Another good dog bet

After the success of Rathroon Prince the other day I have another bet of a similar calibre for you this evening. Although its a top class A1 at Perry Barr the race is set up for a cracking run from the Black coated runner in trap 4, Dinner Guest. Blessed with ultra consistent early pace this Jul 02 dog of Smooth Rumble should ping the lids and go 2 clear at the bend with only the blue (trap 2) to give it company. From here it should be plain sailing as I have feeling the other 4 dogs may bunch and allow it to get away. The race ratings are shown below. You can watch the race LIVE on SKY, channel 425.

Perry Barr (WHTV)

Race time

10:15

Distance

480m

Grade

A1

POST PICK 4 - 1 - 2

Bet rating

Spread

Greyhound

Sectional

Rating

Time

Rating +

Time +

Dist

DINNER GUEST

+1.5L

SAWPIT SALSA

+1.5L

STONEY RIVER

0.75L

TAKEAWAY MAGIC

+1.5L

GREENVIEW TIGER

0.75L

MONSTER GAMBLE

Re: Another good dog bet Yeah, pretty gutted actually as the dog would have won a long way. I suppose thats the highs and lows of dog racing. As you can see by the sectionals it was well clear and I am pretty sure nothing would have pulled it back. There is a similar runner in a race tonight at wimbledon. The race is set up for it to lead and having run only two lenghts behind Fire Height Dan (top class) last time out this dog is surely thrown in. I think it will be short in the market but well worth an investment. Result:- Not too sure about the race comment for Ckbadly there was nothing near it, for me it went lame and they should put that in the result.

Perry Barr|13/01/2005|22:15|Grade A1|480m|1st £100
spcr.gifFinspcr.gifGreyhoundspcr.gifTrapspcr.gifSPspcr.gifTime/Sec.spcr.gifTime/Distance
spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif1spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifMonster Gamblespcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif1spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif7/2spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.78spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif29.43
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gifbk d Top Honcho-Tadhgs Luck Oct-2002 (Trainer: J C Searle)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: RlsCrd1, Ld2
spcr.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif2spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifStoney Riverspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif2spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif4/1spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.60spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif29.45 (HD)
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.giff d Westmead Merlin-Coventry Babe Jul-2001 (Trainer: A Stone)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: Crd1, ChlFr 1/4
spcr.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif3spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifTakeaway Magicspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif6spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif8/1spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.87spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif29.49 (1/2)
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gifwbk d Larkhill Jo-Proud Smasher Sep-2001 (Trainer: J C Searle)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: SAwBmp4, RnOn
spcr.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif4spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifSawpit Salsaspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif4/1spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.60spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif29.61 (1 1/2)
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gifbkw d Small Fortune-Queen Sally Apr-2003 (Trainer: D A Hunt)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: Crd1, Bmp4
spcr.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif5spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifGreenview Tigerspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif5spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif9/2spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.64spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif29.79 (2 1/4)
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif(Season: 05.Au.04) bk b Honcho Classic-Greenview Beauty Jun-2002 (Trainer: G B Ballentine)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: WideFcdTCk2
spcr.gif
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gif6spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gifDinner Guestspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif4spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif6/4Fspcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif3.50spcr_drkgrey.gifspcr.gif00.00 (DIS)
spcr_drkgrey.gif
spcr.gifbd d Smooth Rumble-Dinner Jacket Jul-2002 (Trainer: J Ridley)
spcr.gifspcr.gif Comment: EP, CkBadly2

Re: Another good dog bet Tonights selection:- Once again nailed on to lead early with only the stripes battling for the lead but wont get it. This dogs last run puts it in decent open class and therefore it may be short in the betting ring. I suggest you check out the betfair odds and back it with someone who does not know!

Wimbledon WHTV

Race time

10:00

Distance

460m

Grade

A1

POST PICK 5 - 6 - 4

Bet rating

Spread

Greyhound

Sectional

Rating

Time

Rating +

Time +

Dist

NOIRS SEANIE

+1.5L

EDENPARK COLLEGE

hd

HARBOUR PRINCESS

hd

LOYAL LINDSEY

0.75L

WAYWARD LEGEND

hd

CLOHEENA RINGO

Re: Another good dog bet I have just had a look at oddschecker and its now 4/5 with stanleybet and you can get 5/4 with bluesquare but who has an account bluesquare? Also interesting to note are the two runners i have posted at Sunderland tonight. Usually the majors post prices for A1 races and i think they may have avoided those two races like the plague. There are a few people who have caught on and Mr.Ladbrokes price man at the track is not stupid. Compatible is available at 3.5 (£34) with betfair, not a bad price.

Re: Another good dog bet Just had a quick scan through Ladbrokes prices and Pond Nuryev is too big at 7/2. With the post's NAP going from 5 it is bigger than i would ahve thought. I am not putting it on the site as a bet but at 7/2 and if you are watching the racing on William Hill TV, sky channel 425 then its worth a dabble. I think the race could well work out for it as the other 5 are likely to bunch at the first bend and this will play into the hands of Pond Nuryev as it stays all day and recently was considered good enough to enter a staying open at brough over 640m. I think the post may have napped the 5 dog expecting it to improve after injury or something as its last race dates read, 7th jan, 15th dec, 9th dec, 20th nov and 23rd oct so i hope he knows something i don't. It does however have the early, if bringing starting boots to lead and hence crowding behind as suggested would help. A quick plug:- if you open an account with stanleybet they have sent me a note today to say that the £25 free bet offer is now available for all sports not just premiership footy. Therefore if you go to the site, click free bets and click the stanleybet banner and open an account you get £25. The same applies for Ladbrokes so bet with their money. Paul, if the free plug is not allowed please remove.

Re: Another good dog bet Still in shock about it getting beat, to me it ran a little flat. Missed the break by falling out the boxes, did well to lead and then just plodded round, unless it was all the beer i'd had by then. It was a bit embarrassing for me as I got my local to show the race on the tv! It only clocked a 28.09 when it should have easily gone under 28.00sec, it would be interesting to see the betting pattern on betfair as it drifted on the track from 4/5 to evens. Wimbledon punters are not stupid and this dog is far better than its rivals so i was suprised to see it walk in the market. Louise James is keen! sounds quite nice on the phone!