** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15

BlueSQ Bet North Monday 14 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Hyde FC (19:45 GMT) 10/3 11/4 5/6 104.24 %
Tuesday 15 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Blyth Spartans v Vauxhall Motors (19:45 GMT) 13/10 5/2 7/4 108.41 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Gloucester City (19:45 GMT) 8/13 3 4 106.78 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Bishop's Stortford (19:45 GMT) 1/1 13/5 5/2 106.35 %
Wednesday 16 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Corby Town v Droylsden (19:45 GMT) 10/11 13/5 14/5 106.34 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Solihull Moors (19:45 GMT) 4/5 14/5 10/3 105.07 %
BlueSQ Bet South Tuesday 15 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Hampton & Richmond (19:45 GMT) 21/20 13/5 5/2 105.61 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Tonbridge Angels (19:45 GMT) 4/7 14/5 9/2 108.51 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Salisbury City (19:45 GMT) 4/6 3 7/2 107.10 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Staines Town (19:45 GMT) 5/6 13/5 11/4 108.92 %
Evo-Stik Southern Prem Tuesday 15 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Banbury United v Arlesey Town (19:45 GMT) 10/11 13/5 13/5 107.91 %
maximize.gif Bedford Town v Hemel Hempstead Town (19:45 GMT) 17/20 13/5 5/2 110.40 %
maximize.gif Cambridge City v Brackley Town (19:45 GMT) 13/10 13/5 8/5 109.72 %
maximize.gif Evesham United v Leamington (19:45 GMT) 3 11/4 8/11 109.47 %
maximize.gif Redditch United v Barwell (19:45 GMT) 8/5 13/5 11/8 108.26 %
maximize.gif Weymouth v Swindon Supermarine (19:45 GMT) 17/20 13/5 13/5 109.61 %
Wednesday 16 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Frome Town v AFC Totton (19:45 GMT) 9/5 13/5 6/5 108.95 %
Ryman Prem Tuesday 15 November 2011 Lowestoft Town v Hendon Best prices 1 - 8/11 (Coral) X - 14/5 (Bet365) 2 - 10/3 (Bet365)

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Hemel Hempstead Town away at Bedford Town (5/2 Ladbrokes/VCBet) It's good to be back in circulation and to be back to some punting - especially as there is a tasty if risky price available this week. It's asking a bit to land Hemel, who have only won once all season, but they have improved a fair bit under Tommy Widdrington, with some excellent cup performances and more coherent league showings. The vibe is that the squad is quietly confident about survival. It's a good time to be meeting a Bedford side that has often looked shaky at home this season with just one win, and go into this game shorn of Drew Roberts and Gavin Hoyte, after their post-match reds against Chesham. I reckon Hemel are due an uptick in form, and though they still have some structural problems with the squad to address, they look a sporting play at an under-strength Bedford.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Hinckley v Hyde Just the one bet for me this week but what a cracking bet it looks. As I wrote on Saturday Hyde and Stalybridge look different class to the rest of the Blue Square North and after Saturday's results the two of them have pulled even further clear. It was a solid performance from Hyde as they beat a Boston side, who played well, 2-0. Whilst that was going on Hinckley were producing yet another storming performance in the FA Cup against Tamworth. The thing is not only is their league form nowhere near as good, they of course had to play for most of the second half with 10-men. In the league they have lost four out of their last five and they put in a very tame performance against Workington in their last league game. Saturday's performance must have taken a huge amount out of the players and I'm sure conceding an equaliser so late on hasn't helped matters either. Just over 48 hours later they have to host the team currently top of their league. Even in normal circumstances I would have fancied Hyde at 5/6 (Betfred) so with everything added together I make Hyde a very strong bet at those odds. It is worth noting as well that that they are as short as 8/13 with Coral.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15

Great write up as always. Think you might of misread the h'cap odds though' date=' Hinckley 5/6 +1 with BS, Hyde 2/1.[/quote'] Yep you are right I thought it was odd that it was that price I must admit and I should have looked more carefully. To be honest I wouldnt put anyone off that either as I can see Hinckley getting rather leg weary as the game goes on.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Just noticed that Bet365 have priced up the Burnham/Bedfont match in Southern Central 1 - I'd be very happy to see Step 4 betting making a comeback after Bwin cruelly stopped the fun last season. Bet365 have also priced up the Corby/Dagenham youth cup game, the Aldershot ressies/Farnborough Hants cup game, and the Isthmian cup game between Enfield Town and AFC Sudbury - all tonight, all pretty random.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Id imagine they are BIP on those games? If not it might be because there is little football so they just stick anything that is going on. Not sure they would be taking much money on the Corby v Dagenham youth game though or the rest for that matter. News from Hinckley is that the Hyde team coach hasnt reached the ground yet.

Hinckley v Hyde Just the one bet for me this week but what a cracking bet it looks. As I wrote on Saturday Hyde and Stalybridge look different class to the rest of the Blue Square North and after Saturday's results the two of them have pulled even further clear. It was a solid performance from Hyde as they beat a Boston side, who played well, 2-0. Whilst that was going on Hinckley were producing yet another storming performance in the FA Cup against Tamworth. The thing is not only is their league form nowhere near as good, they of course had to play for most of the second half with 10-men. In the league they have lost four out of their last five and they put in a very tame performance against Workington in their last league game. Saturday's performance must have taken a huge amount out of the players and I'm sure conceding an equaliser so late on hasn't helped matters either. Just over 48 hours later they have to host the team currently top of their league. Even in normal circumstances I would have fancied Hyde at 5/6 (Betfred) so with everything added together I make Hyde a very strong bet at those odds. It is worth noting as well that that they are as short as 8/13 with Coral.
Great read mate. Have followed at taken the 1.44 with a double with England U21 not to lose in Belgium combined at 1.70. Everything makes sense and :hope hopefully Hyde will be able to get the win against a tired Hinckley. Thanks again :hope COYW FTID

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 I was wondering the same thing? Odds on Hinckley have in from 5.25 to 4.75 in the 2nd half which is a bit weird. Thought Hyde would shorten up if they have no real keeper in. U21's are winning so just need Hyde. Hopefully those tired legs kick in.

Dont forget that the odds probably wont reflect that they dont have a keeper in goal. Game seems fairly even although Hyde have had a disallowed goal.
Ok, cheers for the update. Surely the bookies would shorten the odds if there isn't a keeper in?

Ok' date=' cheers for the update. Surely the bookies would shorten the odds if there isn't a keeper in?[/quote'] Dont forget they arent watching the game. It will be one person at the game reporting the facts and they probably wouldnt even know the guy in goal isnt even a keeper.

Dont forget they arent watching the game. It will be one person at the game reporting the facts and they probably wouldnt even know the guy in goal isnt even a keeper.
Never new bookies worked with risk like that. At the time he went in goal would have been huge value to whatever the odds were at the time. Sounds like a draw written all over it. You got someone at the game?

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Its all over and the bookies are the only winners. Disappointing but it sounds like a fair result so only complaint is Hyde not scoring. Off the top of my head that might well be the first time they have failed to score in the league this season.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Bugger. The post made sense just Hyde couldn't deliver. I just noticed England U21 lost to. Not sure if you follow NFL but green bay -13 looks good tonight yet @ 1.90. Everyone is raving on about them. Havnt bet just yet but looks good:ok

Bugger. The post made sense just Hyde couldn't deliver. I just noticed England U21 lost to. Not sure if you follow NFL but green bay -13 looks good tonight yet @ 1.90. Everyone is raving on about them. Havnt bet just yet but looks good:ok
I know Ive done the right thing in having the bet but it doesnt always mean you will get paid off. I knew when the 18yo went in goal that they probably wouldnt win because everything was just looking too good. I noticed that around £50000 was matched on betfair in running on the game. Hopefully at the end of the season those dropped points will help Stalybridge win the league and I will get the money back then.

Its all over and the bookies are the only winners. Disappointing but it sounds like a fair result so only complaint is Hyde not scoring. Off the top of my head that might well be the first time they have failed to score in the league this season.
Nothing you can do unless you put on a pair of boots, drive to Hinckley and score the winner....that's the way it goes sometimes....

Nothing you can do unless you put on a pair of boots' date=' drive to Hinckley and score the winner....that's the way it goes sometimes....[/quote'] I should have done that lol. I would have felt more annoyed if Hyde had battered them and not have won but the way the game has gone the result is a fair one. Right bet wrong result. In context of the whole season it hasnt done much damage to my profits so Il take the rest of the week off and look to bounce back on Saturday.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 A bit more on why I'm backing Hemel tonight... They may have been propping up the form table for most of the season, but I think Hemel's form might be on the turn. Colin Payne resigned a month ago and there have been some significant departures from the squad, with Scott Fitzgerald heading back to Wealdstone and Michael Alexis and Marvin Williams heading for Salisbury. With Liam Malone and Craig Rydehead also gone, the guts of the side put together by Payne has cleaned out, though for me only the loss of Marvin Williams is key. But new boss Tommy Widdrington has been active in bringing fresh blood in, and the response in terms of performance gives me some grounds for optimism. After a poor show at home to Croydon in the Trophy in his first game in charge, things have got better. They won the replay away and lost in the next round at home to Brackley, losing out 3-2 after a late own goal in a game in which they had more than enough chances to win. They have also been better in the league, with a good draw at Frome and a loss at the weekend at home to Weymouth in a game where they were down to 10 men from early on but remained the better side throughout. Defensively they are still making blunders, and with Matt McEntegart missing tonight they'll be a touch weaker still, but with Matt Wright coming in from Salisbury they should have more potency up front. It remains a transitional situation at Hemel, but it's a good time to be meeting Bedford Town. They've conceded more on their own patch than any other team in the section, which gives some grounds for optimism for Hemel, the section's lowest scorers away. All of Bedford's wins have featured goals from Drew Roberts, a striker in fine fettle. He's missing tonight, along with his usual oppo up front, James Faulkner - it's a poor time to be losing a key partnership. They are also light in midfield, with Callum Lewis and Manny Richardson missing. Skipper Gavin Hoyte is also suspended at the back. A makeshift side (put together with one eye on tonight) breezed past Stotfold (from two sections lower and with an equally makeshift side) in a county cup game, so they have some grounds for optimism, but given the prices I think Hemel are a sporting play. Bedford are favourites but much smaller favourites than the prices suggest.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 There's not much else that appeals tonight, although I'd have to fancy Leamington at Evesham United. Evesham have lost their competitive edge of late, and were soundly done over St Albans last time out. They'll be stronger tonight, with a couple of suspendees returning, and they have sigend Ben Mackey up front, who will help their search for more goals (only Redditch have scored fewer overall this season), but Paul West has hands full resurrecting the season. Leamington will be on a high after seeing off Cambridge City, and even though it would typical of Paul Holleran's side to follow a great result with a poor one they look a decent play, although 8/11 is the skinniest of prices.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Nov 14-15 Hi ships. I followed your Hemel Hempstead tip and put it in a £5 treble with Scotland under 21's and Belgium under 21's so I'm due to win £1000 if if comes through! I'm just wondering how confident you are with this bet? And what you recommend to cover it? I've contacted Bet365 asking if the game is to be avaiable in play but they haven't given me a definitive answer. Do you reckon it will be? Help from others would be greatly appreciated too.

Hi ships. I followed your Hemel Hempstead tip and put it in a £5 treble with Scotland under 21's and Belgium under 21's so I'm due to win £1000 if if comes through! I'm just wondering how confident you are with this bet? And what you recommend to cover it? I've contacted Bet365 asking if the game is to be avaiable in play but they haven't given me a definitive answer. Do you reckon it will be? Help from others would be greatly appreciated too.
Well, given Hemel's record, it's certainly no shoe-in and as I said above I make Bedford slight favourites, but I always work on my own percentages and there's a healthy gap between how I rate Hemel's chances and how the bookies rate them. As far as hedging goes, I'm not the person to ask, as it's something that rarely applies to my fixed-odds plays (I like to get multiples sorted on the same day), but I'm sure that there are tools out there that can work out a strategy that fits your own attitude to risk. Paddy Power go 3/10 about the Bedford-draw double chance, which is an expensive route to lock in profit. Not sure if it will be in-play, though there is a reasonable chance as there is not a lot of football tonight. Good luck tonight - that's a punchy treble to take on and I really hope it comes off for you.