** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - 14-20 November

Sport Tennis
Event Aljaz Bedene - Grega Zemlja
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 15/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25
Reasoning In the first round of the of the Salzburg challenger (Austria, indoors/hard) two slovenians will meet, two players of similar height, both righties with 3 years between, Aljaz Bedene (22) and Grega Zemlja (25). Bedene, 161st in the world is quite new even for this challenger level on indoors/hard playing mostly in futures tournaments and prefering clay. Even though with 14-4 on the year in indoors/hard this season, most of his matches were played in futures, counting out of course his previous 2 tournaments, last time reaching the semifinals at the Loughborough challenger where he lost in three sets to Cipolla. He has a challenger title at Barletta (clay) when he went pass some decent players like Ramos, Rosol and Volandri in the final. Zemlja, 123rd in the world, he also having claycourt tournaments as the first choice but unlike Bedene he has played way more matches on hard, indoors (36-33) and outdoors (92-67), actually he has played more then his fellow countryman period with more experience overall in the ATP circuit. He got a title early on at the Caloundra challenger (hard) when he beat in the final the hard server Tomic in straight sets. Either then that he played another 2 challenger finals on clay. This will be his 5th indoors (hard) tournament of the season, coming with a 3-4 record this season, a surface that has`t been that kind, but still he managed to get pass the first round 3 out of 4 times. This will be the 4th official meeting between the two with Zemlja leading 3-0 after the first three, all played on clay, 2 times in straight sets and one time be retirement. Their last one was just this season at Ljubljana when Zemlja took it 6-1, 7-5. So counting the fact that both prefer clay as their main surface and Zemlja beat Bedene every time they met, meetings which happen to be played just that, I will give this to Grega who like I said has the more experience in the circuit and in these condition, even though he had more success outdoors then indoors this year. Win Grega Zemlja.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November Andreev vs Berrer - Berrer to win @ 4/5 with Ladbrokes - 3.5 Points Pretty confident on this one, Andreev is a miserable player when he goes on losing streaks and finds it hard to turn those streaks around of losing until he hits the clay scene. This is an indoor event however and very much Berrer's bread and butter. Berrer has had a few decent results on the surface in recent months, beating Kukushkin and a few others, should have a bit too much for the very much error prone Andreev.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November

Sport Tennis
Event Andreas Beck - Martin Klizan
Selection Andreas Beck -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.45
Reasoning In the 1st round of the Challenger Tour Finals (Brasil, indoors) we`ll have a battle between two lefties, Andrea Beck from Germany and Martin Klizan from Slovakia. Beck is ranked 105th in the world, played 4 challenger finals this season, reaching at least the quarterfinals in his last 3 tournaments. On the other side Klizan is mostly a claycourter, altough 7-7 this season in indoors he hasn`t done really anything important. In his previous 4 tournaments (all indoors/hard) he only once reached on getting over the first round. First meeting between the two and I will count in this on the greater knowledge of Andreas Beck in indoors tournaments where he has a 117-64 career record. Klizan can be very wild, even on his main surface, clay and I will count on this to give yet another chance of Beck to win, now playing indoors. As the slovakian lost his previous 4 out of 5 games in straight sets, I will make the same pick here today. Win Andreas Beck in straight sets.

Andreev vs Berrer - Berrer to win @ 4/5 with Ladbrokes - 3.5 Points Pretty confident on this one, Andreev is a miserable player when he goes on losing streaks and finds it hard to turn those streaks around of losing until he hits the clay scene. This is an indoor event however and very much Berrer's bread and butter. Berrer has had a few decent results on the surface in recent months, beating Kukushkin and a few others, should have a bit too much for the very much error prone Andreev.
:cigar :nana Really on a roll now. :rollin

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November Sport Tennis Event Janowicz-Paire Selection Janowicz Strength 10/10 Date 17/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.20 Reasoning Janowicz is be able to beat Paire today. Janowicz is material for TOP100 - been in US Open and Roland Garros Juniors Finals. In 2010 been in Final here, at Salzburg courts. I watched first round match against TOP10 in juniors ranking Thiem, Janowicz lost only 4 games in this match. Paire is not 100% fit and I see big troubles for him. Janowicz is very good bet. :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Andreas Beck - Martin Klizan
Selection Andreas Beck -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.45
Reasoning In the 1st round of the Challenger Tour Finals (Brasil, indoors) we`ll have a battle between two lefties, Andrea Beck from Germany and Martin Klizan from Slovakia. Beck is ranked 105th in the world, played 4 challenger finals this season, reaching at least the quarterfinals in his last 3 tournaments. On the other side Klizan is mostly a claycourter, altough 7-7 this season in indoors he hasn`t done really anything important. In his previous 4 tournaments (all indoors/hard) he only once reached on getting over the first round. First meeting between the two and I will count in this on the greater knowledge of Andreas Beck in indoors tournaments where he has a 117-64 career record. Klizan can be very wild, even on his main surface, clay and I will count on this to give yet another chance of Beck to win, now playing indoors. As the slovakian lost his previous 4 out of 5 games in straight sets, I will make the same pick here today. Win Andreas Beck in straight sets.
Well done.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November Thanks, before I watched the game live at bet365, I admit I have never seen Beck play, just knew him from his results and that he is a lefty. Klizan on the other hand I did, but on clay. After I saw this (even though again....on clay) I was convinced that he`s got the first shot and even more........and that was 2 years ago....

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November Sport Tennis Event Stakhovsky - Berankis Selection Stakhovsky Strength 10/10 Date 18/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Reasoning I see only one result in this game - Ukrainian player win. Stakhovsky in second round against Texeira show really hot stuff on the serve and on the baseline. Stakhovsky have one class better result than berankis on this surface. I watches two Berankis matches in this tournament, very close match against Ungur and three long sets against Robert. Sergiy is very good bet :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Lukas Lacko - Michael Berrer
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 18/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 1.83
Reasoning In the quarterfinals of he Bratislava challenger (Slovakia, indoors/hard), the "local" Lukas Lacko will try and beat the left-handed german Michael Berrer for the first time in his career after losing the first 3 meetings (07, 09, 10). Lacko is currently ranked just 133rd in the world but he is a very talented player, not having his best season of course but still he managed a challenger title at Izmir and two other semifinals at Pingguo and St. Remy. It looks like he found somethig good for this end of the season on "home ground" where so far he showed great tennis, beating Kubot and Hajek in straight sets. On the other side, Berrer, altough better ranked at the moment, 106 ATP, he only reached in getting in the 3rd round at Rolland Garros. He has a 15-7 season record in indoors/hard tournaments, but altough the +12 wins didn`t get him but a final in Moscow, lost to Davydenko in straight sets. Here at Bratislava where he won the title in 2009, beat Andreev (#117 ATP) and Pavic (#474 ATP) in three sets. So like I said these two have met three times before, once on clay, once on hard and once indoors/hard with Berrer winning every time, but I will base this one on the current form here in Bratislava where he has the 100 % support of the croud. My pick will be for the streak to end and Lukas Lacko to win this.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November *Bellucci has been poor all tournamen been watching his last 3 games its like he doesn't want tobe there evev though its in home country and has the support he should have lost yesterday to but some how managed to win and IM LOVING IT when ever you lose a bet your always mentioning MATCH FIXING thats not cool take defeat on the chin and be a man, tommorow is another day

Sela must be a fixer' date=' how do you lose to Machado actually not lose, get crushed by Machado and then lose to a similar type player, in that their speciality is clay, but only better?[/quote'] Here's an advice. Don't get involved with Challengers. The whole Tour is a huge mess in terms of players betting on their matches and "wrong" results are a normal thing.

Re: Tennis - 14-20 November Technically ATP Finals start on Sunday (20.11), so post my pick to win the tournament in this thread. Backing Roger Federer to win it again. 2.93 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Obvious choice here. Federer has won it five times and is going for a record 6th title. A rare thing to see him the favorite in the event having both Djokovic and Nadal but it is what it is and I definitely think it's a right call by bookies. Djokovic is not 100%. Shoulder is bothering him after all. It wasn't only for the first point in Paris. He did not win it last year being in better shape and generally speaking Djokovic has had too much tennis this year. Nadal has Davis Cup final to worry about. He has never performed well in the Tour finals. He did reach the final last year but was beaten by Roger. The surface suits Federer really good in London and having won 12 matches in a row he can feel confident about beating Rafa again. They are in the same group anyway. So better get rid off him at the earliest stage possible. Andy Murray's there as well but I'm still not sure he can handle the pressure playing at home. He's never got past semifinals at Wimbledon and can not see him winning this one either. Unless there's somebody like Tsonga in the final. All in all, have to go for Federer here, he's won it before, so has the experience, besides most of his challengers are not in the best shape.

Sport Tennis
Event Lukas Lacko - Ricardas Berankis
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 20/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83
Reasoning This year`s final of the Bratislava challenger will be played between Lukas Lacko, the local and Ricardas Berankis from Lithuania, players meeting just for the first time. Berankis is now ranked 108th in the world, looking as a hardcourt player so far, of course with some success indoors (hard), this being the 4th semifinal on this surfaces of the year. In the previous rounds here at Bratislava he beat just Ungur in the first round in straight sets, followed by Robert, Stakhvsky and Rosol in three. On the other side is Lacko, 133rd in the world, very talented player and big cround favorite here in Bratislava. He has played here before and in 2009 he got as close as the semifinals, losing to Berrer in three sets. He showed good confidence here, beating Kubot and Hajek in straight sets in the first two rounds, followed by Berrer and Dancevic in three sets. This in my oppinion is his chance of saving his modest season with his 2nd challenger title of the season, here in Bratislava where he will have the croud support. I am confident that he will do good and please them by winning today.

It wasn't a 'wrong' result' date=' more like Sela being the better player on the day and winning a tough match with Bellucci.[/quote'] Not talking about this particular match but in general. And Bellucci is a braindead loser no matter what level he plays.