Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October

I am doing a Lucky 15 tomorrow, 2 are over the jumps and 2 on the flat but ill just put it into the flat section and section it. Lucky 15 (1) Kailani - Yarmouth 1:50 Frankie Dettori has 2 rides tomorrow in the first 2 races at Yarmouth and both are on newcomers that look the part on paper. Its dam won the 1000 Guineas and the Oaks, Al Zarooni is in good form with 1 winner and 6 places from their last 9 runners. However he has yet to have a winner at Yarmouth from 15 attempts but has been knocking on the door. The Dettori/Al Zarooni combo have teamed up at Yarmouth twice and have come 2nd on both occasions, time to go one better. (2) Morrow - Yarmouth 2:20 Similar situation here as the first race, i think both newcomers have a good opportunity to win, and Frankie i feel can seal a double with this animal. Again riding for Al Zarooni it looks the part on paper and Al Zarooni has been known to get plenty of first time out winners. Must have a big chance in whats a winnable maiden. (3) McCauley - Exeter 3:10 Richard Johnson has an incredible amount of wins at Exeter with 113 wins from 486 rides there, and his nearest pursuer there is Andrew Thornton who only has 23 wins, so its fair to say it pays to follow Johnson at Exeter. This horse was cruising last time out only for unseating under a careless Mr Matthew Hampton and now with Johnson on board it must hold every chance. Is only up 3 pounds in a 5 runner affair here and holds every chance (4) Megans Motivator - Exeter 5:10 Again im backing Johnson in the bumper, who is on a very interesting horse, as Andrew Balding has this animal on the flat. The trainer has had 1 winner from 9 runners in bumpers since 2004 but the trainer is in fantastic form and he pulled off a gamble today on the flat with Discoteca. He has had 2 winners and 2 seconds from his last 4 runners so i am going to side with this animal tomorrow in this national hunt flat race. Lucky 15 @ SP Also doing an E/W Fourfold! :hope

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October 5.30 Lingfield Good looking sprint handicap with plenty of usual AW horses in the lineup and some look a bit overpriced in my opinion! Go Nani Go has had a good late summer campaign with finally another win but has struggled from his new mark probably found soft ground too much last time out, but overall strike rate is off putting now and also only had 1 AW run and was down the field. Lord Of The Reins goes well at Kempton but cashed in on much lower turf mark on penultimate start and could go well again if in that sort of form, but he is handicapped probably to just about his best on the AW 6lb higher than last win although has won off higher in the past and has 2 wins from 5 runs around here and is a worthy saver in my opinion from a good draw. Absa Lutte is a sort that could go well if in the mood but has rapidly become frustrating and is probably worth opposing again. Chjimes is usually competitive around here but doesnt have the best record fresh and tends to go better when having several runs on the bounce and yard also struggling for winners at the moment. Boogie Waltzer is a consistent sort and a credit for connections with a decent strike rate but is probably handicapped to his best now, last winning at Southwell off a mark of 69 runs off 70 today and has generally struggled off higher marks although signs of a return to form last time out but nothing to really suggest he is a winner waiting to happen fading in the finish on soft ground which is disappointing considering he has stamina over further and plenty of form on soft ground. There only appears to be one front runner in this field and he isnt exactly confirmed and that is Boogie Waltzer which puts me off the short priced favourite Rebecca Romero who clearly needs a strong pace to chase and also Estonia would have been a lot of interest had there been presence of more front runners as she has shown more of her old spark finishing well recently on last 2 starts on the AW but needs them to go hard up front which is unlikely here. Therefore looking at the race itself its gonna pay to race handy I feel from a good draw and therefore what looked like a saver bet looks the main bet now, Lord Of The Reins should go well at a good E/W price for a yard going well right now! 2pt e/w Lord Of The Reins 8/1 hills

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October

Sport Horse Racing
Event Lingfield 4:30
Selection Shostakovich (Each-way)
Strength 5/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 6.00
Reasoning Has run well in the last two starts. Led the way until headed inside the final furlong at Wolverhampton losing by 2 lengths at the end at the 7f trip. It was his first try at this course last time out and it went well. Finished 2nd by by a neck to Doncosaque who followed up with another win in a Class 5 Handicap at Windsor so that form has worked out well. It was another 7f race where he chased the leaders, made a challenged over 1f out and stayed on but the final furlong but just unable to get up. With his form going so well I think it's worth a try at 6f once more. All of his 5 wins had been at 6f along with 3 more placed efforts.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Lingfield 5:00
Selection Stonecrabstomorrow (Each-way)
Strength 5/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 7.50
Reasoning 7th of 8 here earlier in the year at 7f but in better form today. Previous attempts here went well for when trained by Paul Cole and Richard Fahey. 2114 for Cole and 2 for Fahey. Now with Michael Attwater and in better form than ever for him this year. The selection has 4 wins this year. 2 wins from his last 4 starts; 1st, 1st, 5th, 3rd. The wins came at Brighton (5f) and Epsom (7f)in August and September. The 5th placed effort was in a Class 4 Handicap at Goodwood where he lost by 3 lengths. Last time out was for 3rd of 14 by 2 lengths at Brighton. With him being in better shape that his first visit here for Attwater and past success here I think he can do well today.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Lingfield 5:30
Selection Even Bolder (Each-way)
Strength 3/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 11.00
Reasoning Dropping the in the weights and 4lb lower than his last win (Jan 10th at this C&D). He's not been disgraced recently having been on Turf. The latest was unlucky and better than the bare form of 5th of 9 by 3 lengths. Raced off the pace in midfield, closed on inner over 1f out, chasing leaders and staying on when not clear run and switched right final 100yds, no impression after. Return to the All-Weather will suit him. He finished the season well last term with the last three runs being at this track. Finished 2nd in this very race lst year behind Dancing Freddy then followed with a couple of 3rd placed runs at 6f.

I am doing a Lucky 15 tomorrow, 2 are over the jumps and 2 on the flat but ill just put it into the flat section and section it. Lucky 15 (1) Kailani - Yarmouth 1:50 Frankie Dettori has 2 rides tomorrow in the first 2 races at Yarmouth and both are on newcomers that look the part on paper. Its dam won the 1000 Guineas and the Oaks, Al Zarooni is in good form with 1 winner and 6 places from their last 9 runners. However he has yet to have a winner at Yarmouth from 15 attempts but has been knocking on the door. The Dettori/Al Zarooni combo have teamed up at Yarmouth twice and have come 2nd on both occasions, time to go one better. (2) Morrow - Yarmouth 2:20 Similar situation here as the first race, i think both newcomers have a good opportunity to win, and Frankie i feel can seal a double with this animal. Again riding for Al Zarooni it looks the part on paper and Al Zarooni has been known to get plenty of first time out winners. Must have a big chance in whats a winnable maiden. (3) McCauley - Exeter 3:10 Richard Johnson has an incredible amount of wins at Exeter with 113 wins from 486 rides there, and his nearest pursuer there is Andrew Thornton who only has 23 wins, so its fair to say it pays to follow Johnson at Exeter. This horse was cruising last time out only for unseating under a careless Mr Matthew Hampton and now with Johnson on board it must hold every chance. Is only up 3 pounds in a 5 runner affair here and holds every chance (4) Megans Motivator - Exeter 5:10 Again im backing Johnson in the bumper, who is on a very interesting horse, as Andrew Balding has this animal on the flat. The trainer has had 1 winner from 9 runners in bumpers since 2004 but the trainer is in fantastic form and he pulled off a gamble today on the flat with Discoteca. He has had 2 winners and 2 seconds from his last 4 runners so i am going to side with this animal tomorrow in this national hunt flat race. Lucky 15 @ SP Also doing an E/W Fourfold! :hope
Captain Dash is a Non-Runner so i put McCauley into my Lucky 15 as a replacement.

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October DESERT FALLS 4.30 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. A bit frustrating, but this is a weak race full of horses that are inconsistent and think too much. The trip and surface is fine and hard to see him not hitting the frame today, at least. Amy Ryan capable of doing the job, so with the handicapper giving him chances (in context with others in the race) of a mark of 58 he should go very close today. 6/1 Boylesports BOG

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October Even Bolder 5.30 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Not for for quite a while, but I was at Brighton the other day and backed him each way. He came in 5th, but did have every chance if brave enough to come through on the rail. However, thought too much about it and I couldn't help feeling he's wise to the game now. With that in mind I'm pleased to see the blinkers applied today for the first time, which is strange at this time in his career, but I feel they may work and bring about a few pounds of improvement on recent efforts. If that's the case, then he can definitely win this race. The trip's fine and proved he handles this surface in the past, so all in all, if the blinkers work, he should run a very big race at decent odds. 10/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October It's all a bit rubbish today - big fields on the flat, tiny fields over jumps But I've got 'free bets' burning a hole in my pocket so I've back a couple - 4.30 Ling - Shostokovich - 5 pts win at 4/1 Been running well last couple of times. Finished a close second in a claimer won by Doncasaque last time and that one won a handicap at Windsor yesterday. I like claimer form going into handicaps in low grade racing, it's often undervalued by punters 5.00 Ling - Liby's Dream - 5 pts win at 4/1 Lightly raced 3 year old who won a maiden then finished a nose 2nd on handicap debut, both on the poly at kempton. Field full of the usual suspects and this could be the one who's improving quickly

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 18th of October 4.30 Lingfield - Desert Falls - Jockey Amy Ryan has a 31 % strike rate (4-13) riding for Richard Whitaker in 4yo+ races this season (LSP +£12+). 5/1 5.00 Lingfield - Stonecrabstomorrow - will relish the slingshot nature of this track and ran well at Brighton last week behind Cheylesmore, who very much had the run of the race. 6/1 5.30 Lingfield - Estonia - ran as well as could have been expected in plating contest latest, multiple CD winner and if Skylla goes off hard, will have race teed up nicely for Lukey Morris to swoop late. 6/1.

Well that worked out well enough. Managed to get 6/1 on Kailana for me e/w single, backed Morrow e/w @ 9/2 was 3rd, McCauley was no good and Megans Motivator i also had a 4/1 win bet on... Small profit on the Lucky 15 also... Decent day (for a change)