+EV HU Super-Turbos by Nade

Nade

Back on the wagon. To keep it brief: I got Supernova in mid August, have played over half a million hands on Stars alone this year virtually break-even but up a few k with bonuses. Also up a couple of k on PKR and RHP. I've been playing full-ring for the last few months on Stars to grind VPPs and often i was playing 16-24 tables almost exactly break-even so it was fine could just grind out the bonuses but it got incredibly dull. Seeing the same names every day doing the same things, i tried to implement new strategies every day to keep myself interested but eventually i just got burnt out and got to the point where everything associated with poker strategy seemed like the most boring thing on earth. I still can't stand the thought of poker strategy, actually. So i look to HU as it feels like an exciting form of poker. Have had success going back years at HUSNGs so lets try super-turbos. They're extremely math orientated so i am at a disadvantage to those who know the math very well, but i'm at an advantage against those who don't play poker well. Also my math has improved massively over the last yr and after learning math has a big role in how the world works it is a more interesting subject to me so i don't mind learning the poker math to be honest. Last month i played nearly a thousand $15 and $30 HU super-turbos running nearly a thousand dollars below EV. I feel EV is really significant in HU as there's just one other opponent so that eliminates so many other variables which influence how you run. I didn't look at any strategies i just dove into the games with the goal of being +EV and i succeeded. Basically what happened is i started at the $15's - i ran 30BI below EV, so naturally i had had enough. So i moved up to the $30's and i crushed the first 300 but running above EV, however the next 350 i've run 35BI below EV. Variance is fun. So i exercise some BR management and go back to the $15's though i was +EV at the $30's i just feel i can learn a lot more about these games at a lower limit and be able to sustain the swings. My EV ROI at $15's is 5% after 310 games this is probably not sustainable but i just plan to put in volume this month and learn a lot about strategies. I just take each game as it comes, focus on being +EV in each game and hope for the best. This is my graph of the $15's, it looks nice but it won't last. My aim for the month is to be +EV, preferably with a good hourly and i think documenting it here will hopefully bring me some much needed luck so give me some good karma and all that bollocks ;) 2i0pzqf.jpg

Re: +EV HU Super-Turbos by Nade Good to see you back, look forward to seeing how you do. But....... I thought EV was just a measurement of how lucky/unlucky you were over a period of time, so the challenge is to "get lucky". Sounds more like my daily kind of challenge.:eek

Re: +EV HU Super-Turbos by Nade

Good to see you back, look forward to seeing how you do. But....... I thought EV was just a measurement of how lucky/unlucky you were over a period of time, so the challenge is to "get lucky". Sounds more like my daily kind of challenge.:eek
EV's the measure of your decision making over a period of time. Whether your profit is over/under that is the measure of how lucky, or not, that you've been. Good luck, you should be fine (just make sure you avoid GaF ;) )

Re: +EV HU Super-Turbos by Nade Cheers guys. First week is +EV and running very good. Started off the month playing so awful, it was only a couple of minor things i had to change like simply just being a bit more patient and the results picked back up, want more volume next week too. 59u80w.jpg

Re: +EV HU Super-Turbos by Nade Think i'll have to move on from these, the hourly is just not worthwhile, playing at 1% EV ROI is just $3/ph. The last 12days i've been at 2.5% but the intention was always had to be to play $30+ but i don't have the bankroll to test over the long term whether i can make a decent hourly there having already had a 50BI swing at the 30's last month. Pretty much i'll be biding my time over the next few weeks waiting for the holiday season to kick in on PKR and hopefully will make a few thousand like last year. May grind some cash on Stars again before then but i don't know. The thought of grinding myself into the ground for Stars bonuses again, sounds strangely appealing. Money is money, after all. This is all my play at HU hyper-turbos $15s and $30s 3096eef.jpg