Tennis - Australian Open

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Does anyone know if Massu's carrying an injury? He looks pathetic - I'd fancy my own chances against him given his horrendous performance against Kohlschreiber at the moment. He's lost the 1st set 6-0, trailing 2-0 in the second. Indeed, the cnut's retired! :(

Re: Tennis - Australian Open

For tomorrow' date=' [b']Ana Ivanovic(5.00 at Bet365) to beat Mauresmo! :nana Am I the only one who believe that this price represents a big, big value? :\ 5.00 is the ridicilous offer indeed.
Not a big tennis follower at all, but did watch Mauresmo beat our 18 yo Aussie chick last night. I have to say that Mauresmo looked very ordinary.....Obviously losing the first set, and really only progressed due to her opponent getting very tired. She was ranked over 230+ in the world and was simply out of her depth. Like I said, I don't follow the sport, but assuming Ivanovic can play at this level (ranked 82 I see :\ ) then she has to be some sort of chance. Any handicaps about?..>Can we get her at +1 set or something?

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Decided against it. Something must have happened for him to be that price and 2 sets up. Doesnt help that I havent got the tv where I am. Thanks for the info. Good luck with Nadal, still a break up.

Not a big tennis follower at all, but did watch Mauresmo beat our 18 yo Aussie chick last night. I have to say that Mauresmo looked very ordinary.....Obviously losing the first set, and really only progressed due to her opponent getting very tired. She was ranked over 230+ in the world and was simply out of her depth.
That rather attractive Aussie chick lost to Petrova not Mauresmo. Mauresmo lost a set against Dinara Safina (Safin's baby sister). Mauresmo beat Stosur (an Aussie) in the 1st round, she is ranked about 45 and is bang in form right now. I've no idea about Ivanovic, so have no idea about that game.
Does anyone know why Grosjean is currently at 3.05 at Betfair, where he is 2-0 up in sets, albeit 1-4 down in the 3rd. Is he carrying an injury?
Grosjean had a thigh injury, not exactly sure when it occured, but looking at the odds, guess it would have been in the 3rd set:ok. I've got no time right now, which is why I haven't provided an analysis or selections for a while, however, BAGHDATIS @ 2.75 (BlueSq, Coral, VC etc) MUST be a play against Robredo.

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Just posting up a few fairly speculative bets here: 1) Safin V Ancic @4.50 -I think whilst Safin has obviously been playing well, and has recovered from his injury problems that plagued him, he hasnt really been tested yet in this tournament. Ancic is in my opinion a very promising player...I saw him beat Henman last year and was very impressed, he has a fairly big serve and like to come to the net, so it should make an interesting game. 2)Elia V Baltacha @4.33 -This is very speculative, as the Italian is a very solid player who should not really lose this game. However Baltacha has been showing a bit of promise since wimbledon last year, also coming back from an injury so trying to prove herself. She has had 2 good wins (and unexpected) so far, and I just wonder whether she can make it 3. maybe there is a lot of me just wanting the British to win here, so small stakes. 3)Elia V baltacha to win 2-1 @4.33 -I think that Baltacha may take 1 set, so this is quite a good banker I suppose. I would probably put a bit more on this, as I think this outcome is more likely than a Baltacha win. Here are my stakes out of 10. (As there was a post about this elsewhere) Ancic to win 3pts Baltacha to win 1pt Elia to win 2-1 2pts Cheers and good luck to all. (Just need roddick to round off a undefeated day for me!:nana Sco

at this level (ranked 82 I see :\ ) then she has to be some sort of chance.
Yep, ranked 82, but 16-year-old Ivanovic is undoubtedly one of the biggest teenage superstars at the moment. ;) The girl won her first WTA title last week.An easy 2:0(6:1, 6:1) win in the previous round of Australian Open will give her even a bigger confidence. If Ivanovic shows the same stuffs like she did against Venus Williams, then it could be a hell of day for Mauresmo for sure. I just don't know how Mauresmo plays on this tournament, but anyway, this is definitely one of the possible upsets in this round.

Day 5 With the exception of a disastrous Day 3, I think this year's tournament has been pretty profitable. Day 5 certainly offers quite a few decent shots as well. 10 pts Hrbaty-J Johansson-Safin treble (2.33 - Ladbrokes) Hrbaty is grossly overpriced IMO - a very good hardcourt player up against a semi-decent one, there really isn't much of a match to be made here so long as Hrbaty remembers to turn up with a racquet (Gaudio's price clearly has bits of his French Open success in it - definitely not a true reflection of his ability on hardcourts). Ancic is an up-and-coming player, but he's still way too inconsistent to give a rejuvenated Safin too many problems. Over the last year, Johansson has clearly proved himself to be one of the finest hardcourt players around and I feel, even if doesn't step out of second gear, he will still have too much to see off a much-improced Feliciano Lopez. 8 pts Baghdatis-Federer 3-0 (3.44 - Ladbrokes) Federer is in a different class to everyone in the field - can't see Nieminen troubling him here. Baghdatis is clearly overpriced as he's a rapidly improving player who has proved his worth in this tournament with his defeat of Ljubicic in the last round. Once again, this is one of those matches where someone is overpriced due to the fact little is known about him - Robredo clearly doesn't look comfortable on this surface as his struggle against Draper in the previous round has proved. To add insult to injury, Robredo is in unchartered territory as he had never previously progressed beyond Round 2 - hardly a confidence booster there! :D 6 pts Petrova-Beck double (3.06 - Ladbrokes) Petrova should walk this one as she's simply better than the aging Maleeva in every sense imaginable. I must admit I like the look of Beck to take out O Rochus here. Much as I have enjoyed the cash Rochus has brought me over the last couple of weeks, I think Beck will provide him with the sternest test yet and this should pretty much be a 50-50 clash with two in-form players coming head-to-head. In Beck, Rochus has clearly met his match in a test of endurance between two players who have a tendency to play long, drawn-out matches. Nevertheless, I think Beck's defeat of Haas in the last round will have done his confidence a world of good - he shouldn't be that massively priced IMO. :hope 2 pts Li-Baghdatis double (13.75 - Ladbrokes) As mentioned above, Baghdatis has been flying and his win over Ljubicic in the previous round will have done his confidence a world of good. He could well be one of the dark horses to make significant progress in this tournament - this is no more than a 50-50 clash for me and clearly, 2.75 is too good an offer to turn down. To compound matters, Robredo's failure to progress beyond Round 2 in previous years clearly doesn't help instil confidence in me that he has what it takes to beat Baghdatis. Similarly, I have been less than impressed with Sharapova's second round performance where she had to work overtime to see off Lindsay Lee-Waters. Sharapova should be able to outclass Li Na here if she sets her mind to the task at hand, but should her mind start wandering(as she often does against less glamorous opponents), this could well prove to be a tricky tie. :eek CURRENT PROFIT/LOSS : +37.37 pts

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Looks like the world and his grandmother are on Baghatis today and it's reflected in the price which is falling like a piece of rock and now the best seems to be @ BlSq and VC - 2.62. As low as 2.25 elsewhere. Also would like to comment on Hewitt as I'm thinking of opposing him tomorrow. I know he's a favourite player of many, but watched the game vs. Blake last night (or rather in the morning) and it was defo Blake who lost the match and not Hewitt who won - the key was in Blake's terrible tactical error in the tie-break of the second set when he failed to capitalise on his advantage and better field play. Broke down immediately after that and never pick up tempo again. At least an interest stake on Chela might prove to deliver the goodies.;)

That rather attractive Aussie chick lost to Petrova not Mauresmo. Mauresmo lost a set against Dinara Safina (Safin's baby sister). Mauresmo beat Stosur (an Aussie) in the 1st round, she is ranked about 45 and is bang in form right now. I've no idea about Ivanovic, so have no idea about that game.
I wrote a paragraph or so on how I'd done some research on Ivanovic, and how I was an idiot, and for you to keep your beedy eyes off our barely legal young lasses...etc. etc.....But I got logged out somehow! :wall Anyway, kojic has said enough I think....I'll be off to leave the tennis to the professionals! :cheers Good luck guys.

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Overpriced...yes. But i still think it will be a difficult game. Pretty confident he'll come through, but iv left this one myself. Still really not sure about the Safin game, Ancic odds seem really tasty to me. Anyone else, or is the fact I have seen him beat my favourite player live (awsome against henman) somewhat clouding my vision? Sco

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Ancic is inconsistent as is Safin. What is behind Safin and against Ancic is Safin's success @ Aussie Open some time ago (hope I'm not mistaken as wouldn't bother to check now). IMO Ancic's never lived up to expectations, although it may change now. Hrbaty should progress, but I'm leaving him well alone @ this stage and @ such odds.