England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October

Spooner

Friday 14 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bristol Rovers v Rotherham United (19:45 BST) 2.25 3.45 2.75 109.79 %
maximize.gif Burton Albion v Cheltenham Town (19:45 BST) 2.1 3.45 3 109.94 %
maximize.gif Port Vale v Northampton Town (19:45 BST) 1.9 3.45 3.4 110.78 %
Saturday 15 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Swindon Town (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.3 2.4 111.97 %
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 BST) 1.83 3.4 3.75 110.62 %
maximize.gif Barnet v Aldershot Town (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.3 2.5 112.41 %
maximize.gif Crawley Town v Shrewsbury Town (15:00 BST) 1.72 3.5 4 111.47 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 BST) 1.66 3.5 4.5 110.79 %
maximize.gif Hereford United v Bradford City (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.3 2.5 110.30 %
maximize.gif Macclesfield Town v Oxford United (15:00 BST) 2.7 3.3 2.3 110.82 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Morecambe (15:00 BST) 1.83 3.4 3.75 110.62 %
maximize.gif Torquay United v Gillingham (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.3 2.62 111.88 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Burton (-0.5 AH) @ 2.05 - Bet365 Burton have had a solid start to the season and still boast an unbeaten home record 3-3-0. They welcome Cheltenham to the Pirelli stadium who also lie on 20 points from 12 games. Burton strike me as a very solid outfit at home and i expect them to carry on from where they left off last weekend with a 1-0 away at Rotherham. I think that if Burton can prevent the away side from scoring early they can make them pay. Cheltenham can be quite inconsistant and have yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season conceding 11 in the process. Burton also have a good set of forwards including Justin Richards (L2 top scorer), Clavin Zola and Billy Kee and i expect them to be able to put a couple past the Cheltenham defence. Fancy a couple of the other home sides including: AFC Wimbledon @ 10/11 Southend @ 10/11 Crawley @ 4/5 Seem like quite good pices considering all of their starts to the season and home records... Any thoughts welcome :ok

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Hi all, (especially Bale-is-god, wasn't he just against Bulgaria!!) I am also leaning towards AFC Wimbledon to get a win against a youthful, talented but ultimately inexperienced Crewe team. AFC have a strong line-up and when I have seen them play appear to have the old 'Crazy gang' spirit about them and along with some undoubted talent. At home against this Crewe side I think that strength and dominance in possession could undo the opposition but team news at this level is crucial, as we have seen many times already this season!! Crawley also appear a good price and have been coming into form but I am wary of the Shrews who always have an upset in them! I do like Crawley, apart from the manager, and 4-5 is overpriced when considering home form but this is one to consider for now, they can be very hit and miss, just look at the biggest win and losses this season! Good luck all and I will post agian closer to the weekend. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October

Hi all, (especially Bale-is-god, wasn't he just against Bulgaria!!) I am also leaning towards AFC Wimbledon to get a win against a youthful, talented but ultimately inexperienced Crewe team. AFC have a strong line-up and when I have seen them play appear to have the old 'Crazy gang' spirit about them and along with some undoubted talent. At home against this Crewe side I think that strength and dominance in possession could undo the opposition but team news at this level is crucial, as we have seen many times already this season!! Crawley also appear a good price and have been coming into form but I am wary of the Shrews who always have an upset in them! I do like Crawley, apart from the manager, and 4-5 is overpriced when considering home form but this is one to consider for now, they can be very hit and miss, just look at the biggest win and losses this season! Good luck all and I will post agian closer to the weekend. :ok
Agree with you on both these picks, i've stayed clear of AFC since they got battered 3-0 at home by a 10-man Northampton this time last month, but since then to their credit they've won all 4 league games and against decent opposition too (cheltenham, bradford, gillingham and morecambe) As for Crawley, they've definatly had a couple of poor results but i expect them to become slightly more consistant. And as you've said 4/5 isnt a bad price considering their home form. Something i noticed last season was that Shrewsbury seemed to be poor against the top sides, just had a look at their record against the other 7 teams that finished in the top 8... In the 14 games (home and away it reads: 2-7-5) not great for a team that missed out on automatic promotion by 2 points. You obviously cant read into that too much but might be worth bearing in mind. Price of Burton gone up to 11/10 with Bet365 too :ok

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Port Vale-Northampton Over 2.5 1.847 Pinnacle 4/10 Nice odds here, should be much lower. Port Vale had 6/7 overs at home (4 even went above 4.5 goals!). Northampton 5/6 overs away. Both to score looks very likely as well as both like to score and concede. Last 11 home matches P. Vale always scored, and so did Northampton last 12 away...

Agree with you on both these picks, i've stayed clear of AFC since they got battered 3-0 at home by a 10-man Northampton this time last month, but since then to their credit they've won all 4 league games and against decent opposition too (cheltenham, bradford, gillingham and morecambe) As for Crawley, they've definatly had a couple of poor results but i expect them to become slightly more consistant. And as you've said 4/5 isnt a bad price considering their home form. Something i noticed last season was that Shrewsbury seemed to be poor against the top sides, just had a look at their record against the other 7 teams that finished in the top 8... In the 14 games (home and away it reads: 2-7-5) not great for a team that missed out on automatic promotion by 2 points. You obviously cant read into that too much but might be worth bearing in mind. Price of Burton gone up to 11/10 with Bet365 too :ok
Yeah I was thinking the same of Crawley, they are mainly the players that brought them up with a few quality additions so now they all should have bedded in and as you said have picked up well recently. Burton are a good price for this fixture too but when this one pops up I always remember that crazy game a few seasons back, things like that stay in my head too long!!! Burton beat Cheltenham 2-0 last time they met at the Pirrelli so you have to fancy them with the calibre of strikers they have at the club. Pesch came out and said as much last week and Richards and Zola will cause every defence a problem or two in this league. Im looking for a solid Friday bet to get some bigger funds for sat so this may be the call. :cheers

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Hereford v Bradford Bradford City - 2.5 Ladbrokes Simple reasons here. I am sure the Bradford fan (cant remember your name sorry) who comes on here regularly will also be able to back me up on this but Bradford seem to of kicked started their season with that JPT victory at Huddersfield, they won also last week at home to Torquay. The tide really does seem to be turning with former Premiership player Craig Fagan climbing aboard they really do now possess a strong squad and have a decent manager. Hereford on the other hand really do looked doomed for relegation this year. They have had some heavy defeats at home this season conceding 4 against Macc, 6 against Gills and 3 against Morecambe. They are currently bottom of the form table also.

Port Vale-Northampton Over 2.5 1.847 Pinnacle 4/10 Nice odds here, should be much lower. Port Vale had 6/7 overs at home (4 even went above 4.5 goals!). Northampton 5/6 overs away. Both to score looks very likely as well as both like to score and concede. Last 11 home matches P. Vale always scored, and so did Northampton last 12 away...
Hi, hope you guys don't mind me sticking my oar in. I follow Northampton and with fans favourite Adebayo Akinfenwa out injured with a fractured jaw, I can't personally see Town getting a victory at Vale Park, IMHO I can't see who will score the goals without him to batter the opposing defenders. Mickey Adams is said to be very confident that his team will win, last season we got a draw up there and the performance was a real backs to the wall against the promotion chasers, for this reason I am going to back the draw again at 3.5 (Ladbrokes).

Hi, hope you guys don't mind me sticking my oar in. I follow Northampton and with fans favourite Adebayo Akinfenwa out injured with a fractured jaw, I can't personally see Town getting a victory at Vale Park, IMHO I can't see who will score the goals without him to batter the opposing defenders. Mickey Adams is said to be very confident that his team will win, last season we got a draw up there and the performance was a real backs to the wall against the promotion chasers, for this reason I am going to back the draw again at 3.5 (Ladbrokes).
Fair comment, i'd totally agree. Northampton seem to have been abit dissapointing so far, on paper they have a number of players that should be contributing with more goals, neither Robinson or Savage have even scored yet... Jacobs looks to be a good young player, but i'm not sure too much should be expected of him yet. I'm tempted to back Port Vale myself...

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Maybe the match Port Vale-Northampton should be skipped as Port Vale has had a virus inside the team last week and a few players could be ill a little bit.Rob Taylor ( 2 goals) is out. On the other side,Northampton is missing striker Akinfenwa ( 5 goals).Midfielder Davies ( 4 goals ) is a doubt.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Macclesfield are too bigger price imo, 12/5 to win at home against Oxford. Two sides in decent form but Macc have got strong home form, beaten Swindon, Wimbledon, Northampton and drew with Morecambe, all sides that i think will be at least top half by the end of the season. Oxford's away form is decent but a few of there wins have come at weaker sides, Hereford, Barnet and Dag & Red. Looks a tight game but the odds dont really reflect that imo.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Wimbledon, Macclesfield and Bradford are all teams I may back, but my most confident selection this weekend has to be Torquay at home to Gillingham. Both teams are not in the best of form. Torquay haven't won any of their last 6 games, but if you look at who they've played, they have had some tough games in this run. At home they've onlylost to Crawley, and most recently drew to a Morecambe side who have the best away record in the league. Gillingham have lost 2 and drawn 1 of their last 3 games, albeit 1 loss was in the JPT. A home draw against Port Vale and a loss to Wimbledon aren't terrible results, but the team news is a real factor too. Gillingham are missing something ridiculous like 10 squad players, most of whom are first team players. Kedwell and Oli are missing, making them very light up top. Kuffour and Nouble will therefore probably start, which isn't a bad pairing, but they haven't played much together (Kuffour hasn't played much and Nouble is raw). They're also missing Charlie Lee, captain Fuller, Frampton, Jackman, Payne, Spiller and Birchall (who hasn't played at all this season). Gills do have a big squad, but some of these players are important first-teamers who will be sorely missed. They have a very young midfield without Spiller and Fuller, and 3 of their normal back 4 are out. Torquay are 7/5 with most bookies, which is massive, but I will be taking them on the AH 0 line at 13/16 with 188bet. Thoughts anyone?

Event Southend - Morecambe
Selection Southend
Strength 10/10
Date 15/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 1.95
Reasoning Southend will have the biggest crowd of the recent years supporting them in this game. More than 8.500 tickets were sold so far and with so strong support, Southend can win the three points here. The expectation on the hosts side is very big due to the excellent season they are doing. Six consecutive wins in all competitions make Southend be moralized and confident. The sequence of results is being great and they will make everything to keep up the good results. Morecambe is eighth placed and is also making a good season. Curious that Morecambe is unbeaten away so far but they also couldn't win any of the last three games. But, despite that, the hosts can't expect a easy win as this is a derby game. It is a game between the best team of the league so far, and a unbeaten away side, with a big crowd supporting the teams. Everything to be a great game, with my favouritism being to the hosts.

Event Barnet - Aldershot
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 15/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.94
Reasoning History says to us that when the two teams face each other, lot's of goals use to happen, and Over 2,5 goals is very often. Nov 27 2004 Aldershot - Barnet 2-3 over Feb 26 2005 Barnet - Aldershot 2-1 over Dec 26 2008 Barnet - Aldershot 0-3 over Apr 13 2009 Aldershot - Barnet 1-1 under Dec 26 2009 Aldershot - Barnet 4-0 over Feb 06 2010 Barnet - Aldershot 3-0 over Jan 01 2011 Barnet - Aldershot 1-2 over Mar 22 2011 Aldershot - Barnet 1-0 under Six Over 2,5 goals in the last eight games...not bad. And if you take a look even more attentive, you can see that the two Under 2,5 happened at Aldershot. Well, this game is at Barnet, and looking to the desperation of the two teams in the dangerous zone of the table, with both coming from a sequence of four (Barnet) and three (Aldershot) consecutive defeats, knowing that Barnet has the worst defense of League Two (25 goals conceded in 12 games played), i expect a open game with many goals here.

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October Hereford V Bradford This week Phil Parkinson has shown he is no mug and won't stand for sulking from players dropped. He has shipped out club captain Guy Branston to Rotherham on loan (He was sent off last night). Rumour has it he also fined Branston a weeks wages for sulking and Branston has said he is not one to sit warming the bench but clearly does not want to fight for his place back. Our 1st choice centre back on loan (Davies from Stoke) got a straight red last week and misses 3 games so partnering Luke Oliver will either be new signing Marcel Seip or Steve Williams. Parkinson has added class all over the field and Fagan has got off the mark with his 1st goal last week. Reid is showing us why he was snapped up on a 2 year deal and I hope Devitt is fit again as he has looked brilliant in several games (Morecambe away, Port Vale away). Hereford managed a 3-3 draw with Swindon last week but have an awful record and concede more goals than us, bearing in mind we have only kept 1 clean sheet all season (last week with 10 men). Just looking at the league table does not always tell the full story. Bradford have been slowly improving over the last 4-5 games and Parkinson is making his mark. I was going to go today but it was an 8.30am start so I swerved it and will make do with the radio commentary. I feel like I am going to miss a historic win, I believe it is 1981 since we last won there but today I am full of confidence. We look due to give a team a good hammering and that could be Hereford. If we can grab a goal within the first 20 minutes and build on that I can see a 3-0 or 4-0 scoreline. Branston going out on loan should seem like a loss and he was excellent last week but has probably been our weak link over the season. We were much better defensively last week, getting men behind the ball when losing possession and it is all starting to click after an awful start to the season. Bradford are 6-4 for the win at Ladbrokes and that seems like value to me. Bradford -1 are 4-1 with Betfred and I'll have some of that too. Suggested Bets: 5pts - Bradford to win (6-4 Ladbrokes) 2pts - Bradford -1 (4-1 Betfred) 1pt EW - Kyel Reid 1st goalscorer (11-1 Bet365)

Re: England > Weekend > League 2 > 14-15 October I meant to add that Lee Collins is referee for this game. It is his 1st season in the league and in 5 games so far he has dished out 15 yellow cards and 3 red cards (if those stats are up to date). Kevshat on here might remember him as he took charge of Luton in April for their 6-0 win over Southport and in one game gave out 6 yellows, 1 red and 1 penalty. Paddypower offer 2-1 that there will be a penalty in the match. :ok

Event Southend - Morecambe
Selection Southend
Strength 10/10
Date 15/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 1.95
Reasoning Southend will have the biggest crowd of the recent years supporting them in this game. More than 8.500 tickets were sold so far and with so strong support, Southend can win the three points here. The expectation on the hosts side is very big due to the excellent season they are doing. Six consecutive wins in all competitions make Southend be moralized and confident. The sequence of results is being great and they will make everything to keep up the good results. Morecambe is eighth placed and is also making a good season. Curious that Morecambe is unbeaten away so far but they also couldn't win any of the last three games. But, despite that, the hosts can't expect a easy win as this is a derby game. It is a game between the best team of the league so far, and a unbeaten away side, with a big crowd supporting the teams. Everything to be a great game, with my favouritism being to the hosts.
I think I know what you are trying to convey, but just in case anyone else may be misled, this is NOT a derby match - Morecambe is NW England while Southend is SE England