on a cold Friday evening, though it should be warmer than Bradford, is probably not the best place to start a revival, even against a team searching for their first win in five games. Odds on Bradfrord City's Side are dropping drastically from 6.5 to 3.75 I Think Bradfrord City can get a draw here because they are at the bottom of the table and if they want to stay in the league two they must begin to get some good results... so my bet today is Bradford City +0.5 @ 1.85 With Pinnacle

won!:nana:nana:nana Bradford won 0-1 better than i excpected

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Plymouth vs Hereford Home side is not doing great this season but showed some good signs at home with just 1 defeat in last 5 games. Hereford is coming after 4 consecutive defeats and I think they had too much of that so far. They have always been a tight team away, capable of getting draws on many fields or also wins. I expect the Bulls to not lose this one, it is one of the games they are not allowed to lose it! away +0.25 AH @ 1.90 with canbet

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Burton v Dag Red, Burton Win 6/3/1 v 2/0/7, 5th v 24th Burton Won last 2 at H Dag& Red Lost last 3 Away, last 6 in all league 1.72 on Betfair Rotherham v AFC Wimbledon over 2.5, 49 Goals in 18 Games Rotherham at H and AFW Wimbeldon A 148 Goals in 40 Games in total in league Rotherham Average 3.5 Goals in their game, 3/3 have gone over AFC Wimbeldon Average 3.2 Goals in their games, 2/6 have gone over. 1.79 on Betfair

Re: England > Weekend > Npower Football League Two > 16-17 December Oddly enough I've taken the unders where Burton are concerned. I think they'll only have Zola fit up top today, and Dagenham have been dire away, but they should feel some comfort following their battling tight victory away to Walsall on Tuesday. The way things are set up you'd expect Burton to be the dominant sort of home side, which is where I think Dagenham will try to defend what they have a bit and look to get something when they can. Because of the fact Burton will be light up top, and Dagenham's dire need for any points I fancy the unders @ 2.05 - BET365. Normally you'd expect Burton games to go over, but they are odds on today for a good reason, and I don't like odds on sides in this league.

SHREWSBURY -1AH...@ 2.05...combo of 6/10 win with Willy Hilly and -1EH Padraig powers @ 9/5....stakes 2/10.Only one small bet for me tomorrow on the Shrews to beat the Asian handicap.They are unbeaten at home conceding just 5 times in 9 games.They were poor away at Aldershot last time out and that put an end to an eight game unbeaten run. Macclesfield won their cup replay on Weds night and drew their last league game 0-0 at home to Gillingham.Their goalkeeper was the hero last weekend making a string of fine saves.They have a few players carrying knocks,Tomlinson(5 goals) is still out but Draper(4 goals) returns.I think the shrews will bounce back with a win at home....
1-0,money back.....