** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England: Championship Oct 29-30

aliando

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30

Crystal Palace V Reading Reading have become a bit of a bogey side for Palace in recent years and it's never a fixture I look forward to (home or away) on the Championship schedule. As everyone knows Palace are absolutely flying at the momment but this is exactly the sort of game that can catch us out. A victory for Palace here will be their 4th consecutive win in the league and I think that could be a stretch despite our formidable form and team. The Royals are really starting to improve after a poor start and find themselves un-beaten in seven. Kebe seems to have suffered no ill affects after returning to action from injury while ex-Palace midfielder McAnuff also came through the Southampton game un-scathed after a lay off through injury. Effectively McDermott has a fully fit squad to choose from. As MPLouis has said, Reading have a strong away record under McDermott and this season it reads: W3 D1 L2 F7 A5. Admittedly a trip to Selhurst is one of the most difficult matches you can play in this division but my instinct tells me Reading could well come away with somekind of result from the game tommorow. Darren Ambrose could be out for Palace after limping off shortly after his goal against Southampton midweek. Apart from that Palace have no significant injury problems and I would expect several first teamers to return after being rested midweek. Palace have not conceeded a goal in all competitions for 4 matches but I think that could change tommorow as I think Reading should have at least a goal in them with some of the players they have. Palace always look like scoring with the amount of pace and firepower we have and so I think both to score @ 4/5 is a logical choice for tommorows game. Palace are 9/5 with Betfair which on the surface does look a little crazy but I actually think the bookies are being quite savvy with the prices here and are looking to catch punters out. I wouldn't want to back Reading here either and so if you make any play in the 1X2's then X would be my choice. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Scannell If I had to bet on this game: Both to score @ 4/5 (Bet365) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 12/5 (Betfair) Kebe anytime goalscorer @ 7/2 (Coral)
FT: Crystal Palace 0-0 Reading, lots of chances created from 2 attacking sides but strangely no goals here with BTS down the toilet. The draw is no surprise to me as this is the championship and it's tough for teams to put long consecutive winning runs together. Kebe only came on for the last 20 minutes and so not much time for him to get on the scoresheet. Hopefully I did enough with my preview to put people off betting on Palace in this game.

Under-priced and over-priced are not terms I fully understand related to betting. But I meant Derby are worth more than their odds suggest for tomorrow's game - so I think we agree. Derby's odds are too low, in my opinion. The Derby fan above is pessimistic about their chances and thinks the odds are about right. But Pompey's away record is terrible - 2 points from 6 games, and they've failed to score in 4 of them. Derby have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 One reason for the even-ness of the odds is probably Portsmouth's recent improvement - they've won 2 of their last 3 games. But these have been at home - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/default.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15369823.stm Looking at it more closely, I think recent form is probably the explanation for the odds - Derby haven't won for 5 games (home and away). We'll see tomorrow whether the near-equal odds were right or not.
Re. Derby v Portsmouth The result was Derby 3 Portsmouth 1. From the reports it sounds like a deserved win - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/15413495.stm It looks a though the near-even odds were clear value for Derby.

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Leeds - Cardiff
Selection over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 30/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.70
Reasoning Cardiff defensive line is very inconstant, they score a lot but they get a lot too, just last two matches are a good example, 4-3 lose away and 5-3 won at home, a team that is playing after the system, "score one more that the adverser", Leeds is doing well at home but I don't trust ML, Cardiff can win here, so I prefer the over! Good luck!

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 5pts - Leeds v Cardiff over 40 booking points @ 1.83 Blue Square These 2 sides have been fairly good this season in not picking up many booking points. In fact Leeds have only gone over once in their last 5 home matches and Cardiff once in their last 5 away. However I see these as two evenly matched sides and in front of the TV cameras I fancy a keenly contested match in which I think this line can be covered. The main reason for this bet though is today's referee is Phil Dowd. IMO He just can't help but make himself the centre of attention. He is what I would call a very card happy referee, and with today's game on TV I think he will want to show everyone who is boss. Phil Dowd has gone over this line 3 out of his last 5 matches. In the 2 games that didn't go over one of them had 40 points and the other only 20 - but this was a non contest between Citeh and Blackburn. Blackburn didn't really get close enough to kick them and Citeh had all the ball. In what I expect to be a hard fought match and with Phil Dowd as the referee, I'm happy to be on the over's here. :ok

5pts - Leeds v Cardiff over 40 booking points @ 1.83 Blue Square These 2 sides have been fairly good this season in not picking up many booking points. In fact Leeds have only gone over once in their last 5 home matches and Cardiff once in their last 5 away. However I see these as two evenly matched sides and in front of the TV cameras I fancy a keenly contested match in which I think this line can be covered. The main reason for this bet though is today's referee is Phil Dowd. IMO He just can't help but make himself the centre of attention. He is what I would call a very card happy referee, and with today's game on TV I think he will want to show everyone who is boss. Phil Dowd has gone over this line 3 out of his last 5 matches. In the 2 games that didn't go over one of them had 40 points and the other only 20 - but this was a non contest between Citeh and Blackburn. Blackburn didn't really get close enough to kick them and Citeh had all the ball. In what I expect to be a hard fought match and with Phil Dowd as the referee, I'm happy to be on the over's here. :ok
Only 3 bookings in the end, and not really a tackle of any note in the match. :@