** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Championship Oct 29-30

aliando

Saturday 29 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Barnsley v Bristol City (15:00 BST) 2.16 3.5 3.75 101.53 %
maximize.gif Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.41 3.55 101.94 %
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Reading (15:00 BST) 2.76 3.5 2.8 100.52 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Portsmouth (15:00 BST) 2.46 3.4 3.3 100.37 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Coventry City (15:00 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.2 102.33 %
maximize.gif Millwall v Ipswich Town (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.6 101.63 %
maximize.gif Nottingham Forest v Hull City (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.35 3.3 102.26 %
maximize.gif Southampton v Middlesbrough (15:00 BST) 1.92 3.65 4.5 101.70 %
maximize.gif Watford v Peterborough United (15:00 BST) 2.78 3.6 2.66 101.34 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Leicester City (15:00 BST) 1.96 3.6 4.4 101.53 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Blackpool (17:20 BST) 2.38 3.5 3.2 101.84 %
Sunday 30 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Leeds United v Cardiff City (13:15 BST) 2.36 3.6 3.3 100.45 %

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 I think the odds on us are really quite poor. Considering Derby have lost once at home all season and our away perforemances have been stuttering of late. Since scoring three up at Upton Park, and two on the opening day against Boro we've had horror showings at Leeds and Hull. Up at Ipswich we were the better side, played some nice football and created chances. But, as per the norm, if you don't take your chances away from home you invariably lose. I'd personally want four and over before taking us away from home. Best we can hope for is a draw IMO.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 2.75 on Palace looks excellent value. Some bookies have Reading at the same price as Palace for this match which I can't understand given Palace's excellent form at the moment and their very strong home record. I know Palace played in midweek while Reading didn't but I don't think that overly matters. I can't see Reading winning here, so i'm happy to take the in form Palace at these odds. I also like the price on Birmingham at 2.25 (Stan James). Birmingham are in excellent form and seem to be doing a good job of combining playing midweek with the weekend fixtures. If they win their two games in hand they would be second in the table so they are clearly a strong Championship outfit, despite having a small squad. Brighton are not in good form at the moment, and are slipping backwards in the league after a good start. Based on current form, i'd have Birmingham at something like 1.9, so i'm more than happy to take the 2.25 on offer.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 I agree with thfc...odds on Palace are too high if we take their current results into account. Probably bookies still see them as a lower midtable team and Reading still is overrated due to last seasons performances. Moreover recent H2h shows two draws and one loss for Palace at home...last season it was 3-3 at Palace when Reading was better. And in general I see Palace as a strong home team (that´s why they could avoid relegation last season). Momentum speaks for Palace. But Reading has played 4 draws from last six games and took more points away from home. So I take the safer option AH0, which is still nice. Crystal Palace AH0 1.98 Pinnacle 5/10

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Ipswich fan here, let me provide my views on our game first. I believe we're a crazy price at Millwall to win. 12-5 !? Have they not noted our recent upturn in form !? Ok, Millwall won 3-0 away at Leicester last time out, but have hardly set the world alight. Of late, we drew 2-2 away at Cardiff, when we were the better side, won 1-0 at West Ham which could have been by 2 or 3 and were also unfortunate not to win at Boro. Our game suits us away from home so much more than at home, ping the ball around, frustrate the home side etc. We'll do well away, however I'm unsure about us at home..... The bookies are probably thinking of Chopra with the issues - well he's had these for years, and its hardly effected him. Him + Scotland will be back in attack. 4/6 us on the double chance isn't to be missed. Likewise, Palace at home look HUGE. They were 9/5, but have come in. Why I cannot fathom ? My fourfold = Man Utd / Hudds / Palace NTL / Ipswich NTL £4 pays £27 I will be at the Den so I can say how we played if people want more inside on us.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30

I think the odds on us are really quite poor. Considering Derby have lost once at home all season and our away perforemances have been stuttering of late. Since scoring three up at Upton Park, and two on the opening day against Boro we've had horror showings at Leeds and Hull. Up at Ipswich we were the better side, played some nice football and created chances. But, as per the norm, if you don't take your chances away from home you invariably lose. I'd personally want four and over before taking us away from home. Best we can hope for is a draw IMO.
I totally share your opinion.In my eyes,Derby is overpriced,so value in the home win.But I have to check whether Derby has still that many injured players.If not so,I will take Derby.I don't know whether I will take the straight home win or Draw no bet.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Palace v reading , this is a draw written all over it, but i love the form Palace are in and wouldnt be betting against them no! Palace to win 5/10 Watford v Peterbrough. sweet mary!!, im taking Peterbrough with no fear here a screaming 10/10 Birmingham v brighton, Birm are in awsome form and for that i can not see Brighton being bright enough for the blues no chance 10/10

Palace v reading ' date= this is a draw written all over it, but i love the form Palace are in and wouldnt be betting against them no! Palace to win 5/10 Watford v Peterbrough. sweet mary!!, im taking Peterbrough with no fear here a screaming 10/10 Birmingham v brighton, Birm are in awsome form and for that i can not see Brighton being bright enough for the blues no chance 10/10
:welcome to PL :) Please remember to quote bookmaker used :ok

2.75 on Palace looks excellent value. Some bookies have Reading at the same price as Palace for this match which I can't understand given Palace's excellent form at the moment and their very strong home record.
Reading's good away record is probably a factor

You mean under-priced don't you?
How the hell are Derby underpriced at 2.46 when they are sitting in the play-off zone and have won 3 and drawn 2 of their 6 home matches, whereas Portsmouth are in 16th in the table and have not won a single match away from home in the league ... Derby are definately overpriced!

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Birmingham are in great form at the moment and their home form is very impressive. Brighton are on the downgrade and i can see Birmingham winning this affair! Birmingham and Derby double looks very enticing to me!

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Crystal Palace V Reading Reading have become a bit of a bogey side for Palace in recent years and it's never a fixture I look forward to (home or away) on the Championship schedule. As everyone knows Palace are absolutely flying at the momment but this is exactly the sort of game that can catch us out. A victory for Palace here will be their 4th consecutive win in the league and I think that could be a stretch despite our formidable form and team. The Royals are really starting to improve after a poor start and find themselves un-beaten in seven. Kebe seems to have suffered no ill affects after returning to action from injury while ex-Palace midfielder McAnuff also came through the Southampton game un-scathed after a lay off through injury. Effectively McDermott has a fully fit squad to choose from. As MPLouis has said, Reading have a strong away record under McDermott and this season it reads: W3 D1 L2 F7 A5. Admittedly a trip to Selhurst is one of the most difficult matches you can play in this division but my instinct tells me Reading could well come away with somekind of result from the game tommorow. Darren Ambrose could be out for Palace after limping off shortly after his goal against Southampton midweek. Apart from that Palace have no significant injury problems and I would expect several first teamers to return after being rested midweek. Palace have not conceeded a goal in all competitions for 4 matches but I think that could change tommorow as I think Reading should have at least a goal in them with some of the players they have. Palace always look like scoring with the amount of pace and firepower we have and so I think both to score @ 4/5 is a logical choice for tommorows game. Palace are 9/5 with Betfair which on the surface does look a little crazy but I actually think the bookies are being quite savvy with the prices here and are looking to catch punters out. I wouldn't want to back Reading here either and so if you make any play in the 1X2's then X would be my choice. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Scannell If I had to bet on this game: Both to score @ 4/5 (Bet365) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 12/5 (Betfair) Kebe anytime goalscorer @ 7/2 (Coral)

No.The odds are to high in my eyes when you take a look at the tables.They are in the relegation zone while Portsmouth isn't and furthermore they are playing at home.
They are in the play-off zone, not the relegation!! :spank

How the hell are Derby underpriced at 2.46 when they are sitting in the play-off zone and have won 3 and drawn 2 of their 6 home matches, whereas Portsmouth are in 16th in the table and have not won a single match away from home in the league ... Derby are definately overpriced!
I'd say we are priced about right. I think im right in saying that Pompey performances have improved under their current management team and we're punching above our weight currently. Our three home wins came against out of form sides and we were arguably lucky to get a point against Southampton in our last home game. Our two current first choice centre backs have barely trained all week and we're very light up front. It's a game that could go either way, i expect both sides to have chances and it will purely be down to which side takes them.

I'd say we are priced about right. I think im right in saying that Pompey performances have improved under their current management team and we're punching above our weight currently. Our three home wins came against out of form sides and we were arguably lucky to get a point against Southampton in our last home game. Our two current first choice centre backs have barely trained all week and we're very light up front. It's a game that could go either way, i expect both sides to have chances and it will purely be down to which side takes them.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't understand the odds, but if what you say is true, it would explain them. Even so, they still seem wrong given the respective league positions and Portsmouth's terrible away record.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Palace for me too. I've become a bit of a fan of first season young managers of late and Dougie Freeman (also a Scotsman and they seem to do exceptionally well by and large) has Palace absolutely flying just now. One or two players who by all accounts are ppremier league class and new owners in who have given the place a real lift. Reading were always going to struggle after losing Shane Long in the summer and with the home advantage factored in, Palace are too big to turn down. I was expecting far closer to evens in truth.

Under-priced and over-priced are not terms I fully understand related to betting. But I meant Derby are worth more than their odds suggest for tomorrow's game - so I think we agree. Derby's odds are too low, in my opinion. The Derby fan above is pessimistic about their chances and thinks the odds are about right. But Pompey's away record is terrible - 2 points from 6 games, and they've failed to score in 4 of them. Derby have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 One reason for the even-ness of the odds is probably Portsmouth's recent improvement - they've won 2 of their last 3 games. But these have been at home - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/default.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15369823.stm Looking at it more closely, I think recent form is probably the explanation for the odds - Derby haven't won for 5 games (home and away). We'll see tomorrow whether the near-equal odds were right or not.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Strange that no one has mentioned West Ham - at 1.95 - almost a chance to double your money. They are in good form, 2nd in the Championship and generally doing well - Allardaryce recently 'criticized' his team hinting that they need to score more goals and I see them to put on a good performance against a managerless Leicester team.

we're punching above our weight currently. Our three home wins came against out of form sides and we were arguably lucky to get a point against Southampton in our last home game...
Spot on. Definitely in a false position and I'd be surprised if they are in the top six when the music stops in May. Southampton were the better team the other week, in their two games on Sky they were nothing short of awful and whilst you could see it as a positive thing that they went ahead twice the other week against Reading, they couldn't hold that lead for ten minutes. I'm on Portsmouth draw no bet

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 Our odds are dropping across the board. Possible because we've announced the loan signing today of midfielder Abdul Razak from City. Bjorn Helge Riise should be on his way back to Fulham though after an unsuccessful loan spell.... Razak is pretty highly rated, and starred during their midweek win over Wolves. Remains to be seen if starts, or makes an immediate impact. But, for me there is a slight over reaction in the market.

Event Birmingham- Brighton
Selection Birmingham
Strength 10/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10
Reasoning Birmingham is in the best moment of the season. Counting cup and league games, they won the last seven games. In the Championship they won the last four and they have here a real good chance to get the fifth consecutive win. Beside the winning streak, they didn't conceded any goal in the last five hours of game play. Brighton is in the opposite side. After a brilliant start of season, they started falling on the table and are in free fall, with seven consecutive winless games. They are now 13th placed and they are not showing value to turn this negative moment off. Playing at Birmingham, would be a surprised if they avoid another defeat.

Event Barnsley - Bristol City
Selection Bristol City DNB
Strength 7/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25
Reasoning Bristol City are in dire form, no wins in 11, but have recently appointed our exciting new manager, Derek McInnes. We lost our first game under him to Birmingham, but this was only after him having the job for just a few days. This is his first real game, as he has had a full week to prepare the players, so this is essentially his first proper game for us. All bad spells of form have to end, and ours should have ended sooner. We have played much better in recent games, but as is the way when you're near the bottom, luck always seems to go against you. Barnsley are not in the greatest of form, and I fancy this is the game for us to finally get a result. The win is 3.4 at Bet365, but given our current position, I'd rather have a bit of safety in it, so have gone for the DNB.

Re: England: Championship Oct 29-30 I think its time people got off Derby's back and give them credit for a change.. They are at the upper end of the table on merit and another fine performance today... They might not be the prettiest, but they get the results they need!

Strange that no one has mentioned West Ham - at 1.95 - almost a chance to double your money. They are in good form' date=' 2nd in the Championship and generally doing well - Allardaryce recently 'criticized' his team hinting that they need to score more goals and I see them to put on a good performance against a managerless Leicester team.[/quote'] :D 3-2 win - nervous but still a win

Event Barnsley - Bristol City
Selection Bristol City DNB
Strength 7/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25
Reasoning Bristol City are in dire form, no wins in 11, but have recently appointed our exciting new manager, Derek McInnes. We lost our first game under him to Birmingham, but this was only after him having the job for just a few days. This is his first real game, as he has had a full week to prepare the players, so this is essentially his first proper game for us. All bad spells of form have to end, and ours should have ended sooner. We have played much better in recent games, but as is the way when you're near the bottom, luck always seems to go against you. Barnsley are not in the greatest of form, and I fancy this is the game for us to finally get a result. The win is 3.4 at Bet365, but given our current position, I'd rather have a bit of safety in it, so have gone for the DNB.
Thank you. :ok