** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Djordje

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Aston Villa - West Bromwich Albion Villa News: James Collins (groin) is a slight doubt, while the game has come too soon for Jermaine Jenas (Achilles) WBA News: Graham Dorrans is a major doubt for the trip to Villa after suffering a training ground knee injury and also Gabriel Tamas is a doubt after suffering a muscle strain at the very top of the thigh Some facts

• Villa have lost only one of their last 11 Premier League home derby matches - 1-0 to Wolves on 19 March.
  • They have not suffered back-to-back league defeats for 16 games.

Reminder: The fact that it was Villa's first Premier League defeat of the season last weekend at Man City shows what a good start McLeish has made My bet of the day Aston Villa to win. Good Luck:ok

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea
anyone esle surprised at the handicap -1 for chelsea priced at evens? Chelsea have scored 16 goals in last 4 prem games.. and 5 in the last game in the champions league. QPR's form is really mixed, home form includes 3 draws and a 0-4 hammering form bolton.. away form includes 6-0 drubbing by Fulham, and 2-0 loss to wigan.. i feel chelsea are hitting form and will be too superior for QPR? chelsea -1 evens paddypower

Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea
anyone esle surprised at the handicap -1 for chelsea priced at evens? Chelsea have scored 16 goals in last 4 prem games.. and 5 in the last game in the champions league. QPR's form is really mixed, home form includes 3 draws and a 0-4 hammering form bolton.. away form includes 6-0 drubbing by Fulham, and 2-0 loss to wigan.. i feel chelsea are hitting form and will be too superior for QPR? chelsea -1 evens paddypower
Very surprised seeing as the best price for Chelsea -1 is 1.58! :p You can get Chelsea -1.5 at better than evens if you shop around, could still be a nice bet...

Very surprised seeing as the best price for Chelsea -1 is 1.58! :p You can get Chelsea -1.5 at better than evens if you shop around' date=' could still be a nice bet...[/quote'] Asian Handicap -1 is @ 1.50-1.60 while regular handicap is @ 2.00

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Tottenham @ 1.85 - Whilst Spurs have had well-documented injury woes at the back, I cannot help but feel that Blackburn is going to struggle this year, and this will be another home loss. The fluky win over Arsenal helped relieve pressure a little bit, but they have not impressed otherwise and Spurs' attack should have too much quality. Fulham v Everton Under 2.5 @ 1.61 - Fulham, 6-goal outlier aside, and Everton seem to both struggle to boot a lot of goals. I expect Moyes to be looking for a point in this one, and Jol's side doesn't seem to be afraid to draw either. The draw is tempting at 3.25, but I feel a lack of goals is a safer bet in case of a good defensive display.

maximize.gifBolton Wanderers v Sunderland
I think Sunderland can nick this game. Bolton have been poor at home losing all 4 games... 1-5 to chelsea, 1-2 to norwich, 0-5 to manu, 2-3 to mancity conceding 15 goals in the process. Granted you can say Sunderlands away form isnt much better... but a 1-1 draw at Anfield and a narrow 2-1 defeat at Arsenal, where they actually played very well, gives plenty of reasons for optimism. With Bendtner and Bardsley returning and given Boltons home record the value def stands out for a Sunderland win at the prices. Sunderland to beat Bolton 5/2 Bet365 Gl all
Yeah, Bolton have been poor at home so far but I think that will change. Will be the same side that beat Wigan last week.

maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland
I think Sunderland can nick this game. Bolton have been poor at home losing all 4 games... 1-5 to chelsea, 1-2 to norwich, 0-5 to manu, 2-3 to mancity conceding 15 goals in the process. Granted you can say Sunderlands away form isnt much better... but a 1-1 draw at Anfield and a narrow 2-1 defeat at Arsenal, where they actually played very well, gives plenty of reasons for optimism. With Bendtner and Bardsley returning and given Boltons home record the value def stands out for a Sunderland win at the prices. Sunderland to beat Bolton 5/2 Bet365 Gl all
that is a brave bet, considering Sunderlands away form also, Bolton faced all the top teams already this season and will start picking points sooner or later, because they are a solid team. Yes they benefited last week from awful Wigan defending but still they have the quality not to loose here, imo

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Bolton V Sunderland BOTH to score = YES @ 1.72 - Coral. Good odds on Bolton IMO, but here I can see both side finding the net. Sunderland have scored and conceded in every all but one away game so far, while Bolton rarely keep a clean sheet. Even conceding two at home to Norwich. Since the end of last season Bolton have been poor defensively, and this is a real six pointer. All the pressure is on both sides, I believe both will want to win, and I can see a game full of mistakes as both sides push for the winner. God knows they both need the win desperately enough, and I don't think one point will be enough for either side. One point against Bolton may not be enough to save Steve Bruce' job at the end of the day either.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Wolves - Swansea over 2.5 @ 1.97 centrebet Wolves have lost their last 5 games where they have conceded at least two goals in each of these games. There are rumblings that all is not well there and expect McCarthy to have them fired up as they look to reverse their recent form. Swansea have managed to win 2 and draw 2 of their last 4 home games but have lost their last 4 away games, where they have allowed 12 goals in these games. However they have scored in their last 4 games so they are starting to find the back of the net and like Wolves, can see them scoring here. Given both sides need a win then doubt either side will be happy to leave it as a draw, with both sides going for the winner Aston Villa - West Brom over 2.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle Midlands derby between these two sides with both sides capable of scoring. Villa have scored in 5 of their last 6 games and with players like Agbonlahor, Bent and Heskey, they have players who can score. With the West Brom defence having conceded in 3 of their last 4 away games, then Villa looks likely to score here. Conversely, Villa have also have conceded in 5 of their last 6 games so their defence is a concern. West Brom have scored in 3 of their last 4 games, and players like Odemwingie have the pace is to get around this Villa defence. They have also gone over in their last 4 meetings Bolton - Sunderland over 2.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Bolton have lost their last 4 home games where they have allowed at least two goals in each of them (total of 15 goals) so their defence has been leaking goals. Sunderland have scored in their last 5 games as well as 3 of their last 4 away games, so like Sunderland to find a way to score on this porous defence. Bolton have scored in 3 of their last 4 home games as well as their last two games, so they have been finding the back of the net, and with Sunderland having allowed at least two goals in 4 of their last 5 games, even their defence has been leaky. Also like Bolton to score and with the corresponding game also going over, then can see this one going over too. Newcastle - Wigan over 2.5 @ 1.88 pinnacle Newcastle have scored and conceded in 5 of their last 6 games and especially in their last 3 games where they have scored at least 2 goals in each of them, they have been finding the back of the net. Wigan have allowed at least two goals in their last 5 games so Newcastle will like their chances of scoring at least a couple of goals here. Wigan have managed to score in 3 of their last 4 games so they will like their chances of scoring given that the Newcastle defence has been allowing goals in. With 3 of their last 4 meetings going over, then the way these two teams have been playing lately, then like this game to go over Liverpool -1.5 @ 1.92 pinnacle Liverpool will be very encouraged with their 1-1 draw at home to Man Utd where they dominated much of the game and had chances to score the winner. They are strong at home and have been scoring, and with Norwich having conceded in each of their 8 games this season then Liverpool should score also. Concern for them is that they have allowed a goal in each of their 4 home games and with Norwich having scored in 6 of their 8 games, they will like their chances of scoring. However they lost 2-0 at Man Utd and 3-1 at Chelsea, and with Liverpool capable of creating chances, then can see them scoring a few goals. Like the value of the handicap better than the over as Liverpool may be able to keep a clean sheet if they do not make stupid mistakes Season record: 30-43 (+8.07)

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Wolves vs Swansea Both of these teams are struggling for goals at the moment. Wolves are averaging under 1 goal scored per home game and it is the same case for Swansea who are averaging under 1 goal scored per away game. I fancy for this fixture to be a tight one between two teams who have difficulties scoring. 5pts Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 Betfred QPR vs Chelsea Gotta fancy Chelsea to win by at least 2 goals in this fixture. They were impressive in their midweek Champions league game winning 5-0. Also to point out that since losing to Man Utd, Chelsea have won all 3 of their premier league games by at least 2 goals scoring 3 or more along the way. Just do not see QPR putting up a fight against a Chelsea side who will be determined to get all 3 points to close the gap on the leaders given that the Manchester derby between 1st and 2nd happen earlier on in the day. Chelsea for me all day. 5pts Chelsea (-1.5 AH) @ 2.08 VC Bolton vs Sunderland All of Bolton's games this season have ended with 3 goals or more. The last 5 Sunderland games in the EPL have all ended with 3 goals or more as well. I see goals being scored in this fixture because of both teams' leaky defenses. 7pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.97 bet365 Blackburn vs Tottenham 4 out of 5 of Blackburn's home games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. 4 out of 5 of Tottenham's away games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. These statistics are compelling enough for me to side with the overs in this fixture. 5pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 bet365 Man Utd vs Man City In this season, 3 out of 4 of Man Utd's home games have ended with Over 9.5 corners. 3 out of 4 of Man City's away games have ended with Over 9.5 corners. All 6 of the last Manchester derbies have ended with Over 9.5 corners. Though it may not be enticing odds, it looks nailed on to come through. 6pts Over 9.5 Corners @ 1.62 VC Also 1pt on the 4 fold above @ 9.33 bet365 :ok

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 First post here, been reading the forum for a while and thought it was about time i posted some of my picks. Bolton vs Sunderland Bolton seem to be finding some form after a terrible start, they had to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal in that period. Now they have a better run of fixtures coming up and i can see them climbing the table. David N'Gog I think has found his level after a tough time at Liverpool, and he compliments Davies well. Steve Bruce is getting a hard time at Sunderland and rightly so, they've signed plenty of players and dont seem to be improving. They are very short upfront and with Boltons superior strikeforce and home advantage they can take the points here at a nice price. Bolton @ 13/10 Bet365 Bolton-1AH @ 3.350 Bet365

I also want to say that Man.City is not a team that can take anything from Old Trafford. They do have good players and only managed easy wins against mid-table sides. Look at their performance in Champions League they only managed 1-1 draw against Napoli, lost to B.Munich 0-2 and yesterday needed a stoppage time goal to get 3 points against out of form Villarreal. Man.United @ 2.10 (5 units) William Hill
Man.United don't do better in CL with far more weak teams , they needed 2 penaltys for first win in 3 games, Man.City have the strongest squad ever and ofcours they can take anything from old even to win as this is a derby and anything can happend - i prefer Man.City DNB @ 2.7 Unibet

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Aston Villa - WBA I fancy Villa for this game. A strong side at home, with a very strong attack against a team that will probably be fighting for "survivor" in the premiership. Also, there's a good price on Villa. As for the Manchester derby, I also thing that SAF will go for the whole 3 points here, and agree with the "kick in the nuts" theory. :lol Man Utd is a team with tradition, a team that was build for years and a team that is VERY STRONG at home, so... Simply, they are better, they have a better menager (with all do respect to mr. Mancini), they are playing at home, have a far better team spirit... The points are staying at Old Traford...

First post here, been reading the forum for a while and thought it was about time i posted some of my picks. Bolton vs Sunderland Bolton seem to be finding some form after a terrible start, they had to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal in that period. Now they have a better run of fixtures coming up and i can see them climbing the table. David N'Gog I think has found his level after a tough time at Liverpool, and he compliments Davies well. Steve Bruce is getting a hard time at Sunderland and rightly so, they've signed plenty of players and dont seem to be improving. They are very short upfront and with Boltons superior strikeforce and home advantage they can take the points here at a nice price. Bolton @ 13/10 Bet365 Bolton-1AH @ 3.350 Bet365
Bolton have not been able to continue from where they left last season, and that is due partly to the return of Sturridge to Chelsea, and having a tricky fixture until now hasn't helped and I agree with you that Ngog will find his scoring boots sooner or later, not that he was a prolific scorer at Liverpool but the level of expectation was always higher at his former club. Sunderland for their part are not faring better, and have a tendency to concede early in their games e.g Liverpool 11th Chelsea 18th Norwich 31st West brom 4th Arsenal ....28 secs! They kept two clean sheets against Swansea and Stoke, and Newcastle scored against them in the 62th, so keeping in mind that Bolton won't settle for a draw here I will trust Bolton to score in the first half at @2.00 Ladbrokes.

Wolves - Swansea Wolves have lost their last 5 league games and conceded 11 goals, scoring only 2. Swansea have a slightly better record, but they managed to win their last 2 home games while they have lost all of their 4 away games this season. Compared to Wolves Swansea managed to score goals and in their last 4 games they have scored 7 games. However, they defence on the road is very poor and they have conceded 12 goals in 4 away games. This game is hard to call and I am leaning towards the draw however will leave Win-Draw-Win markets and will focus on goals as I can see each side scoring at least 1 goal. Both to Score @ 1.80 (3 units) William Hill
What a game. That's why Premier League is my favorite. Nice start to the weekend :beer

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Liverpool vs Norwich Pick: Draw Liverpool is a favorite against Norwich, specially because this game will be played at Anfield. But I believe Norwich is able to make a small surprise. There are two reasons for my pick. First of all, Liverpool isn't superior at home this season. The Reds have two victories and two draws in the first four home matches. The manager Kenny Dalglish has a problem as his players failed to win on two games (against Sunderland and Manchester United) even they had an advantage. For this match he will be missing Lucas Leiva due to suspension and this is a handicap for Liverpool. I am sure Lucas is very important. The second reason for my pick is connect with the guests. Norwich is in fantastic form with three victories in the last four matches. Here are the results: 15.10. Norwich - Swansea 3:1 01.10. Manchester Utd - Norwich 2:0 26.09. Norwich - Sunderland 2:1 17.09. Bolton - Norwich 1:2 As You can see the only defeat came from the actual champion Manchester United at Old Trafford. But I watched the game and I must admit Norwich was very close to make a surprise. Anthony Pilkington had two excellent chances, he even hit the post in 75 minutes of the match, but has no luck. Norwich manager Paul Lambert has no new injury worries. It is interesting that he could be poised to name an unchanged starting line-up for the fifth consecutive match. I am sure this is a good situation for Lambert. And I believe his team could stay unbeaten at Anfield.

Bolton V Sunderland BOTH to score = YES @ 1.72 - Coral. Good odds on Bolton IMO, but here I can see both side finding the net. Sunderland have scored and conceded in every all but one away game so far, while Bolton rarely keep a clean sheet. Even conceding two at home to Norwich. Since the end of last season Bolton have been poor defensively, and this is a real six pointer. All the pressure is on both sides, I believe both will want to win, and I can see a game full of mistakes as both sides push for the winner. God knows they both need the win desperately enough, and I don't think one point will be enough for either side. One point against Bolton may not be enough to save Steve Bruce' job at the end of the day either.
Might as well back against my tips this year :wall Can't believe Bolton didn't score, other than because of the fact they're sticking with that clown N'gog instead of Klasnic :@

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Watched the second half of that one and was surprised at how poor Bolton are these days, rarely looked like scoring, thought Sunderland dominated the second half. Could be looking at relegation I think, Lee and Holden are proving to be big losses.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 QPR v Chelsea - Chelsea HT/FT evens Ladbrokes All but one of Chelsea's wins in the premiership this season have been HT/FT wins. QPR have had one of the easier starts to the season. They are yet to win at home, recording 3 draws with Villa, Newcastle and Blackburn and losing 4-0 at home to Bolton. Chelsea are obviously a different class to these teams, and apart from the potential derby banana-skin, I can only see this going one way, and relatively early on.

As Phantom says NUFC aren't a great price but I think they will win easily. I'm a NUFC fan and have watched nearly every game this season, the whole squad are playing for each other and look steady at the back and lethal up front. I expect Santon to come in and make his debut in place of Simpson tomorrow and that alone will add strangth to the defence as Simpson has been the weak link since last year. Tiote & Cabaye work very well in the midfield and the front two of Best & Ba are feeding off each other but have other forwards such as Shola & Ben Arfa breathing down their necks keeping them on their toes. Newcastle to win @ 8/13 Tote 10/10 :nana Newcastle to win 3-1 @ 12-1 Skybet 5/10 Cabaye to score anytime @ 9/2 Skybet 5/10 :nana :ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok:ok
A few quid earned tonight, only for Leicester getting chinned at home I would have had a monster bet up ffs!

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Man Utd v Man City Total Man Utd Cards - 2 to 3 @ 11/10 (William Hill) 5 pts Total Man Utd Cards - Over 3 @ 10/3 (William Hill) 5 pts Okay so this is guarenteed to be a fiery encounter. Neither side will want to concede first or lose this with the likely outcome being a score draw. I can see this getting pretty tense quite early on especially due to City's excellent form this season being a noticeable change from last season and the fact that Man Utd won so emphatically against City in the Community Shield earlier on. These games always have cards and with City's attack coming from all angles its likely United's defense at some point will get frustrated. This is kind of a 'draw no bet' type of bet for me. 5 points on 2 to 3 cards which if it remains the same will return my stake for the other bet. The other bet is Over 3 Man Utd cards which I will also stake 5 points. If this wins I am roughly looking at 5-6 points profit. The only drawback will be if Man Utd only get 1 card or no cards - almost impossible in this game! :hope

maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland
:nana:nana:nana

A few quid earned tonight' date=' only for Leicester getting chinned at home I would have had a monster bet up ffs![/quote'] Nice shout on the Cabaye AGS bet. Thought Newcastle where a little fortunate to win, a draw would have probably been a fairer reflection on the game. In addition I'm not quite sure how Liverpool didn't beat Norwich, Suarez could have had a double hat-trick of his own the amount of chances he had.

Event QPR - Chelsea
Selection Chelsea -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.14
Reasoning Chelsea is in form and they are a natural favourite to win at QPR. QPR is being too irregular this season and they got some really heavy defeats like two weeks ago when they were smashed at Fulham by 6-0. They are doing it well away but are still without winning at home this season. In the last 14 games against Chelsea, QPR only could win one. Chelsea is improving his form and they scored 12 goals in the last three games. They have here a good chance to continue the good run. In the last game they had their biggest Champions League ever, beating Genk by 5-0. And Andre Villas Boas clearly saved some main players giving extra value to this derby, resting Sturridge, Terry, Mikel, Mata and Drogba. ANdre Villas Boas knows very well how to manage the team and i expect here a clear win of Chelsea.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Arsenal - Stoke After losing to Liverpool at home Arsenal have won all their home games. Stoke is a strong team at home, but away they are completely different. This season they lost 0-2 to Swansea and 0-4 to Sunderland. Arsenal has a good record against Stoke. Arsenal won last 4 home games against Stoke in all competitions since they were promoted to the Premier League. So, I can see Arsenal winning this one by more than 1 goal, but will play it safe in case they win by only 1 goal. Arsenal -1 AH @ 2.07 (5 units) Bet365